IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 19th June 2022, 06:04 AM   #1321
WhatRoughBeast
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
I can eat a little crow now for the delay, but I don't understand why you're so eager to see me proven wrong.
Michael, you have it determinedly and entirely backwards.

You have been wrong all along. You started out wrong (for the purposes of this thread) in 2017, when you predicted

Quote:
I'm here to let you know that free energy generators will be hitting the market within a year, with mass production ramping up rapidly within two years.
This in support of a company/"inventor" which had been failing to produce a commercial product for 25 years at that time.

During the last 5 years you have continued to staunchly support Mills/BLP in the face of his continued failure to meet his promises, or even to have the grace to apologise when he drops one approach and blithely switches to another. You have failed to engage on the most basic technical levels when it becomes clear that his approach (based on his stated power recovery choices) will be less efficient than a simple conventional steam turbine plant driven by his hydrinos as a heat source - if the hydrinos existed.

No one here is eager to see you proven wrong. That horse left the gate long ago.
What people would like to see is you admit it.
WhatRoughBeast is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2022, 07:46 AM   #1322
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Wouldn't it be awesome to see Mills proudly standing next to a fully operational prototype clearly powering some device that consumes electricity, like, I don't know, let's say a washing machine?
Man, that'd sure put us in our place, wouldn't it?
Insted we get brief videos of what for all intents could be half a dozen flashlights tossed in a washing machine on spin cycle and claiming it to be a demonstration of, something.
Old 20th June 2022, 05:23 AM   #1323
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Insted we get brief videos of what for all intents could be half a dozen flashlights tossed in a washing machine on spin cycle and claiming it to be a demonstration of, something.

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd probably buy a flashlight that could continue to work under those conditions. That'd be one robust flashlight.
Old 20th June 2022, 07:58 AM   #1324
Mike!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Well, I don't know about you, but I'd probably buy a flashlight that could continue to work under those conditions. That'd be one robust flashlight.
Oh I'd be all over one too. Really, the weak link was always the bulb itself, one inadvertent drop and that was that. But LEDs have put an end to that instant unrecoverable fail. Nowadays, it seems what's killing all of my better flashlights has been the classic battery corrosion failure.

Meanwhile, one has to also consider how brief all of Mills videos are before signing on to even a simple flashlight that looks like a worthwhile long term investment.
Old 20th June 2022, 03:49 PM   #1325
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
The idea worked pretty well for Timex.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2022, 10:14 AM   #1326
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
The idea worked pretty well for Timex.
There was that live commercial in which they strapped a watch onto a propeller blade of an outboard motor, dunked it in a tank, and fired 'er up. But then the wristwatch was nowhere to be found. John Cameron Swayze saved the day with a Mills-level ad lib: "Wherever it is, it keeps on ticking!"
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2022, 06:54 AM   #1327
Mike!

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
There was that live commercial in which they strapped a watch onto a propeller blade of an outboard motor, dunked it in a tank, and fired 'er up. But then the wristwatch was nowhere to be found. John Cameron Swayze saved the day with a Mills-level ad lib: "Wherever it is, it keeps on ticking!"
Close.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

And still more impressive than anything we've seen out of Mills in over 30 years.

Last edited by Mike!; 22nd June 2022 at 06:56 AM.
Mike! is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:25 AM   #1328
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Thanks, Mike! First time I've seen that in 40 years - and that was a kinescope on some "Crazy Commercials" show. Takes me back, it does.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2022, 09:19 PM   #1329
marting
Illuminator

BLP has some competition.

Terrence Howard (formerly an actor on Empire) has a new Hydrogen Thingy.

I want to develop a New Hydrogen technology in Uganda. The main purpose of the project would be to defend the sovereignty of the country as far as technology is concerned.

https://twitter.com/ubctvuganda/stat...29228533522433

Enjoy.
Old 18th July 2022, 09:02 AM   #1330
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marting View Post
BLP has some competition.

Terrence Howard (formerly an actor on Empire) has a new Hydrogen Thingy.

I want to develop a New Hydrogen technology in Uganda. The main purpose of the project would be to defend the sovereignty of the country as far as technology is concerned.

https://twitter.com/ubctvuganda/stat...29228533522433

Enjoy.
Not just Hydrogen Theory but GUT!!!

This man is the new Einstein!!!

Or deluded as hell.
Old 18th July 2022, 12:37 PM   #1331
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Not just Hydrogen Theory but GUT!!!

This man is the new Einstein!!!

Or deluded as hell.

Based on his Wikipedia entry, it's the latter. He considers himself a chemical engineer despite not completing his degree and he's claimed to have a PhD in chemical engineering from a school he didn't attend and which doesn't have a doctoral program in chemical engineering.
He also claims to have created his own "language of logic" which he's keeping secret until he can patent it, and which proves 1 x 1 = 2.

"How can it equal one?" he said. "If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be."

I have to wonder who's telling him that the square root of 2 is 2.

Last edited by Armitage72; 18th July 2022 at 12:39 PM.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2022, 12:48 PM   #1332
Mike!

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Based on his Wikipedia entry, it's the latter. He considers himself a chemical engineer despite not completing his degree and he's claimed to have a PhD in chemical engineering from a school he didn't attend and which doesn't have a doctoral program in chemical engineering.
He also claims to have created his own "language of logic" which he's keeping secret until he can patent it, and which proves 1 x 1 = 2.

"How can it equal one?" he said. "If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told it's two, and that cannot be."

I have to wonder who's telling him that the square root of 2 is 2.
That would be the voices in his head, although I wouldn't rule out Jussie Smollett ether, he has problems with things that don't add up too.

Last edited by Mike!; 18th July 2022 at 12:52 PM.
Mike! is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2022, 07:31 AM   #1333
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post

Quick! Someone ask him what the square root of 8 is. I want to see how far he takes this!

I'm guessing he'd say 4, based on this logic.
Old 21st July 2022, 08:43 AM   #1334
marting
Illuminator

Sorry for the thread diversion. I was just pointing out that an even more screwed up guy with some sort of hydrogen structure theory (not to mention GUFT) was hyping his stuff in Uganda. Obviously not going to take in investors on the order of BLP's multi decade effort. At least I hope so.
Old 21st July 2022, 09:57 AM   #1335
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by marting View Post
Sorry for the thread diversion. I was just pointing out that an even more screwed up guy with some sort of hydrogen structure theory (not to mention GUFT) was hyping his stuff in Uganda. Obviously not going to take in investors on the order of BLP's multi decade effort. At least I hope so.
Don't be to sure. There is a sort of Gambler's FallacyWP effect among those who get scammed. They may come to realize that they have been taken in the past but this one is genuine.
Old 14th September 2022, 08:01 AM   #1336
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

BLP has put the "Webb has disproven the Big Bang" meme on it's web page. I know Mills has to say that in some circles but I'm surprised it's right on the front page of the BLP web site.

https://brilliantlightpower.com

BTW it's apparently been up since early August. I really like how JWST has done so much before it's data has even been fully analyzed. At least Mills was smart enough to wait until it was actually operational before claiming it was disproving things. A lot of nuts were claiming it had disproven things starting around Christmas.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 14th September 2022 at 08:03 AM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 04:24 PM   #1337
Mike!

BLP, thirty years in the making and always just a day away.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology