IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Facebook incidents , racism charges , school incidents , Texas incidents

Old 4th August 2021, 11:18 AM   #121
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Honest answer: posters here start with assumptions about white people that color their interpretation of a story (a negative interaction means the white person was racist, all Texans can be assumed to be bigots, etc). These assumptions are completely at odds with my experience.
Even more importantly, they're completely at odds with reality. If Texas was so overflowing with racism, you'd think the media would be able to dig up better stories than this to rile up the masses.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:27 AM   #122
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

Ok. I'll say it.

Prob nothing to do with race, assuming he has other pics of he and his wife, as most couples do. It be flat shocked if he didn't. So what's the problem with this particular pic "for an educator"? Anybody?

It's blatantly erotic. Little too sexy for a school principal.
That was my thought as well.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:27 AM   #123
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Believe it or not, his looks aren't the slightest bit unusual. We're like neck deep in pretty boys over here.
I do occasionally love America.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:29 AM   #124
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Tough luck.

I want someone to run the school. And have the brains to not post commercial pics which make my kids think he is an idiot.

It is the same reason I would'nt want my kids female teachers with open Facebook or Instagram profiles hanging out in bikinis.

Chose another job.

Obviously you disagree.

Troll harder.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:30 AM   #125
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
Based on? I'm genuinely curious what makes these pictures so "erotic"? He's wearing full length pants, she's wearing a full outfit. They aren't even kissing, she appears to be gazing off in the distance.

Does this photo really turn people on? Like, for real? I am just not seeing it. I think, for lack of better words, it's adorable. Mostly because they're both willing to put up with that ******** sand long enough to get the pics taken. Erotic? No. No way.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 11:31 AM   #126
Emily's Cat

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Talk to Warp12. He insists there MUST be other photos that are also being complained about.

I'm only seeing photos of family and school. The complaints are ALL about the fact this is a BLACK MAN kissing his WHITE, BLOND WIFE. This is only offensive to a racist.
There are other photos of them with their spouse on their facebook page.

I agree with Thermal, that the photo in question is being challenged more due to the sex-laden connotation of the pose than to the races of the people featured therein.

People who think the complaint can be nothing other than racism are people who will always see racism no matter what.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:32 AM   #127
autumn1971
Illuminator

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Are you saying that if the complainant is not a WASP then racism can be dismissed as a motive?
Nope. I also would complain about racism if it was a black person complaining.
Even one of (((them)))

Don’t tell my bank
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 11:37 AM   #128
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

Incidentally, I think the professional photographer did a great job of making them look good in the photo on the beach. You can see the other photos on his FB. Not a bad looking dude, and not a bad looking wife, but the photographer really earned his money that day.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:40 AM   #129
ZirconBlue
Sole Survivor of L-Town

The photos look mildly suggestive, to me. But, that's irrelevant if they're not posted on an official school site.
The numbers look the same on their credit cards.
ZirconBlue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 11:41 AM   #130
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by sir drinks-a-lot View Post
Incidentally, I think the professional photographer did a great job of making them look good in the photo on the beach. You can see the other photos on his FB. Not a bad looking dude, and not a bad looking wife, but the photographer really earned his money that day.
And THAT is probably what it boils down to more than anything. If it were an unattractive couple (the stereotype of what we think of when we think of a principal) there probably wouldn't be any issue at all. It's the fact that people here, and in this principal's community, find them attractive that makes this picture "erotic". It's not, there's no erotic behavior, unless I'm grossly misinformed on what is considered erotic.

In fact, I would be more prone to feel that they're being discriminated against for being attractive more than racism.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 11:45 AM   #131
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
There could be several explanations, but I doubt you'd consider any of them.
Had you read the thread, I consider many possibilities to be on the table. I Lea towards a lone prude Karen as the lead contender.

But the thread shrieks "Racist!" in chorus. Your first comment was from Blazing Saddles, yes? As you well know, it's the starting and unevidenced assumption of racism I rail against.

Quote:
I, personally, don't know if it was racist or not. I honestly don't really care all that much because the man seems to have it under control. I do see it as relevant to his most recent issues (CRT) because there appears to be an ongoing trend of some people in the community pointing the finger at him.
"Where da white women at?" was your opening comment, I believe. You certainly thought race was an issue at first. Unless you thought the Doc looks like Gene Wilder?

Quote:
Just a few reasons I can think of why it can still be racist over prudishness? Well, just general harassment. Pick something that's not a big deal, and make a big deal about it just to **** with him (you know, like CRT in general). We see this with voter laws. The GOP are making ticky tack laws that seem to target PoC, but none of them actually say they're targeting PoC. I would need to see what this possible Karen has said about others. Intimidation could be another reason. Let him know that there are people out there watching him, creeping his facebook, and making sure he stays within, what they deem, as acceptable behavior. And so on.
Agreed.

Quote:
These random black guys you were work with have been targeted by people in their community because of pictures they've taken with their white partners? Wow, this must happen way more than I thought. You should think about that.

How convenient, that, eh? Ever think that maybe they just do that around you? Are you paying their salaries? Are they subcontracted by you? Ever think that maybe after you leave they say to each other, "Man, that dood really doesn't get it, does he"? No? Just, "Man, those white woke people. Tsk tsk tsk". This is laughably ridiculous.
It's kind of funny that your mind reading now extends to my personal relationships. Ever hang around black guys? They are not nearly as wound up about race as the white guys here. I get my chops busted for not liking/using the n word, and like everybody else, they just chops mercilessly all day long. No, they are not fawning to me.

And no, I don't pay their salaries. Usually we work side by side, sometimes them contracting me and sometimes me contracting them, but usually both of us working for someone else.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:47 AM   #132
Belz...
Fiend God

I really don't get it. School principals shouldn't have a romantic life unless it's secret?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 11:50 AM   #133
Warp12
Banned

And in the inexplicable dishonesty department, we now see that the OP pic was cropped, presumably to look more innocent. The full pic shows her laying back while he assumes the Mounting Position.

https://people.com/human-interest/te...tos-with-wife/

Now, it's still a no big deal pic in my most humble of opinions. Maybe not entirely appropriate for high school related discussions by the principal. But I think it could be agreed that the crop was intended to deceive the reader?
Are you trying to tell me that the media might have a narrative? You mean that some of the critical thinkers here never considered such a possibility? Could some of them be guilty of promoting a narrative, themselves? Outrageous!

Side note: So much for that innocent peck on the cheek. Dude is about to smash that thang like a runaway dump truck.

Last edited by Warp12; 4th August 2021 at 11:51 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 11:55 AM   #134
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Or he's an alien from the planet Spod and his wife is a podperson?

Seriously, if you're just going to make **** up we may as well make the discussion more entertaining.

Until somone produces 'somewhat offensive' photos (Becuase that's what people put on facebook, my feed is full of folks posting pictures of themselves *******. Oh, wait. No, it isn't.) then your argument is just so much hot air.
Nice to see you be PWND by the actual photos shortly after that post.

The guy is kissing his wife while lying between her legs, but it's the fact he's black that caused the complaint.

Yeah, right.

Originally Posted by Nova Land View Post
Yahoo news currently has up an article from People magazine which has more details about this -- and which includes what looks like the a screen shot of the Facebook page in question.
Well done!

The pic wouldn't bother me in the least, but I can definitely see how some puritanical Yank would think so.

So what do you think? Racist, prudish, or....wait for it...inconclusive?
Not a lot of comment from those who were going purple in the face screaming racism a page or two back.

Originally Posted by ZirconBlue View Post
The photos look mildly suggestive, to me. But, that's irrelevant if they're not posted on an official school site.
It is relevant, though.

Every employer nowadays has clauses in the employment contract about personal social media conduct that might reflect badly on the employer, and I can certainly see those pics coming under that.
Old 4th August 2021, 11:57 AM   #135
plague311
Great minds think...

Had you read the thread, I consider many possibilities to be on the table. I Lea towards a lone prude Karen as the lead contender.

But the thread shrieks "Racist!" in chorus. Your first comment was from Blazing Saddles, yes? As you well know, it's the starting and unevidenced assumption of racism I rail against.

"Where da white women at?" was your opening comment, I believe. You certainly thought race was an issue at first. Unless you thought the Doc looks like Gene Wilder?
You've put WAY more thought into that first post than I did. I didn't intend on any of that to be read into the post, so thank you for reading my mind for me. That's awesome.

It's kind of funny that your mind reading now extends to my personal relationships. Ever hang around black guys? They are not nearly as wound up about race as the white guys here. I get my chops busted for not liking/using the n word, and like everybody else, they just chops mercilessly all day long. No, they are not fawning to me.
I don't care about your personal relationships at all. I'm not the one bringing them up, you are, repeatedly. Almost every time you think it supports a point you're trying to make. If you'd stop bringing them up, I'd stop commenting on them.

Also, I'm not going to try and "out black friend" you. Why? Because they aren't all the same. Just like with everyone their reactions, and views on topics differ based on their experiences, geographical location, education and the list goes on. I can say I've never had my "chops busted for not using the n word". Again though, this is just more in a long line of you hanging out, meeting, and bringing up your personal relationships as if it were to mean something. I've never, ever heard a black man say, "Bro, just call me the n-word. It's fine. I'm fine with it, and am a little bothered you AREN'T calling me the n-word. That's dumb."

And no, I don't pay their salaries. Usually we work side by side, sometimes them contracting me and sometimes me contracting them, but usually both of us working for someone else.
So they do have a vested interest in keeping the relationship between you two on good terms due to the fact you work side-by-side regularly.

Ok then, I think we're done here.
Old 4th August 2021, 12:22 PM   #136
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Based on? I'm genuinely curious what makes these pictures so "erotic"? He's wearing full length pants, she's wearing a full outfit. They aren't even kissing, she appears to be gazing off in the distance.

Does this photo really turn people on? Like, for real? I am just not seeing it. I think, for lack of better words, it's adorable. Mostly because they're both willing to put up with that ******** sand long enough to get the pics taken. Erotic? No. No way.
Brah. You kiss your mother like that? Crawl up on your bros and nuzzle them?

It's blatantly sexual. There's no wiggle room here.
Old 4th August 2021, 12:24 PM   #137
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

The pics were from 10 years ago, presumably before kids and suburban doughiness took their toll. Based on his current pics, the hamburger has done its evil work.
Old 4th August 2021, 12:30 PM   #138
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Are you trying to tell me that the media might have a narrative? You mean that some of the critical thinkers here never considered such a possibility? Could some of them be guilty of promoting a narrative, themselves? Outrageous!

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ae0c9e812a.jpg

Side note: So much for that innocent peck on the cheek. Dude is about to smash that thang like a runaway dump truck.
I was gonna go with "about to fill some of the voids in the lady's life", but Runaway Dump Truck has a charming directness to it.
Old 4th August 2021, 12:30 PM   #139
plague311
Great minds think...

Brah. You kiss your mother like that? Crawl up on your bros and nuzzle them?

It's blatantly sexual. There's no wiggle room here.
Dood, I don't take photos with my mom, and I certainly don't kiss her. The actual **** ? I don't take photos in general. The fact you guys can't see this picture as anything other than "he 'bout to smash that yo", is so funny. You all still high five each other when making dick and fart jokes too? Talk about how your bros are "gonna wreck a twelver and chase some tang to till the morn?!" LoL. Awesome, you guys are awesome. Keep rocking this "dude bro" style. Seriously, don't change, it's ******* dope.
Old 4th August 2021, 12:42 PM   #140
Emily's Cat

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
It's ironic that, on the new posts page right at the moment, a thread arguing whether photos of a man suggestive of the fact that he has a sexual relationship with his wife are offensive is directly above one arguing whether overtly sexualised outfits for sportswomen are completely OK. There seems to be more than the faintest hint of a double standard.

Dave
Umm... I don't think so. Sexuality isn't the same as Sexualization.
Old 4th August 2021, 12:52 PM   #141
Emily's Cat

I don't personally think it's a big deal, but looking at the full photos, they are certainly sexually suggestive. Set them to private so they're not out there for the whole world to see, no problem.

Like I said, I don't think it's all that big a deal... but I can also understand how "sexy and erotic" should perhaps not be openly combined with "school official".

Anyway, there are other pictures of them and their spouse on their facebook page, including ones with their kid and diverse family. Given that none of those were complained about, and none of those have been removed, I think the immediate claim of "OMG RACISM" is hyperbolic partisan bollocks.
Old 4th August 2021, 12:56 PM   #142
Emily's Cat

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I really don't get it. School principals shouldn't have a romantic life unless it's secret?
That's not remotely what I'm saying. On the other hand, I also generally think that people's sexual interactions shouldn't be shared with the public.

There's a difference between understanding and accepting that grown ups have sex... and sharing sexually suggestive pictures of said grown ups with the entire world when one is in a position of authority in a high school.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a distancing in public portrayal between "principle" and "sex".
Old 4th August 2021, 12:56 PM   #143
Warp12
Banned

Talk about how your bros are "gonna wreck a twelver and chase some tang to till the morn?!" LoL. Awesome, you guys are awesome. Keep rocking this "dude bro" style. Seriously, don't change, it's ******* dope.
I don't chase 'tang. It chases me, bro.

But, this has nothing to do with the fact that the photos in question were obviously sexually suggestive.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 01:11 PM   #144
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Dood, I don't take photos with my mom, and I certainly don't kiss her. The actual **** ? I don't take photos in general. The fact you guys can't see this picture as anything other than "he 'bout to smash that yo", is so funny. You all still high five each other when making dick and fart jokes too? Talk about how your bros are "gonna wreck a twelver and chase some tang to till the morn?!" LoL. Awesome, you guys are awesome. Keep rocking this "dude bro" style. Seriously, don't change, it's ******* dope.
*slowly and clearly*

I didn't ask you about taking photos. I asked you if you kiss your mother or your friends like that. I asked this because of your feigned confusion about how anyone could take that pose sexually. It very very very clearly is sexual.

And seriously, "brah" and "bros" is worthy of a paragraph of ridicule to you? I'm a surfer, and we have used those terms as informal forms of address literally since before you were born and continue today. If you're pulling the "you young kids these days" card, I have some very bad news for you.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:15 PM   #145
plague311
Great minds think...

I don't personally think it's a big deal, but looking at the full photos, they are certainly sexually suggestive. Set them to private so they're not out there for the whole world to see, no problem.
Why? The whole world has been seeing them for quite some time and, as has been pointed out here repeatedly, no one has seemed to have an issue until *checks notes* one, individual female had a problem.

The saying goes, if you're looking to get offended, you'll find something.

Like I said, I don't think it's all that big a deal... but I can also understand how "sexy and erotic" should perhaps not be openly combined with "school official".
"Sexy and erotic" is completely suggestive. You, Emily's Cat, are viewing it that way. I, plague311, see a man enjoying a vacation with his wife. He's not between her legs, they're both fully clothed, they aren't making out, and they aren't grinding on each other. It's a picture of them on a beach.

Anyway, there are other pictures of them and their spouse on their facebook page, including ones with their kid and diverse family. Given that none of those were complained about, and none of those have been removed, I think the immediate claim of "OMG RACISM" is hyperbolic partisan bollocks.
Already been addressed. Read the thread.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:16 PM   #146
plague311
Great minds think...

I don't chase 'tang. It chases me, bro.

But, this has nothing to do with the fact that the photos in question were obviously sexually suggestive.
Oh, I'm sure brah. I'm sure dem hoez be bangin' and crushin' to get a piece of dat delta. *high five* *Beer shotgun* *Passes the icehole* *Rick Flair Wooo*

They might be suggestive to someone who's really deprived, or likes to hump legs, or can't see a picture of a man and a woman together without thinking "they 'bout to be bangin'". Maybe to someone like that.

Last edited by plague311; 4th August 2021 at 01:17 PM.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:19 PM   #147
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Why? The whole world has been seeing them for quite some time and, as has been pointed out here repeatedly, no one has seemed to have an issue until *checks notes* one, individual female had a problem.
Not just a random individual, a rube that was already frothing at the mouth about how the man was a crypto-commie teaching CRT.

0% chance this was anything but a person with an axe to grind trying to make a problem out of nothing.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:36 PM   #148
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

Likes to hump legs…
That’s your first accurate description of the photo.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:40 PM   #149
plague311
Great minds think...

*slowly and clearly*

I didn't ask you about taking photos. I asked you if you kiss your mother or your friends like that. I asked this because of your feigned confusion about how anyone could take that pose sexually. It very very very clearly is sexual.
*slowly and clearly*

I don't kiss my mom or my friends....so. I find it odd that anyone does. I don't kiss my wife either. I don't like people touching me or touching people, so I'm not the person to ask here.

Just because you think it's clearly sexual means nothing to me. I don't find it sexual. I find it to be a pose for a camera on a vacation. If you guys find it sexual, then you get to join the Karen lady.

And seriously, "brah" and "bros" is worthy of a paragraph of ridicule to you? I'm a surfer, and we have used those terms as informal forms of address literally since before you were born and continue today. If you're pulling the "you young kids these days" card, I have some very bad news for you.
It's worthy of a defensive paragraph from you, apparently.

I wasn't implying it was young. I was mocking people that use phrases referring to garbage trucks, and whatever other childish phrases were uttered, to refer to this picture.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:41 PM   #150
plague311
Great minds think...

That’s your first accurate description of the photo.
Uh, thanks? I'd say this was your first worthwhile contribution to the conversation going on here, but, you know...
Old 4th August 2021, 01:49 PM   #151
Warp12
Banned

*slowly and clearly*
I don't kiss my wife either.
Watch out for an incoming dump truck. I'm just saying.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:50 PM   #152
Emily's Cat

"Sexy and erotic" is completely suggestive. You, Emily's Cat, are viewing it that way. I, plague311, see a man enjoying a vacation with his wife. He's not between her legs, they're both fully clothed, they aren't making out, and they aren't grinding on each other. It's a picture of them on a beach.
What pictures are you looking at, plague? Because several of the ones I saw he WAS between her legs, he's only partially clothed, and in one of them he's kissing her neck.

It's not pornography by any means. But how you can frame those pictures as being "just enjoying a vacation at the beach" and not at all sexually suggestive is baffling.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:54 PM   #153
plague311
Great minds think...

What pictures are you looking at, plague? Because several of the ones I saw he WAS between her legs, he's only partially clothed, and in one of them he's kissing her neck.

It's not pornography by any means. But how you can frame those pictures as being "just enjoying a vacation at the beach" and not at all sexually suggestive is baffling.
I didn't go thumbing through all of the pictures. I am commenting on the ones that have been shared here, as I was under the impression it was those pictures that were inducing the whining.

If there are more, then they should have been included in the information provided. Every picture I've seen he has had a shirt and pants on. That's clothed in my world. It's actually the definition of clothed in my word. It's the clothes I'm wearing now!

Personally, I don't view it as sexual. Maybe I have a high bar. Maybe I just don't go looking for it. Link me to the photos you're looking at, maybe I'll change my mind. None of the ones I've seen right now are sexual, and I think it's extremely prudish for people to think it is, but that's how opinions work

Watch out for an incoming dump truck. I'm just saying.
I don't speak your language, so maybe you and Thermal can throw me a decoder ring. My wife isn't a fan either, that's why we work as a couple...for a decade now.

Last edited by plague311; 4th August 2021 at 01:56 PM.
Old 4th August 2021, 01:56 PM   #154
Emily's Cat

I don't kiss my mom or my friends....so. I find it odd that anyone does. I don't kiss my wife either. I don't like people touching me or touching people, so I'm not the person to ask here.
You're not alone in this. I kiss my mom, because they have been kissing me since I was a kid, and at this point I've just given up. I will kiss my spouse on the lips, but only with closed lips. Tongues and mouths are gross. I've become resilient to hugs among friends, but I only hug those people to whom hugs are clearly important, and only if they're people I care very much about, and even then I don't like it. I detest being touched by coworkers, even the "hand on shoulder" thing that other people seem to think builds camaraderie. All it does is creep me out.

I'd be full on "no touchy" if I had my druthers.
Old 4th August 2021, 02:00 PM   #155
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

When I kiss my mother, my lips actually touch her face. (Unlike our principal in the photo.) Also, I usually have my arms around her at the time. (Unlike our principal in the photo).

I sure hope no one's ever taken a picture of it, or else I'll be facing obscenity charges for sure!
Old 4th August 2021, 02:03 PM   #156
Emily's Cat

I didn't go thumbing through all of the pictures. I am commenting on the ones that have been shared here, as I was under the impression it was those pictures that were inducing the whining.

If there are more, then they should have been included in the information provided. Every picture I've seen he has had a shirt and pants on. That's clothed in my world. It's actually the definition of clothed in my word. It's the clothes I'm wearing now!

Personally, I don't view it as sexual. Maybe I have a high bar. Maybe I just don't go looking for it. Link me to the photos you're looking at, maybe I'll change my mind. None of the ones I've seen right now are sexual, and I think it's extremely prudish for people to think it is, but that's how opinions work
You're right - they do have a shirt on. My bad.

I still contend that the male in question posed between their spouse's legs while reclined on the beach, with the female's head arched back and the male nuzzling their neck is hard to see as not being sexually suggestive.

Note the "suggestive" part of that. Like I said, it's not porn, but it is suggestive. It's a sexy photo. That isn't a problem by any means. And I don't personally find it troublesome. But I can understand that some parents and school administrators might prefer to keep a broader gap between the professionalism of the principal and the sexuality and sexiness of that principal, given that they have authority over children.

Look at it this way: I don't have an objection to people having posters of swimsuit models on their walls. But I do think that it would be inappropriate for a teacher to have a swimsuit model on the wall of their classroom. And I can understand that some parents might object to a teacher having pictures of swimsuit models plastered over their public social media, given that the teacher has authority over their children.

Really though, this is all a matter of opinion, and rather irrelevant. The main take-away here is that I can see no reason at all to assume that the reason for objection to that set of photos has any basis in racism rather than in prudery. We can argue ourselves blue about how much prudery is too much... but that still doesn't transform prudery into racism.

Last edited by Emily's Cat; 4th August 2021 at 02:04 PM.
Emily's Cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 02:06 PM   #157
Warp12
Banned

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
When I kiss my mother, my lips actually touch her face. (Unlike our principal in the photo.) Also, I usually have my arms around her at the time. (Unlike our principal in the photo).

I sure hope no one's ever taken a picture of it, or else I'll be facing obscenity charges for sure!
I doubt it will be an issue...unless she partially spreads her legs open while you mount her (as shown in the full pics).

Last edited by Warp12; 4th August 2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 4th August 2021, 02:17 PM   #158
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

*slowly and clearly*

Just because you think it's clearly sexual means nothing to me. I don't find it sexual. I find it to be a pose for a camera on a vacation. If you guys find it sexual, then you get to join the Karen lady.
Ok, this is getting complicated. See, most of us do kiss our spouses, and even more. We have a special hug we do, that looks remarkably like the FB picture in question, so we recognize the similarity and implication of the pose. Have you ever seen other people do that, who were not in what we call a sexual relationship, or about to enter one poste haste?

Tell you what, I'll find my anatomical dolls and we'll continue this on Skype. Maybe I can get that flirty woman from the next street over to help with the visuals.

And yet again, I and others here don't have an issue with the pic. But we can see how others might.

Quote:
It's worthy of a defensive paragraph from you, apparently.

I wasn't implying it was young. I was mocking people that use phrases referring to garbage trucks, and whatever other childish phrases were uttered, to refer to this picture.
You are confusing posters. That was Warp12. I'm Thermal. If you find reading the screen names challenging, you can look at our avatars. Mine is an orangish fire G.O.A.T. His is one of those blue star hyperspace thingys. You're welcome.
Old 4th August 2021, 02:52 PM   #159
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

That you and others rely on a strawman version to ad-hom an argument here speaks volumes about your dishonesty. But those are logical fallacies, which fall under philosophy, which you claim...doesn't even exist.

God I love this place. Dinner and a show.
But his mile time is really important!!

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2021, 02:59 PM   #160
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Tell you what. I'll be meeting with my HVAC/R crew later today or maybe tomorrow. Four black guys total on that crew, last I saw them. I'll show them the thread and get input from actual black people. God knows we won't get any here. I'll report back on how racist it seems to them.
Oh, the "some of my best friends/people I work with are black" argument. I wondered when or whether you might pull out that old chestnut... again!

Getting your debating tips from Mark Meadows again I see!

Shalamar nailed it in post 107

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!

Last edited by smartcooky; 4th August 2021 at 03:01 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events