ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 06:26 AM   #1601
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
But they already knew he had affairs why would this bother them?
I only said some. There has got to be a tipping point somewhere.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #1602
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
I only said some. There has got to be a tipping point somewhere.
I feel like modern partisanship borders on religious zealotry. There may not actually be any tipping point if rationality is no longer part of the picture.
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #1603
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
But they already knew he had affairs why would this bother them?
Maybe, for reasons I could not possibly defend, the base thought he gave all that up so he could be their president.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 08:44 AM   #1604
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Maybe, for reasons I could not possibly defend, the base thought he gave all that up so he could be their president.
He was never their president, at best he is his president alone - and the base is just losers who want to believe they are loved and helped by him. Boo-hoo-hoo!!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 10:32 AM   #1605
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I feel like modern partisanship borders on religious zealotry. There may not actually be any tipping point if rationality is no longer part of the picture.
For much of the Republican base, it is literally religious zealotry.
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #1606
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
I think you are mixing rational with objective standards. There are reasons the rational move is to not agree to a neutral method of arbitration.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:24 PM   #1607
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
According to Johnathan Turley, the bimbo payoffs pose a bigger legal threat than Russia. Go figure.
I figure Turley is going with information in the public-sphere. He wouldn't know what information Mueller has re money laundering, payoffs, blackmail threats of calling loans in and who knows what other campaign finance shenanigans Mueller has evidence of.
Old Today, 01:26 PM   #1608
Bob001
Philosopher

Junior goes to India to promote the family business:
Quote:
Beginning Tuesday, the junior Trump will have a full schedule of meet-and-greets with investors and business leaders throughout India where the Trump family has real estate projects — Mumbai, the New Delhi suburb of Gurgaon and the eastern city of Kolkata.

Indian newspapers have been running full-page, glossy advertisements hyping his arrival and the latest Trump Tower project under the headline: “Trump is here — Are You Invited?” The ads also invited home buyers to plunk down a booking fee (about $38,000) to “join Mr. Donald Trump Jr. for a conversation and dinner.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.1f7a6a14d8ae
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:36 PM   #1609
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Junior goes to India to promote the family business:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.1f7a6a14d8ae
The whole family is in the business of collecting for fake charities then keeping the money; and, selling the promise of influence.

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
I figure Turley is going with information in the public-sphere. He wouldn't know what information Mueller has re money laundering, payoffs, blackmail threats of calling loans in and who knows what other campaign finance shenanigans Mueller has evidence of.
Adding to this, I wonder if there aren't actual payments to the Trumps from the oligarchs the same way rich Chinese and now some wealthy Indians are likely being bilked.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; Today at 01:53 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:12 PM   #1610
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
The whole family is in the business of collecting for fake charities then keeping the money; and, selling the promise of influence.

Good thing they're being subtle about it.

Quote:

Adding to this, I wonder if there aren't actual payments to the Trumps from the oligarchs the same way rich Chinese and now some wealthy Indians are likely being bilked.

Surely that would disturb the faithful.

... nah.
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #1611
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Everyone knows this, that's why I called it a "bluff" and not a bluff.
I'm am sure Trumpf is a good bluffer,,,,,,,Oh ooopsie I meant fluffer!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics