ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus

Reply
Old 1st August 2020, 11:27 AM   #1961
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
I have tried 3 or 4 times to get a high power signal from the modem. It just will not do so. There is medium power with short pulses as the phone connects, but the signal to the tower is so low I have to be close to the modem in order to see the outgoing signal. I have got a good setup with modem in a cardboard box, and the meter in a position to monitor without me being aware of it, and the video camera on the meter to get a record of the readings.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would say that the Telcos have gotten wind of this test and are making sure the modem does not do a high power tower connection. No, surely not. My email account got hacked shortly after I retained legal counsel in the beginning of the fight. Just coincidence, right?

Lately we have serious delays in connecting to networks, but once more I suppose that is due to the heavy network traffic. Or so I presume.

My late wife was involved in therapy for ex-combatants in the "struggle", and her late American doctorate husband was in the "political information" business and had consulate connections. I have always assumed everything we did was not private. I still do. And there were some strange communications that I do not think were supernatural.

What answers do you guys have? Tomorrow, I will ask my wife to keep the modem on, and monitor it every now and then with the meter. Also make more calls. I am finding that one printer defaults to WiFi on after the printer is powered off then on again. My cell phone shows at least 6 WiFi devices in the neighborhood.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 11:40 AM   #1962
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.
 
Spektator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 1,760
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
My sister was asked as part of her kindergarten readiness assessment how many pieces she would have if she cut an orange in half. The "correct" answer, naturally, was two, according to the rationale that anything divided in half produces two halves. The answer she gave was five. Most oranges contain ten segments, and if you share an orange with a friend fairly, each person gets five segments. She knew that at pre-school age. I didn't know that as an adult.
You made me go to the fridge and count orange segments. Ten. Now I know!
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 11:47 AM   #1963
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,426
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
What answers do you guys have?
If you are still using the same equipment, and you are sure that the power is only rarely getting above the level you now consider necessary to provoke a headache, then your original belief that you always get a headache when the wifi is on was clearly in error. In which case you need to accept that you were mistaken about the cause of your headaches, chalk it up to experience, and start looking for the real cause.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 12:07 PM   #1964
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,332
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would say that the Telcos have gotten wind of this test and are making sure the modem does not do a high power tower connection. No, surely not. My email account got hacked shortly after I retained legal counsel in the beginning of the fight. Just coincidence, right?
Well, considering your previous statement about the Telco switching on the power when you needed to prepare for your court case (an action of which we have all yet to see some concrete proof), I would say you are already delving into conspiracy theorist territory.

ETA: you're not that special - I doubt very much that a Telco would reduce tower power (at the expense of all their other subscribers in the area) to foil a test for a correlation that they know does not exist, even if there was actually a formal test taking place.

Anyway, there are many other, more reliable ways to get a constant RF power output that does not involve a modem. Hiring a bloody signal generator, for example. That would reduce your wiggle room, however, so I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

On that point: given you had at least a month to prepare for the follow on (looking at the court paper dates), how did the Telcos know you would leave it to the last minute?

Email account hacked? How do you know? A subtle "click" when you logged on?

Quote:
What answers do you guys have?
None relevant to the discussion.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.

Last edited by EvilBiker; 1st August 2020 at 12:27 PM.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 01:14 PM   #1965
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,775
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
What answers do you guys have?
The same answers we have been giving to a pile of conspiracy theories strewn with random unrelated anecdotes.

If you cannot manage to observe your equipment giving you the power levels you told us were necessary to cause your headaches, then I agree with Pixel42. Even informally there seems to be little correlation between your purported cause and effect. You keep having to revise your hypothesis downward and deploy more conspiracy theories to see your belief alive.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 02:10 PM   #1966
p0lka
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: near trees, houses and a lake.
Posts: 2,050
Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
Aaaaand we're in the 'victim' phase
Hmm, don't forget the highlighted portion..

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
..snip..
Try some tolerance of other people who may be different in a different way. You could have asked me if being academically bright was an advantage and if I found it rewarding. The answer would have been that it was both a blessing and a curse, and not many people would want to exchange lives with mine. Luckily, I was little autistic and did not understand the envy and sarcasm when I was younger. They dared not bully me. It was clear they would regret it even they outnumbered me.
..snip..
Maybe PartSkeptic knows their stuff in ma?

Last edited by p0lka; 1st August 2020 at 02:12 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 03:04 PM   #1967
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,783
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I have tried 3 or 4 times to get a high power signal from the modem. It just will not do so. There is medium power with short pulses as the phone connects, but the signal to the tower is so low I have to be close to the modem in order to see the outgoing signal. I have got a good setup with modem in a cardboard box, and the meter in a position to monitor without me being aware of it, and the video camera on the meter to get a record of the readings.
How quaint. The thing under test to assess it's effect on you will not conform to your wishes. You could, of course, provoke the modem to ramp up the power quite easily, but surely your superior intellect figured that out already, right?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would say that the Telcos have gotten wind of this test and are making sure the modem does not do a high power tower connection. No, surely not.
Paranoia. Tlecos don't care about your fairy tales. Nobody here cares about your fairy tales and there are a bunch of us qualified to hold that opinion.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
My email account got hacked shortly after I retained legal counsel in the beginning of the fight. Just coincidence, right?
Nope. Just another Abe Simpson tall tale bereft of any evidence.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Lately we have serious delays in connecting to networks, but once more I suppose that is due to the heavy network traffic. Or so I presume.
Why should anyone care about your connectivity shenanigans? You have made it clear already that you are clueless when it comes to sorting out your router.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
My late wife was involved in therapy for ex-combatants in the "struggle", and her late American doctorate husband was in the "political information" business and had consulate connections.
Whee, more pointless anecdotes.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I have always assumed everything we did was not private. I still do. And there were some strange communications that I do not think were supernatural.
What a daft assumption.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
What answers do you guys have?
You do not want my honest answer to that. Suffice it to say that you thought a trivial test that children "ace" was evidence of your brilliance. Extrapolate my opinion from that.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Tomorrow, I will ask my wife to keep the modem on, and monitor it every now and then with the meter. Also make more calls. I am finding that one printer defaults to WiFi on after the printer is powered off then on again. My cell phone shows at least 6 WiFi devices in the neighborhood.
And there is a problem. You are flat out stating that you will abandon all protocols we have wasted time on in favour of an entirely new...well it isn't a protocol at all.

And we are all left wondering what fresh hell is this malarkey.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 04:38 PM   #1968
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,645
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Are you deliberately falsifying one of my posts?
Every one of your posts is a falsehood. You seem slow to understand that everyone else has already worked that out.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2020, 04:48 PM   #1969
p0lka
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: near trees, houses and a lake.
Posts: 2,050
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I tried to. The radiation was so low as to be undetectable in the next room. A reject - did not even bother to start.
You are not supposed to know that, it defeats the point of the experiment.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:05 AM   #1970
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
Well, considering your previous statement about the Telco switching on the power when you needed to prepare for your court case (an action of which we have all yet to see some concrete proof), I would say you are already delving into conspiracy theorist territory.

ETA: you're not that special - I doubt very much that a Telco would reduce tower power (at the expense of all their other subscribers in the area) to foil a test for a correlation that they know does not exist, even if there was actually a formal test taking place.

Anyway, there are many other, more reliable ways to get a constant RF power output that does not involve a modem. Hiring a bloody signal generator, for example. That would reduce your wiggle room, however, so I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

On that point: given you had at least a month to prepare for the follow on (looking at the court paper dates), how did the Telcos know you would leave it to the last minute?

Email account hacked? How do you know? A subtle "click" when you logged on?



None relevant to the discussion.

I assume that the Telco system can be programmed to deal with an individual number. If the intelligence agencies want info on a number then the connection may be able to be steered first before making the connection. I am of course guessing but why is it not possible?

My email account password was changed and I got no notification. I could still access it as long as I did not have to log in. So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to. I got no email warning and no SMS phone warning.

As far as special, I most certainly am to the Telcos. I represent a serious threat. That was clear by the number of high powered lawyers and the affidavits submitted, plus the perjury.

Nearly everyone waits until a day or two before the due date. In all my court filings in various cases SA, NZ and USA (hundreds) I have not had one that was early.Telkom actually had month to file but filed at 9pm on the day before. They were not penalized. Missing a date is usually a simple condonation. In my case, they turned on the tower for 36 hours on the Thursday and Friday before the next Friday (the due date). I had planned on filing on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Why turn on the tower in the first place? It was clear contempt of court.

Constant RF signal that mimics the pulsation of communication with a cell tower? Do tell. Or is this part of the debate tactics I see on this site all the time? I would love to inform all the scientists who use a microwave source but have to rely on outside "experts" to set it up.

It IS THE PROPER WAY to doing the experiment because it is repeatable. So why be cute? I thought you guys were being helpful. I will invest in any equipment as long as it is not exorbitant.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:16 AM   #1971
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
If you are still using the same equipment, and you are sure that the power is only rarely getting above the level you now consider necessary to provoke a headache, then your original belief that you always get a headache when the wifi is on was clearly in error. In which case you need to accept that you were mistaken about the cause of your headaches, chalk it up to experience, and start looking for the real cause.

I know what I am doing. Once more, you infer that I am incapable and often make mistakes. You are wrong - and biased.

I tested the modem a few times in the beginning and was surprised at the output power. Partly what surprised me is that the power seemed way higher than it needed to be, indicating that it may have been possible the Telcos used the device to relay other signals - and now do not.

The last two days I have had flu headaches and pains, and have only been able to work by taking two pain tablets (still needed two sleeps during the day). This morning at 2 am I woke up and a lot of infected mucus. I managed to clear it, but this morning I clearly had flu. Very tired and aching. I have slept most of the day. 8 am to 12:30 pm.

My wife used the modem today. Low power - not much more than a normal cell phone.

Where are the helpful suggestions? I just get scornful comments that are false.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:22 AM   #1972
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,426
You seem to have forgotten that your hypothesis that your headaches were being caused by your wifi was formed as a result of anecdotal observations which led you to assert a 100% correlation between the wifi being switched on and a headache developing. If, as a result of the more methodical investigation you have since undertaken, it now seems to you that the wifi has to be operating at a high, rarely achieved, power level in order to provoke a headache, then that casts significant doubt on your hypothesis. Unless there is good reason to think that your modem is now behaving very differently to how it did when you formed your hypothesis (and no, paranoia is not a good reason) then at least some of the headaches you experienced back then developed when the wifi was on, but operating at the low level you now believe is insufficient to provoke one. So those headaches, at least, were not caused by the wifi.

The only way to find out what's really going on is to continue your methodical investigation, I'm not suggesting you stop the trials that you are doing (though I am suggesting you take more care than you seem to be doing to ensure you are fully blinded). I'm just pointing out that you already have evidence indicating that your original hypothesis was false and that, whatever the result of those trials, the wifi is at most only a partial explanation of your headaches. So perhaps it's time to start also considering, and investigating, other possible explanations.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:23 AM   #1973
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
Hmm, don't forget the highlighted portion..


Maybe PartSkeptic knows their stuff in ma?

??? ma ??? Explain.

My father was a really tough guy. Taught unarmed combat in WW2. Broke all the bones in his hands when still young before using power slaps. Said that fight dirty outmatched any martial arts. He insisted that his sons stand up for themselves. I have had only a few fights in my life and beaten (almost killed) bigger and hardened men. I only back down (but do not grovel or plead) if faced with overwhelming odds (once if my memory serves me). Many times I use my wits to get out of a situation before it gets really bad.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:27 AM   #1974
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
(snip)

You do not want my honest answer to that. Suffice it to say that you thought a trivial test that children "ace" was evidence of your brilliance. Extrapolate my opinion from that.

(snip)
So you got 50 out of 50 in how many minutes? And how DID you children do?

Why so coy?
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:36 AM   #1975
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
You seem to have forgotten that your hypothesis that your headaches were being caused by your wifi was formed as a result of anecdotal observations which led you to assert a 100% correlation between the wifi being switched on and a headache developing. If, as a result of the more methodical investigation you have since undertaken, it now seems to you that the wifi has to be operating at a high, rarely achieved, power level in order to provoke a headache, then that casts significant doubt on your hypothesis. Unless there is good reason to think that your modem is now behaving very differently to how it did when you formed your hypothesis (and no, paranoia is not a good reason) then at least some of the headaches you experienced back then developed when the wifi was on, but operating at the low level you now believe is insufficient to provoke one. So those headaches, at least, were not caused by the wifi.

The only way to find out what's really going on is to continue your methodical investigation, I'm not suggesting you stop the trials that you are doing (though I am suggesting you take more care than you seem to be doing to ensure you are fully blinded). I'm just pointing out that you already have evidence indicating that your original hypothesis was false and that, whatever the result of those trials, the wifi is at most only a partial explanation of your headaches. So perhaps it's time to start also considering, and investigating, other possible explanations.

You memory as to my overall health seems to be problematic. I get headaches due to other causes. I usually know what they are and how to solve them.

What we are talking about is headaches that are correlated to the Wifi - and appear to be correlated to a high power transmission that has mysteriously not reappeared. I cannot account for the modem not working as it did when we started this. My narrative has no contradictions otherwise.

Give me a suggestion as to what I should look at for causes to my headaches that I may not have thought of, and explain the correlation to the WiFi. Coincidence once more??

I am not going to give up. Even if EvilBiker will not suggest something, I reckon I might be able to program a device. There are some avenues I can think of also, but will not put on this thread.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:43 AM   #1976
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Every one of your posts is a falsehood. You seem slow to understand that everyone else has already worked that out.


This is why the debate as to my intelligence and my honesty.

You cannot give specific examples. I assume that you assume that because JayUtah implies my posts are fake that he must be right. Or do I assume too much?

Who are you? Give us some background if you want to play with the BIG BOYS. Don't hide in the shadows. Why color your posts NAVY anyhow?
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:07 AM   #1977
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,426
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
You memory as to my overall health seems to be problematic. I get headaches due to other causes. I usually know what they are and how to solve them.
Then the number of confounding factors is higher than I thought, and hence your grounds for thinking a subset of your headaches are caused by the wifi are even shakier than it appeared.

Quote:
What we are talking about is headaches that are correlated to the Wifi - and appear to be correlated to a high power transmission that has mysteriously not reappeared.
What we are talking about is headaches which you believe are correlated to the wifi. Whether they actually are is what you trying to establish. The evidence so far seems to be indicating otherwise.

Quote:
I cannot account for the modem not working as it did when we started this.
The measurements you originally took being unreliable would be one way to account for it.

Quote:
Give me a suggestion as to what I should look at for causes to my headaches that I may not have thought of
There are many causes of headaches. I have no way to narrow it down for you.

Quote:
and explain the correlation to the WiFi.
First demonstrate a correlation to the wifi, then we'll know if there's anything that needs to be explained.

Quote:
I am not going to give up.
You could just proceed with the trials. Even if you end up having to discard nearly half of them because in the ones where the wifi is switched on the power level only reaches the value you have decided is the minimum required a couple of times that couple, and all the trials where the wifi is switched off, will be valid. So you'll get to 10 valid trials eventually.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:45 AM   #1978
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,149
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
So you got 50 out of 50 in how many minutes? And how DID you children do?

Why so coy?
I got 49/50 in 10 minutes.

What do you think that says about my IQ? Personally I think it means nothing, it reminds me of the test I had to sit when I was about 11/12 years old when I was going into secondary school, the classes were streamed, so the test was to decide which stream you went into. It absolutely most definitely not an IQ test, certainly not one that if you score 50/50, the test giver will tell you your score was "impossible". None of the questions demanded any sort of high degree of intelligence to answer. It's extremely telling that you think scoring 50/50 qualifies you as having an impossibly high intelligence.

What was the actual IQ score that you were told you had when you completed the test?
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:46 AM   #1979
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,149
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
My father was a really tough guy. Taught unarmed combat in WW2. Broke all the bones in his hands when still young before using power slaps. Said that fight dirty outmatched any martial arts. He insisted that his sons stand up for themselves. I have had only a few fights in my life and beaten (almost killed) bigger and hardened men. I only back down (but do not grovel or plead) if faced with overwhelming odds (once if my memory serves me). Many times I use my wits to get out of a situation before it gets really bad.
I first took a fancy to Mrs. Bouvier because her raspy voice reminded me of my old Victrola. Oh, it was a fine machine with a vulcanized rubber listening tube which you crammed in your ear. The tube would go in easier with some sort of lubricant like linseed oil or doctor...
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 06:06 AM   #1980
Joe Random
Master Poster
 
Joe Random's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,529
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I assume that the Telco system can be programmed to deal with an individual number. If the intelligence agencies want info on a number then the connection may be able to be steered first before making the connection. I am of course guessing but why is it not possible?

My email account password was changed and I got no notification. I could still access it as long as I did not have to log in. So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to. I got no email warning and no SMS phone warning.

As far as special, I most certainly am to the Telcos. I represent a serious threat. That was clear by the number of high powered lawyers and the affidavits submitted, plus the perjury.

Nearly everyone waits until a day or two before the due date. In all my court filings in various cases SA, NZ and USA (hundreds) I have not had one that was early.Telkom actually had month to file but filed at 9pm on the day before. They were not penalized. Missing a date is usually a simple condonation. In my case, they turned on the tower for 36 hours on the Thursday and Friday before the next Friday (the due date). I had planned on filing on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Why turn on the tower in the first place? It was clear contempt of court.
"... and then Charlie Sheen and I stole Nikola Tesla's spaceship so we could fly off to fight Nazi robots in their secret Moon base."
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:07 AM   #1981
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger
 
EvilBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,332
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I assume that the Telco system can be programmed to deal with an individual number. If the intelligence agencies want info on a number then the connection may be able to be steered first before making the connection. I am of course guessing but why is it not possible?
No, you assume way too much. What you are suggesting is that they target your specific number for low power broadcast, and that is impossible. See, a tower cell signal channel is sliced up (to put it very simply), to allow multiple transmissions at once. There is no way that one specific channel slice targeting one number can be set to have a lower power than the rest of the channel slices.[/quote]

Quote:
My email account password was changed and I got no notification. I could still access it as long as I did not have to log in. So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to. I got no email warning and no SMS phone warning.
You could still access it even when you didn't log in? You do realise that every time you access your email, your credentials are automatically sent through? There is no way you can access your email without a login.

So what did they delete then? Did you check your bin? Considering this supposedly happened for a month, any "deleted" emails would be still be accessible in the bin.

Quote:
As far as special, I most certainly am to the Telcos. I represent a serious threat. That was clear by the number of high powered lawyers and the affidavits submitted, plus the perjury.
Keep telling yourself that. You are definitely not special to the Telcos, no matter how much you *think* you may be.

Quote:
Nearly everyone waits until a day or two before the due date. In all my court filings in various cases SA, NZ and USA (hundreds) I have not had one that was early.Telkom actually had month to file but filed at 9pm on the day before. They were not penalized. Missing a date is usually a simple condonation. In my case, they turned on the tower for 36 hours on the Thursday and Friday before the next Friday (the due date). I had planned on filing on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Why turn on the tower in the first place? It was clear contempt of court.
So because other people like leaving things to the last minute, you do to? Well, given your student track record, I suppose it fits the bill. Me, I would prepare as soon as possible while everything is still fresh in my mind, but that's just me.

You keep on bringing up this "tower was switched on to mess with me" without, yet again, not a shred of proof.

Quote:
Constant RF signal that mimics the pulsation of communication with a cell tower? Do tell. Or is this part of the debate tactics I see on this site all the time? I would love to inform all the scientists who use a microwave source but have to rely on outside "experts" to set it up.
You obviously (again!) no nothing of signal generators. They can be programmed to modulate the baseband in any variety of ways. How the hell do you think the Telcos test their equipment? No, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you, you can look it up yourself - I'm really past the stage of in-depth explanations with you.

ETA: here is an example of a test unit that could be used.

Just because somebody is a "scientist" does not necessarily mean they understand how to set up a microwave source. RF is called a black art for a reason - it's complex.

Quote:
It IS THE PROPER WAY to doing the experiment because it is repeatable. So why be cute? I thought you guys were being helpful. I will invest in any equipment as long as it is not exorbitant.
It's not repeatable - you've said so yourself. One of the major factors that has now arisen is that your modem signal is all over the place, which is highly convenient for you as you now have yet another excuse to weasel out of the testing.
__________________
Flat Earth Theory:
The unfortunate result of ordering pizza to satisfy munchies after smoking way too much weed to bring you down from that hectic acid trip.

Last edited by EvilBiker; 2nd August 2020 at 08:20 AM.
EvilBiker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:23 AM   #1982
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,525
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I assume that the Telco system can be programmed to deal with an individual number. If the intelligence agencies want info on a number then the connection may be able to be steered first before making the connection. I am of course guessing but why is it not possible?
You assume this is not just possible, but actually true, because it fits the preconceptions you have, and for no other reason.
It is not up to anyone else to show how this is not possible: it's your claim, so it's your responsibility to provide evidence for it.
Otherwise it is, as you say, just a guess, and needs no further consideration or explanation.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
My email account password was changed and I got no notification.
I'm no IT expert, but it is my understanding that only you can change your own email password.
There are also links provided for you to reset it. Did you do this?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I could still access it as long as I did not have to log in.
If you didn't log in, how were you able to access it?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to.
And yet the court documents you posted contained emails to and from you.
Was anything actually deleted?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I got no email warning and no SMS phone warning.
So how did you know it had been changed?

To sum up: your password was changed by someone else, without your knowledge, something that does not square with what I know about internet security. (Happy to be corrected on this, as always). You could not log in, but you could "access" your account, which seems like a contradiction. You do not seem to have been able to reset your password, which is something anyone can do. You do not appear to have contacted the email provider, if for no other reason than to protect others from the same fate. You say things might have been deleted, but don't seem entirely sure, and you still had everything you needed for your court case.
I'm sorry to tell you that this is not entirely convincing.

By the way, are you still using the same email account, and have you raised this supposed hacking with the company that runs it?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
As far as special, I most certainly am to the Telcos. I represent a serious threat. That was clear by the number of high powered lawyers and the affidavits submitted, plus the perjury. {?QUOTE]

You have yet to provide any evidence of perjury.

Nearly everyone waits until a day or two before the due date. In all my court filings in various cases SA, NZ and USA (hundreds) I have not had one that was early.Telkom actually had month to file but filed at 9pm on the day before.
So they didn't miss the date.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
They were not penalized.
Because they hadn't done anything wrong.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Missing a date is usually a simple condonation.
I am not familiar with the South African justice system. Can you cite the relevant law?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
In my case, they turned on the tower for 36 hours on the Thursday and Friday before the next Friday (the due date). I had planned on filing on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Why turn on the tower in the first place? It was clear contempt of court.
Yet another unevidenced assertion, that in fact flies in the face of all the evidence from your court documents. That you refused to accept that it hadn't been turned on is not evidence that it wasn't. This is also not evidence for either perjury or contempt of court.
Please- for the umpteenth time- present your evidence of perjury.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:26 AM   #1983
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,783
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
So you got 50 out of 50 in how many minutes? And how DID you children do?
My children haven't even seen it, but I know what their reaction would be. They have seen so many of this kind of test they would laugh at yours.

I didn't score at all, because I scanned it and laughed my ass off at the triviality of it. It's risible.

Nevertheless, you amusingly think it demonstrates your genius. Unfortunately for you, it demonstrates exactly how low your intellectual standards really are.

This simply reinforces the position that you are...being creative with the facts.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Why so coy?
Because this forum has rules that preclude me from saying what I honestly think about you. You signed those rules to become a member. Did you not read them? Or did you forget?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:44 AM   #1984
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,775
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
You memory as to my overall health seems to be problematic. I get headaches due to other causes. I usually know what they are and how to solve them.
How do you know what they are?

Quote:
What we are talking about is headaches that are correlated to the Wifi - and appear to be correlated...
You've demonstrated no such correlation. In fact, you keep having to walk back your claims of what the correlation actually is.

Quote:
I cannot account for the modem not working as it did when we started this.
How do you know there has been a change in the wifi equipment behavior?

Quote:
Give me a suggestion as to what I should look at for causes to my headaches that I may not have thought of...
Consult competent medical experts. None of us here is qualified to diagnose you.

Quote:
...and explain the correlation to the WiFi. Coincidence once more??
You've demonstrated no correlation to explain.

Quote:
I am not going to give up.
Nobody's asking you to give up looking for the causes of your headache. But what it seems you want to persist in is the collection of data that confirms your predetermined belief. If you are presented with ways to determine whether that belief is true, you throw obstacle after obstacle in the path to avoid doing it.

What exactly do you expect from people here? They're helping you in the ways they can from afar, and in the ways their training and philosophy suggest, and in the ways you know from experience they will offer. Yet you seem to response almost exclusively be berating them and gaslighting them for identifying the errors you're making that are preventing you from determining whether the wifi is also causing you headaches.

Seriously, what do you expect from this forum?
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:49 AM   #1985
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,783
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I assume that the Telco system can be programmed to deal with an individual number.
Not in the way you imagine.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
If the intelligence agencies want info on a number then the connection may be able to be steered first before making the connection. I am of course guessing but why is it not possible?
Steered to what? To what end and purpose? Using what technology?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
My email account password was changed and I got no notification. I could still access it as long as I did not have to log in. So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to. I got no email warning and no SMS phone warning.
You changed your password and forgot you did so. Those devices on which you had cached your password were still able to login. Simple.

Surprising to me that a "genius" couldn't work that out.


Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
As far as special, I most certainly am to the Telcos. I represent a serious threat. That was clear by the number of high powered lawyers and the affidavits submitted, plus the perjury.
At best you are merely a pest to the telco's.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Nearly everyone waits until a day or two before the due date. In all my court filings in various cases SA, NZ and USA (hundreds) I have not had one that was early.Telkom actually had month to file but filed at 9pm on the day before. They were not penalized. Missing a date is usually a simple condonation. In my case, they turned on the tower for 36 hours on the Thursday and Friday before the next Friday (the due date). I had planned on filing on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Why turn on the tower in the first place? It was clear contempt of court.
I am getting the clear scent of George R. Simpson now. Are you channeling him?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Constant RF signal that mimics the pulsation of communication with a cell tower? Do tell. Or is this part of the debate tactics I see on this site all the time? I would love to inform all the scientists who use a microwave source but have to rely on outside "experts" to set it up.
WTF?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
It IS THE PROPER WAY to doing the experiment because it is repeatable. So why be cute? I thought you guys were being helpful. I will invest in any equipment as long as it is not exorbitant.
We were, but we learned that you have no interest in any help AT ALL. Pixel42 has handed you a prelim protocol that would initially work. You wont follow it. That is on you.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:11 AM   #1986
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,775
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I know what I am doing.
No, I and others don't think you do. You've demonstrated a history of overstating your ability.

Quote:
Once more, you infer that I am incapable and often make mistakes.
I can't speak for Pixel42, but I'm not inferring any such thing. I'm stating it as a conclusion for which we have provided ample evidence.

Quote:
You are wrong - and biased.
No. The stories you tell in the attempt to set yourself up as one who can do the kind of scientific inquiry you are attempting in an unassailable manner are irrelevant and non-credible, most of them on their face. Not only have you given your critics ample evidence to doubt your ability, you have given them ample reasons to suppose you cannot assess and report your own ability accurately. Insofar as you want the strength of your findings predicated on abilities you cannot demonstrate you have, your case is weak and unconvincing.

Quote:
I tested the modem a few times in the beginning and was surprised at the output power. Partly what surprised me is that the power seemed way higher than it needed to be
And receiving non-credible readings didn't immediately alert you to the possibility that your measurements were in error, and compel you to search for and correct possible causes for such an error?

Quote:
...indicating that it may have been possible the Telcos used the device to relay other signals - and now do not.
Why did you jump to that conclusion instead of constructing an additional experiment to test for it, or to obtain other information that would have helped test that hypothesis?

Quote:
Where are the helpful suggestions?
You have been given quite a lot of helpful suggestions, most of which you ignore. It is becoming increasingly apparent how disinterested you are in suggestions that open the possibility that your desired belief might be false. No one is going to give you suggestions that are "helpful" only in lending an air of rigor to your obvious desire to engage in confirmation bias.

Quote:
I just get scornful comments that are false.
Because you respond to suggestions that are actually helpful by insulting the people who offer them. Accepting suggestions that require you to admit you are fallible and perhaps not as capable as the people who offer them flies in the face of your ongoing belief that you are exceptional in some way. You dismiss the suggestions by reinforcing that you continue to be exceptional, and recasting the helpful suggestions as personal attacks aimed. In essence, you double down on the stories that make you exceptional, as your only response to constructive criticism. Therefore force your critics to deal with the stories, when they would much rather ignore them. And dealing with the stories means pointing out where they are obvious lies and embellishments.

So stop whining about the allegedly shabby treatment you're getting at the hands of your critics. The way you keep the debate aimed, your critics have no choice but to address the only basis you offer for your rebuttals.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:33 AM   #1987
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 26,803
I have no idea how South African phone systems are managed, and what shenanigans they might get up to (though I seriously doubt the story). I have a feeling that if the telco got up to any funny business, even if the majority of people didn't care, enough would to cause a big fuss. A lot of people are very careful about loose data flying around. Ironically, we can probably thank the criminals and pornographers for helping to maintain our privacy.

I do know, though, that if one is actually concerned that the login has changed or been eliminated for some reason, it's really really simple to check. All you have to do is go to a computer on which you have never logged in before, and try to get your email from it. If you can, then the telco has screwed up. If you can't then the problem resides in your computer.

You could also probably clear the cookies and passwords on your computer, and try again.

I have a number of accounts in which the account sets a cookie that automates my login. Some sites have a "remember" check box. Some do not. Some seem to remember even if the box is not checked, and there's some setting I've now forgotten in Firefox to force them to forget. Some that do remember have some unknown, random, schedule to recheck, and some recognize a different computer and ask additional questions. Some are welcome (such as the login for this forum) and some are not (such as my brokerage account), so cookie management is a good skill to learn.

In any case, if odd login behavior is occurring, the telco would be about the last place I'd look.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:39 AM   #1988
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
 
JayUtah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 18,775
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I assume that the Telco system can be programmed to deal with an individual number.
Why would you assume such a thing? In the first place, why would you assume anything that can be discovered as a matter of research? That's just being lazy. And I don't mean that as an insult. I mean that you claim perseverance as one of your positive traits. Running down such a detail as a matter of documentary record would be an example of your perseverance. And second, why would you assume the exact thing you need to be true in order for your hypothesis to remain valid? That's exceptionally biased thinking.

Quote:
I am of course guessing but why is it not possible?
Reversing the burden of proof. Your critics don't have to prove it's impossible. You're the one claiming not only that it's possible, but that it was being done in your case, and for certain specific reasons having to do with your crusade. That's all stuff you're on the hook to prove. Instead, you just assumed all of it was true.

Quote:
My email account password was changed and I got no notification. I could still access it as long as I did not have to log in.
What did you do to confirm that it was not simply a failure of the authentication algorithm, of the kind that routinely occurs? Or a password-aging feature? You could have had a valid 30-day cookie on your browser that let you bypass it for a time. You have provided no evidence that confirms the specific claim that someone changed your password. You have fragmentary evidence of an authentication irregularity that you don't fully understand, and from that you have jumped to an improbable conclusion that just happens to let you believe you're a target of individualized surveillance.

Quote:
So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to. I got no email warning and no SMS phone warning.
If "they" could get into your account somehow to change your password, then "they" could read and delete your messages anyway. Why alert you to the irregularity by taking the extra, unnecessary step of changing your password. Someone wanting to spy on your emails would want you to use the account normally, not be alerted in a way that might make you change your behavior or get another account to which they don't have access.

As usual, you're jumping to a conclusion that makes no sense according to the facts, but lets you persist in the belief that you are important enough to attract the attention of powerful agents.

Quote:
As far as special, I most certainly am to the Telcos. I represent a serious threat. That was clear by the number of high powered lawyers and the affidavits submitted...
Any large company will maintain a standing legal department, or have contracts with competent law offices to carry out all manner of ongoing legal work. That includes defending against your lawsuit and all the other litigation that may pertain to their business operations. You're trying to individualize the experience, when in fact "affidavits" and "high-powered lawyers" are how all large companies do all their legal business, which, for any sufficiently large company, is full-time employment. You are just one plaintiff among many.

Quote:
...plus the perjury.
Conspiracy theory. You said you lost your case because the witnesses perjured themselves. You claimed to have evidence of the perjury, but you were not going to make the effort to bring charges for it because you claimed the police were corrupt.

Do you understand that outside your head this is not evidence that you are important, but rather evidence that you think you're important despite all facts being to the contrary?

Quote:
In my case, they turned on the tower for 36 hours on the Thursday and Friday before the next Friday (the due date). I had planned on filing on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Why turn on the tower in the first place? It was clear contempt of court.
Or so you argued, but were unable to prove. And you were unable to explain away the evidence that no such thing occurred, except to formulate more conspiracy theories. Again, you keep asserting fantasy claims that speak to how important you are, and then concocting additional conspiracies theories -- amplifying the alleged importance -- to explain why the facts are contrary to the first fantasy claims. You've even gone so far as to accuse us here of being part of the conspiracy.

Yes, you really do argue from the point of view that you are so very important. Then you circularly build conspiracy theories that assume that importance as a premise.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 09:46 AM   #1989
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,783
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
So you got 50 out of 50 in how many minutes? And how DID you children do?

Why so coy?
Actually, since you have thrown that gauntlet down, I am going to do exactly that. Not easy in lockdown, but I will do it anyway to demonstrate how risible your claims are. Standby for results.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:46 AM   #1990
Mojo
Mostly harmless
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Nor Flanden
Posts: 32,814
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Give me a suggestion as to what I should look at for causes to my headaches that I may not have thought of, and explain the correlation to the WiFi. Coincidence once more??

How about poltergeists?
__________________
"You got to use your brain." - McKinley Morganfield

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:52 AM   #1991
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!
 
wollery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,944
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Actually, since you have thrown that gauntlet down, I am going to do exactly that. Not easy in lockdown, but I will do it anyway to demonstrate how risible your claims are. Standby for results.
He's already had plenty of results, many of which make his 15 minute completion look glacial, as well as direct criticism of the test itself.

Curiously he hasn't responded to a single one of those.
__________________
"You're a sick SOB. You know that, Wollery?" - Roadtoad

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 01:54 PM   #1992
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,783
Originally Posted by wollery View Post
He's already had plenty of results, many of which make his 15 minute completion look glacial, as well as direct criticism of the test itself.

Curiously he hasn't responded to a single one of those.
Honestly, it looks like a senility assessment to me. Much like Trump.

The hell with it. I have my kids tee'd up. We shall see what they make of it.

TBH I kinda know the result in advance. Morsel the eldest will earnestly attempt the test, score 50, and ask questions post test.

Morsel the younger will look at it and ask me "how dumb do you think I am".
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:38 PM   #1993
gmanontario
Critical Thinker
 
gmanontario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 491
50/50 in 11 minutes. Inconceivable!

19 year old daughter, 49 of 50 in seven minutes 30. She misread one question.

Maybe I can get my 9 year old grandson to try.
ETA: This brought back a memory. This test is very similar to one of a series of tests that I had to take in order to qualify for a position in government IT.

To be sure I looked it up and I still have the 20 year old test and it has 75 questions. I got 65 in 20 minutes where 50 is a pass. The questions got tougher as you went along and you are given one page at a time so you can't skip ahead. Finishing it was difficult but not impossible.
This PS test is in no way shape or form an IQ test.
__________________
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed...it can only be wasted.

Red Green

Last edited by gmanontario; 2nd August 2020 at 04:46 PM.
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:55 PM   #1994
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,645
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic
So for a month they could read all my email and delete any that they could have wanted to.
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Ynd yet the court documents you posted contained emails to and from you.
Exactly. Exchanging legal letters includes requests for discovery, commonlaw and legislation citations and so on. Both parties would notice any deletions in seconds and request exactly the same information in the next communication exchange.

Partskeptic is making this story up, on the spot, and making all the rookie mistakes.

The reason detectives ask the same questions over and over again is simply to catch people out, who are making up stories,as they will eventually contradict themselves.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:09 PM   #1995
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,149
Originally Posted by wollery View Post
He's already had plenty of results, many of which make his 15 minute completion look glacial, as well as direct criticism of the test itself.

Curiously he hasn't responded to a single one of those.
Do you wonder if he was actually expecting us to take the test, struggle to finish it in 15 minutes and not score 50/50 or close to it and to actually believe it was a genuine IQ test that only someone with an "impossible IQ" could score perfectly on, and that we'd be suitably impressed by his very superior intelligence? He seems to genuinely believe that a simplistic test like that is a valid indicator of super high intelligence.

PartSkeptic, what IQ score were you actually given as a result of this test? "Impossible" is not an IQ score.

Last edited by JesseCuster; 2nd August 2020 at 05:39 PM.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 05:18 PM   #1996
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!
 
wollery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 10,944
Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
Do you wonder if he was actually us to take the test, struggle to finish it in 15 minutes and not score 50/50 or close to it and to actually believe it was a genuine IQ test that only someone with an "impossible IQ" could score perfectly on? He seems to genuinely believe that a simplistic test like that is a valid indicator of super high intelligence.

PartSkeptic, what IQ score were you actually given as a result of this test? "Impossible" is not an IQ score.
Maybe he was told his score was "passable" and misheard.
__________________
"You're a sick SOB. You know that, Wollery?" - Roadtoad

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 07:12 PM   #1997
EHocking
Philosopher
 
EHocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,908
Originally Posted by Humots View Post
Haven't seen the mini-series so I can't say.

Sorry.
The min-series was as awful as any Dune movie or mini-series.

Similarly to Dune, is the book of RiverWorld worth reading?
__________________
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:51 PM   #1998
Matthew Ellard
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,645
Originally Posted by wollery View Post
That's not an IQ test.
You are probably also aware that IQ tests and Employee Cognitive Tests are language and culturally specific to the participant's demographic, due to the Sapir–Whorf hypothesis.

Did everyone notice that Partskeptic's Employee Cognitive Test that he claimed he took as a South African participant, had the following question? (South Africa uses the "Rand" and 100 "cents")

(His false IQ test asks about Nickels, Pennies, Quarters and Dimes and is part of a USA employment test)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg employment test.JPG (26.8 KB, 5 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:45 PM   #1999
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,426
More evidence that cell towers do not increase susceptibility to Covid-19:

Half of Mumbai’s slum residents have had coronavirus – study

Quote:
Blood tests on 6,936 randomly selected people conducted by Mumbai’s city authorities found that 57% of slum-dwellers and 16% of non-slum residents had virus antibodies, the study released on Tuesday said.

Mumbai, where about 40% of the population lives in slums, has reported just over 110,000 infections and more than 6,000 deaths so far.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:56 PM   #2000
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
No, you assume way too much. What you are suggesting is that they target your specific number for low power broadcast, and that is impossible. See, a tower cell signal channel is sliced up (to put it very simply), to allow multiple transmissions at once. There is no way that one specific channel slice targeting one number can be set to have a lower power than the rest of the channel slices.


You could still access it even when you didn't log in? You do realise that every time you access your email, your credentials are automatically sent through? There is no way you can access your email without a login.

So what did they delete then? Did you check your bin? Considering this supposedly happened for a month, any "deleted" emails would be still be accessible in the bin.



Keep telling yourself that. You are definitely not special to the Telcos, no matter how much you *think* you may be.



So because other people like leaving things to the last minute, you do to? Well, given your student track record, I suppose it fits the bill. Me, I would prepare as soon as possible while everything is still fresh in my mind, but that's just me.

You keep on bringing up this "tower was switched on to mess with me" without, yet again, not a shred of proof.



You obviously (again!) no nothing of signal generators. They can be programmed to modulate the baseband in any variety of ways. How the hell do you think the Telcos test their equipment? No, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you, you can look it up yourself - I'm really past the stage of in-depth explanations with you.

ETA: here is an example of a test unit that could be used.

Just because somebody is a "scientist" does not necessarily mean they understand how to set up a microwave source. RF is called a black art for a reason - it's complex.



It's not repeatable - you've said so yourself. One of the major factors that has now arisen is that your modem signal is all over the place, which is highly convenient for you as you now have yet another excuse to weasel out of the testing.[/quote]


Steering
So there is no way to "steer" the signal from a device? To prevent any far-tower from communicating so as to let only a nearby tower communicate? I notice they have added more antennae to out closest tower - would that have an effect?

Email
I left my email logged in. Only when I tried to log in did I find I had to reset my password. I then found the password had been changed a month earlier. When I change my password I get an email warning and an SMS on my phone. I got neither. Yes, I did check the deleted bin.

Special
They told me in an affidavit I was "special". No if and buts. The costs awards alone indicated that I was a target.

Last Minute
I was fighting another appeal during the month of December and early January. I was having to drive to Pretoria and Bloemfontein because of the extreme obstruction to my filing and trying to get court records. It was also a holiday period. And I needed to do legal research to be sure of my facts. I changed my tactics. I can give you a long story as to why it was a deliberate turn-on which they had to cover up.

Test Signal
I am quite aware that one can generate ANY sort of signal with the right equipment. It seems that what I would need is a signal generator and an RF generator/antenna that I would generate a reasonable representation of what the modem (or even a cell phone) is putting out, and control the power output. On the face of it, your recommendation might just do it. I will get specs and pricing.

Repeatable
The signal strength must be repeatable to a point. If I said to you that loud noises hurt my ears and you asked for proof, then I would need a loud noise. If my stereo cannot reach the levels I get from a live performance or a movie theater (BTW - I have to wear earplugs to lower the level) then the test is of no value. It is likely the lower frequencies - the bass.

Weasel out
When I first proposed this test, I had a couple of clear indications that I got a headache. The levels tested high a number of times. Then, it seemed when I was about to start, the levels were consistently low. And what do I get, accusations of not knowing what I am doing. No possible explanations. I have an idea which I am going to try today.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.