IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Charles Murray , racial issues , racism charges , racism issues , sam harris

Old 25th April 2018, 07:32 AM   #241
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Sad news. He can reverse this trend, I'm hoping, if only he spends some time speaking with (and listening to) anti-racists. The results of the Ezra Klein interview were particularly disappointing, on that score.
I stumbled across this link on his twitter feed. He's apparently just mad at the SPLC for publishing this and blames it on them.
"We are enjoined, no matter how uncomfortable it might be, to consider ourselves and our cultural institutions scientifically — not to accept uncritically whatever we’re told; to surmount as best we can our hopes, conceits, and unexamined beliefs; to view ourselves as we really are." - Carl Sagan
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2018, 07:36 AM   #242
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
I stumbled across this link on his twitter feed. He's apparently just mad at the SPLC for publishing this and blames it on them.
I thought he was already mad at the SPLC over the Maajid thing.
Old 25th April 2018, 07:50 AM   #243
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
I thought he was already mad at the SPLC over the Maajid thing.
He's been mad at them for a while for a few reasons, I think.
"We are enjoined, no matter how uncomfortable it might be, to consider ourselves and our cultural institutions scientifically — not to accept uncritically whatever we’re told; to surmount as best we can our hopes, conceits, and unexamined beliefs; to view ourselves as we really are." - Carl Sagan
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events