ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags fox news , obituaries , Roger Ailes

Old 18th May 2017, 05:50 AM   #1
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Roger Ailes dead

Can this be true ?

Quote:
Fox News founder and ex-chairman Roger Ailes has died aged 77, US media report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39963887
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 05:52 AM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
wow.

That was possibly the only thing that could get Fox to talk about something besides Trump...
Old 18th May 2017, 05:54 AM   #3
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Naturally I feel sorry for his wife and family who are doubtless devastated by his death.

His legacy will live on in terms of the public's willingness to embrace fake news, sign up to conspiracy theories and live within an echo chamber

IMO someone who definitely made the world a worse place....
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 06:08 AM   #4
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!

Last edited by NoahFence; 18th May 2017 at 06:22 AM.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 06:51 AM   #5
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

I assume that since he left FoxNews the supply of virgin's blood was cut off.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:07 AM   #6
Argumemnon
World Maker

Oh, look. One fewer ******* on the face of the planet.
Old 18th May 2017, 07:08 AM   #7
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

He owed me money.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:09 AM   #8
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I'm sure someone out there cares, and to those persons (that person?) I'd like to offer my condolences.

Beyond that? I don't really care. Buh-bye.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:16 AM   #9
Stacko
Philosopher

skirts at Fox News today will be lowered to half-mast
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:20 AM   #10
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
This is why I still love humanity and the internet.
Old 18th May 2017, 07:23 AM   #11
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I'm sure someone out there cares, and to those persons (that person?) I'd like to offer my condolences.

Beyond that? I don't really care. Buh-bye.
http://deadline.com/2017/05/sean-han...fe-1202097099/
Originally Posted by Hannity
“Today America lost one of its great patriotic warriors, Roger Ailees,” Hannity said. “For decades Ailes has impacted American politics and media. He has dramatically and forever changed the political and the media landscape single-handedly for the better. Neither will ever be the same again as he was a true American original.”
Oh, be quiet.

Tom McGuane
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:27 AM   #12
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

He's with Jesus now.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:28 AM   #13
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by marplots View Post
He's with Jesus now.
He moved to Mexico?
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:35 AM   #14
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Noted without grief.
Old 18th May 2017, 07:42 AM   #15
Argumemnon
World Maker

Noted with joy.
Old 18th May 2017, 07:46 AM   #16
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!
QFT
Old 18th May 2017, 07:50 AM   #17
Stacko
Philosopher

If only the evil that men did died with them.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 07:52 AM   #18
Argumemnon
World Maker

Yeah but to be fair, the good that men do would have to die with them as well, and that'd be tragic.
Old 18th May 2017, 08:56 AM   #19
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Fake news.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 08:57 AM   #20
Newtons Bit
Philosopher

Naturally I feel sorry for his wife and family who are doubtless devastated by his death.

His legacy will live on in terms of the public's willingness to embrace fake news, sign up to conspiracy theories and live within an echo chamber

I think the corporate culture of sexual harassment will overshadow all of that...
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:12 AM   #21
carlvs
Critical Thinker

I believe that was the point this Slate columnist was making in his piece today:

Quote:
...Ailes leaves behind one of the largest legacies of any media figure of the past century: He made our country nastier, stupider, cruder, and more bigoted. Even as the memory of Ailes the man fades, we will always be able to look back on what he built...
carlvs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:32 AM   #22
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

Like Tony "Weapons of Mass Destruction in 45 minutes!" Blair?
Old 18th May 2017, 09:33 AM   #23
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

He also realized there was a market for a news channel that chose different stories to harp on all day, all week long. That's the real bias.

That so few of you choose to recognize this in other channels like CNN shows you have some learnin' to do.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:40 AM   #24
CORed
Philosopher

He owed me money.
Send a bill to the executor of his estate. You might get paid.

Yes, I know you're joking.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:42 AM   #25
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
He also realized there was a market for a news channel that chose different stories to harp on all day, all week long. That's the real bias.

That so few of you choose to recognize this in other channels like CNN shows you have some learnin' to do.

Evidence we don't recognize it?
Old 18th May 2017, 09:44 AM   #26
CORed
Philosopher

He's with Jesus now.
I would guess 8th circle of hell (fraud) or second circle (lust). He seems to qualify for more than one, and I'm not sure what the rules of precedence are.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:47 AM   #27
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Wow! Ailes died, how very remarkable.

I guess Dorthy finally got close enough to throw a bucket of water on Roger.

Maybe that is why I keep hearing:

"Ding! Dong! The witch is dead!

Ding! Dong! The wicked witch is dead!"

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 09:51 AM   #28
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Send a bill to the executor of his estate. You might get paid.

Yes, I know you're joking.
I was, but now I'm wondering if your idea might actually work. Something minimal, say $50 for something or other.
Old 18th May 2017, 09:54 AM   #29
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

If one has nothing good to say about the recently deceased, then say nothing.

Nothing.

"Shemp, you are the one fixed point in an ever-changing universe." - Beady

I hate Illinois Nazis.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:11 AM   #30
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

My first thought was "The world is a better place". Does that make me a bad person?
Old 18th May 2017, 10:34 AM   #31
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I greet the passing of Ailes with all the grief I have for the demise of a skunk. I take that back. I have more sympathy for a dead skunk.
But I am saving my real rejoicing for when Ailes boss, Rupert Murdoch, kicks the bucket.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:36 AM   #32
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Wow! Ailes died, how very remarkable.

I guess Dorthy finally got close enough to throw a bucket of water on Roger.

Maybe that is why I keep hearing:

"Ding! Dong! The witch is dead!

Ding! Dong! The wicked witch is dead!"
I am saving that for when Rupert sheds his mortal coil.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:37 AM   #33
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It's not that Ailes started a network with a conservative viewpoint, I have no problem with that. It's the tone that he adapted:One of nonstop viscous attacks on his foes and borderline racism. That is along way from arguing the merits of the free market and limited government.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 18th May 2017, 10:39 AM   #34
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I greet the passing of Ailes with all the grief I have for the demise of a skunk. I take that back. I have more sympathy for a dead skunk.
But I am saving my real rejoicing for when Ailes boss, Rupert Murdoch, kicks the bucket.
Amen to that.
Old 18th May 2017, 10:53 AM   #35
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!
The compassion of the left, good job kiddo!

Its of course not surprising the hatred spewed from almost everyone of these posts because of politics. This is a great example of why this will all end in the street someday.
logger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:54 AM   #36
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Maybe by then Dorthy will have an extra house to drop on to Rupert.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 10:55 AM   #37
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

In reaction to Hannity's gushing remembrance:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (53.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 18th May 2017, 11:39 AM   #38
deadrose
Master Poster

I can't muster up a scintilla of sadness about Ailes' death. Coming just after a deep personal loss, and at about the same times as Chris Cornell, Ailes rates as a big fat nothing on my list.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th May 2017, 12:04 PM   #39
Argumemnon
World Maker

It looks like spent skin, so seeing him shed it like a snake wouldn't surprise me.
Old 18th May 2017, 12:05 PM   #40
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by logger View Post
The compassion of the left, good job kiddo!
What does one have to do with the other? How can you be compassionate with the dead? What does Noah's reaction have to do with "the left"? Can you go a single day without mentioning "the left" in your posts?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events