ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #1201
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Trump claiming it could take years to get a "true" election result - i.e. one where he wins.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ballots-nevada

I've mentioned this before:

Trump will not accept defeat.
He's got 3 months.
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #1202
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
He's too lazy to bite.
Even lazy animals are dangerous when they're rabid.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM   #1203
dmaker
Graduate Poster

NY AG James to make major national announcement tomorrow at 11:30 AM.

I wonder what this could be about?

https://twitter.com/stephengandel/st...50085326278657
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM   #1204
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post

I hope it's a new flavor of Doritos! I remember the excitement when Cool Ranch came out, and haven't experienced that kind of snack-based thrill since.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #1205
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
So, apparently "ObamaBiden" is his new meme.
Br’er Joe: “Please don’t throw me into the Obama patch!”

Last edited by Regnad Kcin; Yesterday at 08:06 PM.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #1206
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post

https://twitter.com/stephengandel/st...50085326278657
It's probably about Amazon.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #1207
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

He's too lazy to bite.
Iím at the point that Iíd rather have the bite than listen to him go on and on about ferocious the bite is going to be.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #1208
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
There was a scary part to the Swan interview, too. It illustrated how trump is so rabidly fixated on China in a way that is very likely to destabilize international relations and world peace for years to come. Not that trump would understand that. While other presidents were attending foreign relations seminars this lunatic was probably watching Rambo movies. Spliced down to only the 'good parts.'

Why is it so important to trump -- as the American president -- that China (on the off-chance this is fact) had it's worst economic year since 1953 (?) and he takes credit? It's a very powerful nation. Why taunt them? What is that supposed to gain? Is he so stupid he doesn't realize the Chinese are going to read that statement, too.
Yes, he is that stupid. In fact, he is too stupid to understand that
China owns about 20% of US Treasury instruments. Trump can trash-talk the Chinese all he wants, but we make huge interest payments to them.

And Trump asserting that we will remember things for a long time. Really?
Yeah, the electorate forgets political stuff from last week. And Trump canít even remember what he said yesterday.
[
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #1209
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
I'm puzzled by the polls:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Trump has gained half a percent. A bit more for likely voters.
Sympathy for president hounded by press?
And, I thought everybody knew who they are going to vote for. The question is approve or not approve. Why would you change your vote on that?
Me too. What in the world has Trump done in the past few weeks to make his approval rating go up? I just don't get it.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM   #1210
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
You may even ask them to draw a clock or memorize a few words?
In the USA, it's called a rooster.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #1211
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump tweets

Sally Yates has zero credibility. She was a part of the greatest political crime of the Century, and ObamaBiden knew EVERYTHING! Sally Yates leaked the General Flynn conversation? Ask her under oath. Republicans should start playing the Democrats game!
Why is he talking about Yates now? She hasn't been in the news for months (years?)?

It does make quite a contrast. Yates is everything Trump is not. Night and day. She's the definition of a class act while he is .....

Oh, never mind. You know.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #1212
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
There was a scary part to the Swan interview, too. It illustrated how trump is so rabidly fixated on China in a way that is very likely to destabilize international relations and world peace for years to come. Not that trump would understand that. While other presidents were attending foreign relations seminars this lunatic was probably watching Rambo movies. Spliced down to only the 'good parts.'

Why is it so important to trump -- as the American president -- that China (on the off-chance this is fact) had it's worst economic year since 1953 (?) and he takes credit? It's a very powerful nation. Why taunt them? What is that supposed to gain? Is he so stupid he doesn't realize the Chinese are going to read that statement, too.

He also clings doggedly to the fiction that his tariffs produce revenue from China. Tariffs raise the price of products and the buyers, in this case American companies and consumers, pay the tab. (On this I wonder if he truly DOES NOT understand how tariffs work. That administration officials may have tried to explain it to him but trump refused to listen. It's the old, 'Ignorance is bliss,' syndrome. My speculation is based on comments I've read from people who served in trump's administration. One comment I read recently was along the lines of, "You cannot imagine how difficult it is to explain something to trump when it's something trump doesn't want to know. It's just absolutely impossible to get through to him.")

* - Rev dot com seems like a pretty junky site but is the only one I have found with a quotable transcript of the Swan interview. Be forewarned, if you follow the link you may have a 'Get your coupon' ad popup and then it's very hard to go back to the interview without starting all over.
He's focused on China as a personal scapegoat, the thing for Trump to blame for Trump's failures.

As long as he can blame China he can protect his fragile ego.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #1213
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Why is he talking about Yates now? She hasn't been in the news for months (years?)?

It does make quite a contrast. Yates is everything Trump is not. Night and day. She's the definition of a class act while he is .....

She was just called as a witness before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Lindsay Graham is on a mission to prove the investigation into the Trump camp for connections to Russia was some sort of CT against Trump.

It was hard to watch because Yates had horrible audio and the Republicans kept interrupting her answers. I kept having to mute it and just read the closed captions.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM   #1214
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Hell, Krusty the Clown looks like a class act when he is standing next to President Trump.
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #1215
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
Ghislaine Maxwell?
That the Manhattan DA subpoenaed Trump's financial records from Deutsche Bank and got them, perhaps?

To poke a bit elsewhere...

Trump's latest ad has doctored images--and mocks Biden for praying

Err... I want to come up with a witty rejoinder, but I'm at a bit of a loss. Evangelicals are unlikely to be particularly swayed, after all, and Trump/Republicans lying brazenly is pretty much the usual. It's still outrageous.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #1216
llwyd
Muse

Me too. What in the world has Trump done in the past few weeks to make his approval rating go up? I just don't get it.
I have noticed that too - maybe Portland, maybe demon sperm, who can tell. The world is upside down, and will remain as long as he has above 20% approval rating. The USA is seriously weakened as an international actor as long as about 40% of the electorate remains deranged and anti-empirical and catered for by a corrupt and extremist major party which doesn't care about hostile foreign interference, and basically welcomes it.
llwyd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #1217
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

He's too lazy to bite.
I heard that mistake was once made by a Big Mac.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:09 AM   #1218
Ethan Thane Athen
Master Poster

Heís virtually neck and neck with Biden in the latest (Harris?) poll and ahead of him with white voters. It also seemed to say that he was also ahead with those with over 4 years college education which I find particularly surprising as I thought that was always the opposite way round...

If this poll is even remotely accurate then America is ******.
Ethan Thane Athen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:52 AM   #1219
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

To poke in the direction of some of the usual line of developments in WTF is wrong with the Trump Administration -

'Nobody can find them': Trump administration has been expelling migrant kids without a trace, advocates say

Quote:
But Lomi Kriel reports in The Texas Tribune and ProPublica that this criminal administration has been expelling these young asylum-seekers in far more terrifying secrecy—and outright cruelty—than previously known.

“Under this new policy, the administration is not deporting children—a proceeding based on years of established law that requires a formal hearing in immigration court,” she writes. “It is instead expelling them—without a judge’s ruling and after only a cursory government screening and no access to social workers or lawyers, sometimes not even their family, while in U.S. custody.” Because these kids aren’t even assigned identifying information after they’re taken into custody, advocates say they’re now “virtually impossible” to locate after being expelled.

“Between April and June, Customs and Border Protection officials encountered 3,379 unaccompanied minors at or between ports of entry,” Kriel reports. “Of those, just 162 were sent to federal shelters for immigrant children run by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, the Health and Human Services agency tasked with their care. CBP would not say whether the remaining minors had been expelled or explain what had happened to them. The precise number of children who are detained or to what situations they are returned is difficult to ascertain.”

Advocates told Kriel that they liken this process to when U.S. officials failed to properly track families they were tearing apart under the inhumane “zero tolerance” policy back in 2018. “What’s different now is that children are not entering the U.S. system for migrant children at all,” the report said. Of these expelled kids, only a few dozen have since been located by advocacy groups. “’Nobody can find them,’ said Jennifer Podkul, vice president for policy at KIND, the advocacy group,” Kriel’s report said.
This is horrifying - and those involved in creating the policy deserve serious punishment. Those carrying it out are a tougher call, but this is wrong on so many levels. It can pretty literally be said that the US government is making thousands of kids just vanish, now, after being handled by a group of people with huge numbers of abuses and illegal actions reported.

Last edited by Aridas; Today at 12:56 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #1220
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ethan Thane Athen View Post
Heís virtually neck and neck with Biden in the latest (Harris?) poll and ahead of him with white voters. It also seemed to say that he was also ahead with those with over 4 years college education which I find particularly surprising as I thought that was always the opposite way round...

If this poll is even remotely accurate then America is ******.
50% or more of the electorate are desperate to support the President because they think that it's the patriotic thing to do. President Trump keeps giving enough of them reasons to not support him that his approval is consistently around 40%.

If he manages not to do or say anything outrageous for a couple of days, people think he's pivoting to presidential (despite all the evidence to the contrary) and so his approval numbers will start to rise. Of course the bar for outrageous has also been continuously raised for the last four years or so. Something which would have been a major scandal, hardly causes a ripple these days.

I'm sticking with my (depressing) forecast that President Trump has a greater than 50% chance of reelection. Look for the grand announcement that there is a vaccine about 2 weeks before the election.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #1221
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
50% or more of the electorate are desperate to support the President because they think that it's the patriotic thing to do. President Trump keeps giving enough of them reasons to not support him that his approval is consistently around 40%.

If he manages not to do or say anything outrageous for a couple of days, people think he's pivoting to presidential (despite all the evidence to the contrary) and so his approval numbers will start to rise. Of course the bar for outrageous has also been continuously raised for the last four years or so. Something which would have been a major scandal, hardly causes a ripple these days.

I'm sticking with my (depressing) forecast that President Trump has a greater than 50% chance of reelection. Look for the grand announcement that there is a vaccine about 2 weeks before the election.
Expecting the announcement 2 weeks before the election assumes that Trump has the ability and desire to follow the recommendations of his advisors. Following recommendations requires President Trump to acknowledge that someone else knows more than Trump’s gut.
Therefore the announcement I s going to happen well before the most opportune time.

ETA
I just realized a problem with my reasoning.
It assumes that if POTUS plays the we’ve-got-a-cure card and it is shown to be a lie, then it will take 4-8 weeks for the public to build enough trust to fall for it a second (or third) time. We have fallen pretty deep down the rabbit hole. Imagine that on the Monday 6 weeks before the election Trump announces a cure, then on Friday the claim is widely accepted as false. On the very next Monday, Trump could announce a cure and be widely believed. And even if that claim could be shown to be false by the end of the week, on the following Monday, he could announce a cure and be widely believed.

Think about Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. Is there any evidence that the electorate in 2020 is smarter than Charlie Brown?

MORE ETA
To use a different metaphor, how many times can the boy cry wolf before the townspeople realize that he is lying?
What if there is no threshold and the boy can cry wolf forever and be believed every time?

Last edited by Ladewig; Today at 03:08 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:35 AM   #1222
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Tom Fitton
@TomFitton
This time, the Left wants to blow up the election -- they have set up the system to break by sending tens of millions of ballots and ballot applications into the mails. I don't who will actually win, but I fear the "vote" won't matter to the Left

Dan Bongino
@dbongino
The Yates hearing on Capitol Hill was another disaster for the police-state Democrats. It reinforced two critical things about them:
1) They worship abuses of power and political spying & have no intentions of giving either up
2) They genuinely despise this country & our rules.

Undercover Huber
@JohnWHuber
Yates clearly going for an insanity defense

Paul Sperry
@paulsperry_
How has President Trump not gone completely off the rails & ballistic by now? Everyone in Washington is against the man. Every waking hour he is taking flak & enemy fire, from all sides. Yet he hangs in there. Maintains composure. Trump must have nerves of steel. How's he do it?

BREAKING: Sally Yates testified Comey went "rogue" regarding his persecution of Flynn
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:36 AM   #1223
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Two wonderful people!
Quote Tweet

Diamond and Silkģ
@DiamondandSilk
@realDonaldTrump, we want to say Thank you for being the best President ever. Thank you for being our voice and Thank you for paving the way for all Americans to have an opportunity at obtaining the American Dream. We Love you so much more. God Bless You.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #1224
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr
It's clear that @JoeBiden's Democrat Party is the Party of shuttered churches and broken communities.
@realDonaldTrump will ALWAYS defend the FREE EXERCISE of faith.
If casinos are allowed to open at 50% capacity, churches can too.
RT if you agree!!!

Mike Pence
@Mike_Pence
Where four previous Presidents made promises to the American people about our most cherished ally.
It was President @realDonaldTrump who kept his promise when he moved the American Embassy to Jerusalem! #PromisesMadePromisesKept

The White House
@WhiteHouse
If Democrats will not make a deal, President @realDonaldTrump will pursue executive action in order to extend economic relief for the American people.

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; Today at 02:39 AM.
Old Today, 02:38 AM   #1225
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Sally Yates is either lying or grossly incompetent. It is not possible she could have known so little about Dirty Cop James Comey (and others) from her high position in the Department of “Justice”. The political Crime of the Century, and she had no idea what they were doing?
Old Today, 02:40 AM   #1226
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Why is Israel America's 'most cherished ally'?
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #1227
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
To poke in the direction of some of the usual line of developments in WTF is wrong with the Trump Administration -

'Nobody can find them': Trump administration has been expelling migrant kids without a trace, advocates say

This is horrifying - and those involved in creating the policy deserve serious punishment. Those carrying it out are a tougher call, but this is wrong on so many levels. It can pretty literally be said that the US government is making thousands of kids just vanish, now, after being handled by a group of people with huge numbers of abuses and illegal actions reported.

The problem is that one of Trumpís main campaigning points is that migrants are undesirable. Plenty of his supporters will approve of making them vanish. It could even improve his approval rating.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:46 AM   #1228
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Trump Retweeted

Tom Fitton

Dan Bongino
@dbongino
The Yates hearing on Capitol Hill was another disaster for the police-state Democrats. <snip>

Would these be the same Democrats that Trump claims want to abolish the police?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:41 AM   #1229
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

For a variety of reasons.

There are a number of fundamentalist Christians who believe that Israel is a sign of end times and supporting Israel is a means of bringing about the rapture.

Courting the Jewish community in some states is a means to improve one's chances of election in those states. Support for Israel is seen as a way to achieve that (in the same way that opposition to Cuba is seen as a surefire way to securing a section of the Hispanic vote).

Israel has been the US' most loyal ally in the Middle East over the decades.

Liberals have a complicated relationship with Israel. Unconditional support for Israel, regardless of their actions is a good way of triggering the Liberals and to cause some potentially unpopular and/or divisive views to be dragged out into the open.

President Trump only deals in superlatives. Unless they were the US' most cherished ally, they'd be the US' most implacable enemy.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:42 AM   #1230
Belz...
Fiend God

Unofficially, because if we play our cards right, the end of the world will happen and we'll all go to heaven.

Or, officially, because it's the only democracy in the middle east and they have a right to exist.

Moving on.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:58 AM   #1231
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
To use a different metaphor, how many times can the boy cry wolf before the townspeople realize that he is lying?
What if there is no threshold and the boy can cry wolf forever and be believed every time?
40% will always believe the boy, no matter how many times he cries wolf.

40% have stopped listening to the boy, realising that there'll never be a wolf.

The middle 20% are much more difficult to read, especially the 5% (or more accurately 25% of the 20%) which may be sufficient to swing the election President Trump's way.
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #1232
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Will it help that he has now come out as an anti-yosemite?
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #1233
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Would these be the same Democrats that Trump claims want to abolish the police?
Yep. The tree-hugging, pacifist wussies that are ruthless and violent...
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:27 AM   #1234
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Facebook have removed one of the Trump campaign's ads for erroneously claiming that children can't spread coronavirus to adults, and twitter have suspended their account until they remove the tweet that contains the same video.
Old Today, 04:54 AM   #1235
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post

It's not a tougher call. Precedent for how to handle "just following orders" was established at Nuremberg.
Beelzebuddy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:46 AM   #1236
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Because it's vitally important that Israel exists so it can be destroyed when Jesus returns.
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #1237
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

How can voters be sending in Ballots starting, in some cases, one month before the First Presidential Debate. Move the First Debate up. A debate, to me, is a Public Service. Joe Biden and I owe it to the American People!
Old Today, 05:58 AM   #1238
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Quote:
Trump Tweets

How can voters be sending in Ballots starting, in some cases, one month before the First Presidential Debate. Move the First Debate up. A debate, to me, is a Public Service. Joe Biden and I owe it to the American People!
Because this is America and the parties have both been campaigning nonstop since the last election. Our campaign season literally never really ends, it just ebbs and flows a little.

In sane countries where you don't hear about elections until a month or so out a complaint about people voting way early might have some validity, but nobody is really expecting any Truth Bombs to be dropped at debate.
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #1239
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

I'm pretty sure that President Trump and his immediate family aren't waiting for the debates to make up their mind which candidate to vote for.
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #1240
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Because this is America and the parties have both been campaigning nonstop since the last election. Our campaign season literally never really ends, it just ebbs and flows a little.

In sane countries where you don't hear about elections until a month or so out a complaint about people voting way early might have some validity, but nobody is really expecting any Truth Bombs to be dropped at debate.
But one of them might make a fatal mistake* or do something totally outrageous that rules them out completely**.

*For Biden: Get the 101 digit of PI wrong
*For Trump: ......

**For Biden: Wear a tan suit
**For Trump: ....

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics