ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Bird Conspiracies , CT humor

Old 28th October 2018, 09:08 AM   #1
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Birds Aren't Real

So, I was checking the saloon bar at RW and bumped against a topic that had this link:

https://birdsarentreal.com/

Quote:
Recent surveys have revealed that 99.5% of the general public still believe in "Birds." I know, I was shocked too. That said, it is our DUTY as Bird Truthers to remove the blinders from their eyes and welcome them into the light of the truth. Together, we can shift society's perception of what flies above us.
This "movement" is also active in Canada & Australia...

I...I...I just can't...

Insane Asylums. Seriously, why are these hybrids allowed to roam free in the wild??

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 09:33 AM   #2
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

They're quite clearly taking the piss.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 09:35 AM   #3
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Waiting for Trump tweet in 3...2...1...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Waiting for Trump tweet in 3...2...1...
A tweet, huh? You're clearly one of them.

Wake up tweet-ple!
Old 28th October 2018, 02:21 PM   #5
Whip
Graduate Poster

when I flip a bird, it's very real.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 02:34 PM   #6
Thermal
Philosopher

It's always stunning to see how gullible people are. I mean, you see the 'birds' on electrical wires. You couldn't figure out that they are government built surveillance drones, recharging their batteries?

Cockatoos can't melt steel beams, people.
Old 28th October 2018, 02:43 PM   #7
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I don't buy it.

I mean, I have eaten birds! I haven't eaten any of the alleged "Boeings" that allegedly crashed on 9/11, nor have I eaten any of the alleged "children" that allegedly were shot at Sandy Hooks. But I have eaten birds!
Old 28th October 2018, 02:47 PM   #8
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Yeah I saw a few of these plastered around our neighborhood's hipster neighborhood a while back and I don't like it. Yeah it's obviously a parody, performance art, or possible viral marketing for something; no version of this works if you look at it "straight" but here and now is hardly the time to do conspiratorial nonsense jokingly.

"Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 28th October 2018 at 02:50 PM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 02:48 PM   #9
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I don't buy it.

I mean, I have eaten birds! I haven't eaten any of the alleged "Boeings" that allegedly crashed on 9/11, nor have I eaten any of the alleged "children" that allegedly were shot at Sandy Hooks. But I have eaten birds!
Chickens aren't birds. Turkeys either. That's how deep the Conspiracy runs.

You think that was some benign bird you ate? Ever had it tested by a lab? There is this one dude in his garage who is the worlds foremost expert on avian biomechanics and he Xeroxed a book on the subject. Educate yourself.
Old 28th October 2018, 03:00 PM   #10
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Yeah I saw a few of these plastered around our neighborhood's hipster neighborhood a while back and I don't like it. Yeah it's obviously a parody, performance art, or possible viral marketing for something; no version of this works if you look at it "straight" but here and now is hardly the time to do conspiratorial nonsense jokingly.
I give it about a year before it becomes a sincere YT movement.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 03:16 PM   #11
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Well this is sure going to ruin Thanksgiving!

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 03:27 PM   #12
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

The blowfly: Australia's National Bird.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 03:36 PM   #13
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Of course “birds” aren’t real.

They’re dinosaurs.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 03:42 PM   #14
dann
Philosopher

Loonies like him risk getting ostrichized.

ETA: On the other hand: It would explain why nobody's been able to get footage of the fire-starting birds!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 28th October 2018 at 03:45 PM.
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 03:53 PM   #15
p0lka
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

They’re dinosaurs.
And there's no such thing as fish either!
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 07:23 PM   #16
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
"Hear us, you who are no more than leaves always falling, you mortals benighted by nature,
You enfeebled and powerless creatures of earth always haunting a world of mere shadows,
Entities without wings, insubstantial as dreams, you ephemeral things, you human beings:
Turn your minds to our words, our etherial words, for the words of the birds last forever!"

--Aristophanes, The Birds

Also,

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Disavow any knowledge of my twitter here.
gerdbonk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2018, 07:26 PM   #17
Axxman300
Illuminator

Bird is the word. Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word.
Old 28th October 2018, 07:31 PM   #18
Thermal
Philosopher

To bird, or not to bird...
Old 28th October 2018, 11:59 PM   #19
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Difficult to see how this thread is in "Conspiracies", and not with Baylor's thread about Trudeau being transgender in Humour.......given that the precedent has now been set.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 12:06 AM   #20
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Birds are a manufactured scapegoat for Big Guano.
Old 29th October 2018, 12:15 AM   #21
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Chickens aren't birds. Turkeys either. That's how deep the Conspiracy runs.

You think that was some benign bird you ate? Ever had it tested by a lab? There is this one dude in his garage who is the worlds foremost expert on avian biomechanics and he Xeroxed a book on the subject. Educate yourself.
I once ate a benign bird. When I picked her up she was cold.. frigid even but she soon warmed up and got quite hot.*

*then I woke up.

Last edited by Hungry81; 29th October 2018 at 12:18 AM.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 01:56 AM   #22
KDLarsen
Illuminator

What are birds? We just don't know.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Fortunately, the team at Look Around You has produced this helpful documentary:
I AGREE
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 02:17 AM   #23
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
--Aristophanes, The Birds
Enough of your disinformation. Everyone knows it was Hitchcock, not some Greek guy.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 02:37 AM   #24
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Difficult to see how this thread is in "Conspiracies", and not with Baylor's thread about Trudeau being transgender in Humour.......given that the precedent has now been set.
False equivalence. Trudeau isn’t a robot pretending to be a bird. Do keep up!
Old 29th October 2018, 03:54 AM   #25
foophil
Graduate Poster

This is funny:

Quote:
In a stolen transcript from an ex-CIA deputy, she says,” yeah, the higher ups were so annoyed that birds had been dropping fecal matter on their car windows that they vowed to wipe out every single flying feathered creature in North America.”

As we learned in the previous chapter, this was just one of the reasons that the government came up with to eliminate the birds.
Quote:
23 men from within the Boeing Engineering department travelled to Area 51 in the back of an old school bus that they purchased from a salvage yard in Mukilteo Washington. They were seen by a few individuals bringing couches and rugs into the bus, and were also heard discussing and I quote,” really cool playlists for the road trip.”

Clearly, the Boeing Engineers didn’t get the memo from Dulles about remaining undetected, and actually painted “Area 51 or bust” on both sides of the bus. Whenever they would stop for gas, they would set up a makeshift campsite in the parking lot and sing songs with titles such as “I left my Honey for Area 51,” and,” Let’s Kill all the Birds.” They attracted a lot of attention, and the locals of a town in Idaho claimed that the men would reveal intimate details of what they were doing. Clearly, they were complete idiots; but their idiocy is one of the hardest pieces of evidence on how the government killed the birds.
Quote:
As I said a few paragraphs ago, the President was unaware what was going on until October 3rd, 1963; when a top CIA official was overheard speaking about the operation over a tapped phone. John F. Kennedy was the President at this time, and had tapped the phone of Alvin B. Cleaver (Internal Communications Director for the CIA). Kennedy believed that Cleaver was stealing his ham sandwich from the White House Kitchen, and vowed to catch him speaking about it over the phone.
Quote:
On October 25th, 1963 Kennedy was shown a prototype of the Turkey X500- a robot that specialized in killing larger birds like eagles and falcons. The robot displayed its surveillance skills, as well as its ability to find and track escaped criminals (as we learned from chapter 1, this was one of the things that drove Eisenhower to approve the project.) Kennedy was impressed with what he was shown, but continued to demand the immediate shutdown of the operation; and less than a month later he was dead. Now I’m not saying that these events are correlated, but I am. JFK was murdered by the CIA because he was against the mass murder of every feathered flying creature in the United States.

That's all in chapter one. It's hilarious reading.
foophil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 04:12 AM   #26
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

They’re dinosaurs.
Boo! I wanted to post that.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2018, 06:50 PM   #27
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Try telling the to the people of Bodega Bay...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 01:20 AM   #28
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post

Birds are also fish.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 01:56 AM   #29
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
Blue Whale !

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 08:03 PM   #30
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
Is it true there are no birds in Ireland?

Disavow any knowledge of my twitter here.
gerdbonk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2018, 11:20 PM   #31
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I presume these nut jobs, if they're in any way serious, have never eaten chicken.
Old 31st October 2018, 10:22 AM   #32
Steve
Illuminator

I presume these nut jobs, if they're in any way serious, have never eaten chicken.
Neither have you. That was NOT chicken!!!
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:55 AM   #33
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

lolwut?

I think those people have been taking "Birdemic" too serious...

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong

Last edited by tinribmancer; 3rd November 2018 at 11:57 AM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories