IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 13th September 2022, 05:14 AM   #201
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nakani View Post
Please, ask me to clarify anything.
In the words of that famous philosopher Jerry Jeff Walker:

"Pissin' in the wind
Bettin' on our losin' friends
Makin' the same mistakes we swear we'll never make again
Pissin' in the wind
But it's blowin' on all our friends
We're gonna sit and grin and tell our grandchildren."
Old 13th September 2022, 07:21 AM   #202
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

There's not even enough here for me to form a question. Your ideas are far too vague, I don't see how any of them can be translated into quantifiable predictions, and none of it seems aimed at actually answering any real-world questions.

So what do I want you to clarify? All of it.

But I don't think that's even possible. I don't think you've thought enough about this to even begin to put your ideas into such a form.

My suggestion to you is, if you're actually interested in the subject, learn what's already out there. Because nobody ever revolutionized science without understanding what came before. So if you're actually on to something, this will help you refine your ideas. And if you're not, this will help get you back on the correct path. But right now, you know far too little about existing theories.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 07:31 AM   #203
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

OK. Please clarify anything.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 07:40 AM   #204
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

It is not printed in human.
It absolutely is. Every single thing humans have ever thought up or found out about quantum mechanics, that they have set down for other humans to see and understand, has been set down in human languages by humans for humans.
Old 13th September 2022, 07:44 AM   #205
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

I am still waiting for an opposing view, we have made fun of my vocabulary, my improper use of terms, etc.. but still no problems with my ideas.

Other than, they are too ridiculous even to read, let alone consider. For reasons only privy to elite physicists.
I am not a physicist, let alone an elite physicist, but even I understand why your "ideas" are too ridiculous to consider.

Expanding the topic of your musings to include buffalo was ridiculous, but less ridiculous than what you were going on about before, and your buffalo nonsense had the virtue of being funny.

I wanted people interested in Physics to read my post, think about what I mean, question my ideas and point out my mistakes.
Go back to what you wrote just one hour before you started to talk about buffalo, which was unadulterated nonsense.

Here are just a few of the howlers in that one post:

I think that equation is used to describe the difficulties of measurement. On the left side are representations of uncertainty, not an amount of energy or length of time. Also, it would have to be written <= instead of >= to limit a time variable in the way you describe.

....snip....

Looking into it, this 'Ass' theory is a gaping mess.

Math equations, equate quantum mechanics, they do not explain or cause it. These virtual(near) particles are something, coming from something. If space were a vast singular expanse of empty, what could they be? Before you say fields, I will ask what a field would be made of? A Gods feelings perhaps.

Tetrahedron tiling 3D space leave gaps. Space made with tetrahedron shaped spaces contains a bigger space instead of a smaller gap. The slightly larger spaces pull on the neighboring spaces as they shrink to the smallest size. Where opposing pulls meet, the space is momentarily stretched.

....snip....

Electrons are loops. Embedded within the tetrahedral matrix are shapes. With certain numbers of pieces, circular loops can be made. A loop is isolated with first, a rotational(like a tire) spin, then a back and forth oscillation as the one large space shifts from one side to the other. This oscillation causes the loop to twist(roll).

The rotational spin and the twisting spin combine to give an orientation(s). A directional (j)oscillation of the surrounding spaces is caused by the movement of the loop.

As the loop travels, spaces are funneled through the circle, spinning into a vortex. The spin creates a slightly larger space at the center. The opening is pulled along, creating a single long thin space in the middle of this vortex. With entangled pairs, particles created together, they are connected by this spindral. Some people think this is spooky but I would say it is pretty normal.
I'm going to stop there, because I find myself quoting almost everything you wrote despite my effort to quote only the silliest parts.

You object to "math equations", but you followed that objection with paragraphs chock full of mathematical words (which I highlighted), which you have used without any apparent understanding of what those words mean even in mathematics, let alone what those words might mean in the context of physics.

As for what you think the word "spindral" might mean, I have no idea. It appears to be a style of knitting or a "Metaverse Fashion" company. Or were you referring to an elder Sith prophet of Korriban?

Or maybe "spindral" was a misspelling of "spandrel".

In 2017, a philosopher named Alan Baker introduced the term "mathematical spandrel" to describe certain "penumbral properties" such as "the property that cicada period lengths are expressible as the sum of two perfect squares." By introducing that idea, Baker aims "to open a new front in the debate between platonism and nominalism by arguing that the degree of explanatory entanglement of mathematics in science is much more extensive than has been hitherto acknowledged."
Those who (quite reasonably) consider the debate between platonism and nominalism more interesting than Nakani's as-yet-un-peer-reviewed solution to the Theory of Everything might appreciate the following theorem of number theory.
Sum of Two Squares Theorem. An integer greater than one can be written as a sum of two squares if and only if its prime decomposition contains no factor pk, where prime p ≡ 3 (mod 4) and k is odd.
The smallest integers that can be written as the sum of two squares are
0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 25, 26, 29, 32, ...
and the count of all such integers less than n converges to
bn / (sqrt (log n))
where b ≈ 0.764223653589220662990698731250092328116790541.

Here's the connection between two of those integers (13, 17) and cicadas:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The seven periodical cicada species are so named because, in any one location, all members of the population are developmentally synchronized—they emerge as adults all at once in the same year. This periodicity is especially remarkable because their life cycles are so long—13 or 17 years. No other species of cicada in the world (among perhaps 3,000 species) synchronize their development in this way.
Thus ends my attempt to add some mathematical, scientific, and philosophical content to this thread.

Your exposition is gobbledygook because your ideas are gobbledygook.

Last edited by W.D.Clinger; 13th September 2022 at 08:14 AM. Reason: added the first two links inside spoiler
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 08:11 AM   #206
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Well, let's start with the tetrahedral matrix.

Are we to assume that all the tetrahedrons are oriented the same, or at least in some repeating pattern? (That's what a matrix would imply.) If so, why do we not observe directional aliasing effects in subatomic phenomena or even at the macro level? Such as, faster causality (a faster speed of light) or stronger forces in directions parallel to the faces of the tetrahedrons?
Old 13th September 2022, 08:49 AM   #207
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If you are buying whan the OP is selling, I have some ocean front property in Iowa you might be interested in.
Is the roller skating good there?

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 05:30 PM   #208
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
I am not a physicist, let alone an elite physicist, but even I understand why your "ideas" are too ridiculous to consider.

Expanding the topic of your musings to include buffalo was ridiculous, but less ridiculous than what you were going on about before, and your buffalo nonsense had the virtue of being funny.
Only a small portion of the universe is made of buffalo, could we focus on the rest for a while?

Quote:
Go back to what you wrote just one hour before you started to talk about buffalo, which was unadulterated nonsense.

Here are just a few of the howlers in that one post:

I'm going to stop there, because I find myself quoting almost everything you wrote despite my effort to quote only the silliest parts.

You object to "math equations",
I said equations, equate, they don't explain. I do not object to them, I just don't feel comfortable using them. How come no one has commented on my little math flex near the beginning of the reply? A few months ago I decided I better learn what all these equations mean and started paying attention to the math parts of the lectures. Turns out math is pretty cool!

Quote:
but you followed that objection with paragraphs chock full of mathematical words (which I highlighted), which you have used without any apparent understanding of what those words mean even in mathematics, let alone what those words might mean in the context of physics.
What is important is what they mean in the context of that sentence.

Quote:
As for what you think the word "spindral" might mean, I have no idea. It appears to be a style of knitting or a "Metaverse Fashion" company. Or were you referring to an elder Sith prophet of Korriban?

Or maybe "spindral" was a misspelling of "spandrel".

In 2017, a philosopher named Alan Baker introduced the term "mathematical spandrel" to describe certain "penumbral properties" such as "the property that cicada period lengths are expressible as the sum of two perfect squares." By introducing that idea, Baker aims "to open a new front in the debate between platonism and nominalism by arguing that the degree of explanatory entanglement of mathematics in science is much more extensive than has been hitherto acknowledged."
Those who (quite reasonably) consider the debate between platonism and nominalism more interesting than Nakani's as-yet-un-peer-reviewed solution to the Theory of Everything might appreciate the following theorem of number theory.
Sum of Two Squares Theorem. An integer greater than one can be written as a sum of two squares if and only if its prime decomposition contains no factor pk, where prime p ≡ 3 (mod 4) and k is odd.
The smallest integers that can be written as the sum of two squares are
0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 25, 26, 29, 32, ...
and the count of all such integers less than n converges to
bn / (sqrt (log n))
where b ≈ 0.764223653589220662990698731250092328116790541.

Here's the connection between two of those integers (13, 17) and cicadas:

Thus ends my attempt to add some mathematical, scientific, and philosophical content to this thread.

Your exposition is gobbledygook because your ideas are gobbledygook.
LOL, I forgot about 'spindral', my computer didn't like it, I meant to go back but forgot. Apparently it is a word I invented, I could swear otherwise though.

Spindral
/spind,ral/
noun

Quantum physics, a tiny tornado like structure.

Last edited by Nakani; 13th September 2022 at 05:32 PM.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2022, 07:47 PM   #209
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Only a small portion of the universe is made of buffalo, could we focus on the rest for a while?

I said equations, equate, they don't explain. I do not object to them, I just don't feel comfortable using them. How come no one has commented on my little math flex near the beginning of the reply? A few months ago I decided I better learn what all these equations mean and started paying attention to the math parts of the lectures. Turns out math is pretty cool!

What is important is what they mean in the context of that sentence.

LOL, I forgot about 'spindral', my computer didn't like it, I meant to go back but forgot. Apparently it is a word I invented, I could swear otherwise though.

Spindral
/spind,ral/
noun

Quantum physics, a tiny tornado like structure.
Might have been a good idea to do that BEFORE you embarked on your "theory".
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 06:03 PM   #210
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Well, let's start with the tetrahedral matrix.

Are we to assume that all the tetrahedrons are oriented the same, or at least in some repeating pattern? (That's what a matrix would imply.)
Yes!

Quote:
If so, why do we not observe directional aliasing effects in subatomic phenomena or even at the macro level? Such as, faster causality (a faster speed of light) or stronger forces in directions parallel to the faces of the tetrahedrons?
Keep in mind the tetrahedrons are not in a fixed position. When pushed or pulled on by neighboring spaces, they move accordingly. 'Matrix', kind of implies a framework upon which, something else happens. In this case, the matrix, is the something which happens.

Like field theory, just add energy(motion) and things appear.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2022, 06:11 PM   #211
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

I had to check this because my geometry isn't that great.

Tetrahedrons do not tesselate in 3d space.
Old 14th September 2022, 06:30 PM   #212
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post

It is necessary that they do not, for my theory to work. Somebody didn't read my posts.
Thankyou for your interest.

Last edited by Nakani; 14th September 2022 at 06:34 PM.
Old 14th September 2022, 06:32 PM   #213
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

A necessary property for my theory to work. Somebody didn't read my posts.
Thankyou for your interest though.
Your posts are incoherent.
Old 14th September 2022, 06:39 PM   #214
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Your posts are hard to follow.
ftfy
Old 14th September 2022, 06:56 PM   #215
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

This is not just hard to follow. This is gibberish:

Logic would dictate that solid matter does not exist, so it starts with nothing. This nothing though, is not true nothing. There is a space, still nothing but not quite.

This space is as small as can be, right next to all the other spaces. One space is the necessity for two, three and the rest. This is happening in an instant, until all the spaces are there.
Old 14th September 2022, 06:57 PM   #216
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

If the tetrahedrons in the matrix move around, why call them tetrahedrons? What exactly do they have four of?
Old 15th September 2022, 04:31 AM   #217
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker

Correct. On the other hand, alternating tetrahedra and octahedra do fill 3D space. The cube is the only Platonic solid that fills space by itself.

Fred

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 05:08 AM   #218
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

If the tetrahedrons in the matrix move around, why call them tetrahedrons? What exactly do they have four of?
This is a great question and fortunately, and thanks to my absolutely superb internet skills, I was able to answer it.

After thoroughly checking several adult oriented websites (Hint! Hint!), I have determined that the tetrahedrons who are wandering around in the Matrix are actually looking for some 'Hot Monkey Tetrahedron Love'.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 08:18 AM   #219
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

ftfy
No, you fixed it for yourself only.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 09:03 AM   #220
Nakani
Graduate Poster

They have four neighboring spaces.
Old 15th September 2022, 09:13 AM   #221
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Why is the matrix of space two-dimensional?

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2022, 10:07 AM   #222
Nakani
Graduate Poster

This is not just hard to follow. This is gibberish:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakani
Logic would dictate that solid matter does not exist, so the universe must start from nothing. This nothing though, is not true nothing. There is distance and thus a space, it is still nothing but not quite.

This space is as small as can be. One space is the necessity creates the possibility for two, three and the rest.
How about this configuration?

Quote:
This is happening in an instant, until all the spaces are there.
As for this part, It implies the 'big bang', has always been and is still happening.
Old 19th September 2022, 11:35 PM   #223
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

<Gibberish Snipped>

I feel like there might be a few questions already. If not, I'll try Magnets next.
No questions from me. So move on then. Hint: they stick together.

Old 24th September 2022, 11:22 AM   #224
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
No questions from me. So move on then. Hint: they stick together.

Unless they repel....
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th September 2022, 03:25 PM   #225
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Unless they repel....
Doesn't that depend on their sex gender?
Old 24th September 2022, 07:14 PM   #226
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Days.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology