IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th April 2013, 10:13 AM   #721
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Still don't know how that steel managed to remain untouched by the heat that was sufficient to 'melt' the concrete. The 'molten' concrete would contain a lot of heat at sufficient temperature to melt steel. Perhaps if the steel was introduced just as the concrete was lowering down to its solidifying temperature and the steel was precooled in a freezer just before being introduced to the concrete mass.......

Obviously concrete does not melt in the furnaces that produce steel so the concrete melting temp must be higher than that of steel, therefore the concrete can supply a lot of heat to the steel.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 10:34 AM   #722
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

I'm going to retract comments I made upthread about the melting of concrete. Those comments were made based on faulty 'general knowledge', knowledge that was reinforced by an article or two I'd googled that were subsequently posted here explicitly.

This big fat academic study on the performance of concrete at high temperatures does confirm that concrete will melt at temperatures well below 'several thousand degrees', even allowing for the °F to °C issue :

"The rate of decomposition and the temperature at which it occurs are
not only dependent on temperature and pressure, but also by the content of SiO2 present in the limestone. Above 1200°C and up to 1300°C, some components of the concrete begin to melt. Above 1300°C to 1400°C concrete exists in the form of a melt. Apparently liquifaction of the concrete commences with melting of the hardened cement paste followed by melting of the aggregates. The melting points of aggregates vary greatly. At 1060°C basalt is at the lower limit of all types of rock, with quartzite not melting below 1700°C (Ref. 5)."

That thermite was not present at WTC and that, even if it had been, it wouldn't begin to explain the 'meteorite' or 'gun in concrete' phenomena remains the case though.

An amount of (theoretical) thermite sufficient to reduce enough concrete to lava sufficient to allow it to flow to a point where the gun was itself was not melted by an ambient temperature that might melt the gun would have to be vast. And any such claim would need to be supported by remarkable evidence. In addition the resolidifed once-molten concrete would bear clear marks of resolidification, marks totally absent from the meteorite to say the least (the gun photos are unclear).

Meanwhile Sunstealer's first Youtube video upthread needs explaining by C7 or anybody else; the one showing a pretty thin cinder block happily resisting the lengthy attention of a thermite blaze without melting or even cracking or spalling. Beachnut's comment on this issue is very pertinent - what's the coefficient? How much thermite producing how much heat being transferred to what mass of concrete such that the concrete might melt?

I post this with a heavy heart, as I know it's likely to encourage Truther nuttiness. But facts are facts and have to be acknowledged. It certainly seems that concrete can melt at temperatures at about (including lower than) the melting point of steel.

Last edited by GlennB; 10th April 2013 at 10:42 AM.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 12:08 PM   #723
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Christopher7 View Post
... The second guy is wrong. Portland cement will decompose rather than melt but concrete is mostly rock and sand that do melt so the result is molten rock and sand containing some decomposed cement.
Prove it. Are you saying no parts of Portland cement melt? Did you miss the eutectic plot?

The museum made a mistake. You have a fantasy.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 02:35 PM   #724
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
I'm going to retract comments I made upthread about the melting of concrete. Those comments were made based on faulty 'general knowledge', knowledge that was reinforced by an article or two I'd googled that were subsequently posted here explicitly.

This big fat academic study on the performance of concrete at high temperatures does confirm that concrete will melt at temperatures well below 'several thousand degrees', even allowing for the °F to °C issue :

not only dependent on temperature and pressure, but also by the content of SiO2 present in the limestone. Above 1200°C and up to 1300°C, some components of the concrete begin to melt. Above 1300°C to 1400°C concrete exists in the form of a melt. Apparently liquifaction of the concrete commences with melting of the hardened cement paste followed by melting of the aggregates. The melting points of aggregates vary greatly. At 1060°C basalt is at the lower limit of all types of rock, with quartzite not melting below 1700°C (Ref. 5)."

That thermite was not present at WTC and that, even if it had been, it wouldn't begin to explain the 'meteorite' or 'gun in concrete' phenomena remains the case though.

An amount of (theoretical) thermite sufficient to reduce enough concrete to lava sufficient to allow it to flow to a point where the gun was itself was not melted by an ambient temperature that might melt the gun would have to be vast. And any such claim would need to be supported by remarkable evidence. In addition the resolidifed once-molten concrete would bear clear marks of resolidification, marks totally absent from the meteorite to say the least (the gun photos are unclear).

Meanwhile Sunstealer's first Youtube video upthread needs explaining by C7 or anybody else; the one showing a pretty thin cinder block happily resisting the lengthy attention of a thermite blaze without melting or even cracking or spalling. Beachnut's comment on this issue is very pertinent - what's the coefficient? How much thermite producing how much heat being transferred to what mass of concrete such that the concrete might melt?

I post this with a heavy heart, as I know it's likely to encourage Truther nuttiness. But facts are facts and have to be acknowledged. It certainly seems that concrete can melt at temperatures at about (including lower than) the melting point of steel.
Ok perhaps I am victim of my own personal incredulity. Still, I'd like to see a demonstration of;
- melted concrete
- concrete being melted by thermite
- molten concrete and solid steel existing side by each.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 05:04 PM   #725
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Ok perhaps I am victim of my own personal incredulity. Still, I'd like to see a demonstration of;
- melted concrete
You forgot the bit "without any iron from the thermite attaching itself to the resulting molten blob....
Old 10th April 2013, 08:26 PM   #726
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
You still basing the melted concrete on a caption at an exhibit?
You still claiming a museum exhibit put forth by the police department, used to indoctrinate school children, isn't significant?

Add to that the stories of molten steel from the FDNY and the "hot spots" from NASA and the USGS, and it would take a supreme leap of faith to buy anything the authorities are selling. But you're all about leaping, aren't you?
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 08:36 PM   #727
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

HOT SPOTs from NASA and USGS were ordinary debris fires... due to murderers

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
You still claiming a museum exhibit put forth by the police department, used to indoctrinate school children, isn't significant?
What did the museum say?

Indoctrination? LOL, anyone can look at the exhibit and see it was not melted concrete, no one cares; you can't get it corrected? Have you tried?

You are going to a big demo of how planes can't break the thin steel shell of the WTC, and you can't correct a museum error? Action?

Add to that the stories of molten steel from the FDNY and the "hot spots" from NASA and the USGS, and it would take a supreme leap of faith to buy anything the authorities are selling. But you're all about leaping, aren't you?
The HOT spots from NASA were not hot enough to melt steel or concrete, so NASA agree with your no melted steel, no melted concrete, but they laugh at the failed missile fantasy.

You lie about missiles, the melted concrete is a simple mistake. You rant against police failed to make a point but you like fiction.

Last edited by beachnut; 10th April 2013 at 08:39 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 08:46 PM   #728
yankee451
Master Poster

A steel gun would not melt instantly, it takes time to heat the steel. As the heat was transferred from the flowing molten concrete to the steel gun, the temperature of the concrete was reduced to less that the melting point of the steel in the gun before the gun was completely melted.

The topic is the molten concrete. yankee says the police commissioner lied, therefore, the NYPD Museum is lying -
I say his logic is flawed.

ETA: He also says that concrete doesn't melt - which is wrong.
My experience with heating concrete is that it bursts into pieces - it breaks into its components before it becomes hot enough to melt, and that the "clinker" that is left when it cools down will unmistakenly not be concrete. Pumice is what comes to mind.

The police museum exhibit was built to spread the lie that not only did the concrete melt, but after it cooled, it turned back into concrete. So in addition to the fairy tale that fires fueled by office materials and human beings became so intense they melted the concrete in their path (without a blast furnace, figure THAT one out), the lava cooled back into concrete without melting the guns that were encased therein!

And now you come trotting out with the tired old thermite argument - surely the NY police museum exhibit that indoctrinated school children and adults alike into believing ridiculous imopossibilities wasn't wrong after all...no...the only thing that can melt both concrete and steel is thermite, so this is proof that not only were the police reports of molten concrete true, so were the FDNY reports of rivers of molten steel. The "hot spot" images, and the fires raging for months after the collapse are all true. The authorities are absolved. Huzza!

Snort.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 08:50 PM   #729
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Missile fantasy conspiracy theorist calls Thermite fantasy wrong...

... And now you come trotting out with the tired old thermite argument - ... Snort.
His thermite claims are orders of magnitude more possible than your invisible missiles not in production, based on 3800 mph micro balls leaving craters.

http://yankee451.com/2013/03/27/missile-impact-images/
Nonsense, and more nonsense...
http://yankee451.com/2012/07/15/963/

Last edited by beachnut; 10th April 2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10th April 2013, 10:46 PM   #730
GlennB

- melted concrete
Quite so. But Truther science allows absolutes - X burns at a certain temperature which is higher than the melting point of Y. Therefore that pile of Y will melt in the presence of burning X.

C7 needs to explain why the cinder block didn't melt in Sunstealer's first video, just for starters. Or why a 2000 °C spark won't melt a car.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 11:29 PM   #731
Christopher7
Philosopher

Thank you for the info and for your honesty/integrity to accept and post info you don't particularly care for.

This "truther nuttiness" is from the NYPD Museum and there is really no reason to doubt that their assessment is correct.

It is possible that concrete landed on top of a large glob of molten iron from a thermite reaction. It takes a while to heat concrete because it conducts the heat and releases it on the sides not in contact with the molten iron. When the concrete melts it flows away from the heat source and rapidly begins to cool. It flows around a gun that is far enough away from the molten iron that it is well below its melting point. The gun cools the molten concrete as the molten concrete heats the gun. Much of the gun melts but the barrel, which is outside the molten concrete is dispersing heat and the molten concrete drops below the melting point of the gun before the barrel melts.

Why didn't the cinder block melt?
Not enough thermite - the cinder block and the iron plate conducted the heat away. Note that the iron plate under the block did not melt so it did not reach 2800oF

How much thermite would it take? The "experimenters" did not bother to find out. They went to all that trouble but didn't try it again with more thermite. Looks like they set out to prove that concrete doesn't melt but we now know that it does.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2013, 11:41 PM   #732
Spanx
Master Poster

C7, whatever you do,

Don't provide a link for thermite melting concrete.

Just enhance our knowledge with your truther wisdom. We enjoy laughing.

Lol and ae911truth has done all of the research except they didn't check if thermite melts concrete oops, what else did they forget.

Last edited by Spanx; 11th April 2013 at 12:11 AM.
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2013, 12:21 AM   #733
Christopher7
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post
C7, whatever you do,

Don't provide a link for thermite melting concrete.

Just enhance our knowledge with your truther wisdom. We enjoy laughing.
You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't male it think.

Why do you need a link for thermite melting concrete?
If you know these facts there is no need for a specific reference.
1) The thermite reaction produces molten iron at ~2482 oC
2) Above 1300°C to 1400°C concrete exists in the form of a melt.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2013, 12:43 AM   #734
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Source. Multiple would be good.

There was no melted steel on 911, and no melted concrete. No thermite.

10 terrorists crashed two planes into the WTC... The rest is history - the thermite scam was made up by Jones in 2005 based on his fantasy. He lied. Prove otherwise is a sure Pulitzer Prize; sort of like Breaking Watergate. Guess how fast Watergate was exposed, and how few were involved. Your fantasy conspiracy theory on 911 would need thousands - Watergate, a few. Why can't 911 truth, or you break 911? Because you have a fantasy.

The museum made a mistake, Yankee451 thinks it is to support some inside job, you think it really is melted concreted from thermite, yet zero thermite was found, no iron was found fused to anything on 911.

11 years and the only product 911 truth is, typing practice ... not good fiction, a failed movement of nonsense.
Old 11th April 2013, 02:21 AM   #735
Sunstealer
Illuminator

I love the way C7 and Yankee contradict one another.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2013, 03:53 AM   #736
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
I love the way C7 and Yankee contradict one another.
When multiple people just make stuff up, that's just bound to happen
Old 11th April 2013, 05:17 AM   #737
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

So C7, How much Thermite does it take to melt a pound of concrete?
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2013, 06:22 AM   #738
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

It is possible that concrete landed on top of a large glob of molten iron from a thermite reaction. .
There has never been any evidence shown to indicate the presence of a large 'glob' molten iron, nor has there ever been any evidence shown that indicates the presence of enormous quantities of iron based thermite.

NOR has anyone demonstrated the amount of thermite required to produce a large chunk of molten concrete.
Old 11th April 2013, 07:21 AM   #739
GlennB

There were no such globs, but just for the sake of theory ...

It is possible that concrete landed on top of a large glob of molten iron from a thermite reaction. It takes a while to heat concrete because it conducts the heat and releases it on the sides not in contact with the molten iron.
It also cools the molten iron on contact.. Does the iron stay molten?

When the concrete melts it flows away from the heat source and rapidly begins to cool.
Why would it flow away? The molten iron didn't flow away. It's there in a great glob to accept the concrete. Or was it in a 'receptacle' that was full to the brim so only the concrete lava would flow away?

(Actually this raises the point of what might manage to contain the molten iron in the first place, but I don't want to confuse you.)

It flows around a gun that is far enough away from the molten iron that it is well below its melting point. The gun cools the molten concrete as the molten concrete heats the gun.
What about all the other stuff along the way? More concrete, dust, metal ....

Much of the gun melts but the barrel, which is outside the molten concrete is dispersing heat and the molten concrete drops below the melting point of the gun before the barrel melts.
Just so? Perfect timing!

What a load of bilge.
Old 11th April 2013, 07:42 AM   #740
Animal
Master Poster

What a load of bilge.

It is a load of "making stuff up" to keep the religion alive.
Animal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2013, 07:44 AM   #741
Spanx
Master Poster

Ok, so your telling me you are not going to provide a link because there is no need to

Oh, it's a shame your witty comment has a spelling mistake. Perhaps you should think a bit more often
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2013, 07:53 AM   #742
fess
Graduate Poster

My experience with heating concrete is that it bursts into pieces - it breaks into its components before it becomes hot enough to melt, and that the "clinker" that is left when it cools down will unmistakenly not be concrete. Pumice is what comes to mind.

The police museum exhibit was built to spread the lie that not only did the concrete melt, but after it cooled, it turned back into concrete. So in addition to the fairy tale that fires fueled by office materials and human beings became so intense they melted the concrete in their path (without a blast furnace, figure THAT one out), the lava cooled back into concrete without melting the guns that were encased therein!

And now you come trotting out with the tired old thermite argument - surely the NY police museum exhibit that indoctrinated school children and adults alike into believing ridiculous imopossibilities wasn't wrong after all...no...the only thing that can melt both concrete and steel is thermite, so this is proof that not only were the police reports of molten concrete true, so were the FDNY reports of rivers of molten steel. The "hot spot" images, and the fires raging for months after the collapse are all true. The authorities are absolved. Huzza!

Snort.
I still love this line, like nothing else in the building could have melted before the “steel”. (Snort)
Old 11th April 2013, 08:34 AM   #743
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Why would it flow away? The molten iron didn't flow away. It's there in a great glob to accept the concrete. Or was it in a 'receptacle' that was full to the brim so only the concrete lava would flow away?

(Actually this raises the point of what might manage to contain the molten iron in the first place, but I don't want to confuse you.)
It brings up the point as well as to what would be more dense, the molten steel or the molten consitituents of the concrete(various different minerals). The denser materials will sink.
There is also the possibility of some constituents of the concrete, such as calcium carbonate, that may dissolve in the liquid steel. Then there is the fact that no large resolidified globs of molten steel have ever been recovered from the debris.
Old 11th April 2013, 08:39 AM   #744
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

It also cools the molten iron on contact.. Does the iron stay molten?
In Chris' scenario it would have to. The concrete must flow away from the steel and no longer have contact with it, meaning the steel stays put while the concrete flows. One way for that to happen would be for the steel to harden, but then what was containing it in the first place that still allows the concrete to flow away?

Of course this all hinges on the caption on a 911 memorial display being completely scientifically accurate.
Old 11th April 2013, 09:25 AM   #745
Spanx
Master Poster

To be honest or as c7 would say, in denial.

I have searched the net and all I can find is, a thermal lance melting concrete, a plasma patent and an image of molten concrete on the space shuttle launch pad.

I can't find anything about thermite melting concrete. If I could find a link to thermite melting concrete I would post it up.

What about you Chris, do you want to be honest and give a reason for not posting a link up ?

Can anyone find any information about thermite melting concrete ?
Old 11th April 2013, 09:44 AM   #746
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Spanx View Post

Can anyone find any information about thermite melting concrete ?
I would tend to doubt thermite would (without stupid quantities). Concrete is not a very good conductor of heat and the iron would likely solidify on contact protecting the concrete.

As far as the lance goes, I own one and I wouldn't cut concrete with it on a dare (I can do it though). Concrete does not react well to fast intense directed heat. The lance abrades the surface more than melts it. I'm not a big fan of hot stuff being blown back at me.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2013, 10:02 AM   #747
Spanx
Master Poster

In all fairness, who is to say that if it is molten concrete, it could have been created from a thermal lance during the clean up operation ?

Oh hang on, the ONLY explanation is thermite and lots of it.
Old 12th April 2013, 03:15 PM   #748
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by fess View Post
I still love this line, like nothing else in the building could have melted before the “steel”. (Snort)
I like how you guys believe anything as long as it comes from someone in authority, regardless how ridiculous. Americans suffer from a national Stockholm Syndrome.
Old 12th April 2013, 03:20 PM   #749
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

I like how you guys believe anything as long as it comes from someone in authority, regardless how ridiculous. Americans suffer from a national Stockholm Syndrome.
I like how you disbelieve everything that anyone says simply because it does not spring whole from your own imaginative mind.

I like how both of us used the word 'like' sarcastically.

BTW, I am not American.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 12th April 2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12th April 2013, 03:57 PM   #750
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Nothing worse than being lectured about being a sheep by a sheep.
Old 12th April 2013, 04:30 PM   #751
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Just like your fellow truther C7 believing that the concrete melted around the gun just because the museum has a plaque saying so.

Care to set C7 straight on the matter?
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2013, 04:44 PM   #752
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Fantasy of missiles and no planes expert finds museum error...

I like how you guys believe anything
Not exactly what sketpics do; you got this one wrong. And you believe what you make up? You are the one who believes dumb stuff, the stuff you make up. You made a mistake, you have woo at a skeptic forum. Your fantasy of missiles, essentially claiming no one was killed on aircraft on 911. The big lie.
Have you told the ones who lost loved ones on the aircraft it was fake? Do you do anything other than fantasy?
You like movies?
... ; movies like Serpico, Internal Affairs, and the Godfather ...
You like fiction.

as long as it comes from someone in authority,
A false statement, you are at a skeptic forum and you posted a lie. This is a lie. Sorry, but you should ask before making up your answers using failed opinions.

regardless how ridiculous.
http://yankee451.com/2012/07/15/963/ Have you told the museum they made a mistake? Why do you post lies about police?
Ridiculous?
http://yankee451.com/ (ridiculous)2 It is math... don't worry.
Extra credit ridiculous.
http://yankee451.com/2012/09/11/shan...ictional-dead/
Wow, American calling Americans murdered by terrorists, the fictional dead.

Americans suffer from a national Stockholm Syndrome.
Source? Evidence? No, you have this. http://yankee451.com/ , ridiculous.

When will you contact the museum and explain the error?

Last edited by beachnut; 12th April 2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 13th April 2013, 02:57 AM   #753
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Hogwash. It becomes vitrified like obsidian. At least that was my experience when I set off a thermite charge sitting on a concrete surface.

Quote:

Snort.
All the exhibit proves is that some people whom you would expect to know better fail to do their proper research. The curator of that museum is very clearly not a member of their arson unit, nor even in communication with them.

Thermite also has sod all to do with fire that lasted for a month. It burns up RIGHT NOW or does not burn at all.
Old 13th April 2013, 05:45 AM   #754
OCaptain
Graduate Poster

There has never been any evidence shown to indicate the presence of a large 'glob' molten iron, nor has there ever been any evidence shown that indicates the presence of enormous quantities of iron based thermite.

NOR has anyone demonstrated the amount of thermite required to produce a large chunk of molten concrete.
Because that requires WORK, and Truthers don't do work. Better to just keep throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks.
OCaptain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2013, 05:50 AM   #755
OCaptain
Graduate Poster

Of course this all hinges on the caption on a 911 memorial display being completely scientifically accurate.
Then, if so, one would expect a paper describing the process by which they came to this conclusion.

Has anyone on the Truthers' side asked the NYPD Museum if they commissioned such a study?
OCaptain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2013, 07:37 PM   #756
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
Just like your fellow truther C7 believing that the concrete melted around the gun just because the museum has a plaque saying so.

Care to set C7 straight on the matter?
I don't understand what you mean.

Concrete didn't melt - the police lied. The FDNY lied about molten steel. NASA and the USGS lied about hotspots.

Care to set me straight on the matter?
Old 14th April 2013, 07:48 PM   #757
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by OCaptain View Post
Then, if so, one would expect a paper describing the process by which they came to this conclusion.

Has anyone on the Truthers' side asked the NYPD Museum if they commissioned such a study?
You make it sound as if you can't make up your mind unless someone writes a "paper".
Old 14th April 2013, 08:12 PM   #758
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

NASA and USGS did not lie.

... NASA and the USGS lied about hotspots.

Care to set me straight on the matter?
You posted a lie. NASA found hot spots, but no hot enough to melt steel or concrete. So NASA did not lie, you did.
USGS did not say there were temperatures hot enough to melt steel or concrete. So you lied twice.

The police did not say steel melted, or concrete melted, you said they said it. Another lie.

The museum made an error, but the WTC site was hot; the pile was on fire for months, fire is hot. You failed to make a point, and have not corrected the museum. What do you do beside making up the silly missile fantasy, and hate police?

Last edited by beachnut; 14th April 2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 14th April 2013, 08:40 PM   #759
HotRodDeluxe
Muse

Molten concrete?

Last edited by HotRodDeluxe; 14th April 2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Comic relief
HotRodDeluxe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2013, 01:19 AM   #760
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
So C7, How much Thermite does it take to melt a pound of concrete?
I once melted about half an ounce of concrete with a 6 ounce block of aluminum/calcium thermite. The vitrified concrete was about an eighth of an inch thick.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories