ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Den Hollander , Epstein conspiracies , Esther Salas , Jeffrey Epstein , shooting incidents

Reply
Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM   #161
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,920
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Nice dodging "elaborate," and your version of motive has no facts in evidence.
As of the time of the murder it was a salient issue. Your claim that I just it up is patently untrue.

Quote:
Can't make this up! #DeutscheBank executive who signed off on $2 B of #Trump loans committed suicide. His wife died of unknown cause. Judge #Salas son is killed & killer with #russian past commits suicide!Face screaming in fear
#WTP2020 #wtpTEAM #wtpEBRC #onev1 #wtpSenate


https://twitter.com/CallingSpade/sta...343937536?s=20


Quote:
ARMA will find those who sponsored this professional hit #Salas
https://twitter.com/574Tribes/status...407752705?s=20
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #162
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Tweets from random Twitter accounts are now evidence? Christ, that would be like citing posts from a troll on a board like 8chan/kun...
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM   #163
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,920
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
Tweets from random Twitter accounts are now evidence? Christ, that would be like citing posts from a troll on a board like 8chan/kun...
There won't be any evidence as the case is closed. Suicide-homicide. End of.

You won't find any evidence in a chat forum, I'm afraid, it would need to go to court for it to be weighed up.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #164
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
There won't be any evidence as the case is closed. Suicide-homicide. End of.

You won't find any evidence in a chat forum, I'm afraid, it would need to go to court for it to be weighed up.
Do you not know what "evidence" is? Is that what's causing you all this difficulty?

No, evidence doesn't only exist when it is offered in a court. If that was true, there would be no evidence that I am currently chewing Trident gum. However, if someone called upon me to prove that I was doing so, I could show them the gum in my mouth and the package in which the gum was previously kept before chewing. Even in a month, after chewing all the gum and throwing away the package, I could still provide at least circumstantial evidence that I was chewing Trident gum in that I have an itemized receipt from when it was purchased.

What I would not offer as evidence of my claim is a tweet from some random slob on the Internet that says gum was found in a local garbage dump.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM   #165
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Planning a calculated cold blooded murder based purely on ideology and 'nothing personal' I would say that is an act of great deliberation.
You said it was an "elaborate plot involving costume", that was what the post you're responding to was addressing. Whether it involved deliberation or not was not under discussion. You're not addressing what was actually written.

Getting your hands on a FedEx uniform does not involved anything elaborate.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #166
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,145
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I can say that because the title of the topic is: 'Judge's son gunned down, hitman found dead in car', therefore, I can proceed to discuss it.
What are you talking about? I never said what you could or couldn't discuss. Did you respond to the wrong post or soemthing?

Quote:
As of the time of the murder there were concerns.
Murder is generally a concerning issue. I don't think that's controversial.

Quote:
You can wait until Fox News or Murdoch newspapers explains it to you and avoid forums (look up the meaning of the word 'forum') or you can discuss issues that interest you here.
I don't read any newspapers and I don't watch Fox News. I know what the word 'forum' means. I have genuinely no idea what you're getting at here.

Quote:
Fact is, this guy was connected to Russian intelligence and the Judge had just been appointed to oversee the Deutsche Bank case.
You said he was involved in "semi-espionage", was probably involved in espionage, was involved in setting up intelligence systems for the Russians and was possibly working as a double agent. You also said you're only reporting what the media is reporting. You're not reporting what the media is saying, you're making fantastical extrapolations based upon his resume on his website.

Where did the media report that he was involved in semi-espionage or espionage? What's the evidence that he was working as a double agent? Where did the media report that he worked setting up intelligence systems for the Russians?
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM   #167
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,858
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Rubbish.
Rubbish yerself. You are making a stupid game out of the murder of someone so that you can spout some batcrap loony conspiracy theory - a complete fantasy that exists only in your head, and the heads of other tinfoil hat wearers.

You're just like those who claim Sandy Hook, the Boston Marathon bombing and other terrorist attacks were all faked, and that the dead and wounded are all "vicsims" - showing a total lack of empathy for the families of those whose lives were cut short. You disgust me.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Virtue signalling noted.
It is not "virtue signalling" to empathize with the family murder victims!
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; Yesterday at 03:11 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM   #168
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,527
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
There won't be any evidence as the case is closed. Suicide-homicide. End of.

You won't find any evidence in a chat forum, I'm afraid, it would need to go to court for it to be weighed up.
Has the possibility that the FBI and the Marshals checked known associates, phone records, the murder's activities for the days leading up to the event and found he acted alone? It's just possible that the Justice Department is too busy to be bothered with the crank lobby and don't feel the need explain themselves to those who would make a game of Clue out of a horrible murder.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #169
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Has the possibility that the FBI and the Marshals checked known associates, phone records, the murder's activities for the days leading up to the event and found he acted alone? It's just possible that the Justice Department is too busy to be bothered with the crank lobby and don't feel the need explain themselves to those who would make a game of Clue out of a horrible murder.
A game of Clue has actual goals that players are trying to complete. Conspiracy theorists have no goals. They're just in it to spray their feces everywhere and then lament how crappy the world is.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #170
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,527
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
A game of Clue has actual goals that players are trying to complete. Conspiracy theorists have no goals. They're just in it to spray their feces everywhere and then lament how crappy the world is.
I take your point. I was just looking for something new after I'd used a line about her belief that the world is organized like it's a summer action thriller a few times.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #171
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,903
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I take your point. I was just looking for something new after I'd used a line about her belief that the world is organized like it's a summer action thriller a few times.
What, you think I would've posted the first sentence if I didn't have something scatological queued up?
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #172
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,858
Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
A game of Clue has actual goals that players are trying to complete. Conspiracy theorists have no goals. They're just in it to spray their feces everywhere and then lament how crappy the world is.

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution"
- Jay "Utah" Windley
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:04 AM   #173
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,920
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Rubbish yerself. You are making a stupid game out of the murder of someone so that you can spout some batcrap loony conspiracy theory - a complete fantasy that exists only in your head, and the heads of other tinfoil hat wearers.

You're just like those who claim Sandy Hook, the Boston Marathon bombing and other terrorist attacks were all faked, and that the dead and wounded are all "vicsims" - showing a total lack of empathy for the families of those whose lives were cut short. You disgust me.



It is not "virtue signalling" to empathize with the family murder victims!
This was originally posted in social and current affairs so have a go at the person who moved it to conspiracy theory.

Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon faked? I have never claimed anything of the sort. I am an independent thinker so your attempt to lump me in with some arbitrary group is laughable.

The claim that you especially empathise with the Salas family and I do not is so insincere. It is a pathetic argument and I am surprised at you.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #174
Jim_MDP
Philosopher
 
Jim_MDP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: N.Cal/S.Or
Posts: 7,290
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This was originally posted in social and current affairs so have a go at the person who moved it to conspiracy theory.



Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon faked? I have never claimed anything of the sort. I am an independent thinker so your attempt to lump me in with some arbitrary group is laughable.



The claim that you especially empathise with the Salas family and I do not is so insincere. It is a pathetic argument and I am surprised at you.
You went full "grassy knoll" in the Opening post... don't blame anyone else for the move.
__________________
----------------------
Anything goes in the Goblin hut... anything.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:56 AM   #175
RedStapler
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 424
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post

Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon faked? I have never claimed anything of the sort. I am an independent thinker so your attempt to lump me in with some arbitrary group is laughable.
You don't believe in 2 specific Cts? What about all the other ones?
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #176
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing
 
Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Suomi
Posts: 18,920
Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
You don't believe in 2 specific Cts? What about all the other ones?
Taking an interest in current affairs is not conspiracy theory. I have always been interested in True Crime and so-called 'mysteries'. You can call it conspiracy theory, I call it getting to the bottom of events which are ipso facto not in pllain sight, being as they are criminal and by nature furtive, hidden and evasive. You are quite welcome to wait and see what Fox News or Murdoch newspapers have to say about anything and I am perfectly entitled to make my own enquiries and do my own research as I see fit. I saw one of the twin towers seeming to implode live with my own eyes so I see nothing untoward in discussing why it looked that way. If you hate so-called conspiracy theory as you claim such curiosity is, then you are not obliged to partake of any debate in these matters.

If you believe I have acted inappropriately then provide specific examples of it or click the little triangle in the left hand side to complain if as you claim it breaches all kinds of ethics and offends your sensibilities.


In the meantime, I shall carry on taking an interest in this particular crime.
__________________
Blott en dag, ett ögonblick i sänder,

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!

Last edited by Vixen; Today at 01:40 AM. Reason: To protect privacy
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:48 AM   #177
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,858
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This was originally posted in social and current affairs so have a go at the person who moved it to conspiracy theory.
It got moved to where it belonged, in with all the other loony CT stuff on this forum.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon faked? I have never claimed anything of the sort.
I never said you did, What is DID say was that your spouting of this nonsense (to wit "Ex-Russian agent murdered Judge's son") puts you, as far as I am concerned, in with the same bunch of CT loonies.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I am an independent thinker.
Bwahahaha!!!



Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
The claim that you especially empathise with the Salas family and I do not is so insincere. It is a pathetic argument and I am surprised at you.
Why are you touting CT crap then?
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #178
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 20,527
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
This was originally posted in social and current affairs so have a go at the person who moved it to conspiracy theory.

Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon faked? I have never claimed anything of the sort. I am an independent thinker so your attempt to lump me in with some arbitrary group is laughable.

The claim that you especially empathise with the Salas family and I do not is so insincere. It is a pathetic argument and I am surprised at you.
I'm sorry, but do you seriously consider what you do to be thought? Really? I mean, I suppose that from a purely neurological sense it qualifies. From academically and philosophically what you're doing can hardly be considered worthy of being called thought.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:50 AM   #179
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 14,858
Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
You don't believe in 2 specific Cts? What about all the other ones?
Yup... "body of work" is an actual thing here!!
__________________
"Woke" is a pejorative term used by racists, homophobes and misogynists to describe people who possess a fully functional moral compass.

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:15 AM   #180
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,507
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Taking an interest in current affairs is not conspiracy theory. I have always been interested in True Crime and so-called 'mysteries'. You can call it conspiracy theory, I call it getting to the bottom of events which are ipso facto not in pllain sight, being as they are criminal and by nature furtive, hidden and evasive.
You can call it that. I call it making stuff up on the fly.
Can you name any particular event that your technique of concocting wild fantasies has got you to the bottom of?

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You are quite welcome to wait and see what Fox News or Murdoch newspapers have to say about anything
This is your new thing for the day, presumably. Three times posted, and probably not the last. It would perhaps work better (i.e. at all) if anyone here with the exception of Bubba, was actually reliant on Fox News or the Murdoch press for all of their information.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
and I am perfectly entitled to make my own enquiries and do my own research as I see fit.
Baseless speculation is not research.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I saw one of the twin towers seeming to implode live with my own eyes so I see nothing untoward in discussing why it looked that way.
And here's a perfect example. Is this what you call research? Did you follow up this impression with any more research, or is that it?

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
If you hate so-called conspiracy theory as you claim such curiosity is, then you are not obliged to partake of any debate in these matters.

If you believe I have acted inappropriately then provide specific examples of it or click the little triangle in the left hand side to complain if as you claim it breaches all kinds of ethics and offends your sensibilities.
Strawman, strawman, strawman.

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
In the meantime, I shall carry on taking an interest in this particular crime.
Your breathless fantasies about Mafia hitmen and Russian agents are certainly of interest.
Their value as fact-finding endeavours is less certain.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.