ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #1321
Bubba
Suspended

a.)
More proof of the fact that not one of the political/entertainment elite never did, and never ever would touch a child inappropriately.

b.)
This also proves that their friends, spouses and relatives in MSM would instantly expose the crime, should it ever happen, which it of course will not...(see 'a' above)

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Savile did threaten a few lawsuits; he also threatened some individuals with violence or other consequences, which, given his background as a wrestler and running night clubs on the fringes of the Leeds underworld, was taken seriously.

The various rumours were not just confined to the Beeb, but no-one had enough evidence of anything to pursue it. And, anyway, much of the "rumour" was more along the "He's creepy and handsy" line than anything else, which he was.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #1322
Axxman300
Illuminator

This is a good piece on Qanus types by Rolling Stone (who are obviously in on all of this):

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...nGMAVHa9SPzPm4

Quote:
“They desperately need a place to put their anger and a way to make sense of the world. Us versus them, the horrible bad guys, is something they all seem to cling to,” says cult expert Diane Benscoter, who has spoken to numerous people whose loved ones are involved in QAnon. “The doctrine makes it easy to say, ‘Clearly we have to make a stand against this,’ and it feels really good to believe you’re on the side of righteousness and saving children.”
...Which as at the root of every CTist's motivation.

Quote:
Like Jadeja, Lem did not identify as conservative, and supported Sanders during the 2016 primary; his disgust with the liberal establishment after having seen Sanders passed over for Hillary Clinton at the 2016 Democratic National Convention is what led him to become obsessed with Pizzagate, the antecedent to QAnon, a conspiracy theory suggesting that Clinton and other Democratic operatives were running a child trafficking ring out of the basement of Comet Ping-Pong Pizza in Washington, D.C.
Yes, the DNC made everything worse in 2016 with their crummy Presidential campaign and candidate. That is a fact.

Quote:
Another common thread among the stories of former believers on Reddit is a history of mental illness. Jadeja had recently disconnected himself from many of his friends; he was isolated and intensely struggling with depression and undiagnosed bipolar II disorder. Because he was in graduate school, he also had a lot of time on his hands. “I was, I guess you could say, a prime candidate for Q to take a hold of me,” he says.
Anyway, it nails the appeal and the problem well.
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #1323
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

The only things Q ever get right are when they make drops about things already made the "mockingbird news." Q and QAnon crow when people like Epstein are prosecuted as if they're responsible whenever any pedophile is revealed or put in jail.

Yet, somehow, Bill and Hillary, Barack and Michelle, Tom and Rita, etc. are still walking around free, with "sealed indictments" hanging over their heads, of course.

Q is not a credible source. Neither are the tweets/blog posts/videos of Q followers. Yet, somehow, whenever they're trying to prove something, those are the sources to which we get pointed.

Pouring semi-encoded nonsense all over the members of a circle jerk does not result in evidence of anything but how much the jerkers want to believe Q.
Babbylonian is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #1324
StillSleepy
Muse

I'm just waiting for all the back-patting and credit-taking when Q finally and probably inevitably gets a stopped clock moment. A marksman as fine as any in Texas, that Q.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #1325
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

New Q drop. Trump lusts after daughter. Pics available.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #1326
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

New Q drop. Trump in league with the martian overlords, signs treaty.

abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #1327
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

New Q drop. Trump cannot find own posterior. Cover up ensues due to unexpected skid marks.

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #1328
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
I'm just waiting for all the back-patting and credit-taking when Q finally and probably inevitably gets a stopped clock moment. A marksman as fine as any in Texas, that Q.
It would be hard to notice, given that Q hasn't even been waiting. They already insinuate credit for Weinstein and Epstein even though both were brought down almost entirely due to pressure from feminist liberals.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #1329
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
It would be hard to notice, given that Q hasn't even been waiting. They already insinuate credit for Weinstein and Epstein even though both were brought down almost entirely due to pressure from feminist liberals.
As with those pretending to be psychics, the troll(s) pretending to be Q are quite adept at postdiction and retrofitting.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #1330
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
[...] pseudo-skeptics [...]
That term alone screams that you're fully aware that skeptics only want evidence and that you don't have any.

The rest of your opinions on QAnon are just weird.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #1331
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Q is increasingly raising public awareness about some things the Swampy Deep State Club trusted would be forever hidden
Hilarious!

Quote, with the date, any "Q" post, with information that predates a normal investigation. You can't.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #1332
StillSleepy
Muse

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Hilarious!

Quote, with the date, any "Q" post, with information that predates a normal investigation. You can't.
Looks like you'll have to wait another fortnight for a response.

True, and from the Rolling Stone link earlier it seems that a number of low-hanging fruit predictions have already been made to assuage the herd.

On another note, I've been musing on methods to interrupt the recruiting cycle for Q, since it seems being exposed to 8kun too early in the process is an effective deterrent. (My thanks to whoever posted the tweet of someone being annoyed by being goatse'd after the Qmap takedown, it gave me a much-needed laugh.) I sincerely doubt you could get very many of the Qanons to believe secondhand accounts or screenshots of the site, which leaves somehow convincing them to visit it themselves rather than relying on aggregators.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #1333
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Fortnights are a pedophile conspiracy! Did you know you can cut a pizza into 14 slices?
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #1334
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Hey Guys,

Q asked me to pass this on to y'all...

The Attorney General for the U.S. Virgin Islands has filed a lawsuit demanding more than two decades of flight logs for sex offender Jeffrey Epstein's ... logs of one of his planes, the "Lolita Express," were subpoenaed in 2009.

Do any of you...............Skeptics..............happen to know if the "CJ Roberts" on Epstein's flight logs is Chief Justice Roberts.?

Nick Sandman's lawyer Lin Woods is asking. You remember Nick.

Some of the comments below the tweet item include:

You guys think Roberts was blackmailed ?
I bet that sub human pig that is the current president is on those logs. We all know about his sexual attraction to his children. It's not a stretch to think he was sexually attracted to other children.
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #1335
Tippit
Master Poster

Uh oh, now we have a Qbot who actually believes the stuff about eating children that Bubba says was just a strawman invented by fake skeptics. This could get awkward.

The pedovores are real. The idea that Trump is doing something about it, is not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing awkward about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM   #1336
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

IT is truly disgusting how much child abuse Q is covering for by blaming a global conspiracy instead of what we know is really going on: child abuse/molestation is done overwhelmingly by family members and close acquaintances.

The fact that Q wants to hide this, because it makes people uncomfortable, should tell you all.
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #1337
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
The evidence shows that the BBC covered up Jimmy Saville for decades from the top. There were no arrests made, hence, the burden is on you to prove that anything has changed. Good luck with that. Now you're the conspiracy theorist.
No arrests made? False.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/...fourth-suspect

Prove things have changed at the BBC? Easy, and I'm surprised you missed the fallout from that scandal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35657868

Now, as for my proving that the BBC is not covering up another paedophile scandal, well, true justice works on the presumption of innocence until guilt is proven. There are, as far as I'm aware, no victims coming forward, no allegations coming from BBC insiders, and the changes they have made to their culture and their procedures should ensure transparency and protection of the vulnerable. There is, therefore, no evidence of a cover-up, nor of any reason why the BBC staff would do that.
You are trying to shift the burden of proof, and I'm not having that. If you have evidence for your claim, please present it. Otherwise, sans evidence, your claim is not worth consideration.
As a final point, you are tarring the staff at the BBC with a very unpleasant brush. How would you like it if someone made those accusations about you?
In fact. now I come to think of it:
Can you prove you are not covering up paedophilia?

The creepiness of Dearman aside, what is even creepier to me is that the BBC and a whole host of news agencies, and then weirdos like you are extremely keen to always refer to him as the "falsely-accused". The evidence concerning the Hampstead coverup is damning, and from that one video alone any discerning person can recognize the crocodile tears. If you're interested, do some research. I'm not doing any lifting for you, clearly you are not objective.
The evidence is damning?

"Britain's worst troll" is your damning evidence?
Good lord.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rents-13848309

If you have anything else, like actual evidence, then, once again, I invite you to share it. Otherwise, claim dismissed again. (Hitchens Razor).
It's not "rubbish", it's a limited hangout, propagated by cooperation among compartments inside national intelligence agencies - a psyop. I agree in part with you, it hasn't named anyone or done anything meaningful except spread disinformation. It offers false hope for a segment of conspiracy theorists.
Citation needed. Yet another unsupported claim.

My nickname isn't Bubba, and if you read my first post in this thread, you would have seen what I think about Trump.
Good lord.
No, I know your nickname isn't Bubba. My question wasn't directed to you. It was directed to the forum member who goes by the name 'Bubba'. That's why I said 'Bubba', because I was talking to Bubba. Glad I could clear that up for you.

Prove that you're worthy of evidence. Why should I attempt to convince you of anything? I post what I want to post.
"Prove that I'm worthy"???
Get over yourself.
You can't complain that no-one will believe you when you refuse to support your claims. You are, as you say, free to post what you want to post, but I am free to reject everything you say if you can't or won't provide evidence for it.
That, old chap, is how scepticism works.
Old Today, 02:06 AM   #1338
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Mod WarningPlease keep to the topic of the thread, and refrain from insulting other members.

If you see a breach of the MA, please use the report button to notify the mod team. Do not comment on the breach here since that will be off topic, as will any attempts to moderate the thread yourself.
Posted By:zooterkin
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:16 AM   #1339
Disbelief
Master Poster

Q is increasingly raising public awareness about some things the Swampy Deep State Club trusted would be forever hidden when their monster girl Hillary won that 2016 election. (she wasn't supposed to lose. The Deep States Swamp media worked SO hard for her).

Each attack on Q made by your beloved corrupt swamp media clowns increases public awakening to forbidden knowledge and hidden truths, worldwide.
So the Deep State is so powerful to stay hidden for so long and have such control, but unable to lie about election results and just make Hillary the winner? Seems like such a simple thing for this powerful cabal to do.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:38 AM   #1340
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
So the Deep State is so powerful to stay hidden for so long and have such control, but unable to lie about election results and just make Hillary the winner? Seems like such a simple thing for this powerful cabal to do.
One of the odd aspects of vastly powerful hidden conspiracy groups is that they are held to have immense power but cannot do the simplest things like silence someone who is 'spilling the beans' about them on line or simple take over. They are always 'about to seize control' but never do. How many generations of Illuminati have come and gone?

Real bad guys like the Fascists, Nazis, Falange, Communists can quickly take over a country but the imaginary guys seem grossly incompetent.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:39 AM   #1341
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
It amazes me how many folks hold the opinion that gov.org bad guys are so professional that they get away clean on any type of horrific crime while gov.org itself barely limps along - try dealing with the Social Security administration or Medicare (feds) or the Department of Motor vehicles (state) and find those super competent individuals.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #1342
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

The pedovores are real. The idea that Trump is doing something about it, is not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Nothing awkward about that.
Now that is very interesting; an arbitrary salad-bar approach to QAnon. They're right about this, but wrong about that.

There is literally no more evidence for "pedovores" than there is that Trump is working to save us all from them.

You have yourself chosen to invoke Saville. Post-mortem, several of his abuse victims have come forward and described what he did to them. Not a single one of them said anything about occult rituals or cannibalism.

And the same is true across the gamut of high-positioned media personalities. Rolf Harris was accused of molesting young children and assaulting underage women. Jonathan King assaulted numerous boys in the 70's and 80's; Gary Glitter had this whole period where he kept getting deported from various Southeast Asian countries for molesting children.

Jeffrey Epstein, as I've already mentioned, is not really even in QAnon's wheelhouse because although many of his prostitutes were underage, they weren't actual young children of the kind that QAnon has concerned itself with; but that's fine: even of all Epstein's victims, not a single one has ever mentioned occult rituals or cannibalism.

Jerry Sandusky, Dennis Hastert, Mark Foley. These are all again highly-positioned or extremely powerful people. These are all people whose sexual offenses are established as a matter of historical fact, and whose victims' accounts are on record in some way or another. Number of allegations of occult rituals: zero. Number of allegations of bloodletting or cannibalism: zero.

Politicians can be pretty damn unlikeable, granted; but there's absolutely no reason to believe they're literally eating babies while saying prayers to Satan. It's completely ridiculous.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #1343
Arcade22
Philosopher

Qanon is just Trump disinfo trying to paint him as a valiant knight fighting evil when he's really just another satanic child rapist and killer whose upset that he got into the whole child rape and murder racket long after others had done so.

George Soros, Bill Gates, the Clinton's and all other Democrats have been feasting on the best kids for so long that Trump is left scraping the bottom of the barrel. They have regained their youthful appearance and energy while Trump's mind continues to rot away.

And no, Cuba is not a brutal and corrupt dictatorship, and it's definitely less so than Sweden. - dann
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #1344
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

DER SPIEGEL, in English, today (German "paper of record", comparable to TheGuardian in its pseudo-leftist, elitist-serving stance, known to sane people as "the former news magazine"):

THE MOST DANGEROUS CULT OF OUR TIMES MADE IT TO GERMANY!!!!1

Last edited by Childlike Empress; Today at 12:23 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:01 PM   #1345
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

QAnon is hugely dangerous. Not only do its adherents regularly express a desire to kill their opponents for imaginary offenses but they've already endangered people and, in fact, been inspired by their nutty beliefs to kill.

I'm truly concerned about what QAnon true believers might do if their GEOTUS is voted out of office before fulfilling his great purpose of unsealing the indictments and putting the evil cabal behind bars at Guantanamo Bay in preparation for military tribunals and executions.
Babbylonian is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #1346
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
I'm truly concerned about what QAnon true believers might do if their GEOTUS is voted out of office before fulfilling his great purpose of unsealing the indictments and putting the evil cabal behind bars at Guantanamo Bay in preparation for military tribunals and executions.
I think QAnons have a well-thumbed playbook for dealing with failure, since that's all they've ever done. They'll just lie, deny, and blame others -- just like their hero.
Old Today, 01:50 PM   #1347
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I think QAnons have a well-thumbed playbook for dealing with failure, since that's all they've ever done. They'll just lie, deny, and blame others -- just like their hero.
Maybe, but the true believers will have a hard time trusting the plan when Trump is out of office and the supposed pedovores are still not only free but thriving. I can't help thinking that there will be stupid people doing stupid things and innocent people getting hurt in the process.
Old Today, 02:09 PM   #1348
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Maybe, but the true believers will have a hard time trusting the plan when Trump is out of office and the supposed pedovores are still not only free but thriving. I can't help thinking that there will be stupid people doing stupid things and innocent people getting hurt in the process.
That's law of unintended consequences territory.

I don't think the trolls who started the whole Q fiasco had malice aforethought. They were merely trolling.

The problem is that some who fell for the schtick already have and it is likely to get worse.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories