ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th May 2017, 11:16 AM   #1
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Small church pastor rips big time evangelist to shreds

An old high school classmate, who is now a minister shared this on facebook:
https://revolsen.com/2017/05/17/an-o...church-pastor/
It's an open letter from a small church paster to Franklin Graham, one of the big-time TV evangelists. This paragraph is just a sample.
Quote:
I have to say, though, that I was a little confused by your summons. Of all the things that worry me, loss of religious freedom for Christians in America isnít one of them. I canít say I have ever experienced anything in this country that could reasonably be called a restriction on my religious liberty, much less persecution. When you started talking about attacks on Christianity, I thought you might have been referring to the racially motivated slaying of pastors and lay people at Mother Emmanuel church in Charlotte some time back. Or I figured you were referring to the slaughter of Coptic Christians in Egypt this past Palm Sunday. Thatís what I call persecution. But having to pay a judgment for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex couple in violation of the law against discrimination? This you call persecution?
I recommend reading the entire letter.

I might have still believed in god if this guy was my pastor when I was young.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 11:34 AM   #2
sts60
Master Poster

I'm glad to read that letter. It's a refreshing antidote to the whiff of treason and brimstone I smell when I read or see Graham, Falwell, etc. talking.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy