ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brexit

Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM   #601
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by Aber View Post
I don't think that UKIP or the Daily Mail would complain about Sweden leaving the EU without paying an exit charge (that was the question you asked). To them it is always the EU that is in the wrong.
Really? They'd be happy for the UK to pick up their share of the financial shortfall?

We are lions, not tigers.
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:01 AM   #602
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ceptimus View Post

Even those people working in the affected areas (in this case the wholesale banana trade) don't usually know about or implement the directions... The regulations cause honest traders waste time and money fretting over whether or not they are compliant - or just decide not to trade bananas at all because it's too much hassle.
This is what you said and what I am asking for an example of. Or just admit you made it up.
Old Yesterday, 04:02 AM   #603
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

I'm not sure that your analogy works this way round, as surely it would be Romania leaving and getting all the money they'd been promised in future but not yet received?
No I said keeping all the money they had just been given.
Old Yesterday, 04:19 AM   #604
Archie Gemmill Goal
Illuminator

I don't think that UKIP or the Daily Mail would complain about Sweden leaving the EU without paying an exit charge (that was the question you asked). To them it is always the EU that is in the wrong.
It's always foreigners that are wrong more accurately
Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM   #605
Aber
Muse

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Really? They'd be happy for the UK to pick up their share of the financial shortfall?
Which financial shortfall?

The EU seems to run a strange system, where there is an ongoing gap between EU commitments under spending programmes, and the agreed budget for payments in each year. This fudge has never been resolved but will be a core part of the negotiations with the UK.
Aber is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:22 AM   #606
McHrozni
Philosopher

I do wonder what Brexiteers make of this:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-eu-luxembourg

“I don’t know of a licensed fintech company in the UK that isn’t looking at options,” he said. “Everyone is thinking about it and anyone that is any size, that is employing more than 10 people, is active. The exodus is beginning. It will be more visible in 2018.”

(...)

“Ministers are in complete denial about the scale of the exodus. Independent estimates say a hard Brexit will cost the UK up to £200bn over the next 15 years”

200 billion pounds over 15 years amounts to about 250 million a week. That 350 million pounds a week is sure getting stretched thin.

Wait, I know, fact and/or expert opinion, so irrelevant, right?

McHrozni

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics