IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags iPhone 5

Old 20th September 2012, 08:58 AM   #241
kajata
Illuminator

Originally Posted by richardm View Post
Google have been unable to formulate an official response because they've been too busy laughing.

Some examples courtesy of the BBC
On the bright side, the satellite image that's completely concealed by cloud cover loaded very quickly.
kajata is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 11:10 AM   #242
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
A search for Manchester United Football Club directs users to Sale United Football Club, a community team for ages five and above.

Bwahahahaha. Don't worry, it's not like Manchester United fans can be rabid or violent in any way...
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 11:39 AM   #243
GraculusTheGreenBird
Muse

Well, that's an enormous foot-shooting incident, and no mistake. Good Lord.

My personal favourite headline:

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/09/2...ios_6_map_app/
Fans rap Apple's '****' Map app

But this again is unfortunately a problem of Apple's own making, or rather of their success.

They project the image of perfection, everything is supposed to "just work", and when it doesn't as in Antenna-gate or now this, they look like idiots.

I was no fan of Steve Jobs, but he understood the importance of getting it right first time and the importance to their image of not releasing something until it was ready.

Siri was the start of something new for Apple, the first time they released Beta features in their production line, and this new development is more like an Alpha feature.

But what is perhaps more telling, is that this is plastered all over the front page of the BBC. This isn't a storm in a teacup, a few geeks arguing in a chat room, this is a big and obvious screw up. Terrible publicity.

Assuming that iOS 6 comes with the iPhone 5, who is going to want something with a rubbish map app? They had better do something about that right sharpish.
GraculusTheGreenBird is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 11:44 AM   #244
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GraculusTheGreenBird View Post
Well, that's an enormous foot-shooting incident, and no mistake. Good Lord.

My personal favourite headline:

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/09/2...ios_6_map_app/
Fans rap Apple's '****' Map app

But this again is unfortunately a problem of Apple's own making, or rather of their success.

They project the image of perfection, everything is supposed to "just work", and when it doesn't as in Antenna-gate or now this, they look like idiots.

I was no fan of Steve Jobs, but he understood the importance of getting it right first time and the importance to their image of not releasing something until it was ready.

Siri was the start of something new for Apple, the first time they released Beta features in their production line, and this new development is more like an Alpha feature.

But what is perhaps more telling, is that this is plastered all over the front page of the BBC. This isn't a storm in a teacup, a few geeks arguing in a chat room, this is a big and obvious screw up. Terrible publicity.

Assuming that iOS 6 comes with the iPhone 5, who is going to want something with a rubbish map app? They had better do something about that right sharpish.
Agree completely. I wonder what went on behind the scenes that made someone look at the maps and say "yeah, we can ditch google now..."

I hope we get some insight into why the switch was made now.

OTOH, google may be ready release a maps app on iOS, so that at least fixes part of the problem if they do.
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 12:05 PM   #245
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by kajata View Post
On the bright side, the satellite image that's completely concealed by cloud cover loaded very quickly.
To be fair that was of Scotland so it is accurate!
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 12:50 PM   #246
chulbert
Muse

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Agree completely. I wonder what went on behind the scenes that made someone look at the maps and say "yeah, we can ditch google now..."
I think it's the same as Siri: there are certain kinds of systems where the only way to get better data is to get more data. Siri had reached a point where the only way she could improve was by real-world usage and I bet the same holds true for Maps. You will see a rapid improvement in quality as people continue to use it.

However, the concern is wither it's "good enough" to prevent people from walking away and looking back. Time will tell.
chulbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 12:53 PM   #247
chulbert
Muse

I don't want to derail the thread again with Antennagate but come on. That issue was at least half media blustering; real customers were resoundingly happy with the device and generally unaffected.

This is the same media that reports 2 million preorders of a "boring" iPhone 5.
chulbert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 02:07 PM   #248
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

The maps on iOS 6 are getting hammered on Apple forums and tech blogs.
Moving some towns and disappearing others, that's called "innovation" buddy. And nobody does it like Apple!
WildCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 02:29 PM   #249
joobie
i don't care

wild guess: a licensing agreement may have been about to expire - same as with the youtube app.

as it is there is nothing stopping you from pointing a web browser at google maps.
Old 20th September 2012, 02:54 PM   #250
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Moving some towns and disappearing others, that's called "innovation" buddy. And nobody does it like Apple!

Don't be so silly. I've looked on the iPhone and it's patently obvious the towns are in the wrong place, they need to be moved to where they should be pretty pronto.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 04:31 PM   #251
kajata
Illuminator

Zing! WildCat strikes again!!!! Nominated!
kajata is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 06:10 PM   #252
This is The End

Originally Posted by richardm View Post
The maps on iOS 6 are getting hammered on Apple forums and tech blogs.
Google have been unable to formulate an official response because they've been too busy laughing.
I was already laughing when I read richardm's response. Then I read this and about choked:

I thought Google maps was just removed from the iPhone 5, it didn't occur to me that it would be the same on everyone who updates to iOS 6, be it 3GS, 4, or 4S as well.

OTOH, google may be ready release a maps app on iOS, so that at least fixes part of the problem if they do.
That would be a horrible business move. Come to the rescue of their main competitor? Sure it gets their name out there on iPhones, but they should at least wait a bit and let Apple stew! They even have an excuse, Apple slapped them in the face.
Old 20th September 2012, 06:10 PM   #253
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Maybe they do ...

http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/20/google...le-to-approve/

If you are missing Google Maps after updating to iOS 6 over the past 24 hours, good news may be just around the corner. As previously rumored, The Guardian suggested this afternoon that the folks at Google built a separate Maps app for iOS 6. The report further added that it will “appear in time,” to which well-known developer Steve Stroughton-Smith seemingly confirmed with a “Yep.”
TheL8Elvis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 06:11 PM   #254
This is The End

They are going to let Apple stew.
Old 20th September 2012, 06:17 PM   #255
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chulbert View Post
I think it's the same as Siri: there are certain kinds of systems where the only way to get better data is to get more data. Siri had reached a point where the only way she could improve was by real-world usage and I bet the same holds true for Maps. You will see a rapid improvement in quality as people continue to use it.

However, the concern is wither it's "good enough" to prevent people from walking away and looking back. Time will tell.
Originally Posted by joobie View Post
wild guess: a licensing agreement may have been about to expire - same as with the youtube app.

as it is there is nothing stopping you from pointing a web browser at google maps.
Originally Posted by OnlyTellsTruths View Post
They are going to let Apple stew.
*shrugs*

I think chulbert and joobie hit on the two main causes. And since google will release an app, I'll simply use whichever one suits my purpose better.

Seems like a win all around.
Old 20th September 2012, 06:20 PM   #256
This is The End

They need to put Samsung ads on the map app.
Old 20th September 2012, 06:29 PM   #257
merentha
Critical Thinker

*shrugs*

I think chulbert and joobie hit on the two main causes. And since google will release an app, I'll simply use whichever one suits my purpose better.

Seems like a win all around.
But will Siri be allowed to launch the google app by default when users ask for directions? Or will it be like the browser where Safari is always defaulted even though users prefer Chrome?
merentha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 06:45 PM   #258
This is The End

Originally Posted by merentha View Post
But will Siri be allowed to launch the google app by default when users ask for directions? Or will it be like the browser where Safari is always defaulted even though users prefer Chrome?
User: "Open Chrome"

Siri: But, but, but.... *starts crying*.
Old 20th September 2012, 06:46 PM   #259
This is The End

I happened to be in an AT&T store 2 days ago and people were bombarding the employees with questions about camping out to get an iPhone just in hopes than someone else cancels their pre-order!!
I suppose the great campouts of 2012 have begun:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/story/2...les/57815108/1

Quote:
That odd cultural phenomenon of geeks shamelessly engulfed in a retail love fest and sweaty urban camping experiment -- the line in front of Apple Stores for its latest gizmo -- is back again for the iPhone 5.

The ritual gathering in front of stores worldwide is once again swelling in numbers as fans queue up at stores in the U.S., U.K., Canada, France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore for the Friday sale.

Fans are waiting -- some in tents -- to be first on the block with the latest from Apple.
Old 20th September 2012, 06:50 PM   #260
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

I suppose the great campouts of 2012 have begun:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/story/2...les/57815108/1
I heard one here in Chicago on the radio this morning. He was going on and on about how wonderful the new iPhone was, rattling off features Galaxy S3 users have enjoyed for months.

eta: “I’m so obsessed with it, so I’m showing my loyalty by camping out,” said Darien Hutchinson, 19, one of the people who were camped out outside the Apple Store, 679 N. Michigan Ave. He got there on Wednesday, and the line has been forming ever since Tuesday afternoon.

...Sasha Markgraf, 18, bundled up in a sleeping bag Wednesday night and tried to stay warm. He said he just has to have the iPhone 5, and before most other people get one.

“I just like the new look of it. I mean, I’ve had iPhones since I can remember – since they came out – and now, I’m just moving up to the iPhone 5 because I like the upgrades,” he said.

The iPhone 5 has a larger screen and faster data speeds with 4G LTE, among other features.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...-for-iphone-5/

Last edited by WildCat; 20th September 2012 at 06:56 PM.
WildCat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 07:36 PM   #261
This is The End

More camping news:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8KK68G20120921

plus:

Quote:
* Record sales pace expected as Apple pre-orders top 2 mln

* Sales start in Australia with 600 at flagship Sydney store

* High-margin iPhone sales expected to fuel strong quarter

* Apple mapping app, lack of payments chip criticized
Old 20th September 2012, 08:13 PM   #262
joobie
i don't care

i don't think a google maps app will be approved. apple will reject it for duplicating functionality.

i think the web browsers are a special case.
Old 20th September 2012, 08:19 PM   #263
GraculusTheGreenBird
Muse

Originally Posted by chulbert View Post
I don't want to derail the thread again with Antennagate but come on. That issue was at least half media blustering; real customers were resoundingly happy with the device and generally unaffected.

This is the same media that reports 2 million preorders of a "boring" iPhone 5.
I will have to check that, I recall that after it all blew over Anandtech still claimed it was an issue. But it definitely highlighted another completely valid issue, that iOS had been 'misreporting' the signal strength for years. Anyway, sorry for the derail.

But you are right, I think the media just loves to report on Apple, its just now that we are seeing much more negative publicity than we have previously. Either because Apple is screwing up more, or because their halo has slipped, and perhaps they seem more vulnerable. Or perhaps because they can no longer be considered the plucky underdog fighting against corporate big brother?

But is it still "only" 2 million for the 5? Not even matched the 4s 4 million levels? I mean, obviously 2 million is still loads, it just again shows how they have lost their crown in more than one area. Samsung S3, 9 million preorders. Fasting selling phone in history, and it isnt a cheapo phone...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...one-4s-4m.html

Last edited by GraculusTheGreenBird; 20th September 2012 at 08:20 PM.
GraculusTheGreenBird is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 09:02 PM   #264
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

We didn't use all our pre-orders so we'll have extra. Well, not for AT&T because they're being delayed. If anyone wants one the first day, I can let you know where to get one...if you can get to Jamestown NY in the morning.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2012, 09:03 PM   #265
The Dark Lord

LOL at Apple's apparently horrible map program. Trying to **** over Google but really they just **** over their own customers. LOL.
The Dark Lord is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2012, 12:27 AM   #266
megaresp
Muse

https://twitter.com/binny_uk/status/.../photo/1/large

At least somebody is looking out for Apple's customers.
Old 21st September 2012, 12:37 AM   #267
This is The End

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8KKIGV20120921

Quote:
An entire city is in the ocean, a farm has been labeled as an airport, highways end in the middle of nowhere and a hospital now covers the center of British city Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace.

<snip>

But the app is already facing criticism from users globally for a number of geographical errors, missing information and because it lacks features that made Google Maps so popular, including public transit directions, comprehensive traffic data or street view pictures.
Quote:
Welcome to the new world of Apple Maps that greeted iPhone and iPad users when they downloaded the highly anticipated update to the consumer giant's mobile software platform, iOS 6.
Quote:
Irish Minister for Justice Alan Shatter said he was surprised to discover that Airfield - a 35-acre estate with working farm and café in center of his constituency in Dundrum, on the outskirts of Dublin - has been labeled with the image of an aircraft.

He said this could be dangerous for pilots and suggested in a statement that Apple use the image of "a cow, a goat, a sheep, a flower" instead, and that an "aircraft is an entirely inappropriate flight of imagination".
And heaven forbid you get New Yorkers mad:

Quote:
New York city residents were unhappy that Apple maps doesn't offer public transit directions, one of the most-used features on Google Maps in cities.

"My phone should be able to tell me which bus and train to take," said Kenan Ali, a Brooklyn, New York, resident who exclusively uses public transport in the city and has been an iPhone user since 2008. "I am hoping in the next update they will somehow add transit directions."
TomTom, who provided Apple with the maps, blames Apple for messing it up on their end:

Quote:
Apple licenses mapping data from vehicle navigation systems maker TomTom. TomTom said it stands behind the quality of its maps but didn't develop the app.

"During the process of turning mapping data into an app, every manufacturer does it their own way," said TomTom spokesperson Cem Cohen. "We are not part of that process. Apple uses exactly the same maps as our other customers."
And finally, about a possible fix:

Quote:
While in theory it will be possible for Apple to update Maps with a software fix, the problems appear to be "pretty profound and pretty fundamental,"

<snip>

"The question is really how much expertise do they have in-house and what they sourced from third parties," Thielking said, adding that Apple needed people with very specific skills to fix it. "It's not their core competence," he added.
Old 21st September 2012, 12:48 AM   #268
This is The End

I think a_unique_person was just pointing out how an average person would read "Apple A6 Processor is a Custom Apple Design."
Apparently someone in Aus has pried one open already.

Quote:
iFixit co-founder Luke Soules spent the night lined up at a local store to buy one of the first iPhone 5s.

Fueled by Red Bull energy drinks to keep himself going, Soules rushed the phone to a nearby Mac repair store fitted out with tools, lights and a camera to begin dissecting the iPhone, a process that can take hours.

To see iFixit's teardown, click
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8KL0OD20120921

It talks about various chips and some other specs:

Quote:
Apple's iPhone 5 uses chips from Qualcomm Inc, Avago Technologies Ltd and Skyworks Solutions Inc, according to repair firm iFixit, which pried one open.

* Chip suppliers also include SK Hynix, Triquint - iFixit

* Cirrus audio chip inside iPhone 5 -iFixit

* STMicroelectronics provided gyroscope -iFixit

* Controller chips from PMC-Sierra, Broadcom -iFixit

* Latest iPhone went on sale Friday morning
Old 21st September 2012, 01:09 AM   #269
Aidoneus
Thinker

I will have to check that, I recall that after it all blew over Anandtech still claimed it was an issue. But it definitely highlighted another completely valid issue, that iOS had been 'misreporting' the signal strength for years. Anyway, sorry for the derail.

But you are right, I think the media just loves to report on Apple, its just now that we are seeing much more negative publicity than we have previously. Either because Apple is screwing up more, or because their halo has slipped, and perhaps they seem more vulnerable. Or perhaps because they can no longer be considered the plucky underdog fighting against corporate big brother?

But is it still "only" 2 million for the 5? Not even matched the 4s 4 million levels? I mean, obviously 2 million is still loads, it just again shows how they have lost their crown in more than one area. Samsung S3, 9 million preorders. Fasting selling phone in history, and it isnt a cheapo phone...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...one-4s-4m.html
2 million is only iPhone 5 preorders, compared to 1 million for the 4S. I assume 4 million was opening weekend sales numbers for the 4S.
Aidoneus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2012, 02:11 AM   #270
GraculusTheGreenBird
Muse

Originally Posted by Aidoneus View Post
2 million is only iPhone 5 preorders, compared to 1 million for the 4S. I assume 4 million was opening weekend sales numbers for the 4S.
Looks like you are right, so at 2 million the iPhone 5 has definite improvement in preorders for over the 4s.

But that is still 4 times less than the number of S3 preorders, which actually astounds me.
Old 21st September 2012, 02:53 AM   #271
This is The End

Looks like you are right, so at 2 million the iPhone 5 has definite improvement in preorders for over the 4s.

But that is still 4 times less than the number of S3 preorders, which actually astounds me.
If that is true that means that just 1 of the top Samsung smart phones, the S3, had more pre-orders than all iPhone versions ever, combined.
Old 21st September 2012, 02:58 AM   #272
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

The difference could be consumer pre-orders versus retail channel pre-orders. I would be very surprised if the S3 had more consumer pre-orders.
Old 21st September 2012, 03:00 AM   #273
nvidiot
Botanical Jedi

Got mine this morning, and after the customary upgrade from my previous iPhone, discovered that a functionality that I depend upon, one that has been on my phone simce the 3gs days, namely public transport times and directions, is gone.

Very sour taste in my mouth.

The earpods are terrible at fitting in my ears too, constantly falling out.
Old 21st September 2012, 03:02 AM   #274
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by nvidiot View Post
Got mine this morning, and after the customary upgrade from my previous iPhone, discovered that a functionality that I depend upon, one that has been on my phone simce the 3gs days, namely public transport times and directions, is gone.

Very sour taste in my mouth.

The earpods are terrible at fitting in my ears too, constantly falling out.
Curious if you depend on it why didn't you check on that before buying?
Old 21st September 2012, 03:38 AM   #275
richardm
Philosopher

How common is it for functionality like that to vanish from a phone?

On the plus side, not having directions offered by the iPhone 5 sounds like a positive benefit right now, unless you really like exploring.

Edit: you might also consider that it hasn't actually gone, but you need to scroll your apps list fifteen miles to the left until you locate it in the middle of an icon that looks like a lake.
Rimmer: Look at her! Magnificent woman! Very prim, very proper, almost austere. Some people took her for cold, thought she was aloof. Not a bit of it. She just despised fools. Quite tragic, really, because otherwise I think we'd have got on famously.

Last edited by richardm; 21st September 2012 at 03:41 AM.
richardm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2012, 03:39 AM   #276
This is The End

public transport times and directions, is gone.
You should always read the JREF before doing anything.
Old 21st September 2012, 03:41 AM   #277
This is The End

More grumblings about the maps and the lack of a mobile payment chip.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...edName=topNews

Apple promises to get to work on fixing the maps:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19672981
Old 21st September 2012, 03:44 AM   #278
richardm
Philosopher

Apple promises to get to work on fixing the maps:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19672981
Originally Posted by Apple
"We are continuously improving it, and as Maps is a cloud-based solution, the more people use it, the better it will get,"
Translation: It's your fault the maps are no good because you're NOT BUYING IT FAST ENOUGH

Frankly I think it's just a matter of time before there is a horrendous dispute between Apple and Tom Tom. It's not doing either of their reputations much good; Tom Tom because Apple are making their data look bad, and Apple won't like the imputation that their use of the data is incompetent.
Rimmer: Look at her! Magnificent woman! Very prim, very proper, almost austere. Some people took her for cold, thought she was aloof. Not a bit of it. She just despised fools. Quite tragic, really, because otherwise I think we'd have got on famously.

Last edited by richardm; 21st September 2012 at 03:46 AM.
richardm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2012, 03:53 AM   #279
nvidiot
Botanical Jedi

I was unaware, like a great deal of iPhone buyers (and upgraders to iOS 6, this is OS based not hardware) that the apple maps would be a downgrade in functionality compared to the google app that has been running on ios for years. I find it curious that apple couldn't do what google had been doing on their devices for such a long period of time and has become a standard feature for map functions. It seems that apple maps is a fail for multiple reasons, this particular fail just annoys me and means I have to poke around a webpage to get the information I require on a daily basis to get to work and wherever else I need to go.

You can't downgrade to iOS 5 either, so essentially those of us who either bought an iPhone 5 or upgraded iOS on an older phone or tablet are left to use the web browser version of google maps to get access to public transport directions.

Whatever possessed them to make such a move without asking themselves "Can we do everything the google app does and then more?"
Old 21st September 2012, 03:59 AM   #280
This is The End

You can't downgrade to iOS 5 either
It probably is a nightmare, but surely there is a way.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet