ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 20th February 2020, 07:33 AM   #1961
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
The reasons aren't a mystery of course - Qanon is intrinsically a Trump-supporting worldview, and Trump ordered the detention of the migrant children on military bases, therefore it is good; the young migrant children are, well, law-breaking brown people, so the abuse they suffer isn't outrageous like the suffering of the white American child-victims alleged by the conspiracy theory is. Nevertheless, I find the naked hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance utterly fascinating.

There's also the problem that we saw with lots of 9/11 Truthers: Dealing with real-world problems is actually difficult. It's far easier to solve a made-up problem, since the "solution" literally doesn't matter.

Lots of 9/11 Truthers didn't like the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and they pretended to "fight GW Bush" by "exposing the inside job", which largely involved sitting at home and posting on the internet. Compare that to what it would have taken to actually limit or stop the wars they claimed to dislike: Actually motivating enough voters to oppose the war that you either get Bush et al. to change their plans, or get them voted out of office, so that a new President can stop the war.

Qanon is the same. They can sit at home and brag about how they're "saving the kids" in some fantasy camp, instead of actually trying to convince Trump to change his policies, or get ICE disbanded, or something, anything, real.

Look at Bubba above. He's all smug and satisfied with his "win" over that vague "Justice!" 'prediction'. That's literally all it takes to make him feel like he's doing something, and winning his fight. And it's literally impossible to lose, when your standards for winning are so low. It's the participation ribbon of public service, but they act like it's the gold medal.
Old 20th February 2020, 03:36 PM   #1962
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
If some terrorist finally sets off a nuke tomorrow, you're going to be in sooooooo much trouble
Nah that is how many people die on average each day in the USA and the rest of the world - the prediction comes true almost every day.

I remember a crackpot freaking out when they realized during the 8 years of the Obama Presidency that many Americans 'died on his watch', something like 21 million Americans had died during those his eight years.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 01:11 AM   #1963
Bubba
Illuminator

More wacky stuff from that internet.

I think this is about politics or something. Or corruption, maybe.

● They are going broke.
● They have no one on the inside anymore.
● We know all who are in their club.
● We have all the evidence.
● We have tons of real witnesses.
● They're out of good drugs. (So they gotta do the bad ones)
● After 4 years of 18 hour days trying to get Trump out of office, they're tired and severely fatigued. A bit insane and off balance.

I'd say GOOD JOB TEAM.

And I just covered what's on the surface of the world.

I didn't cover what's going on Underground and in Space."
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2020, 07:22 AM   #1964
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Nah that is how many people die on average each day in the USA and the rest of the world - the prediction comes true almost every day.

I remember a crackpot freaking out when they realized during the 8 years of the Obama Presidency that many Americans 'died on his watch', something like 21 million Americans had died during those his eight years.

Yes, I realized that, but the Hans Truthers who would be hounding you for the rest of your days certainly wouldn't. Even if you tried to explain the statistics to them, they'd be all, "Oh? And how exactly do YOU know all that?!?"

And if you answered "School", well, then, you're just admitting to being one of those hoighty-toighty "elites", aren't you?
Old 21st February 2020, 07:40 AM   #1965
carlitos
"más divertido"

I looked for a source for the last nonsense, and this made me giggle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tehgoogle.jpg (51.7 KB, 51 views)
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2020, 07:09 PM   #1966
Hans
Philosopher

And if you answered "School", well, then, you're just admitting to being one of those hoighty-toighty "elites", aren't you?
I actually knew that as a previous friend had Uncles and Aunts in the mortuary business.

Heck yeah I not only attended said schools I set up a dozen or so of them in the ME and even taught in or managed them. I believe that makes me a quadruple threat?

Chuckle
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 12:00 AM   #1967
Bubba
Illuminator

Finally !

You guys have been so patient, Lollipops all around !

Here she is...The Amazing Polly ! She digs deep. She comes up with the stuff you need to Know!

"The Coincidences Just Keep Coming"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlVIAuFPnI

/
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 07:40 AM   #1968
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Here she is...The Amazing Polly !
How to monetize mental illness.
Old 27th February 2020, 09:10 AM   #1969
carlitos
"más divertido"

Here's an article with podcast linked in Mother Jones, about how the fading Q conspiracy theory is mutating for the 2020 election cycle.

QAnon may be resting, but will never die
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 06:01 PM   #1970
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Here's an article with podcast linked in Mother Jones, about how the fading Q conspiracy theory is mutating for the 2020 election cycle.

QAnon may be resting, but will never die
I think it is a safe bet it will involve the Corona VIrus is some way...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2020, 08:24 PM   #1971
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think it is a safe bet it will involve the Corona VIrus is some way...
I've seen Corona compared unfavorably to horse urine on multiple occasions. Maybe Q should be looking into that.
Old 1st March 2020, 12:37 PM   #1972
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

There's also the problem that we saw with lots of 9/11 Truthers: Dealing with real-world problems is actually difficult. It's far easier to solve a made-up problem, since the "solution" literally doesn't matter.
There's also, of course, the fact that they just enjoy being contrarians. They are this edgy underground movement committed to exposing horrible things that the common rube is too naïve, ignorant, or scared to acknowledge, be it toxins in vaccines, Jewish plots, passenger planes spraying poisons, or 9/11 being an inside job.

Actual, proven events, that the boring mainstream talks about? What would be the point. No edginess points to be gained.

Back when I had Facebook, someone wrote to a particularly stubbornn antivaxxer in a skeptics group I was part of that if vaccines were actually banned, he and the other antivaxxers would be the first to turn around and defend them.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2020, 01:59 PM   #1973
Bubba
Illuminator

One morning, back in the day, all the search engines #1 result for 'Charlie Sheen' was what Sheen said the night before:

Quote:
"On Entertainment Tonite Sheen said 9/11 was an inside job"

....all but one search engine, that is. Google's top result for Charlie Sheen that morning, and for a few days, was simply the usual:

Quote:
Charlie Sheen, actor, son of Martin, bad boy, etc.

Is it correct that such a disparity in search results could be due to manual bypassing of the 'spidering' system search engines use?

?

Fast forward to today....(more stuff you need to know)

No link seen. Searching his name gets results.

Quote:
The search rank for the QAnon source data sites is very different on Google versus other search engines.

Humour me for a moment. Imagine you're from the political left, and everything you know about QAnon comes from mainstream media sources. A delinquent friend into the Q conspiracy theory sends you Trump's latest official campaign video, and once you've stopped rolling your eyes, you agree to take a look.

How odd! Someone right smack in the middle of the screen is wearing a Q-themed top. And it's at the 55 second mark, which your crazy Q friends tells you is military-speak — "5:5" — for "loud and clear". You shrug your shoulders and make a note to take a look to see what all the fuss is about.

You go to Google… and all you can find are mainstream media hit pieces on QAnon. So you give up looking further. It can't be that important. After all, it's just a debunked silly conspiracy theory, no?

This isn't a hypothetical story. Before I present you with some data on how Google is hiding the Q drop source data, here is a comment I received today:

Google is the reason it took me an extra year or two to wake up. I was searching with all the right words and ideas on Google but not receiving results. I gave up for a while but came back for more when Jeffrey Epstein was arrested in June. By June 10 I was awake.

Now, being one of those annoyingly scientific types, I am quite insistent that before I make up my mind on anything, I'll look at the source data, use diligent reasoning, and think independently. In the context of Q, the first of these would imply going to one of two popular websites that aggregate the Q drops, which are scattered around 4chan, 8chan, and 8kun.

I did a search for "qanon" and compared the rankings of qanon.pub and qmap.pub across multiple search engines.

qanon.pub search rank:
- Bing - 1
- Yahoo - 1
- Quant - 3
- DuckDuckGo - 1
- Yandex - 3
- Yippy* - 2
- Google - 100
(*IBM Watson)

qmap.pub search rank:
- Bing - 1 (as sub result)
- Yahoo - not in first 20 pages
- Quant - 4
- DuckDuckGo - 8
- Yandex - 17
- Yippy - 9
- Google - 128

There is an odd anomaly of Yahoo not listing qmap.pub, when qanon.pub is the top result. (Curiously, Twitter censors qmap.pub if you try to tweet it from their mobile client.) Whatever. The picture is beyond doubt: Google shows you the mainstream media's "official narrative", and buries the source data you need to think for yourself.

Regardless of your political outlook, this ability to "memory hole" important data is troubling. As another commenter notes (hidden behind Twitter's censorship trick of "show more results"):

Google buried Tulsi Gabbard when they wanted to silence her. She was the most googled candidate after she cut the others to ribbons in the debate. But google searches for her got buried 9 pages deep. Imagine what they're doing to the Q community searches!
Old 2nd March 2020, 02:15 PM   #1974
carlitos
"más divertido"

As always, you can partially gauge the veracity of claims like these by how well-written they are. Search engines during this time knew how to correctly spell the name of the TV program "Entertainment Tonight."

It's like when your crazy uncle Bob forwards you a chain mail about the latest health panic, and it's attributed to the "Center" "of" Disease Control or whatever. Just delete and move on with your day.

Is this a not-so-clever way to trick people into typing "Qanon" into their search engines, to test this idiot's theory? Could be.
Old 2nd March 2020, 02:21 PM   #1975
StillSleepy
Critical Thinker

Gee, I wonder if more people are suddenly going to be "interested" in Qanon, judging from the Google searches?

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2020, 05:20 PM   #1976
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Another one of those stories where someone's mad at search results, apparently not realizing they are tailored to your own habits and preferences.

Perhaps this is Google's way of telling you to stop self-radicalizing.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:33 AM   #1977
Bubba
Illuminator

Just frikkin amazing.

Google politicizes/weaponizes search results. Plus, Google, FB, youtube, twitter to are using various tactics to block/limit/silence voices whose politics they dislike.

Last edited by Bubba; 3rd March 2020 at 01:15 AM.
Old 3rd March 2020, 01:54 AM   #1978
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Just frikkin amazing.

Google politicizes/weaponizes search results. Plus, Google, FB, youtube, twitter to are using various tactics to block/limit/silence voices whose politics they dislike.
If that's what you believe -
why doesn't Trump start an investigation?
why not regulate the internet Giants?
Old 3rd March 2020, 07:52 AM   #1979
carlitos
"más divertido"

The founder of Yippy, Rich Granvile, is a Q guy who just spoke at Alex Jones' not-CPAC event along with some white nationalist morons. Maybe that's the best one to use for q people. They can search and find everything in their own little fake universe and not be troubled by accurate information getting through to them.
Old 3rd March 2020, 08:06 AM   #1980
eerok
Quixoticist

Just frikkin amazing.

Anyone who uses any of those things for news deserves what they get.
Old 3rd March 2020, 09:11 AM   #1981
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Just frikkin amazing.

I assure you their first, foremost, and nearly exclusive motivation is making the most money they can.

This will mean they fiddle with things. That may result in some form of political or social bent, but not by result of having intended to arrive at that particular point.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:56 PM   #1982
Bubba
Illuminator

Google Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
I assure you their first, foremost, and nearly exclusive motivation is making the most money they can.

This will mean they fiddle with things. That may result in some form of political or social bent, but not by result of having intended to arrive at that particular point.

Did your information sources hide something newsworthy from you?

In light of contradictory information, it seems you're a bit disinformed.

The item below tells me your sources are lying to you, by omission.

What else are they not telling you.?

I would fire your sources, if I were in your position.

This item also proves censorship by the Giants, since youTube removes this video.

FaceBook apparently would ban it as well, it being so..."not safe for the community", and all.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/...on-hidden-cam/

"...be troubled by accurate information getting through..."

Now, now...its not like that

Become actually informed for a change, when accurate information gets through to you.

Last edited by Bubba; 3rd March 2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 3rd March 2020, 01:44 PM   #1983
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

This item also proves censorship by the Giants, since youTube removes this video.

FaceBook apparently would ban it as well, it being so..."not safe for the community", and all.

Become actually informed for a change, when accurate information gets through to you.

Do not lecture me about being duped by posting a link run by cheap editing hacks.

I say that as person who has done both film production and freelance journalism, O'Keefe is a stain on those professions.
Old 3rd March 2020, 02:01 PM   #1984
Bubba
Illuminator

Okee Dokee

Yet google's political meddling shenanigans are exposed by others, including conscientious insiders .

Hiding Charlie Sheen's comment being an early sign

Okeefe's subjects dig their own holes

Last edited by Bubba; 3rd March 2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 3rd March 2020, 02:44 PM   #1985
Axxman300
Illuminator

If you don't know how to use Google that's on you.

When arguing with CT twits I usually have to wade through a sea of CT websites until I can find something not written by mentally ill alcoholics.

Plus, in the case of Sheen there's a chance his PR people reached out to Google or payed an ad firm to game the search engine to make the 911 quote drop out of view (because most 911 truthers, like Sheen, have mental issues).
Old 3rd March 2020, 11:59 PM   #1986
Bubba
Illuminator

Gymnastics much ?
Old 4th March 2020, 01:53 AM   #1987
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Calls for an end to disinformation.
Cites and links to a known disinformation site.
Classic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas
Old 4th March 2020, 08:06 AM   #1988
eerok
Quixoticist

Yes, Project Veritas is not a reliable news source.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/

Also it's well-known that Google Search attempts to personalize results based on tracking data, which is why a lot of people don't use it. (I switched to DuckDuckGo years ago, and use add-ons to prevent tracking.)

So as usual in the Q thread, nothing to see here.

Last edited by eerok; 4th March 2020 at 08:12 AM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2020, 09:17 PM   #1989
Bubba
Illuminator

From some echo chamber:

"...Project Veritas is not a reliable news source.."

It has little to do with news. Okeefe, a conservative, exposes the other guys' BS.

As I said the subjects do the talking.

Did you see the Bernie Bros doing the talking about rioting and getting guns if they dont get their way?

Of course not.
Your Fake News wont tell you..

Their ilk tell you Project Veritas is not a reliable news source.

Last edited by Bubba; 4th March 2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 4th March 2020, 10:03 PM   #1990
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Given Charlie Sheen's level of credibility, if google were censoring Sheen's statement about 9-11, that could only mean Google are pro-truther and don't want to see the movement tarnished by association with Sheen.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2020, 08:22 AM   #1991
eerok
Quixoticist

[...]
Sure, everything that's not absurd alt-right propaganda is Fake News. Like I said, nothing to see here. Just the usual vapid guff.
Old 5th March 2020, 08:28 AM   #1992
carlitos
"más divertido"

Bubba has really upped his trolling game by not linking anything. Echo chamber could be right up in his noggin, for all we know.
Old 5th March 2020, 10:09 AM   #1993
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

From some echo chamber:

"...Project Veritas is not a reliable news source.."

It has little to do with news. Okeefe, a conservative, exposes the other guys' BS.

As I said the subjects do the talking.

Did you see the Bernie Bros doing the talking about rioting and getting guns if they dont get their way?

Of course not.
Your Fake News wont tell you..

Their ilk tell you Project Veritas is not a reliable news source.
You got a whole slew of responses pointing out what was wrong with that story at the time when you initially presented it.

You can repeat yourself all you like, that doesn't compel us to repeat our responses again.

But trying to pretend we didn't look at, engage with it, and think critically about it before arriving at our conclusions about it is utter tripe.

I can go to any event dealing with any social or political issue imaginable. If there are more than 50 people there, I bet I can walk away with 5 dumb quotes in under 30 minutes. If I present those 5 dumb quotes and only those 5 dumb quotes, I can pretend like "these people are all loonies!"

This is why journalistic ethics is a thing.

Last edited by Delphic Oracle; 5th March 2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 5th March 2020, 04:16 PM   #1994
Bubba
Illuminator

Quote:
I can go to any event dealing with any social or political issue imaginable. If there are more than 50 people there, I bet I can walk away with 5 dumb quotes in under 30 minutes. .....
There you go again with the silly herrings.

Okeefe gets a google exec or a US Senator or a campaign manager on hidden camera, and you try to spin it down to some joker out of a big campaign rally.

Fail.

Quote:
..... If I present those 5 dumb quotes and only those 5 dumb quotes, I can pretend like "these people are all loonies!"

Rejected, but no offense intended.
Sincerely,
Bubba

Last edited by Bubba; 5th March 2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 5th March 2020, 04:23 PM   #1995
Bubba
Illuminator

The several goal post moving defenses seen here regarding why Google hid Sheen's 9/11 comment are failed damage control gymnastics.

The report rattles amateur statists defending censorship. Why?

Fail. Google hid Sheen's remarks. Get a grip.

Last edited by Bubba; 5th March 2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 5th March 2020, 05:02 PM   #1996
Elagabalus
Philosopher

I.
LOVE.
GOOGLE.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2020, 05:44 PM   #1997
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

There you go again with the silly herrings.

Okeefe gets a google exec or a US Senator or a campaign manager on hidden camera, and you try to spin it down to some joker out of a big campaign rally.

Fail.

Rejected, but no offense intended.
Sincerely,
Bubba
You left out the "and deceptively edits it" part. Oh, and he's a convicted criminal.
Old 6th March 2020, 01:46 AM   #1998
Bubba
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
You left out the "and deceptively edits it" part. Oh, and he's a convicted criminal.

What crime ?

Last edited by Bubba; 6th March 2020 at 01:58 AM.
Old 6th March 2020, 01:56 AM   #1999
Bubba
Illuminator

Regarding google, Zack Vorhies would surely beg to differ with the chorus here.

"Google’s Snowden", Vorhies reveals the secret political google.

He was a google exec for 8.5 yrs.

https://youtu.be/msXkupMrkZw
Old 6th March 2020, 08:12 AM   #2000
carlitos
"más divertido"

Bubba is incapable of highlighting O'Keefe's name, clicking the right mouse button and choosing "search google" for this name. Sounds legit.

What crime? Off the top of my head, breaking into the US Senate offices on false pretenses and attempting to tamper with communications equipment?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories