IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th March 2022, 07:43 PM   #1
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Amateur physicist uses Aether, solves Theory of Everything, awaits peer review.

I probably could have gone pro, maybe if I hadn't fallen in with the cool crowd. I think of those days and I wouldn't mind to give high school Nakani a slap. Bohring indeed.

I never did needed that class, until I came to the JREF (You were right Mr. Martel!). In R&P, I thought I might join in on a conversation explaining the universe. I figured, I had things hashed out but the good members were kind enough let me know, I was missing a few details and I'm not Galileo.

I wouldn't mind to try again.

First things first, the obligatory anti mainstream rant.

Chasing the notion that time is a piece in the fabric of the universe is ridiculous. Mr. Einstein fell in love with time on a train, and just didn't let it go. You know how some physicists are with their theories. This simultaneously made thought experiments hip and put physics on a timeline to misunderstanding.

Due to an anomaly and a vivid imagination, time is a thing. Without us though, the cosmos doesn't care. Time can be a human tool, not a force of nature.

I know everyone is chomping at the bit for me to say the 'A' word, lets get to it. Keep in mind, this ain't yer Grandpa's stuff, this is as pure and smooth as can be. Try a whiff, it will solve all your problems.

When it comes to the universe, it is the lack of time, aka, the instant, which is the player here. A series of cascading instances, if you want to break it down, or just one if you can see that far.

Logic would dictate that solid matter does not exist, so it starts with nothing. This nothing though, is not true nothing. There is a space, still nothing but not quite.

This space is as small as can be, right next to all the other spaces. One space is the necessity for two, three and the rest. This is happening in an instant, until all the spaces are there.

If we treat the spaces like points, the first shape is triangle and the first form is tetrahedron. Space is quantified, arranged in tetrahedral matrix.

Tetrahedron don't quite fit together tiling space. This causes a shifting of the pieces, movement of space. The instant holds the size of the spaces but not the position. These movements multiply until the little storms commonly called protons and neutrons are formed.

Yadda yadda yadda, here we are.

Creation story or not, I'm proposing that the Aether is quantified space. It is pieces of the smallest space, which make all this possible.

The spaces, when pulled upon, can't separate, they are already the smallest space. Pulled in opposite directions, neighboring spaces slide in to absorb the tension.

Circular motion can disrupt space, circles and triangles don't mix well. At the center of the circle, the pieces are turned into a circular space. This abnormal space pulls the surrounding spaces in, to fill the void.

This would snap together in an instant if some how this happened in static space or the motion stopped. The circular motion holds the circle and causes a bit of a traffic jam on the way to the center. The spaces pull out from the pack, in towards the center. Spaces that become contained are cut off from the originals and disappear into a new instant.

Spaces are the same no matter what the size, the smaller pieces inside the larger become the larger(but don't add to the size). The center grows with the jams, eating at the walls, until the motion shifts to a flow spiraling towards the center. This is gravity.

As the flow filters through matter, spaces don't push 'down' on the atoms.

Each atom is a spherical system of spaces. The gravitational flow passes through matter, around the atoms. Downstream behind each atom there is what could be called an eddy but is more of an area of tension. Due to the strong resistance to separation between the pieces, matter moves in the direction of the flow, pulled along by the tension created behind the atoms.

Flowing spaces are moving tension. A direction gives the tension a structure that static spaces don't have. Matter moving through space which is not gravitating, behaves differently.

When space is moving, it pulls on the matter, when it's just matter that moves, it pulls on the spaces. Space is pushed aside by the atom and comes back when it passes. Tension on the opposite side of travel is still there but the static spaces offer little resistance.

Resistance from static spaces does increase with speed. As speed increases, the disturbance of spaces grows. Matter pulls against the resistance to separate until the sort is completed.

When it comes to Planets vs. the Aether, the pieces of outer space don't encounter the planet itself. Gravitating space is already flowing through the matter and extends out around the planet. The pieces of space in a planets path, only interact with the gravitational flow and magnetic field, not the matter it is made of.

I feel like there might be a few questions already. If not, I'll try Magnets next.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2022, 08:32 PM   #2
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nakani View Post
I probably could have gone pro,
No, you could not have.

Quote:
It’s really not obligatory, and you aren’t doing yourself any favors with it. It doesn’t help explain your own ideas.

Quote:
If we treat the spaces like points, the first shape is triangle and the first form is tetrahedron. Space is quantified, arranged in tetrahedral matrix.
Off to a bad start. The word you want there is not “quantified” (which just means measured) but “quantized”. That you don’t even know the proper vocabulary for your own ideas is a very, very bad sign.

And nothing in the rest of your post helps dispel that negative impression. I’m not really interested in digging into your “theory” to see what’s wrong with it, because you have failed already on a far more basic level. Current theories of physics work well. You can argue that they are wrong, and maybe they are, but they are still accurate for a lot of conditions.

If you want to supplant current theories with something else, you need to do two things: first, show that the new theory can get the same correct results as current theory, and two, show that it gets DIFFERENT results for something that current theory either hasn’t tested yet or gets wrong. And this has to be done with quantifiable (correct usage of the words) and testable predictions.

You have not attempted to do either of these things. Until you do, no one will take you seriously.

Quote:
I feel like there might be a few questions already. If not, I'll try Magnets next.
I suppose that can’t be any worse than Insane Clown Posse.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2022, 09:05 PM   #3
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

So who is this amateur scientist who has solved the theory of everything?

Is there a place where this theory is put forth in a language that can be understood?

By the way, though you might chomp at the bit, the horses whose action gave rise to the expression champed. If you chomp you tend to break teeth.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2022, 11:18 PM   #4
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I probably could have gone pro, maybe if I hadn't fallen in with the cool crowd. I think of those days and I wouldn't mind to give high school Nakani a slap. Bohring indeed.

I never did needed that class, until I came to the JREF (You were right Mr. Martel!). In R&P, I thought I might join in on a conversation explaining the universe. I figured, I had things hashed out but the good members were kind enough let me know, I was missing a few details and I'm not Galileo.

Chasing the notion that time is a piece in the fabric of the universe is ridiculous. Mr. Einstein fell in love with time on a train, and just didn't let it go. You know how some physicists are with their theories. This simultaneously made thought experiments hip and put physics on a timeline to misunderstanding.

Due to an anomaly and a vivid imagination, time is a thing. Without us though, the cosmos doesn't care. Time can be a human tool, not a force of nature.

I know everyone is chomping at the bit for me to say the 'A' word, lets get to it. Keep in mind, this ain't yer Grandpa's stuff, this is as pure and smooth as can be. Try a whiff, it will solve all your problems.

When it comes to the universe, it is the lack of time, aka, the instant, which is the player here. A series of cascading instances, if you want to break it down, or just one if you can see that far.

Logic would dictate that solid matter does not exist, so it starts with nothing. This nothing though, is not true nothing. There is a space, still nothing but not quite.

This space is as small as can be, right next to all the other spaces. One space is the necessity for two, three and the rest. This is happening in an instant, until all the spaces are there.

Tetrahedron don't quite fit together tiling space. This causes a shifting of the pieces, movement of space. The instant holds the size of the spaces but not the position. These movements multiply until the little storms commonly called protons and neutrons are formed.

Creation story or not, I'm proposing that the Aether is quantified space. It is pieces of the smallest space, which make all this possible.

The spaces, when pulled upon, can't separate, they are already the smallest space. Pulled in opposite directions, neighboring spaces slide in to absorb the tension.

Circular motion can disrupt space, circles and triangles don't mix well. At the center of the circle, the pieces are turned into a circular space. This abnormal space pulls the surrounding spaces in, to fill the void.

This would snap together in an instant if some how this happened in static space or the motion stopped. The circular motion holds the circle and causes a bit of a traffic jam on the way to the center. The spaces pull out from the pack, in towards the center. Spaces that become contained are cut off from the originals and disappear into a new instant.

Spaces are the same no matter what the size, the smaller pieces inside the larger become the larger(but don't add to the size). The center grows with the jams, eating at the walls, until the motion shifts to a flow spiraling towards the center. This is gravity.

Each atom is a spherical system of spaces. The gravitational flow passes through matter, around the atoms. Downstream behind each atom there is what could be called an eddy but is more of an area of tension. Due to the strong resistance to separation between the pieces, matter moves in the direction of the flow, pulled along by the tension created behind the atoms.

Flowing spaces are moving tension. A direction gives the tension a structure that static spaces don't have. Matter moving through space which is not gravitating, behaves differently.

When space is moving, it pulls on the matter, when it's just matter that moves, it pulls on the spaces. Space is pushed aside by the atom and comes back when it passes. Tension on the opposite side of travel is still there but the static spaces offer little resistance.

Resistance from static spaces does increase with speed. As speed increases, the disturbance of spaces grows. Matter pulls against the resistance to separate until the sort is completed.

When it comes to Planets vs. the Aether, the pieces of outer space don't encounter the planet itself. Gravitating space is already flowing through the matter and extends out around the planet. The pieces of space in a planets path, only interact with the gravitational flow and magnetic field, not the matter it is made of.

You been playing with philosophy essay generators?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 12:42 AM   #5
Mike Helland
Master Poster

Just to give a different type of response...

... a physicist with claims of new knowledge is in many ways a secular prophet. They claim to have something to tell us about the world. And they gain our confidence by making predictions that turn out to be true.

As it turns out, quantitative predictions inspire the most confidence, and pretty much differentiate "science" from "not science".

So I recognize your claims as to how nature works. Do you have any quantitative predictions to inspire our confidence in your claims?
Mike Helland is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 06:49 AM   #6
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Small mercies: at least we got some spaces and paragraphs with the word salad...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 07:06 AM   #7
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Lotsa words
No math
Instafail
Old 20th March 2022, 09:04 AM   #8
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Lotsa words
No math
Instafail
That was my reaction, too.

Nakani, do the math and get your theory published in a high impact journal, and then maybe we can talk. Well, not me specifically; the math required to solve even special relativity is beyond me. But at least then you'd have the ear of the world's physics community instead of simply posting a bunch of words to some forsaken backwater forum on the web.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 09:15 AM   #9
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I'll bow to Professor Wheeler

'Time is nature's way to keep everything from happening all at once.“ — John Archibald Wheeler (1990)

Old 20th March 2022, 12:26 PM   #10
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

<Bollocksnip>
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 01:02 PM   #11
Mojo
Mostly harmless

I feel like there might be a few questions already.

Just one from me: what testable predictions does your theory make?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 01:05 PM   #12
catsmate
No longer the 1

Drivel.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 01:40 PM   #13
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

This was your one thousandth post. Is this really how you wanted to celebrate?
Old 20th March 2022, 01:44 PM   #14
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

At times that brilliant philosopher, Shakespeare, is the only response:

"a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by
(well, you know ), full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
Old 20th March 2022, 04:56 PM   #15
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
No, you could not have.
That's what they told me in high school.

Quote:
It’s really not obligatory, and you aren’t doing yourself any favors with it. It doesn’t help explain your own ideas.
I was establishing what disagree with. I am not a fan of any theory that involves spacetime.

Quote:
Off to a bad start. The word you want there is not “quantified” (which just means measured) but “quantized”. That you don’t even know the proper vocabulary for your own ideas is a very, very bad sign.
If you're just correcting my grammar, I would say I'm of to a good start.

Thank-you, I did not know that.

Quote:
And nothing in the rest of your post helps dispel that negative impression. I’m not really interested in digging into your “theory” to see what’s wrong with it, because you have failed already on a far more basic level. Current theories of physics work well. You can argue that they are wrong, and maybe they are, but they are still accurate for a lot of conditions.

If you want to supplant current theories with something else, you need to do two things: first, show that the new theory can get the same correct results as current theory, and two, show that it gets DIFFERENT results for something that current theory either hasn’t tested yet or gets wrong. And this has to be done with quantifiable (correct usage of the words) and testable predictions.

You have not attempted to do either of these things. Until you do, no one will take you seriously.
I am not trying to replace any thing, I want to connect special relativity to general relativity.

I'm not saying anything discovered or measured so far is wrong, I just feel trying to work time into the equation is an unnecessary complication.

Quote:
I suppose that can’t be any worse than Insane Clown Posse.
Magnets were the hardest thing to see. I thought I had it figured many times.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 05:06 PM   #16
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
So who is this amateur scientist who has solved the theory of everything?

Is there a place where this theory is put forth in a language that can be understood?
In my head it is easy to understand, translation to words is difficult.
Old 20th March 2022, 05:32 PM   #17
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Mike Helland View Post
Just to give a different type of response...
Thanks

Quote:
.. a physicist with claims of new knowledge is in many ways a secular prophet. They claim to have something to tell us about the world. And they gain our confidence by making predictions that turn out to be true.

As it turns out, quantitative predictions inspire the most confidence, and pretty much differentiate "science" from "not science".

So I recognize your claims as to how nature works. Do you have any quantitative predictions to inspire our confidence in your claims?
No, I most certainly do not.
Old 20th March 2022, 05:40 PM   #18
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Lotsa words
No math
Instafail
What's wrong with words? They make up the language I feel most comfortable using.
Old 20th March 2022, 05:46 PM   #19
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Drivel.
Besides a lack of math, why?
Old 20th March 2022, 05:47 PM   #20
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

What's wrong with words? They make up the language I feel most comfortable using.
Words are not enough when it comes to physics. Mathematical proofs and observational evidence are required! You have neither!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 05:51 PM   #21
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

If words are your one and only jam, you should not be trying to reconcile quantum mechanics with anything.

And considering the number of words expended explaining this kind of thing, it raises the question of whether words are even your jam.

It's hard to imagine having no clue about quantum mechanics trying to update quantum mechanics, but here we are. Best bet? Just abandon this thread.
Old 20th March 2022, 05:52 PM   #22
slyjoe
Illuminator

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Words are not enough when it comes to physics. Mathematical proofs and observational evidence are required! You have neither!
As I used to tell my engineers, English is a lousy design language.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 06:12 PM   #23
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Well that did not go as expected. I had hoped someone would find a hole in my logic. I guess I will keep on going through the list. Tomorrow I can post more.
Old 20th March 2022, 06:19 PM   #24
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Well that did not go as expected. I had hoped someone would find a hole in my logic. I guess I will keep on going through the list. Tomorrow I can post more.
Can't poke holes in logic if there's no logic to poke holes in.

Are you pretending to be ignorant? Or are you pretending your audience is ignorant?
Old 20th March 2022, 06:33 PM   #25
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

What does your theory explain that is not explained by current theory? How can we test it?
Old 20th March 2022, 07:37 PM   #26
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Who are the peers doing the review? Is this the article submitted for review?
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 07:38 PM   #27
Little 10 Toes
Master Poster

..snip...

Logic would dictate that solid matter does not exist, .. snip...
The screen proves that your logic is wrong.
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 08:37 PM   #28
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
The screen proves that your logic is wrong.
What you quoted was in the context of, 'in the beginning'. My universe doesn't start with a tiny ball of stuff.

Pieces of space are in a sense solid, they resist compression but it is their organized motion which makes my screen.

Testable experiment,

If the spaces could not be slightly compressed the speed of light would be instant.
Old 20th March 2022, 08:51 PM   #29
Nakani
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Who are the peers doing the review?
Everyone who has posted so far.

Quote:
Is this the article submitted for review?
"Article", come on, I'm blushing. Maybe a poorly structured essay at best.
Old 20th March 2022, 08:56 PM   #30
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Everyone who has posted so far.
Ah, I see, you're not serious about this.

"Article", come on, I'm blushing. Maybe a poorly structured essay at best.
I'm glad you said so, saving me the trouble.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2022, 11:50 PM   #31
Mojo
Mostly harmless

... a physicist with claims of new knowledge is in many ways a secular prophet. They claim to have something to tell us about the world. And they gain our confidence by making predictions that turn out to be true.

50 points!

Seriously, though, that should be the end of the thread.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 12:06 AM   #32
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I had hoped someone would find a hole in my logic.
OK.

Quote:
How does logic dictate this? Explain your reasoning.

Quote:
Define "as small as can be". Define "an instant". Define "all". Justify these assertions.

Quote:
Why? Explain your reasoning.

There is no logic in your OP, Nakini, just lots of unsupported assertions.
Old 21st March 2022, 04:52 AM   #33
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

I probably could have gone pro, maybe if I hadn't fallen in with the cool crowd. ... snipped for brevity ...

... snipped for brevity ...

If you actually want to be taken seriously, then I suggest that you start by showing that this "Aether" of yours is actually a real thing as opposed to simply stating that this "Aether" of yours is a real thing.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 05:20 AM   #34
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Well that did not go as expected. I had hoped someone would find a hole in my logic.
Other than it being a classic example of the bare assertion fallacy, there isn't substance to have holes in.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 05:22 AM   #35
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

So when you described your claims as "solves the theory of everything," that was basically a lie in that you haven't actually solved any theory of anything.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 05:36 AM   #36
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

I am not trying to replace any thing, I want to connect special relativity to general relativity.
Special relativity is a special case of general relativity. The connection between special relativity and general relativity is therefore obvious to anyone who understands the relevant mathematics.

Do you have any quantitative predictions to inspire our confidence in your claims?

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Are you pretending to be ignorant?
The evidence presented in this thread thus far does not suggest Nakani is pretending.
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 05:46 AM   #37
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
50 points!

Seriously, though, that should be the end of the thread.
It's a damn sight more than 50 points: I gave up counting somewhere around the 200 mark...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2022, 06:42 AM   #38
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

That's what they told me in high school.
While here is what, at least some, actual pros say about the quantization of spacetime now.

Loop quantum gravity

I was establishing what disagree with. I am not a fan of any theory that involves spacetime.
And yet your own assertion involve space combined with time. Are you claiming if your assertions actually constituted a theory you would not be a "fan" of it? How then would you go about refuting it?

If you're just correcting my grammar, I would say I'm of to a good start.

Thank-you, I did not know that.

I'm not saying anything discovered or measured so far is wrong, I just feel trying to work time into the equation is an unnecessary complication.
As an "unnecessary complication" would imply that you are saying it was wrong. Yet you go on and on in your own assertions about space moving, flowing, under tension, being contained and disappearing, pulling, pushing and even being static. All aspects of your consideration of space with time. You seem much more of a de-facto fan of spacetime then you claim.

Magnets were the hardest thing to see. I thought I had it figured many times.
And yet as part of the electromagnetic force now combined in electroweak theory with the weak nuclear force, itself being a remnant of strong nuclear interactions, thereby combining those three forces in a unified theory. Known as Quantum field theory, which is a Gauge theory.

Electroweak interaction

Quantum field theory

Gauge theory

The pros had that figured out long ago. You're as far from being a pro as myself but you don't even seem to be much of an informed amateur. The loop quantum gravity mentioned above is an attempt to quantify spacetime similar to the quantization of the fields in quantum field theory.
Old 21st March 2022, 07:02 AM   #39
erlando
Master Poster

Special relativity is a special case of general relativity. They are intrinsically connected. Surely you would know this?
Old 21st March 2022, 08:27 AM   #40
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Originally Posted by erlando View Post
Special relativity is a special case of general relativity. They are intrinsically connected. Surely you would know this?
But he's going to do it without all those tricksy hard sums'n'complicated number thingies! So it'll be better!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology