ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th September 2018, 01:32 PM   #1
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I see Moon Hoaxers Rising....

I think the up coming biopic on Neal Armstrong "First Man" will bring out the Moonbats in force....

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 14th September 2018 at 01:33 PM.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Already has the right wing freaking out over the lack of a flag raising scene.
Old 14th September 2018, 02:23 PM   #3
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Already has the right wing freaking out over the lack of a flag raising scene.
Yeah, I read that.
Still think the Moonbats will be heard from.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2018, 04:50 PM   #4
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I've been going to bat with them in FB. I usually check only the ISS page because it lets me post pics. I'll check the space.com FB page, no pics but might be a bellweather.
Old 14th September 2018, 07:39 PM   #5
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think the up coming biopic on Neal Armstrong "First Man" will bring out the Moonbats in force....
"They" never went away, just check the YT channels. They aren't as many(?) as 2009-2010, but they are there spreading the nonsense. One in particular hunchbacked aka Pascal Xavier breeding his anomalies and poorly designed craft, something he knows very little about. He also paints Quora.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2018, 07:14 AM   #6
sts60
Illuminator

http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=111.0

Here’s as good as any a discussion of hunchbacked and his rather determined cluelessness.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2018, 09:34 AM   #7
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post

Here’s as good as any a discussion of hunchbacked and his rather determined cluelessness.
Excellent all before my time at apollohoax.net. I do have one question, who is/was "He Who Shall Not Be Named?".

I agree with his spatial recognition issues and have pointed that out to him, but he counters "There is nothing wrong with my vision". Of course he points out how an image should represent a view. He then goes on to say how the image doesn't represent what he described, when clearly it does. I have comment on many of his observations which he dismisses as nonsense(my comments). Truly a lost cause.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2018, 10:29 AM   #8
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The second poster on that link is a regular at Cosmoquest, has been to my Pumpkin Pitch, and I've been to her Faire!
Old 17th September 2018, 12:05 PM   #9
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
The second poster on that link is a regular at Cosmoquest, has been to my Pumpkin Pitch, and I've been to her Faire!
We too have posted across one another but not sure if it was CQ. It is nice to know people IRL from all these forums.
Old 17th September 2018, 05:14 PM   #10
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
"They" never went away, just check the YT channels. They aren't as many(?) as 2009-2010, but they are there spreading the nonsense. One in particular hunchbacked aka Pascal Xavier breeding his anomalies and poorly designed craft, something he knows very little about. He also paints Quora.
Oh, I know they are always with us, but "First Man" will give them a new burst of energy and probably some press coverage.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 17th September 2018, 07:31 PM   #11
bknight
Muse

Oh, I know they are always with us, but "First Man" will give them a new burst of energy and probably some press coverage.
My hope is for little of both.
Old 18th September 2018, 09:15 AM   #12
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Maybe, just maybe, the moon hoax is a long con run. After all, we have known that eventually going to the moon would become tourism.
And now that that japanese guy has bought the first trip maybe they will try to play the 'we can't go to the moon and I will go with you to prove it' card to try and get a free space trip?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2018, 10:51 AM   #13
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And of course, Buzz Aldrin will be a character in the film and we all know how much the Moon Hoaxers love Aldrin...

Robert Heinlein.
Old 18th September 2018, 01:22 PM   #14
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

And of course, Buzz Aldrin will be a character in the film and we all know how much the Moon Hoaxers love Aldrin...
and vice versa:

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2018, 01:24 PM   #15
SuburbanTurkey
Muse

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Now there's a man dedicated to public service.
Old 18th September 2018, 02:30 PM   #16
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Now there's a man dedicated to public service.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

This video has a link to the original video, which was flagged for Copyright by Bart Sibrel...

Seriously, **** Youtube.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2018, 02:33 PM   #17
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Man,ALdrin shows he did not forget what he learned when he was on the Boxing team at West Point.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 18th September 2018, 11:44 PM   #18
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Really?

His name was Neil.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2018, 12:26 AM   #19
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Never tire of that...

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2018, 11:04 AM   #20
MattNelson
Scholar

On top of the mainstream documentary, we are getting a full-on conspiracy summary by the producer of "September 11: The New Pearl Harbor," a 5-hour (insert descriptive noun). The documentary will be called "American Moon." See the trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH7doRBIo6c

I'll add the link to his webpage for the documentary:
https://www.luogocomune.net/LC/americanmoon/

Last edited by MattNelson; 20th September 2018 at 11:07 AM.
MattNelson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2018, 04:05 PM   #21
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by MattNelson View Post
On top of the mainstream documentary, we are getting a full-on conspiracy summary by the producer of "September 11: The New Pearl Harbor," a 5-hour (insert descriptive noun). The documentary will be called "American Moon." See the trailer here:

Same old tired stupid observations, the trailer contains noting worthwhile. I suspect the webpage is more of the same. And pokes fun at Paolo Attivissimo, who debunks HB's in his book.
Old 21st September 2018, 11:07 AM   #22
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MattNelson View Post

Isn’t a documentary supposed to have something to do with facts? A look at the “42 questions” shows only the usual slobbering cluelessness regurgitated by Apollo hoax believers for decades.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 01:52 PM   #23
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Isn’t a documentary supposed to have something to do with facts? A look at the “42 questions” shows only the usual slobbering cluelessness regurgitated by Apollo hoax believers for decades.
If you take those 42 questions and remove the ones which are basically the same questions phrased differently, you end up with half a dozen very easily answered questions.

How they're going to pad this garbage out to 5 hours is beyond me.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 07:14 AM   #24
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
If you take those 42 questions and remove the ones which are basically the same questions phrased differently, you end up with half a dozen very easily answered questions.

How they're going to pad this garbage out to 5 hours is beyond me.
Lots and lots of video/images proving their contentions that they were all fake.
Old 22nd September 2018, 09:06 AM   #25
Major Major
Critical Thinker

Man,ALdrin shows he did not forget what he learned when he was on the Boxing team at West Point.
Indeed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buzz Aldrin's Conspiracy Smackdown.jpg (126.4 KB, 63 views)
Major Major is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:01 AM   #26
sts60
Illuminator

Lots and lots of video/images proving their contentions that they were all fake.
Plus lots and lots of breathless narration and irritating music, no doubt.

Last edited by sts60; 22nd September 2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 22nd September 2018, 11:58 AM   #27
bknight
Muse

Plus lots and lots of breathless narration and irritating music, no doubt.
But of course!
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:38 PM   #28
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Moon Hoax is so last decade!

it's the Flat Earth now.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2018, 08:10 AM   #29
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

it's the Flat Earth now.
Ah Mr. Dumb meet Mr. Dumber!
Old 23rd September 2018, 02:26 PM   #30
AnonyMoose
Critical Thinker

it's the Flat Earth now.

That depends on which mandela effect universe you're currently presiding in.
Old 25th September 2018, 02:04 AM   #31
MetalPig
Illuminator

the up coming biopic on <Neil> Armstrong "First Man"
Will they use the same sound stage that Kubrick used to film the moon landing?

Old 25th September 2018, 04:08 AM   #32
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by MetalPig View Post
Will they use the same sound stage that Kubrick used to film the moon landing?

Firstly Kubrick did not film the Moon landings a he wasn't on the Moon to do so. Secondly there was no sound stage.

Before stepping into the fracas, please provide EVIDENCE of that which you post. Literally a mountain of data exists from the Apollo missions.
Old 25th September 2018, 04:19 AM   #33
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Firstly Kubrick did not film the Moon landings a he wasn't on the Moon to do so. Secondly there was no sound stage.
Because, of course, in space, no-one can hear you shout "Action!"

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2018, 04:33 AM   #34
Dr.Sid
Graduate Poster

it's the Flat Earth now.
They could be kinda collaborating, right ?
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2018, 04:34 AM   #35
Dr.Sid
Graduate Poster

Before stepping into the fracas, please provide EVIDENCE of that which you post. Literally a mountain of data exists from the Apollo missions.
It's all explained in great detail here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2018, 04:46 AM   #36
bknight
Muse

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
It's all explained in great detail here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

I see nothing funny concerning the hoax that was implied in the post.
Old 25th September 2018, 06:56 AM   #37
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

By now, everyone not totally unaware knows that we never landed on the Moon - it would violate the treaty we have with the Moon People.
That is why we had to land on Mercury for the photo/video shooting.
Old 25th September 2018, 08:08 AM   #38
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
By now, everyone not totally unaware knows that we never landed on the Moon - it would violate the treaty we have with the Moon People.
Moon people? They explode in puffs of smoke when we hit them with umbrellas. Who cares about that treaty? Get those canons ready and let's get up there!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:47 AM   #39
Major Major
Critical Thinker

Not surprisingly, in his descent into the depths (he is a 9/11 troofer, a Kennedy assassination conspiracy theorist, and now a Holocaust denier) Ron Unz has tackled the Moon Landing "Hoax".

One of the commentators cited a work by one Dave McGowan called "Wagging the Moondoggie", which seems to combine all the errors of everyone else.

Others claimed that Stanley Kubrick had confessed he had done it, before he died, and that Aldrin had also said we hadn't been to the Moon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg xkcd_conspiracy_theories.jpg (66.9 KB, 53 views)
Major Major is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:02 PM   #40
bknight
Muse

No facts just inability to understand sciences, especially physics. These are associated with inability to perform correct image analysis. Stir in hard headed stupidity and you have a Hoax Belief.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories