ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 29th April 2017, 03:08 AM   #1361
Jimmy9
Scholar

The more I see, the more I question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8eb0ehfBE
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2017, 03:22 AM   #1362
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Jimmy9 View Post
The more I see, the more I question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8eb0ehfBE
kudos to the director for thinking of filling the room/hanger/studio with loads of smoke from a smoke machine

(on a side note Also people really need to start learning about headwear.

That surf helmet he is wearing offers almost no protection - in fact, if you look inside one they have a disclaimer stating so, usually saying something like ' this fashion accessory in no way protects the user from injury ' )
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th April 2017, 06:59 AM   #1363
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by esspee View Post
Don't worry.

I'm still laughing.

And the inverse after your repeated failures to produce anything to show the fly board was fake. The saga continues.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd May 2017, 03:14 PM   #1364
esspee
black goo

wrong post

Last edited by esspee; 3rd May 2017 at 03:17 PM.
esspee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2017, 11:06 AM   #1365
esspee
black goo

oh my!

So excited.

Franky is allowed to fly again.

from frankies facebook, translated

"I'm happy to announce that we have taken up the flights with the board flyboard ® air on some airports in the region, in compliance with the regulations. The work done by the company Zapata as well as by the different french authorities allows us to believe in our chances of other areas of work including above the water. This will allow us to finalize certain tests impossible to achieve above the ground. He is sure that we do not, unfortunately, the same freedom that during the first tests flyboard ® air but we remain more than positive and are pleased to be able to stay in France with the strong desire to make progress on innovation in our country.
I would like to personally thank the various services of the state that contributed to the recovery of the tests, Mr the sub-prefect of istres, the dgac, the dsac and especially mr dumont for his involvement and his help more than precious. Thank you, Mayor of sausset-Les-pins, Mr Diard, who has always believed in our project and who supports us with conviction.
Thanks also to the airfield of avignon and the salon-Eyguières to greet us in ideal conditions in order to move forward on the research and development of the plank flyboard ® air. Finally, I would like to thank especially the iea who accompanies us since the beginning in the achievement of the necessary files to obtaining the authorizations and who have highlighted all the potential of the machine. Their advice have allowed us to move forward in good conditions with all the necessary information.
It is thanks to your support to all, to individuals and competent services that I can today continue to develop the activity of the company and steal! So once again a big thank you for your mobilization!"

Videos to come i guess.

god damn it - i am tied into a contract for a few months - otherwise i would be relocating to one of those airfields asap.

Any readers here near to either airfield mentioned?

Last edited by esspee; 11th May 2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 17th May 2017, 01:37 PM   #1366
esspee
black goo

welcome to more reality. or if you are the 1% of the 1%,crazy like me, more of the same old same old editing

okay - maybe i am the only person left on earth that thinks the flyboard air is fake, but if just one person out there shares my view and finds this post, this whole thread will have been worth it.

however here is some new videos released after the ban was lifted. The ban was lifted btw in France. The videos BTW are in 'the usa'.

1. https://www.facebook.com/mary.damico...6675196914855/

2. https://www.facebook.com/nicolas.riu...4973652848612/

Last edited by esspee; 17th May 2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 17th May 2017, 01:45 PM   #1367
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
welcome to more reality. or if you are the 1% of the 1%,crazy like me, more of the same old same old editing

okay - maybe i am the only person left on earth that thinks the flyboard air is fake, but if just one person out there shares my view and finds this post, this whole thread will have been worth it.
I thought you were getting better, now back to this?

No. Even if 10 people agree with you, it does not make this thread worth it. Not by a long shot.

Although, wouldn't it just twist your nipples to have the hoax revealed, yet still not be able to collect that $600
Old 17th May 2017, 02:04 PM   #1368
esspee
black goo

i am willing to entertain that i am suffering form some kind of delusion of psychological effect whereby this looks fake to me.

But the second video....does it really look real to anyone here.

Like really - serious question. Does it look real to you? Really?

man i just see it as so fake. like i do not know how anyone couls see this and still think its legit, other than that my perception is so far off that i am like nuts basically.

Last edited by esspee; 17th May 2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 17th May 2017, 02:16 PM   #1369
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

i am willing to entertain that i am suffering form some kind of delusion of psychological effect whereby this looks fake to me.

But the second video....does it really look real to anyone here.

Like really - serious question. Does it look real to you? Really?

man i just see it as so fake. like i do not know how anyone couls see this and still think its legit, other than that my perception is so far off that i am like nuts basically.
Yeah, I see what you're talking about...

1) 9 Minute unedited / single take video;
2) Close and long views removing any doubt about off screen assistance;

At this point, I'd say it's a problem with the viewer of your screen.
Old 17th May 2017, 02:32 PM   #1370
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post

my investigation has been so thorough as to have included that possibility as one of the main or most likely explanations for a while.

But i have not been able to disprove my perception with any truly concrete evidence.

i am therefore left with the choice - 1. back my own crazy? 2. Back everyone else's crazy?

I back myself.

i see this flight as pure bs.

could i be wrong? yes.

But i see what i see. And in the absence of any true solid evidence ini opposition of that - it makes LOGICAL sense to back myself and my own perception.
Old 17th May 2017, 02:48 PM   #1371
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post

did you not watch it from 6 minutes til the end? you really see that as real?

my god.

well....one of us is nuts, that is for sure. At least that is clear.
Old 17th May 2017, 02:51 PM   #1372
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Don't be dramatic. Nobody has to be crazy. You could simply be mistaken, or not know what you're talking about. Those have proven useful explanations in the past for your findings. Rampant question-begging, drag-queen level dramatics, and frantic reversals of the burden of proof have not proven useful investigative techniques.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2017, 03:08 PM   #1373
esspee
black goo

okay JAY - time to put it on the line. This latest video has given me teh confidence i should have always had on this issue, and for which i was wrong to have allowed myself to have been shaken from so many times. That being that.

I have not been wrong in my suspicions. I now FULLY trust my perception in the case of these images, and that in the case of the Flyboard air i am 100~% STATING as absolute fact, as i see it, that this flyboard air nonsense is a hoax, is cgi/compositeimage/occasional wirework bs.

i have moved several times in my % of doubt

but today i say this

99.99% fake 0.01% real

I truly can not for the life of me imagine how none of you see that after this latest video

i was truly considering accepting a job offer that i got very close to one of the airports they have said that they can now fly from - i won't be bothering with that now
Old 17th May 2017, 04:04 PM   #1374
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Now with bold text, Who will be the first to the nibble the bait?

Will anyone give his youtube channel more views?

The answer to this and more on the next chilling episode.
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2017, 05:06 PM   #1375
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

i was truly considering accepting a job offer that i got very close to one of the airports they have said that they can now fly from - i won't be bothering with that now

Speaking of fake...
Old 17th May 2017, 05:32 PM   #1376
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Espee, you are WAY too emotionally invested in this. Take a deep breath.
Old 17th May 2017, 06:20 PM   #1377
Hans
Philosopher

:
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 08:41 AM   #1378
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

okay JAY - time to put it on the line. This latest video has given me teh confidence i should have always had on this issue, and for which i was wrong to have allowed myself to have been shaken from so many times. That being that.

I have not been wrong in my suspicions. I now FULLY trust my perception in the case of these images, and that in the case of the Flyboard air i am 100~% STATING as absolute fact, as i see it, that this flyboard air nonsense is a hoax, is cgi/compositeimage/occasional wirework bs.

but today i say this

99.99% fake 0.01% real

I truly can not for the life of me imagine how none of you see that after this latest video

Enreddening by me.

Care to make another wager? 99.99 to .01 seems a bit outrageous, how about we stick to 20 to 1 this time, but reversed?

Your $600 against my $30? I know a charity that can use the funds (again).

Put up or...
Old 18th May 2017, 11:20 AM   #1379
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I now FULLY trust my perception in the case of these images...
Prove it. Take the offered wager.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 11:40 AM   #1380
bytewizard
Graduate Poster

but today i say this

99.99% fake 0.01% real

How does CGI work through two independent cell phone cameras? Can I produce fake video like that on my Samsung? When was invisible wire developed and what is it attached to? How much money is paid to these bystanders to stare up into the blank sky, all in unison?
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 01:27 PM   #1381
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The kangaroo punch video is also still a fake.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=314727
Old 18th May 2017, 05:04 PM   #1382
RussDill
Philosopher

It must be very comfortable for you to return to trusting your instincts again rather then having to analyze facts. Maybe even a bit of an endorphin hit. Kind of strange that you expect some kind of credit or reward for intellectual laziness.
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 06:23 AM   #1383
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
It must be very comfortable for you to return to trusting your instincts again rather then having to analyze facts. Maybe even a bit of an endorphin hit. Kind of strange that you expect some kind of credit or reward for intellectual laziness.
Well, He can still elicit replies, He kept this thread from dipping too low with his "accidental post" and even after that with no interest he had to resort to turning the key on this clanging monkey of a thread.
Old 19th May 2017, 09:04 AM   #1384
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

The Greater Fool has proposed a method by which esspee can demonstrate he's serious and not just trolling for attention.
Old 19th May 2017, 10:08 AM   #1385
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
The Greater Fool has proposed a method by which esspee can demonstrate he's serious and not just trolling for attention.

No, the Greater Fool has proposed a method that I can not take part in.

As a rule I do not make bets I could not cover if I lost.

Last edited by esspee; 19th May 2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 19th May 2017, 10:12 AM   #1386
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The kangaroo punch video is also still a fake.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=314727
I stand by that claim.
Old 19th May 2017, 10:14 AM   #1387
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

No, the Greater Fool has proposed a method that I can not take part in.

But it is a sure thing!

99.99% is more sure than I am about most things in my daily life.
Old 19th May 2017, 11:54 AM   #1388
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Given what you told us about your confidence in your methods, what fear do you have of losing?
Old 19th May 2017, 12:05 PM   #1389
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Sometimes there is a need just to remain the center of attention. I am referring, of course, to Flyboard's repeated demonstration flights and the the release of the associated video.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 02:25 PM   #1390
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Sometimes there is a need just to remain the center of attention. I am referring, of course, to Flyboard's repeated demonstration flights and the the release of the associated video.

yes indeed - and regarding the flyboard air - holiday/watersports season is just about to kick off.

So the videos will be flying out in number to help him drum up business for his product (water flyboard and chain of franchisees/licencees owner operators)

Expect wilder and more extravagant flights to come soon. This is just the beginning,
Magic Flying Stool Video season has officially opened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyABRBzWvJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_Wf-Jm1Mg

Last edited by esspee; 19th May 2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 19th May 2017, 02:31 PM   #1391
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I'm curious, As an experiment, No one should reply after me.

I wonder how many times espee will self-bump the thread.
Old 20th May 2017, 12:28 AM   #1392
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
I'm curious, As an experiment, No one should reply after me.

I wonder how many times espee will self-bump the thread.

i'll make you a deal - i won't needlessly bump this thread

except for this one time to share this - http://riverscenemagazine.com/story/...-thompson-bay/

(the last photo is by far my favorite )

unless I am in a current conversation with someone on the thread (or replying to a question posed directly to me) or have some absolutely huge and necessary news to share in the development of this magic flying stool (such as two appearing at once, or someone proving it is fake etc) then i will not bump this thread anymore

i have a feeling this thread will be fairly busy and tick along nicely all by itself now. ( on youtube, interest in my flyboard videos has been increasing, make of that what you will )

Last edited by esspee; 20th May 2017 at 12:43 AM.
Old 21st May 2017, 01:09 PM   #1393
smartcooky
Philosopher

You are an odd bird esspee. You reiterate your unfounded assertion that Flyboard Air is a fake and then post more evidence that it is real.

Personally, I think you are a shill for Franky.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2017, 10:03 PM   #1394
Jimmy9
Scholar

"Flyboard Air takes Havasu by surprise"

http://www.havasunews.com/news/flybo...aa9a1f401.html

A dust storm cancelled the Thursday show, so they got up bright in early the next morning for a 6:30 am showing. Sounds legit.
Jimmy9 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:26 AM   #1395
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by Jimmy9 View Post
"Flyboard Air takes Havasu by surprise"

http://www.havasunews.com/news/flybo...aa9a1f401.html

A dust storm cancelled the Thursday show, so they got up bright in early the next morning for a 6:30 am showing. Sounds legit.

yes just like the other (possible) faked flying machines( which i think are actually have the same hoaxers behind them.)

early flights and remote flights are key.
Ideally early flights in remote controlled locations.

the JB-10 likes to do his flights super early in the morning with pretty much no witnesses ( like the one in NY, like the one in London)

the Real Life Iron Man Richard Browning - recently did a 'demo' at a tech speaking event. Did his demo so early in the morning that pretty much no one in his speaking audience at the event had seen it- as the person who introduced clearly referenced

yep - when you come at these things from a perspective of doubt and suspicion, suddenly many details jump out as

'not sounding legit'

My personal favorite passage in the article was (unabridged)

"Rius said. Zapata is currently working with the United States Army. Although the details are classified, Zapata said the plans are to get the Flyboard Air available for combat soldiers.

The 37-year-old self-made inventor has no educational background in engineering or any related fields, which adds to the excitement of seeing a new contraption around town, Josh Arthur said."

Last edited by esspee; 22nd May 2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old 22nd May 2017, 03:12 AM   #1396
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Ah, so that's how they do it. Remote controlled locations.

When the flyboard seems to fly upward, the location is actually moving downward instead. When the flyboard seems to be going north, it's actually the location moving south. When the flyboard seems to tilt and turn, it's actually the location tilting and turning the opposite way.

And all by remote control. That's clever, and makes sense. You wouldn't want to be standing on the ground you were raising, lowering, panning, tilting, and rotating. You'd want to be controlling it from a safe distance away.

Now we just have to figure out how they keep the water in place when moving the location around like that.
Old 22nd May 2017, 05:04 AM   #1397
jadebox
Graduate Poster

early flights and remote flights are key.
Of course, the Wright Brothers always started their test flights late in the afternoon in the middle of a populated city. That's the best time and place for flying an experimental aircraft. You don't want to be bothered by daylight and a lack of things to run into!

(Seriously, the Flyboard has been demonstrated at different times of the day and in places that are hard to describe as "remote.")

-- Roger
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:30 AM   #1398
esspee
black goo

Originally Posted by jadebox View Post
Of course, the Wright Brothers always started their test flights late in the afternoon in the middle of a populated city. That's the best time and place for flying an experimental aircraft. You don't want to be bothered by daylight and a lack of things to run into!

(Seriously, the Flyboard has been demonstrated at different times of the day and in places that are hard to describe as "remote.")

-- Roger

i am refering to promotional flights.

eg - JB-10 If you travel with your aircraft and support crew to NY from California to fly at 5:30 am out in the middle of the hudson to produce a viral video with teh Statue of Liberty in the backdrop, that does not count as a test flight.
JB-10 you manage to cut through all the red tape to fly in london, you choose the dockyards a 6;00 am and do not inform any press about it.that does not count as a test flight

Flyboard air - doing a 'show' at 630am in what looks like an out of season lake resort.
Did anyone watch the video? Did anyone see how fast he was flying over solid ground? solid ground.

I suppose you all think he could stop and perform a controlled decent on the remaining engines if there was an issue while he was travelling and turning so banked. I suppose you all think he is just a bit wild and has immense trust in his device, that is why he chose solid ground to fly over in this latest video.

Here is the progression
- flying over water
- add more jets, flys faster and more dynamically over water
- tentatively does ONE flight flying over solid ground ( at night, in a tight supposedly crowded area full of hazards - i know it is tight, I have been there)
- back to flying over water pulling some impossible looking angles
- then 2 and a 1/2 months of no testing at all due to 'ban'.
- straight back into it with massivley aggressive flying, over solid ground, landing and taking off over solid ground, next to trees, for absoulutley no reason.

The beach is a hundred meters away and they could just as easily launch from next to the water.

Please note that all this is done in the middle of [snip] nowhere at some out of season lake resort. And at 6:30 am too.

Heaps of unnecessary risk for almost no reward. As per usual just too much unlikely details to swallow.

If you think all of the above sounds like real life and the behavior of a real life inventor with investors and a whole company behind him and who is a parent and a husband then....well....good for you.

And i am not saying such people do not take risks - of course they do. But for actual reasons and actual rewards.

And with a certain level of caution.

in the light of that flight and those details, i do not understand why more people are not scratching there heads.

Whats great is, as i hoped, it looks like they are just going to keep upping the ante with the flights. And eventually it will get to teh point even people here will have to admit its not real.

he might have to land on the moon before that happens, but if the progression continues, hey...don't rule it out......

Edited by Agatha:  Edited for rule 10. If you must swear in your posts in the public sections of the forum, please type all words out in full and correctly spelled so that the autocensor can catch them.

Last edited by Agatha; 26th May 2017 at 05:19 AM.
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:44 AM   #1399
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

...I do not understand why more people are not scratching there heads.
Because, as usual, you bring nothing to the table but your fanciful, ignorant expectations for how you would have done it differently.
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:16 AM   #1400
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

i am refering to promotional flights.

eg - JB-10 If you travel with your aircraft and support crew to NY from California to fly at 5:30 am out in the middle of the hudson to produce a viral video with teh Statue of Liberty in the backdrop, that does not count as a test flight.
JB-10 you manage to cut through all the red tape to fly in london, you choose the dockyards a 6;00 am and do not inform any press about it.that does not count as a test flight
To quote you when other brought up other devices:
This is the wrong thread.
<snip>
This unfocused thread needs all the focus it can maintain.
Flyboard air - doing a 'show' at 630am in what looks like an out of season lake resort.

<snip>

Please note that all this is done in the middle of [snip] nowhere at some out of season lake resort. And at 6:30 am too.
You would be wrong. March to September is prime boating in the area. 2-3 Weeks ago was a jet ski competition. There are events and competitions all through that period. Contrary to rational thought, it gets more crowded on the lake the hotter it gets. Go figure.

I'd wager that Zapata had a contract to fly, and since the 'real' event was blown out, it was done the next morning before the wind picked up again (which is not unusual for the area).

As to the rest... You are simply reverting to the same nonsense you pulled last year.

Again, put your money were your mouth is.

Last edited by zooterkin; 26th May 2017 at 06:16 AM.
The Greater Fool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories