IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "Daily Mail" , donald trump , General Skepticism humor , UFO sightings , ufos

Old 6th September 2018, 06:04 AM   #1
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

UFOs in Scotland...Trump golf course

There's no way the paper didn't recognize these, imo.
I guess being able to put Trump in the title was worth looking silly?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lf-course.html

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 6th September 2018 at 06:05 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 12:13 AM   #2
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

That's low quality even for the British tabloid press, hell, even for the Fail which is so bad it could taint the food if used as chip paper.

I thought at first it might have been a Grauniad typo and the headline should have read "UOF" Uninformed Orange ****-wit.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 12:37 AM   #3
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Having a combination of UFO and Trump in your headline is pretty much nothing but click bait.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 12:39 PM   #4
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

If the aliens visit the Golf Course when Trump is there, and use a mind probe on Trump, they will probably decide that Intelligent life does not exist on Earth.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 01:52 PM   #5
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If the aliens visit the Golf Course when Trump is there, and use a mind probe on Trump, they will probably decide that Intelligent life does not exist on Earth.
The evidence they'd be wrong is sorely lacking.

P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2018, 10:02 AM   #6
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Wouldn't that be like dividing by zero?
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2018, 12:28 PM   #7
P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing

Presumably if they can navigate the interstellar void they'll have sufficient accuracy to perform such a miracle...

Old 14th September 2018, 01:09 AM   #8
EHocking
Philosopher

If the aliens visit the Golf Course when Trump is there,
You would think that Trump, of all people, would have built a fence around the course to stop this sort of thing.

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2018, 01:24 AM   #9
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

At this point, it is pretty clear that Trump is an alien space-reptile.
And not one of the classy ones, either.
Old 14th September 2018, 09:12 PM   #10
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

They should use their more usual type of probe. After all, that's where he's talking from nearly all the time.
Old 16th September 2018, 10:25 AM   #11
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
They should use their more usual type of probe. After all, that's where he's talking from nearly all the time.
They'd need HMS Endoscope, as referenced in this thread

Probably mildly NSFW in more straightlaced places but with profanity masked.

Well worth a couple of minutes to read IMO

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal