ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 9th January 2020, 01:25 AM   #721
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
To quote Rush Limbaugh, “I’ve been ‘not raising pigs’ all my life! How do I get paid to not raise pigs?”
That might be complex but at least the first step is easy: Own a pig farm.

A codicil to Step 1: Know the difference between owning a pig and being a pig.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2020, 05:20 AM   #722
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
That might be complex but at least the first step is easy: Own a pig farm.

A codicil to Step 1: Know the difference between owning a pig and being a pig.
http://www.tolfa.us/arts/hogs.htm
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2020, 01:33 PM   #723
MostlyHarmless
Thinker

PPS: Would it be okay if raised a few hogs on the side? I like bacon!
Old 16th January 2020, 11:41 AM   #724
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
PPS: Would it be okay if raised a few hogs on the side? I like bacon!

Just keep them in your basement and call them "hoginos", and no one will believe they actually exist.
Old 20th January 2020, 08:42 AM   #725
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

What the heck???

Quote:
I’ve become convinced that BLP is doing weapons research and has for years now. I think the money they got from the state of New Jersey wasn’t a grant for failing businesses. I think it was a laundered payment from the US government for delivering Hydrino based weapons for use in the upcoming war with Iran.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hydrino/com...es_old/ff2rp6t

The post history spins quite the conspiracy.
Old 20th January 2020, 08:53 AM   #726
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Weaponized Hydrinos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BrilliantLi...rino_research/

And China has apparently stolen the tech.

I just. I.

I have no words.
Old 20th January 2020, 05:47 PM   #727
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

For the record my reaction is not belief that there is anything valid in Hydrino claims but being gobsmacked that people still believe this garbage enough to not only think it’s real but that it can be weaponized.
Old 20th January 2020, 06:33 PM   #728
JeanTate
Illuminator

Weaponized Hydrinos.

I just. I.

I have no words.
Close.

Mills got in touch with “the Chinese”, and told them that if they paid in Iranian oil, via a Delaware a shell company, he’d leave a backdoor in his hydrino server, and they could then “break in” and “steal” his secrets. He’d report the loss and get NSA/CIA/whatever reimbursement. Which he’d split with “the Chinese”, again in Iranian oil via a different Delaware shell company.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2020, 05:40 AM   #729
catsmate
No longer the 1

For the record my reaction is not belief that there is anything valid in Hydrino claims but being gobsmacked that people still believe this garbage enough to not only think it’s real but that it can be weaponized.
Have you heard of John Ernst Worrell Keely and his "interatomic ether" machine? A fascinating case of long term faud. He took money for over twenty years.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2020, 05:56 AM   #730
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Have you heard of John Ernst Worrell Keely and his "interatomic ether" machine? A fascinating case of long term faud. He took money for over twenty years.

Which means he's about ten years behind Mills at this point, the piker.
Old 21st January 2020, 06:47 AM   #731
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Which means he's about ten years behind Mills at this point, the piker.
Don't be too hard on Keely. He ran the con for 20 years and even manged to set up a successor to continue the con in the event of his death. The ONLY thing that foiled him was the press getting access to his laboratory and exposing the fraud. Even then the con would likely have countrified if the successor hadn't gotten cold feet after the bad press.

A similar chain of events could easily take down Mills.
Old 22nd January 2020, 03:43 AM   #732
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

The engineering problems are "largely solved"

So, while no timeline has been announced, I suppose this means that we'll see commercial units on the market some time within the next 12-18 months, right?
Old 22nd January 2020, 03:45 AM   #733
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Independent validation, carried out by an associate of Mills, apparently in Mills' lab
Old 22nd January 2020, 04:07 AM   #734
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Weaponized Hydrinos.

I just. I.

I have no words.
More: https://www.reddit.com/r/BrilliantLi...l_gun/fesl2gb/

Quote:
It’s to weaponize the reaction. It makes sense. The nuclear bomb was fully functional years before nuclear power was viable. Dr. Mills is probably going to go down that path to get government funding. A hudrino bomb would contain no nuclear material but could deliver a much bigger bang for the buck.

Think of using a rail gun as a way to make the Hydrino reaction go critical. Instead of a few thousand atoms going hydrino, which is enough to melt the reactor, a few ounces of hydrogen goes critical.

This is a bomb. Make no bones about it. This is a bomb. BLP is going to need a new acronym soon.

Dr. Mills is going to be able to deliver multi-megaton blasts comparable to current nukes for a fraction of the cost. He ALREADY has experience with destructive reactions. There’s probably very little development left needed to make a Hydrino reactor into a bomb. Speed up the reaction, increase the reaction rate (that’s what the rail gun is for) and harden the device to survive deployment into a war zone.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BrilliantLi...l_gun/feu01pg/

Quote:
You should read the book Dr. Mills wrote. Pay more attention to him than the propaganda from so-called “skeptics” attacking him. Hydrino generation happens under a wide range of natural circumstances. Generating Hydrinos is easy. Dr. Mills even described circumstances where it can happen with the hydrogen still bound in water in agitated tide pools or waterfalls. The problem is in maintaining an ongoing controlled reaction. Literally every single melted or damaged reactor is an example of this.

A good scientist like Dr. Mills knows what do do with negative results. Every failed reactor over the last 30 years provides data on how to build a Hydrino bomb.

A nuke requires refined radioactive material. It requires a carefully controlled primer detonation to force the refined nuclear material into critical mass. A Hydrino bomb requires the catalyst, which Dr. Mills has perfected, water, and a fraction of the heat needed for a nuke.

A Hydrino bomb will be cheaper to make, require no nuclear refining infrastructure, and will let us literally detonate the water supplies used by our enemies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BrilliantLi...l_gun/fesmbbd/

Quote:
See my other comment. Dr. Mills is building a Hydrino bomb. This is probably how President Trump will avoid using nukes in Iran. He’s going to use hydrino based bombs instead.

The rail gun offers another possibility. The proprietary catalyst Dr. Mills uses doesn’t need much to go off. According to the math, it should be possible to build a portable reaction initiator that can detonate a few cubic inches of water on impact. All you need is what’s essentially a large rocket and you can turn any arbitrary hunk of water into a non-radioactive “Big Boy” size detonation. At that point you don’t even need to hit the enemy warships, just the water near them.

They’ll have to put bunker-buster grade armor around every water supply in Iran!
That poster seems to relish in conspiracy theories and right-wing fantasies. If you visit his blog you'll find articles about how hydrinos prove creationism to be true, articles lauding Trump and decrying non-"real man" liberals, the dangers of Islam and Satanism, anti-LGBTQ, endorsing racism, flogging a book about how right Rush Limbaugh is, how counting tree rings is a conspiracy to hide the true young age of the Earth, and so on.

Going by some of his other posts on reddit, he may even be a self-identifying Nazi, although it's a little hard to tell whether that's supposed to be ironic or not. Mind you, he unironically endorses QAnon and being a Nazi would fit in with the far-right rhetoric, so when he claims to self-identify as a Nazi I think I'll believe him.
Old 22nd January 2020, 06:09 AM   #735
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post

So, while no timeline has been announced, I suppose this means that we'll see commercial units on the market some time within the next 12-18 months, right?
Do we have enough cycles of this now to accurately estimate the memory duration of Mills supporters?
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 06:25 AM   #736
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Do we have enough cycles of this now to accurately estimate the memory duration of Mills supporters?
I suspect Mills has had some fairly good estimates of that for a long time now. It's a crucial part of his business model.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 06:43 AM   #737
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

My guess is some of the existing donors investors have died off and Mills is gearing up to recruit a fresh batch of wealthy elderly people to give him money.

It's probably a coincidence, but the IRS has released their 2020 Mortality Tables. It would make sense for Mills to use that data as part of his planning.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 22nd January 2020 at 06:45 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:12 AM   #738
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Quote:
A Hydrino bomb will be cheaper to make, require no nuclear refining infrastructure, and will let us literally detonate the water supplies used by our enemies.

Man, that guy doesn't seem to realize that, if he's right, Mills has just made nuclear-level weapons trivially easy to make, as compared to regular nuclear weapons. This would make the post WWII arms race look like nothing.
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:32 AM   #739
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

My guess is some of the existing donors investors have died off and Mills is gearing up to recruit a fresh batch of wealthy elderly people to give him money.

I realize you are at least partially joking but I'll point out that shares don't revert to BLP when someone dies unless they are willed that way, which seems unlikely. My guess is BLP is out of shares to sell without endangering Mills majority control.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:37 AM   #740
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

I realize you are at least partially joking but I'll point out that shares don't revert to BLP when someone dies unless they are willed that way, which seems unlikely. My guess is BLP is out of shares to sell without endangering Mills majority control.

If they issue preferred stock with dividends deferred until a commercial product exists they can keep going for several more rounds.
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:56 AM   #741
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Man, that guy doesn't seem to realize that, if he's right, Mills has just made nuclear-level weapons trivially easy to make, as compared to regular nuclear weapons. This would make the post WWII arms race look like nothing.

That’s a very good point. If he were right and Mills could create a weapons grade catalyst it would be within the abilities of many others to either create their own or reverse-engineer BLP’s work, if not just steal the “secrets” from BLP!
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:01 AM   #742
optiongeek
Scholar

It's probably a coincidence, but the IRS has released their 2020 Mortality Tables. It would make sense for Mills to use that data as part of his planning.
Does is concern anyone that Prof. Randy Booker, Physics Chair at NC State - Ashville, has apparently become an active participant in Mills' fraudulent scheme? There's no way to read Booker's report without concluding that he, too, must be a knowing participant in this sham. Any NC residents here willing to call their State Representative and get Booker fired for abusing his office and aiding and abetting fraudulent physics?
optiongeek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 10:14 AM   #743
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

If they issue preferred stock with dividends deferred until a commercial product exists they can keep going for several more rounds.
I'd have to think that through to see how Mills would do that. Off the top of my head it seems preferred stock holders could be very dangerous to Mills down the road, or alternatively, those shares would have to be so restricted that they'd be more difficult to sell.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:08 AM   #744
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

That’s a very good point. If he were right and Mills could create a weapons grade catalyst it would be within the abilities of many others to either create their own or reverse-engineer BLP’s work, if not just steal the “secrets” from BLP!

And this is work that, apparently, can be done in a single, not overly large, warehouse in New Jersey. Compare that to the sorts of facilities you need to either enrich uranium* to weapons grade, or produce plutonium. The size, complexity and vulnerability to attack of such facilities is a large part of why Iran still doesn't have a nuclear weapon, and why North Korea has maybe a few dozen at most. But if Mills can produce a weapon in his one little building, with very few skilled technicians on staff, you could be doing this almost anywhere. It would take a world-wide, 1984-level police state to even begin to try to prevent this technology from being weaponized by anyone with a few million dollars to spend.

That guy on Redit has some right-wing fantasy about blowing Iran to hell with this weapon, but in reality, it'd be an absolute nightmare for everyone. Virtually any disgruntled group on the planet could create nuclear level weapons. Kiss civilization goodbye!

*And that's assuming you can even get uranium to start with!
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:20 AM   #745
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

That guy on Redit has some right-wing fantasy about blowing Iran to hell with this weapon, but in reality, it'd be an absolute nightmare for everyone. Virtually any disgruntled group on the planet could create nuclear level weapons. Kiss civilization goodbye!
I'm reminded of an old adage:

Quote:
“I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” – Commonly Attributed to Albert Einstein.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:29 AM   #746
Myriad
Hyperthetical

I look forward to years of videos of rail gun collisions of unspecified materials with unspecified parameters causing small bright noisy explosions, which we will then be very firmly assured definitely exhibited a significant excess of energy release which shows that they're very clearly well along the path to designing a revolutionary hydrino weapon with only the need for funding for more reagents/a bigger rail gun/a new improved catalyst/a magnetic confinement system/more robust test chamber/etc/etc standing in the way.
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:35 AM   #747
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by optiongeek View Post
Does is concern anyone that Prof. Randy Booker, Physics Chair at NC State - Ashville, has apparently become an active participant in Mills' fraudulent scheme? There's no way to read Booker's report without concluding that he, too, must be a knowing participant in this sham. Any NC residents here willing to call their State Representative and get Booker fired for abusing his office and aiding and abetting fraudulent physics?
His involvement isn't new FWIW.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=608
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:45 PM   #748
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
I look forward to years of videos of rail gun collisions of unspecified materials with unspecified parameters causing small bright noisy explosions, which we will then be very firmly assured definitely exhibited a significant excess of energy release which shows that they're very clearly well along the path to designing a revolutionary hydrino weapon with only the need for funding for more reagents/a bigger rail gun/a new improved catalyst/a magnetic confinement system/more robust test chamber/etc/etc standing in the way.
If these claims are true then we're all about to eat a lot of crow.
FIVE HOUR DURATION STEAM PRODUCTION RUN POWERED BY THE SUNCELL®

Quote:
The SunCell® was submersed in a 850 liter deionized water tank that was initially at room temperature. The SunCell® molten gallium internal temperature remained steady at about 350-400°C which is a typical operating temperature of a steam turbine power plant. Six water jets maintained a stable external cell temperature while avoidance of localized hot spot formation on the walls was solved using a tungsten liner. The run duration was extended to five hours while avoiding the limiting thermal tolerance of the water tank by exchanging hot water with cold deionize water from another tank. The SunCell® engineering issues are largely solved.

VALIDATION REPORT OF 300,000W OF POWER PRODUCED BY THE SUNCELL®
Quote:
Dr. Randy Booker, Physics Chairman, North Carolina State University, Ashville validated 300 kW and 200 kW of power produced by BrLP’s proprietary hydrino plasma reaction maintained in its SunCell® using water bath and molten metal bath calorimetry, respectively. Tests were performed on four-inch cubical stainless-steel plasma cells, each incorporating a 2.5-3 kg internal mass of liquid gallium which served as (i) a molten metal reservoir, (ii) acted as cathode while a tungsten electrode acted as the anode in formation and operation of the very-low voltage, high-current plasma when electrical contact was made between the electrodes by electromagnetic pump injection of the molten metal from the cathode to anode, and (iii) further served as a molten metal bath for calorimetric determination of the power balance by molten metal calorimetry. The plasma formation depended on the injection of H2/ 1% O2 fuel and HOH catalyst source at a recombiner wherein the corresponding power from the mixture’s combustion was negligible and occurred outside of the calorimeter. There was no chemical change observed in cell components as determined by energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy. Thus, the maximum excess power from conventional chemistry was zero. These results demonstrate that BrLP has advanced the SunCell® engineering to operate continuously at MW/liter power densities which has broad commercial applications as a safe, inexpensive, autonomous, 100% green power source.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 22nd January 2020 at 12:49 PM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 01:16 PM   #749
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

"avoiding the limiting thermal tolerance of the water tank"?

What? Their tank couldn't handle temperatures that had to be less than 100C if there was still water in the tank? What was it made of?
Old 22nd January 2020, 02:08 PM   #750
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by optiongeek View Post
Does is concern anyone that Prof. Randy Booker, Physics Chair at NC State - Ashville, has apparently become an active participant in Mills' fraudulent scheme?
Whether Randy Booker has fallen for Mills' obvious hydrino delusion is an open question.
It is possible that he is just a consultant doing what a "VALIDATION REPORT" suggests - validating that correct measurements are being made, advising on how to do measurements or just watching. He may treat the SunCell as a conventional power cell which it is. Run current into a cell containing silver (now gallium) and hydrogen and water until the silver (now gallium) is molten, add a water bath and you get close to a steam engine!

However Mills has used Booker before. There is another report from Booker in May 2016 on the SunCell. That may be because Booker is a Mills follower who does believe in the hydrino delusion. Both reports mention "hydrino reaction(s)" which a competent scientist would not include in a report they wrote. That indicates that Booker is a believer, just catering to his client's delusions for the money or Mills insisted on the addition. Or worse - the reports are on Mills web site so Mills could have altered them.

Last edited by Reality Check; 22nd January 2020 at 02:09 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 02:34 PM   #751
jrhowell
Muse

If these claims are true then we're all about to eat a lot of crow.
Maybe. But most likely they will eventually say that their statements were misinterpreted. It's not their fault if someone else is overly optimistic.

FIVE HOUR DURATION STEAM PRODUCTION RUN POWERED BY THE SUNCELL®

This says that steam was produced for five hours without the device destroying itself. It does not say that any hydrino reaction was occurring or that any excess energy was measured beyond what was put into the device.

This does not say over what period of time or the total energy produced. It does not say how much of this (if any) was excess energy over that needed to melt the "liquid gallium" and produce the "very-low voltage, high-current plasma". They used an odd indirect method to determine that metals were not being burned.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:25 PM   #752
SezMe
post-pre-born

The embedded picture in that piece sure convinced me.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:55 PM   #753
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

What? Their tank couldn't handle temperatures that had to be less than 100C if there was still water in the tank? What was it made of?
I was thinking more along the lines of the water boiling so they remove some of that and then add the same quantity of room temperature water.

General question is input power stated anywhere?
Old 23rd January 2020, 02:23 AM   #754
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I misread that as "Five hour duration stem production run powered by the Suncell." I wonder what kind of hydrino applications in biotechnology Mills could dream up. Given the money that's being put into stem cell research, I'm surprised he hasn't done that yet.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 02:34 AM   #755
catsmate
No longer the 1

Ice?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:11 AM   #756
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I misread that as "Five hour duration stem production run powered by the Suncell." I wonder what kind of hydrino applications in biotechnology Mills could dream up. Given the money that's being put into stem cell research, I'm surprised he hasn't done that yet.

I’m not surprised he hasn’t done that. Biotech has a whole host of regulations and inspection requirements. The folks at Theranos managed to skirt those regulations for years but it took a lot of clever dodges and knowledge of the regulations to do so. Eventually those regulations caught up with them. While Mills hasn’t managed to take in nearly as much money as Holmes, he’s been at it for far longer. He’s maintained a comfortable income for decades without having to produce anything. Actually producing some of the Hydrino compounds he’s claimed to have or saying he’s applied them to any kind of biotech research would get the notice of regulators in a way that could jeopardize his whole operation.
Old 23rd January 2020, 05:45 AM   #757
jadebox
Graduate Poster

As seen in "The Producers" :-)

... who actually produced something.
jadebox is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 08:40 AM   #758
jrhowell
Muse

Originally Posted by jadebox View Post
As seen in "The Producers" :-)

... who actually produced something.
Ah, “Springtime for Hydrinos!”
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 09:10 AM   #759
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post

This does not say over what period of time or the total energy produced. It does not say how much of this (if any) was excess energy over that needed to melt the "liquid gallium" and produce the "very-low voltage, high-current plasma". They used an odd indirect method to determine that metals were not being burned.
The energy was produced for 2 seconds.

Because they claim that nothing chemical could possibly be happening, they didn't mention the flow rate of hydrogen or oxygen (which are consumables and should be included in the energy budget, unless they have a way of recycling it). And, if nothing was burning, they should be able to run for more than 2 seconds.

I saw in an earlier report that they couldn't directly measure their current flow, because of the EM noise from the sparking of the plasma, so they used an indirect method of calibration that I wasn't convinced was accurate.

If Prof. Booker's report was valid, then Mills already has a design for a boiler. I assume he would be heating his NJ building in winter with these things. If nothing is being consumed, I assume this works for more than 2 second runs, and the hydrogen coming out could just be burned if you don't want to recycle it.
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:57 AM   #760
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

If Mills' claims are all true, then he's had a design for a boiler since the 90s.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology