IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags defamation cases , lawsuits , media criticism , Nathan Phillips , Nick Sandmann , protest incidents , racism charges

Old 21st January 2019, 01:18 PM   #321
The Big Dog

A summary of death threats, threats of violence, doxxing, of high schoolers, etc:

Aggregating tweets
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 01:20 PM   #322
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
what is ridiculous is that the so called peace maker deliberately ignored the actual hate group who were calling them demons, to go get some B-roll in front of a bunch of kids because they were wearing MAGA hats.
I don't know his motivation, but I also don't know what his view of the situation was. The schoolboys were the largest group, jumping up and down and chanting, and wearing visible MAGA hats; at the point he noticed what was happening, he might not have heard what the BHI loonies were saying.
Quote:
That is pure race grifting.
Still got no idea what that's supposed to mean.
Quote:
Now they are getting death threats
Which is absolutely deplorable, of course.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 01:23 PM   #323
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Although, I didn't watch the 2 hr. video, it appears that the Black Hebrew Israelites* kicked this whole thing off.

*fun fact. There seems to be quite a few of these movements featuring Black Israelites in their name (think Judean's Peoples Front etc.) anybody know where specifically they are from?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 01:24 PM   #324
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

In any given conflict between N number of participants it is not necessary that any one of N be 'the good one' that merits defense or sympathy. You don't even have to select the lesser evil of N and support them. It's not required.
Old 21st January 2019, 01:25 PM   #325
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
I don't know his motivation, but I also don't know what his view of the situation was. The schoolboys were the largest group, jumping up and down and chanting, and wearing visible MAGA hats; at the point he noticed what was happening, he might not have heard what the BHI loonies were saying.

Still got no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Which is absolutely deplorable, of course.
His motivation is changing. First he said they approached and surrounded him. After that failed, he claimed he was playing "peace maker" Then he said that the kids were the beasts and the actual hate group that was calling his group demons were the "prey."

Race grifting means people creating or exaggerating claims of racism in order to promote themselves or their causes or to demonize anyone they perceive as an opponent, or as here, an easy target like a pack of high school kids.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 01:31 PM   #326
plague311
Great minds think...

His motivation is changing. First he said they approached and surrounded him. After that failed, he claimed he was playing "peace maker" Then he said that the kids were the beasts and the actual hate group that was calling his group demons were the "prey."

Race grifting means people creating or exaggerating claims of racism in order to promote themselves or their causes or to demonize anyone they perceive as an opponent, or as here, an easy target like a pack of high school kids.
LoL nice white wash there TBD. They were there supporting an extremely controversial topic, like abortion, and took part in mockery as well. I don't understand why you can't just take a step back and admit they played a role.

Instead you're making them out to be some unaware, lost little children. Wasn't the guy in the MAGA hat 18? He is under 18. I just did some quick research, my fault.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss

Last edited by plague311; 21st January 2019 at 01:33 PM.
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 01:38 PM   #327
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
LoL nice white wash there TBD. They were there supporting an extremely controversial topic, like abortion, and took part in mockery as well. I don't understand why you can't just take a step back and admit they played a role.
Their role was to play the patsy in a racial grift.

(Abortion had nothing to do with this incident, although I am certain that the Black Hebrews would gladly agree to sterilize all the other participants. protip: In addition to being homophobic and racist, they were wildly misogynist too)
Old 21st January 2019, 01:39 PM   #328
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by baron View Post
It's exactly what you said. I rephrased it but you said it.

You couldn't have been clearer. Madness.
No one here, absolutely no one, has given one word of support to what the Black Israelites said. Yet you claim:

Quote:
The group indulging in by far the worst hatred is practically ignored, whilst the group which exhibits little to none of that behaviour is vilified across half the Western world. Of course! It all makes sense. Just like if the school kids had been black and had stared at a Native American, and the Israelites had been white and shouting racist epithets and homophobic taunts and threatening violence, you would have course not have condemned the whites because their vile behaviour would have been too obvious!
What the BI said didn't need to be pointed out as being vile, racist and misogynistic for the very fact that it was so freaking obvious to anyone with half a brain. What they said was not a point of contention or disagreement by anyone in this group. But, of course, you need to make it one so you can attack those who did criticize (or 'attack' as you put it) the 'whites'. Give me a freaking break.

Have a nice day.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 01:41 PM   #329
The Big Dog

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

Nathan Phillips, taking the side of the abusive, homophobic, misogynistic actual hate group.

And that is all you need to know about this ******* Race Grifter

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...eo/2630256002/
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
No one here, absolutely no one, has given one word of support to what the Black Israelites said. Yet you claim:

What the BI said didn't need to be pointed out as being vile, racist and misogynistic for the very fact that it was so freaking obvious to anyone with half a brain. What they said was not a point of contention or disagreement by anyone in this group. But, of course, you need to make it one so you can attack those who did criticize (or 'attack' as you put it) the 'whites'. Give me a freaking break.

Have a nice day.
uh huh
Old 21st January 2019, 01:42 PM   #330
plague311
Great minds think...

Their role was to play the patsy in a racial grift.

(Abortion had nothing to do with this incident, although I am certain that the Black Hebrews would gladly agree to sterilize all the other participants. protip: In addition to being homophobic and racist, they were wildly misogynist too)
Ok...thank you for that information. I don't know why you're providing it to me as I have no desire to defend whoever they are and much like Varwoche, I didn't know of their existence until now.

Their role wasn't to do that and this is getting foolish. Their role, by their own admission, was to participate in an anti-abortion protest. They've openly stated that on more than one occasion, including the gentleman in the hat.

This is where they ended up. In the midst of a stupidity party that was escalated at every turn, by every moron involved, and somehow escaped violence. That's encouraging, I guess.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 01:51 PM   #331
baron

Have a nice day.
You've just made the exact same argument again. It was absurd the first time and it's just as absurd the second. If you feel moved to restate it yet again I guarantee its absurdity factor will not decrease by one iota. It's nonsense, it's a crock, it's a big block of pig faeces and repetition will not improve its status.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 02:20 PM   #332
The Big Dog

Seems like the "peacemaker" was looking to make "peace' with other people wearing MAGA hats

Terrified 15 year old girls do not make for good viral content tho.

What you need, you see, is a big group of high school "beasts' so you can stand sadly in front of the camera while a single sad tear runs down your sad face.

That is viral content!
Old 21st January 2019, 02:28 PM   #333
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
But am I yelling at the left or right cloud? That's all that matters.
"I've yelled at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all"
Old 21st January 2019, 02:31 PM   #334
The Big Dog

More video of the high school boy's "prey."

Very NSFW racist hate speech

Remember, the "Elder" called the high school boys the beasts, and these men their "prey."

And then a single tear streamed down his face, and the death threats against the boys ramped up.

Race Grifting 101.
Old 21st January 2019, 02:44 PM   #335
The Big Dog

Just before a single sad tear streamed down the sad face of the man who called the high school kids beasts (and was tweeted about by Elizabeth warren)

one of his followers said:

"You white people go back to Europe, this is not your land"

Look at him pound that drum in that kid's face

Remember tho, that the kids are "brats" and "beasts," not the hate group, and not the race grifter.
Old 21st January 2019, 02:52 PM   #336
baron

But those boys mocked him! OK, he's a cadaverous, racist, passive-aggressive liar and likely stolen valour to boot, but that's no reason to mock him.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 02:52 PM   #337
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

...But, of course, you need to make it one so you can attack those who did criticize (or 'attack' as you put it) the 'whites'.
Because for TDB, this story is a single life-preserver in a stormy sea, and he is desperately trying to cling to it.

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 02:56 PM   #338
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Because for TDB, this story is a single life-preserver in a stormy sea, and he is desperately trying to cling to it.
lol, what does that even mean?

protip: she was not replying to me at all.

Anything about the numerous substantive posts/links/facts I posted in this thread?

You know, about the race grifter, the rush to judgment, the doxxing, the actual hate group, the threats?
Old 21st January 2019, 02:57 PM   #339
Bogative
Master Poster

This might blow your mind, but actually BOTH were. The chop, the mocking dance, etc.
Bull ****. There is zero evidence the chanting and chopping these high schoolers were doing was inspired by bigotry or racism, you are completely making that up. What you're doing is taking something that somebody possibly in the past has done out of racism or bigotry and assigning the meaning to these high schoolers. Prejudice based on skin color and political affiliation is a form of bigotry itself.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 03:08 PM   #340
The Big Dog

The actual damage a single race grifter and a legion of idiots can do

But he is a "brat" and a "beast" and the "Elder" was a "Vietnam time vet"
Old 21st January 2019, 03:11 PM   #341
The Big Dog

Here is the prey that the left's new hero was talking about:

Better audio

Look at those beasts standing up for homosexuals being attacked by this hate group.

But they are the beasts, and brats. I read it on iSkep!
Old 21st January 2019, 03:13 PM   #342
The Big Dog

Lets dump the "brats' and "beasts" into the wood chipper

Thanks race grifter!

/the sleazebag locked down his account.

Last edited by The Big Dog; 21st January 2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 21st January 2019, 03:28 PM   #343
Bogative
Master Poster

A CNN contributor fantasizes about punching kids in the face:

Bakari Sellers

"Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?"

Reza Aslan – CNN
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 03:28 PM   #344
The Big Dog

"Threatening acts of violence against educational institutions in Kentucky is a felony and we don’t take it lightly no matter the circumstances."

Kenton County Prosecutor, 16th Judicial Circuit of Kentucky (Kenton Co.)

that goes even if they are just "brats" and "beasts" and made a race grifter "cry"
Old 21st January 2019, 03:30 PM   #345
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

But those boys mocked him! OK, he's a cadaverous, racist, passive-aggressive liar and likely stolen valour to boot, but that's no reason to mock him.
Old 21st January 2019, 03:33 PM   #346
baron

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
And that's not even hyperbole. It's literally what happened.
Old 21st January 2019, 03:33 PM   #347
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
"Honest question. Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?"

Reza Aslan – CNN
wow, that **** bag just keeps doubling down, doesn't he? He is retweeting posts doxxing high school kids.

He also claims that he heard them say "build that wall" which is a lie from the Race grifter.

Oh well, grifters gonna grift.
Old 21st January 2019, 03:36 PM   #348
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

Sandmann's statement; Thoughtful analysis at Reason

[quote=Stacyhs;12571835
What the BI said didn't need to be pointed out as being vile, racist and misogynistic...[/QUOTE]
Agreed; they remind me a little bit of Fred Phelps' church: a small bunch of crazies who get more attention than they merit.

Mr. Sandmann's statement was provided to CNN. Robby Soave's analysis at Reason here. "It was at this moment that Phillips, who had attended a nearby peace protest led by indigenous peoples, decided to intervene. He would later tell The Detroit Free Press that the teenagers 'were in the process of attacking these four black individuals' and he decided to attempt to de-escalate the situation. He seems profoundly mistaken: The video footage taken by the black nationalists shows no evidence the white teenagers had any intention of attacking. Nevertheless, Phillips characterized the kids as 'beasts' and the hate-group members as 'their prey...'" I was grateful for Mr. Soave's use of the word "mistaken" here. He may be onto something...

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 21st January 2019 at 04:07 PM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 04:09 PM   #349
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Of course the Black Hebrew Israelites get a pass.
They get a pass because black people can't be racist.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 04:18 PM   #350
The Big Dog

BREAKING: Covington Catholic High School says they’ve been forced to work closely with local police and authorities to make sure that the staff and students are safe following serious death threats made against several students, their families and the schools principal.

MORE: Two police cars are stationed outside the Covington Catholic High School building, patrolling the area due to extreme threats made against the school and its staff and students. Protests have been planned for tomorrow. All students expected to stay home.

The costs of a literal race grifter and the legions of idiots that believed his lies
Old 21st January 2019, 04:18 PM   #351
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You've just made the exact same argument again. It was absurd the first time and it's just as absurd the second. If you feel moved to restate it yet again I guarantee its absurdity factor will not decrease by one iota. It's nonsense, it's a crock, it's a big block of pig faeces and repetition will not improve its status.
In the words of your Great Leader (so you'll understand): Buh-Bye!

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 04:22 PM   #352
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Not only for him, I've noticed.
Old 21st January 2019, 04:25 PM   #353
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
They get a pass because black people can't be racist.
Who here has given them "a pass"?
Old 21st January 2019, 04:32 PM   #354
The Big Dog

Well at least the Resistance can give us all all good laugh with their race grifting

Wait, they shoot THREE POINTERS IN BASKETBALL GAMES!

******* clownshow
Old 21st January 2019, 04:39 PM   #355
plague311
Great minds think...

This thread has lived out it's usefulness.

I'll call it here. TBD will continue this thread as long as possible. Finding every single piece of news he can find (like the Hillary thread) to continue this pearl clutching. Nevermind the fact this happens so much on the right that most have just stopped paying attention.

I was willing to admit that the left made a mistake but the people on the right that are straight up crying in this thread is getting to reach epic hypocrisy.

Good luck to people that bother with this anymore. I can't imagine pissing away more time watching the right stamp their feet over this interaction.
Old 21st January 2019, 04:41 PM   #356
plague311
Great minds think...

Well at least the Resistance can give us all all good laugh with their race grifting

Wait, they shoot THREE POINTERS IN BASKETBALL GAMES!

******* clownshow
I'm ******* shocked you didn't post the pic of that school, in black face screaming at a black guy throwing the ball out from the sidelines.

I'll see if I can find you some more pearls.
Old 21st January 2019, 04:42 PM   #357
The Big Dog

This thread has lived out it's usefulness.

I'll call it here. TBD will continue this thread as long as possible. Finding every single piece of news he can find (like the Hillary thread) to continue this pearl clutching. Nevermind the fact this happens so much on the right that most have just stopped paying attention.

I was willing to admit that the left made a mistake but the people on the right that are straight up crying in this thread is getting to reach epic hypocrisy.

Good luck to people that bother with this anymore. I can't imagine pissing away more time watching the right stamp their feet over this interaction.
Huh, yet I continue to see people who have bought into this threatening these kids.

Oh well, thanks for announcing your dramatic departure.

I will be here posting on the actual developments arising out of this race scam .

Bye-eee!
Old 21st January 2019, 04:44 PM   #358
CaptainHowdy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Wow this thread is a masterclass of partisan thinking, on both sides.

Not explicitly, but the insinuation is that the US isn't as great as it used to, and it's mostly the fault of immigrants and foreigners. Sounds a bit racist to me.
Just like saying Black Lives Matter isn't explicitly racist but it insinuates that other lives don't matter, which sounds racist to me.

Or saying God Bless America isn't explicitly racist but the insinuation is that you don't want God to bless any other country, including all the countries in Africa, which sounds racist to me.

Or saying that the Police are here "to protect and serve" isn't racist but when Police "protect and serve" black neighborhoods, the implication is that black people need constant supervision and are incapable of surviving without the intervention of the benevolent hand of the white man. That sounds pretty racist to me.

Or the Nike slogan, "just do it" isn't explicitly racist but it insinuates that black people are too lazy to do anything unless they are told to do it. That sounds pretty racist to me.

See, if you want to, you can read racism into anything.

"Make America Great Again" means just that. If you think that it means that America isn't as great as it once was and that it's because of all these immigrants, you're the one who has the problem with immigration. I see that slogan as a call to return to the pre-1906 United States, when heroin was legal and federal income tax was not.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2019, 04:45 PM   #359
The Big Dog

I'm ******* shocked you didn't post the pic of that school, in black face screaming at a black guy throwing the ball out from the sidelines.

I'll see if I can find you some more pearls.
I thought you left?

Yeah I saw that race grift too.

It was a "black out" very popular in high schools that took place before any kid who went on the trip went to that school. It wasn't black face and it is yet another scam perpetrated by race grifters and repeated here by people I thought were leaving?

Oh well grifters gonna grift and lie

Anything about the threats of violence
Old 21st January 2019, 04:47 PM   #360
applecorped
Banned

Lol, it happens
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics