IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags anti-islam sentiments , Germany issues , germany politics , Nazi comparisons , Volker Kauder

Reply
Old 10th May 2012, 08:09 PM   #281
ddt
Mafia Penguin
 
ddt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 19,579
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
And his assassins used a calendar era called AUC (anno urbis conditae) which started with the foundation of the city of Rome in 753 BCE.
[nitpick]
Ab Urbe Condita
[/nitpick]

For the rest, it's amusing to see how Toontown keeps digging holes and shred his credibility, starting with pulling a definition of Islamism out of his arse, to now even not even knowing primary school stuff like which years belong to which century.
__________________
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 08:11 PM   #282
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ANTPogo View Post

I'd settle for you simply reading this book that I recommended to you earlier. I'll even send you an Amazon gift card for the full price of the Kindle version, if you'll read it. I'll even send it via email to a completely anonymous email address of your choice.

I once made Skeptic the same offer, for this book. He never even responded to my offer. What will you do, Toontown?
Tell you to get lost, of course. Your offer is condescending and insulting. You're coming across like a zombie-left propagandist out to drill a hole in the top of my head and pour indoctrination in. And you're using a flimsy-assed excuse for doing it.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 08:17 PM   #283
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ddt View Post
[nitpick]
Ab Urbe Condita
[/nitpick]

For the rest, it's amusing to see how Toontown keeps digging holes and shred his credibility, starting with pulling a definition of Islamism out of his arse, to now even not even knowing primary school stuff like which years belong to which century.
Not nearly as amusing as your pathetic eagerness to discredit me after the shellacking I've given you for your initial pathetic bullying, browbeating, and strawmanning attempts.

BTW, the highlighted lie can easily be disproven. I've just shown Angrysoba the online dictionary link. And also pointed out that you can find the link by simply cutting and pasting the entire quote into the search field.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump

Last edited by Toontown; 10th May 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 08:19 PM   #284
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed
 
Mycroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 19,822
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
That's right. People not prone to obsessive browbeating would have long since released the meatless bone of contention. It's nothing. There is nothing to it, and no rational reason to go on with it.
You know, this is not wrong.

People, is there anything to win that's worth winning in this argument?
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 08:23 PM   #285
ddt
Mafia Penguin
 
ddt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 19,579
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Not nearly as amusing as your pathetic eagerness to discredit me after the shellacking I've given you for your initial pathetic bullying, browbeating, and strawmanning attempts.
Evidence? With your entrance in this thread, you wrote some disturbing things, and for my part, you've not taken the impression you made there away.

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
BTW, the highlighted lie can easily be disproven. I've already shown Angrysoba the online dictionary link. And also pointed out that you can find the link by simply cutting and pasting the entire quote into the search field.
I see now, our posts crossed. I retract that allegation. I note though that (a) you had several days to point that out, and (b) you selectively only quoted the second meaning there. It's obvious you skipped the first meaning there to willfully misinterpret my posts.
__________________
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 08:29 PM   #286
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher
 
A'isha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,221
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Tell you to get lost, of course. Your offer is condescending and insulting. You're coming across like a zombie-left propagandist out to drill a hole in the top of my head and pour indoctrination in. And you're using a flimsy-assed excuse for doing it.
I'm offering you the most valuable gift I know, Toontown. The gift of completely free knowledge.

I believe so strongly in it that, despite your above rejection, I'm willing to offer it to you again.

I will give you, sent to a totally anonymous email address of your choice, an Amazon gift card covering the full price of a Kindle version of Dr. Ali's book. You don't have to believe it. I don't even believe it. I'm a non-Muslim atheist.

All you have to do is read it, Toontown. And maybe even learn something that doesn't even have to affect your current religious views. For free.

What do you say?
__________________
When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes - Desiderius Erasmus

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 08:31 PM   #287
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ddt View Post
Evidence? With your entrance in this thread, you wrote some disturbing things, and for my part, you've not taken the impression you made there away.
You must be very thin-skinned, unable to tolerate offenses against your stiff, inflexible ideology, and prone to want to browbeat anyone who offends your belief system.

Originally Posted by ddt View Post
I see now, our posts crossed. I retract that allegation. I note though that (a) you had several days to point that out, and (b) you selectively only quoted the second meaning there. It's obvious you skipped the first meaning there to willfully misinterpret my posts.
Aww. Poor diddums. I didn't use the definition that suited you?

Well, I used the one that suited me.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 08:39 PM   #288
ddt
Mafia Penguin
 
ddt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 19,579
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
You must be very thin-skinned, unable to tolerate offenses against your stiff, inflexible ideology, and prone to want to browbeat anyone who offends your belief system.
It's not my ideology that matters. It is that you try to paint Muslim immigrants as second class citizens, much in the same way and with the same tactics as, say, Geert Wilders.

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Aww. Poor diddums. I didn't use the definition that suited you?

Well, I used the one that suited me.
You used another definition than I intended and than is commonly meant. You knew, or should at least should have known, the difference.
__________________
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf

"I think accuracy is important" - Vixen
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 09:55 PM   #289
Moss
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,212
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
You know, this is not wrong.

People, is there anything to win that's worth winning in this argument?
No. But it is awfully cute to see Toontown stamping his foot while proclaiming he has the truth.
Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2012, 10:56 PM   #290
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 22,841
Originally Posted by ddt View Post
[nitpick]
Ab Urbe Condita
[/nitpick]
That's what I thought, too, but the wiki entry on calendar eras, to which Toontown drew our attention, gives
Quote:
anno urbis conditae (Latin: "in the year of the founded city" (abbreviated AUC), where "city" meant Rome). (It is often incorrectly given that AUC stands for ab urbe condita, which is the title of T. Livy's history of Rome.)
I found this intriguing, and plausible. I will check it out more thoroughly when time permits.
Quote:
For the rest, it's amusing to see how Toontown keeps digging holes and shred his credibility, starting with pulling a definition of Islamism out of his arse, to now even not even knowing primary school stuff like which years belong to which century.
Yes, he does seem to jump from one blunder to another.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 03:41 AM   #291
baron
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,627
Just for the record, my imagination - extensive though it is - doesn't stretch to the idea of bring browbeaten any more than it accommodates the concept of sucking up. Failure to rant is not a sign of deficiency.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 10:35 AM   #292
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
I see the date-nazis are still at it - proving that all the bad things I've said about them are true.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 10:39 AM   #293
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ddt View Post
It's not my ideology that matters. It is that you try to paint Muslim immigrants as second class citizens, much in the same way and with the same tactics as, say, Geert Wilders.
That's your ideology talking, so I guess your ideology does matter, with all your posts dripping with it.

Not to mention the fact that the highlighted part is a lie.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 10:43 AM   #294
Moss
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,212
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
I see the date-nazis are still at it - proving that all the bad things I've said about them are true.
It seems to prove the point that you tried to make before, namely that nothing "pisses people of like the truth". The truth being that you seem to be unaware of some basic facts.
Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 10:51 AM   #295
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
It seems to prove the point that you tried to make before, namely that nothing "pisses people of like the truth". The truth being that you seem to be unaware of some basic facts.
As are you. As is everyone. Let he who is without ignorance cast the first stone.

But that's pretty slim pickings you've managed to dredge up. And it took a pack of you 7 pages to manage it. With my help.

You must be very proud.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 11:12 AM   #296
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher
 
A'isha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,221
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
As are you. As is everyone. Let he who is without ignorance cast the first stone.
The difference is that we're willing to accept when we're incorrect, and and are grateful to be directed towards or provided with resources which will help us learn how we were wrong and will increase our knowledge so that we hopefully won't be wrong about that in the future.
__________________
When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes - Desiderius Erasmus

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni

Last edited by A'isha; 11th May 2012 at 11:13 AM.
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 11:18 AM   #297
Moss
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,212
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
As are you. As is everyone. Let he who is without ignorance cast the first stone.

But that's pretty slim pickings you've managed to dredge up. And it took a pack of you 7 pages to manage it. With my help.

You must be very proud.
Currently I'm perplexed. Because for some odd reason you believe that criticizing your blunder somehow proves the claims you made about our motives and reasonings. It would appear that does not follow.
Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 11:23 AM   #298
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
No. But it is awfully cute to see Toontown stamping his foot while proclaiming he has the truth.
The highlighted part is a flimsy lie based on a pathetic misinterpretation of a general observation.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 11:26 AM   #299
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
Currently I'm perplexed. Because for some odd reason you believe that criticizing your blunder somehow proves the claims you made about our motives and reasonings. It would appear that does not follow.
Well, keep doing it. Keep doing it all day long. The more you obsessively fixate on the date blunder, the more you prove me right about your motives and reasoning.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 11:31 AM   #300
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ANTPogo View Post
The difference is that we're willing to accept when we're incorrect, and and are grateful to be directed towards or provided with resources which will help us learn how we were wrong and will increase our knowledge so that we hopefully won't be wrong about that in the future.
Are you? I hadn't noticed that behavior.

I might be grateful under other circumstances, but by the time I realized the horrendous date-blunder, the browbeating which had occurred in the interim had effectively precluded any possible feelings of gratitude on my part.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 11:38 AM   #301
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher
 
A'isha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,221
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
I might be grateful under other circumstances, but by the time I realized the horrendous date-blunder, the browbeating which had occurred in the interim had effectively precluded any possible feelings of gratitude on my part.
You demonstrated this behavior in this thread long before that whole thing about the date foolishness.

Such as your confusion about Islam versus Islamism, for instance.
__________________
When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes - Desiderius Erasmus

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 12:29 PM   #302
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 22,841
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
I see the date-nazis are still at it - proving that all the bad things I've said about them are true.
"Islamofascists" we know about. But now "date-nazis"! You're pulling our legs, aren't you?

Wow, you're being oppressed by "date-nazis" because you don't know what CE means. You're also being browbeaten by "reason-nazis" because you write nonsense.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2012, 04:47 PM   #303
Ryokan
Insert something funny here
 
Ryokan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 10,484
This is the weirdest thread on the internet.
Ryokan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 05:52 AM   #304
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ANTPogo View Post
You demonstrated this behavior in this thread long before that whole thing about the date foolishness.

Such as your confusion about Islam versus Islamism, for instance.
I'm not the one who is confused. You are confusing your confusion with my confusion.

I know exactly what I think the difference between Islam and Islamism is, and posted a dictionary definition to support it. Thereby showing that your exalted definition of Islamism is not the only one.

You issued a string of denials. And now you have the gall to say I am the one who is confused. You think I am confused simply because my view differs from yours.

I know exactly what you think the difference between Islam and Islamism is - essentially, political activism. It's just that I don't care what you think the difference between Islam and Islamism is. I care what I think the difference is.

Hope that clears up some of your confusion. I expect you to practice what you preach, and be grateful for my help.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 06:03 AM   #305
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
"Islamofascists" we know about. But now "date-nazis"! You're pulling our legs, aren't you?

Wow, you're being oppressed by "date-nazis" because you don't know what CE means. You're also being browbeaten by "reason-nazis" because you write nonsense.
I knew about the date-nazis. I wasn't aware I was being browbeaten by "reason nazis". I'm pretty sure you are confused about that. Dogmatic automatons do not "reason". They attempt to impose their dogmatic ideological will by supressing reason by various means, typically by strawing it up, ignoring it, going OT, or simply ganging up on it.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 06:20 AM   #306
Nick Terry
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,968
Have we reached Australia yet?
__________________
Belzec, Sobibor, Treblinka. Holocaust Denial and Operation Reinhard. A Critique of the Falsehoods of Mattogno, Graf and Kues.
(biggest ever skeptical debunking of conspiracy theorists; PDF available)

Everytime one asks you holocaust deniers for positive evidence you just put your finger in the ears, dance around and sing lalala - Kevin Silbstedt
Nick Terry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 06:21 AM   #307
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher
 
A'isha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,221
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
I know exactly what I think the difference between Islam and Islamism is,
That's the problem. Since you don't actually know anything about what you're talking about, what you "think" about it is both incorrect and irrelevant.

Quote:
and posted a dictionary definition to support it.
No, you posted, without naming or linking to your actual source the secondary definition from the user-submitted portion of the online dictionary you cut and pasted without naming or linking properly.

Quote:
Thereby showing that your exalted definition of Islamism is not the only one.
It is, however, the one we were talking about. You only picked that definition so you could make insultingly stupid arguments like "ddt seems to be of the convenient opinion that Turkish Muslims are not generally considered to be followers of The Prophet's actual teachings, thus are not considered "Islamists"."

Because when people who, unlike you, actually know something about the subject say things like "the vast majority of German Muslims are of Turkish descent, and that's about the last country associated with Islamism", they're using the definition that you deliberately and dishonestly skipped over.

Quote:
You issued a string of denials. And now you have the gall to say I am the one who is confused. You think I am confused simply because my view differs from yours.
You're right, it seems you weren't confused when you used the wrong meaning of the word "Islamism" after all, but were instead being intentionally misleading, with your dishonesty bordering on outright lying.
__________________
When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes - Desiderius Erasmus

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni

Last edited by A'isha; 12th May 2012 at 07:03 AM.
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 07:05 AM   #308
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 22,841
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
I knew about the date-nazis. I wasn't aware I was being browbeaten by "reason nazis". I'm pretty sure you are confused about that. Dogmatic automatons do not "reason". They attempt to impose their dogmatic ideological will by supressing reason by various means, typically by strawing it up, ignoring it, going OT, or simply ganging up on it.
Quite so. If you tell us that Muhammad lived in the fifth century, you will find people ganging up on you. Not because they are imposing their "dogmatic ideological will", but to stop you making even more of a fool of yourself.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 10:48 AM   #309
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
Quite so. If you tell us that Muhammad lived in the fifth century, you will find people ganging up on you. Not because they are imposing their "dogmatic ideological will", but to stop you making even more of a fool of yourself.
Really? For numerous posts after the minor infraction was pointed out, gleefully gloated over, and resolved? and it's all for my own good, you say?

Wow. What warm, fuzzy wabbits you all are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxiv3CBMS4M
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 10:57 AM   #310
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 22,841
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Really? For numerous posts after the minor infraction was pointed out, gleefully gloated over, and resolved? and it's all for my own good, you say?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxiv3CBMS4M
Well, at least it may do you some good, but I live more in hope than in conviction.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 11:21 AM   #311
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by ANTPogo View Post
That's the problem. Since you don't actually know anything about what you're talking about, what you "think" about it is both incorrect and irrelevant.

No, you posted, without naming or linking to your actual source the secondary definition from the user-submitted portion of the online dictionary you cut and pasted without naming or linking properly.

It is, however, the one we were talking about. You only picked that definition so you could make insultingly stupid arguments like "ddt seems to be of the convenient opinion that Turkish Muslims are not generally considered to be followers of The Prophet's actual teachings, thus are not considered "Islamists"."

Because when people who, unlike you, actually know something about the subject say things like "the vast majority of German Muslims are of Turkish descent, and that's about the last country associated with Islamism", they're using the definition that you deliberately and dishonestly skipped over.

You're right, it seems you weren't confused when you used the wrong meaning of the word "Islamism" after all, but were instead being intentionally misleading, with your dishonesty bordering on outright lying.
Are those the opening remarks of your latest case against me for crimes against the correct thinking about Islam and Muslims?

Oh well. At least you aren't saying I'm confused now. Now you're implying I'm cunningly dishonest for suggesting that ddt implied that Turkish Muslims are not conscientious followers of The Prophet's actual teachings - which I claim led to the rise of Islamism in the first place. (Which, frankly, from an atheist, is a compliment)

Damn. That's a convoluted charge. If I can follow that convoluted line of accusation, then Ah'm baad. To the bone. And quite capable of actually committing the convoluted crime - except for the fact that, as noted above, I consider it a compliment to Muslims to say they are (not) total religious fanatics bent on imposing a fanatical, false belief system by all necessary means.

Are you sure you want to pursue this 'Toontown is a rat-bastard for implying that ddt had unclean thoughts about the ideological purity of Turkish Muslims' charge? Because the charge is extremely stupid, you know. And frankly pales before the many false attributions of motive which have been attributed to me in this thread alone.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump

Last edited by Toontown; 12th May 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 11:49 AM   #312
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns
 
funk de fino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UAE
Posts: 11,938
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Aww. Poor diddums. I didn't use the definition that suited you?

Well, I used the one that suited me.
And we all know why.
__________________

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 12:08 PM   #313
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
Originally Posted by funk de fino View Post
And we all know why.
Trust me on this: No you don't. I know for a fact you don't, because I'm the only one who lives in this skull.

So you don't know, leaving me to weigh two possibilities:

1. You are assuming, and think you know what you are assuming.

2. You are, as per standard practice, attributing a motive for political/ideological discreditment purposes.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 12:17 PM   #314
Moss
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,212
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Trust me on this: No you don't. I know for a fact you don't, because I'm the only one who lives in this skull.

So you don't know, leaving me to weigh two possibilities:

1. You are assuming, and think you know what you are assuming.

2. You are, as per standard practice, attributing a motive for political/ideological discreditment purposes.
Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 12:21 PM   #315
Toontown
Philosopher
 
Toontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,595
And then Toontown escaped from the thought-prison after killing a guard, cutting off his face, donning the dead guard's clothing and face, hiding the body, impersonating an unconscious version of the dead guard, and being hauled off in an ambulance.

Not unlike the evil, convoluted crime perpetrated against the infallible, Christlike ddt.
__________________
"I did not say that!" - Donald Trump
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2012, 12:54 PM   #316
Moss
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,212
I never expected My Immortal to be topped.
Moss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2012, 11:46 AM   #317
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns
 
funk de fino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UAE
Posts: 11,938
Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Trust me on this: No you don't. I know for a fact you don't, because I'm the only one who lives in this skull.

So you don't know, leaving me to weigh two possibilities:

1. You are assuming, and think you know what you are assuming.

2. You are, as per standard practice, attributing a motive for political/ideological discreditment purposes.
Yet, I do.
__________________

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2012, 04:09 AM   #318
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 19,672
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
That's the same group of Salafists. A splinter islamophobe party (Pro-NRW) in the state of NRW thinks that the best approach to get more than their usual procent-and-a-half in next weeks election is to make a tour to local mosques where they show Mohammed caricatures directly in front of them. Several hundred counter protestors showed up, among them 100 to 200 Salafists from all over Germany who organized in their internet forums and reacted with violence. A rare occasion where one can say with confidence that of the three parties involved, the police are the sole good guys.

The rest of their provocation tour remained rather peaceful and in yesterday's state election, Pro-NRW got nearly the same irrelevant result like two years before: 1.5% (+0.1%), meaning they remain fringe and far from entering parliament (>5%). And Merkel's CDU suffered a sound defeat losing more than 8 percentage points!

While the Pirate Party continued their amazing stream of victories and more than quadrupled their 2010 result: 7.9%! Enter!
__________________
Freimir Kron
waltet schon
unser Sohn
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 14th May 2012 at 04:13 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.