IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th February 2013, 06:00 PM   #401
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Please demonstrate how aluminum sheeting is like a sword, or a bullet. How does this keep intact long enough to transfer it's energy THROUGH, thicker, denser, more massive material?

http://yankee451.com/wp-content/uplo...ollow-wing.jpg

Tap, tap, tap...

This thing on?
The weight and velocity allow the wing to over-load the joints of the columns. DERP!

Aluminum does penetrate steel surfaces at sufficient speed. The observable phenomena that occur in this time/space continuum show that your theories lead to unsupportable conclusions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APA-120_Hinsdale-kamikaze.jpg (31.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 14th February 2013, 06:01 PM   #402
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheRedWorm View Post
Once you declare that the physical evidence is faked, you aren't actually following the evidence.

Someone quote that, if you don't mind.
Pleasure.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 06:04 PM   #403
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Don't worry about me, this is a test to see whether any single one of you knows what you're talking about.
Who is testing you?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 06:08 PM   #404
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Don't worry about me, this is a test to see whether any single one of you knows what you're talking about.
We do. This threat is full of statements and displays that demonstrate that you do not. You question the word of fire and crash investigators as to what a crash site or a fire scene should look like, you question construction laborers and ditch diggers as to how certain types of soills behave. You question the word of structural engineers as to how a building will resist an aicraft impact.

And you have demonstrated no credentials for your expertise or proofs or demonstrations of your theories. You are dribbling weak sauce all over the board.
Old 14th February 2013, 06:17 PM   #405
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

The pat answer from someone who has no idea what he's talking about.
Empty response and insult all you got?

How much energy does it take to break a perimiter column?
Old 14th February 2013, 06:21 PM   #406
TheRedWorm
I AM the Red Worm!

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Pleasure.

Thanks.

As usual, he doesn't understand the relevant sciences, can't Google for the right thing, and appears to rely on the notion that a word salad liberally sprinkled with Google Croutons will make his argument seem coherent. -JayUtah
TheRedWorm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 06:26 PM   #407
Courier
Banned

This is priceless.

Now a jet is comparable to a hurricane.

The air of a hurricane is moving at 100 mph. This air, can tare apart wood.

The water of a tsunami may be moving at only 30 mph, and yet it can tear apart wood structures.

Please explain how lighter and less dense substances can tare apart stronger and more dense substances.

Cause it happens ALL the time.
Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 06:30 PM   #408
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

If I used spellcheck on every post it would slow me down and then what would you talk about?

On average you post more often within in a single hour than I post in an entire day. I think it would be in your best interests to slow down a bit.

You know you don't have to completely derail your life just because a few dozen strangers on an obscure internet forum disagree with you, right? Surely you could be doing something better with your time?

Last edited by JohnG; 14th February 2013 at 07:41 PM.
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 06:55 PM   #409
Courier
Banned

Soft lead can fly straight through much harder and stronger steel, if moving at a fast enough speed.

Why? Because force is a combination of mass AND velocity. This is why the planes were able to cut through the steel beams of the WTC and Pentagon.
Courier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 07:07 PM   #410
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Courier View Post
Soft lead can fly straight through much harder and stronger steel, if moving at a fast enough speed.

Why? Because force is a combination of mass AND velocity. This is why the planes were able to cut through the steel beams of the WTC and Pentagon.
It would be interesting to hear him explain how explosives destroy things. That's only expanding gas.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 07:17 PM   #411
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Steve, I did read it. I practically had to arrange a sling to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor,
I know, right?

I've heard of the "Towers were vacant" conspiracy before, but this D&B database spin is entirely new to me and elevates the conspiracy to new levels of previously unexplored stupid. It's actually kind of refreshing, in its own way.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 07:24 PM   #412
yankee451
Master Poster

Terminal ballistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_ballistics
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 07:35 PM   #413
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You really should read what you link.

Quote:
An early result is due to Newton; the impact depth of any projectile is the depth that a projectile will reach before stopping in a medium; in Newtonian mechanics a projectile stops when it has transferred its momentum to an equal mass of the medium
This does not support what you're trying to claim.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 07:41 PM   #414
Courier
Banned

With enough force driving it, lead can blow through steel, water can blow through wood, and air can tare apart concrete.

Its called "Physics", something that 9-11 Truthers fail to appreciate.

This conversation reminds of when years ago 9-11 Truthers argued that the WTC towers were built like a solid tree, and that the top 1/3rd couldn't collapse the lower 2/3rds.

Last edited by Courier; 14th February 2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 14th February 2013, 07:46 PM   #415
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

With enough force driving it, lead can blow through steel, water can blow through wood, and air can tare apart concrete.

This conversation reminds of when years ago 9-11 Truthers argued that the WTC towers were built like a solid tree, and that the top 1/3rd couldn't collapse the lower 2/3rds.

It's sort of sad. He claims we don't know what we're talking about, then post a link that proves us right.

I'm waiting for him to post a link to Newtonian mechanics and call disinfo.

Last edited by DGM; 14th February 2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 14th February 2013, 08:35 PM   #416
Courier
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
It's sort of sad. He claims we don't know what we're talking about, then post a link that proves us right.

I'm waiting for him to post a link to Newtonian mechanics and call disinfo.
It doesn't really matter anymore, as we have won the war against 9-11 Truth.

Their movement is dead, mostly due to their own failures.
Old 14th February 2013, 08:53 PM   #417
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood
Steve, I did read it. I practically had to arrange a sling to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor, but I did understand it better than you. Your soulmate "Steve WarRan" (are you sure it isn't you?) alleged they did not have a Dun & Bradstreet listing, ergo they aren't real. If they are real, a Dun & Bradstreet listing is irrelevant.

So all these firms are part of the Vast Conspiracy? Tell us what you think are their motivations. What would it take to get all these people to risk imprisonment, vilification, and execution to take part? Usually, it's money, power, sex, ego, or payback. Rarely, it's ideology. What do you think it is for Oppenheimer? How about Union Bank of California or AT&T?

If you are not the "Steve WarRan" of the article, you can take comfort in that you have found a soulmate. You both should seek out professional help ASAP.

You appear to be the victim of obsession. If it's chemical/neurological in origin, it's treatable.

You guys really don't understand this stuff do you? All the squirming, all the condescention, it's all compensation isn't it? Wow.
Quote:
Original posted by AJM8125

I've heard of the "Towers were vacant" conspiracy before, but this D&B database spin is entirely new to me and elevates the conspiracy to new levels of previously unexplored stupid. It's actually kind of refreshing, in its own way.
Steve, please enlighten poor ignoramuses such as AJM and me how a putative lack of a Dun & Bradstreet rating shows that firms such as Union Bank of California, Oppenheimer Funds, or AT&T did not have actual offices in the Twin Towers. You were the one who brought it up, remember?

Quote:
33 Firms Said To Be Operating in the South Tower of the World Trade Center Were Unknown to Dun & Bradstreet
http://stevenwarran.blogspot.com/201...-in-south.html
Obviously, if it proves these firms don't really exist, you win. If they do exist, and you can't explain how a lack of a Dun & Bradstreet listing proves they didn't have offices in the Twin Towers, you can ask your soulmate "Steve WarRan" to explain it for you. Are you absolutely sure that you and he aren't the same person? Could he be your alter ego, unrecognized by your conscious mind? Do you ever suffer blackouts? Do you ever wake up in a strange place, with no idea as to how you got there? This can be treated also, just like obsession resulting from neurological/chemical problems.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 08:57 PM   #418
Animal
Master Poster

Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 11:09 PM   #419
yankee451
Master Poster

You really should read what you link.

This does not support what you're trying to claim.
I'm not the one claiming that a jet's wing is like a water-jet, nor a bullet. That'd be you guys. Water jets need to be coherent for the same reason a bullet does, both of which have the benefit of applying their velocity and mass at a tiny point of inpact. Because the wing's thin aluminum sheeting is spread out over a wide point of imact, the same principles are not in play. It is not solid, and the fuel may add weight but not mass and density to the aluminum.

It is not solid, it is hollow. So what holds it together? If it doesn't support my argument, why don't you show me the argument that supports yours. MIT had to roll up all the aluminum into a big ball and reform into a hollow aluminum machete in their model. I didn't see the figures in the NIST model, can you point them out to me?

Show me how this:

Can shear this:

It can't, and the 9/11 Crash Test will prove it.

Last edited by yankee451; 14th February 2013 at 11:10 PM.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2013, 11:14 PM   #420
yankee451
Master Poster

Steve, please enlighten poor ignoramuses such as AJM and me how a putative lack of a Dun & Bradstreet rating shows that firms such as Union Bank of California, Oppenheimer Funds, or AT&T did not have actual offices in the Twin Towers. You were the one who brought it up, remember?

Obviously, if it proves these firms don't really exist, you win. If they do exist, and you can't explain how a lack of a Dun & Bradstreet listing proves they didn't have offices in the Twin Towers, you can ask your soulmate "Steve WarRan" to explain it for you. Are you absolutely sure that you and he aren't the same person? Could he be your alter ego, unrecognized by your conscious mind? Do you ever suffer blackouts? Do you ever wake up in a strange place, with no idea as to how you got there? This can be treated also, just like obsession resulting from neurological/chemical problems.
Brilliant. We share the same first name, so we're obviously the same person. I linked to a document of his, so now I espouse everything he's ever written and should answer for his work because, after all, we're named Steve.
Old 14th February 2013, 11:25 PM   #421
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Just narrowing that down for you Steve, for the content you've failed to address.

Brilliant. We share the same first name, so we're obviously the same person. I linked to a document of his, so now I espouse everything he's ever written and should answer for his work because, after all, we're named Steve.
Hmmmm.... Trying to distance yourself from it now? That would probably be best....
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 12:27 AM   #422
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Just narrowing that down for you Steve, for the content you've failed to address.

Hmmmm.... Trying to distance yourself from it now? That would probably be best....
I've linked to other places too, even to the NIST! Gasp!
Old 15th February 2013, 12:27 AM   #423
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

It can't, and the 9/11 Crash Test will prove it.
What is the 911 Crash Test?
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 12:29 AM   #424
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
The weight and velocity allow the wing to over-load the joints of the columns. DERP!

Aluminum does penetrate steel surfaces at sufficient speed. The observable phenomena that occur in this time/space continuum show that your theories lead to unsupportable conclusions.
Ohh...nice wing imprints.

I was wondering which one would bring out the Kamikazes.

Who's going to be the first to bring up the straw through a tree in a hurricane? You? Come on, you know you want to.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:35 AM   #425
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

I've linked to other places too, even to the NIST! Gasp!
Evasion noted.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:41 AM   #426
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
Here's the video that describes the project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn3a--hf7_s

The website is http://www.911crashtest.org
Old 15th February 2013, 12:43 AM   #427
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Evasion noted.
Desperation identified.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:48 AM   #428
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Here's the video that describes the project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn3a--hf7_s

The website is http://www.911crashtest.org
I think they need to load the column, don't they? I'm just guessing, but a column under load would react differently than not wouldn't it? Then there's the business of the joints and all.

Don't see this experiment accomplishing what they hope.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 12:48 AM   #429
mike3
Master Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
I was not trained to think a certain way. I was trained to fly in the best flight school in the world. We were trained to think better than the other guy, to be the best. You seem to be trained to think up failed fantasy; was that training free like my pilot training, you paid for?
LOL, who do you think stopped Calley's guys from killing more civilians in Vietnam, a pilot; taught to think for himself and trained to be morally right. Unlike you who spreads failed fantasy, with no moral compass, as you disrespect those murdered by terrorists.

You are the domestic enemy, murdering the truth and replacing reality with fantasy. You don't do military, like physics and the truth; backed with a disrespect for higher education, and book learning.
Is it possible to get to be as good a critical thinker as you without having to go into military and get into that kind of elite school?
“Ego is subversive and devolutionary, truly destructive and terrible; ego is the generator of privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Ego is the fire that burns within the pit of hell, devouring and consuming everything that enters and leaving utterly nothing behind. Ego is horrible, cruel, and restraining, the darkness of the world, and the doom and bane of man.” – my reaction to that famous Bertrand Russell quote.
mike3 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 12:48 AM   #430
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Desperation identified.
Really.

Then perhaps you're now prepared to school me on your Dun & Bradstreet claim that you've been dodging since you brought it up?
Old 15th February 2013, 12:50 AM   #431
mike3
Master Poster

Are you going to tell me the USGS maps are accurate? What caused the ground to be 1000 kelvin many days after 9/11?
Well, those piles still contained a lot of combustibles, for one.

And where are you getting 1000K (1340F) from? USGS says it was "over 800F", but doesn't say how much over:

http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2001/ofr-01-...r-01-0405.html
“Ego is subversive and devolutionary, truly destructive and terrible; ego is the generator of privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Ego is the fire that burns within the pit of hell, devouring and consuming everything that enters and leaving utterly nothing behind. Ego is horrible, cruel, and restraining, the darkness of the world, and the doom and bane of man.” – my reaction to that famous Bertrand Russell quote.

Last edited by mike3; 15th February 2013 at 01:00 AM.
mike3 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 02:04 AM   #432
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
A Crash Test Dummies offshoot band.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 03:54 AM   #433
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Yankee451, I take it if I offer to accelerate some foam padding to 600mph you will have no problem letting your body be hit by it? After all, your body is denser.

Last edited by Travis; 15th February 2013 at 04:32 AM.
Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 04:04 AM   #434
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Yankee451, I take it I offer to accelerate some foam padding to 600mph you will have no problem letting your body be hit by it? After all your body is denser.
or go paintballing - those soft squishy pellets are obviously harmless.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 04:46 AM   #435
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I'm not the one claiming that a jet's wing is like a water-jet, nor a bullet. That'd be you guys. Water jets need to be coherent for the same reason a bullet does, both of which have the benefit of applying their velocity and mass at a tiny point of inpact. Because the wing's thin aluminum sheeting is spread out over a wide point of imact, the same principles are not in play. It is not solid, and the fuel may add weight but not mass and density to the aluminum.
I just wanted to quote this for anyone that has you on ignore.

It is not solid, it is hollow. So what holds it together? If it doesn't support my argument, why don't you show me the argument that supports yours. MIT had to roll up all the aluminum into a big ball and reform into a hollow aluminum machete in their model. I didn't see the figures in the NIST model, can you point them out to me?
I have shown you several times. You might ask yourself, what holds it together enough to allow the plane to fly? Take note how badly this wing wants to stay "coherent". It doesn't have to be indestructible, only strong enough to overload what it hit.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

BTW: The NIST figures are quoted in the powerpoint you never read.

Old 15th February 2013, 06:23 AM   #436
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm

Mod WarningAs a reminder, please keep the discussion civil/polite, on topic, and address the argument vs attack the arguer (ie. rule 0, rule 11, rule 12).
Responding to this modbox in thread will be off topic Posted By:Locknar
Old 15th February 2013, 06:53 AM   #437
switchpoint
Thinker

Quote:
I don't understand - how are you going to conduct and grade a test in a subject matter that you can't comprehend?
switchpoint is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th February 2013, 06:55 AM   #438
Macgyver1968
Philosopher

I just wanted to quote this for anyone that has you on ignore.

I have shown you several times. You might ask yourself, what holds it together enough to allow the plane to fly? Take note how badly this wing wants to stay "coherent". It doesn't have to be indestructible, only strong enough to overload what it hit.

[/yt]Ai2HmvAXcU0[/yt]

BTW: The NIST figures are quoted in the powerpoint you never read.
Cool video. Reminds me of dad. He was a stress engineer for Boeing on the triple 7. Helped design the engine strut (that critical part that holds the engine to the wing). They had a cool slogan on their t-shirts: "Destiny. It's not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice". I thought that was a cool saying for a group of guys who if they fail at their job...hundreds of people die.
Old 15th February 2013, 07:24 AM   #439
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Ohh...nice wing imprints.

I was wondering which one would bring out the Kamikazes.

Who's going to be the first to bring up the straw through a tree in a hurricane? You? Come on, you know you want to.
More importantly, you have a complete penetration by the aircraft fuselage. The fuselage is less dense that the wings. As I read the report, the wings did also pentetrate.
FAIL.
Old 15th February 2013, 07:26 AM   #440
Sabretooth
No Ordinary Rabbit

IIRC, there is a cutting tool that uses a stream of high pressure water. The water is moving so fast, it cuts steel. I'll have to find that video...

Sabretooth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories