IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Facebook incidents , racism charges , school incidents , Texas incidents

Old 31st August 2021, 07:49 AM   #281
Warp12
Banned

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
No detailed thought on what other reason could possibly cause him to be suspended? Is there any evidence he was teaching CRT? What exactly has he done wrong, in your opinion, to earn him a break from work?

I'm kidding, we both know you'll just reply with some snarky quip completely avoiding the topic at hand. You know, like the comment you made here. No real point, nothing addressing the actual topic, evidence or reasoning. Just a quick kick to the guy as you fly-by. Well done.
Why, of course, there can be no other reason besides racism.

I guess if I can't determine the reason, there is no other choice. After all, he is black.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 07:53 AM   #282
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Why, of course, there can be no other reason besides racism.

I guess if I can't determine the reason, there is no other choice. After all, he is black.
Thank you for literally proving my point. I couldn't have asked for a better example. You even fit a few emojis in to top it off!

Of course you don't have any evidence that he was teaching CRT. He's not a teacher, and it's not taught anywhere in the school. So we know that's out. It can't be because of the pictures, as Thermal stated they've been taken down and it's going on 2 years ago. They aren't saying it's because of job performance as they distinctly said it was a "personal matter".

So again, just post your ******* one-liner, top it off with some emojis, and prove my point a little more because seriously, you have nothing else.

Thanks.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 08:01 AM   #283
Warp12
Banned

Thank you for literally proving my point. I couldn't have asked for a better example. You even fit a few emojis in to top it off!

Of course you don't have any evidence that he was teaching CRT. He's not a teacher, and it's not taught anywhere in the school. So we know that's out. It can't be because of the pictures, as Thermal stated they've been taken down and it's going on 2 years ago. They aren't saying it's because of job performance as they distinctly said it was a "personal matter".

So again, just post your ******* one-liner, top it off with some emojis, and prove my point a little more because seriously, you have nothing else.

Thanks.
Whatever you say, bro. Great investigative work on your part, btw. Sounds like you really got to the bottom of this whole thing. I don't need to have any evidence of CRT; the District is not claiming that is the reason for his suspension. You are making that assumption.

The important thing is that we highlight this man as a supposed victim, of course. Because, black guy.

ETA: Did I mention that this guy is black?

Last edited by Warp12; 31st August 2021 at 08:14 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 08:25 AM   #284
plague311
Great minds think...

Whatever you say, bro. Great investigative work on your part, btw. Sounds like you really got to the bottom of this whole thing. I don't need to have any evidence of CRT; the District is not claiming that is the reason for his suspension. You are making that assumption.

The important thing is that we highlight this man as a supposed victim, of course. Because, black guy.

ETA: Did I mention that this guy is black?
Really doubling\tripling down on it, eh? It's definitely working.

It's not investigative work, though I'm sure to some it may seem that way, it's really just deductive reasoning. I can tell I'm right because the opposing argument, which I guess is what you're trying to present, is providing no other reasoning. Just a constant need to mock the idea that it's racist. That his race can't play a factor. Now, of course, you aren't going to provide any other theories, ideas, or possibilities. Why? You have none. You'll just keep repeating this flippant mockery because you know that eventually no one wants to play chess with a pigeon, right?
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 08:26 AM   #285
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I wish people would just go back to using the laughing dog emoji. At least that saved time when they picked a stupid hill to triple down defending.
Old 31st August 2021, 08:29 AM   #286
Warp12
Banned

Really doubling\tripling down on it, eh? It's definitely working.

It's not investigative work, though I'm sure to some it may seem that way, it's really just deductive reasoning. I can tell I'm right because the opposing argument, which I guess is what you're trying to present, is providing no other reasoning. Just a constant need to mock the idea that it's racist. That his race can't play a factor. Now, of course, you aren't going to provide any other theories, ideas, or possibilities. Why? You have none. You'll just keep repeating this flippant mockery because you know that eventually no one wants to play chess with a pigeon, right?
Yes, I am mocking the assumption that it is racist. You have not provided any evidence that it is. It's just a convenient assumption for you and others to make. It is the general groupthink around here.
Old 31st August 2021, 08:35 AM   #287
plague311
Great minds think...

Yes, I am mocking the assumption that it is racist. You have not provided any evidence that it is. It's just a convenient assumption for you and others to make. It is the general groupthink around here.
Yes, yes, yes, I know. This place is just chock full of SJW's and what have you. Which, again, you haven't actually disputed anything I've said. Hell, even this is little more than an ad hom. You aren't dismissing my deductive reasoning based on any of your own. You're just dismissing it because of how we are "around here". It's the laziest, possibly most disingenuous, fallacy to make.

For the record, I'm not saying it's absolutely the reason. I'm saying the way everything is shaping up, it certainly appears to be tied to his race.

You (the general you) can't prove a negative, in your case you (you specifically) haven't even tried to prove anything, but I'd be more than interested in what other reasons there could be for his suspension. I'm sure you have one, after all, us groupthink morons here can only see racism. I'd be shocked if a freethinking, out of the box, genius like you didn't have a perfectly valid explanation. Hopefully you can dumb it down for someone like me, I ain't got the good brains.

Last edited by plague311; 31st August 2021 at 08:36 AM.
Old 31st August 2021, 08:38 AM   #288
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

"I'm not racist, I'm just a self appointed 'Too much racism' watchdog in every discussion about racism" is a weird flex, but okay.

And it's not even an original flex. It's the exact same excuse we always get.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 31st August 2021 at 08:40 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 08:43 AM   #289
Warp12
Banned

You (the general you) can't prove a negative, in your case you (you specifically) haven't even tried to prove anything, but I'd be more than interested in what other reasons there could be for his suspension. I'm sure you have one, after all, us groupthink morons here can only see racism. I'd be shocked if a freethinking, out of the box, genius like you didn't have a perfectly valid explanation. Hopefully you can dumb it down for someone like me, I ain't got the good brains.
I guess the only reason black people ever get suspended is over racial matters. That's using the noggin', all right. Of course, when it comes to white people, there are probably a limitless number of other possibilities.

Gee, I wonder what keeps victimhood mentality thriving? Its many supporters, of course!
Old 31st August 2021, 08:52 AM   #290
plague311
Great minds think...

I guess the only reason black people ever get suspended is over racial matters. That's using the noggin', all right. Of course, when it comes to white people, there are probably a limitless number of other possibilities.
Your ability to form a strawman has increased! (15)
Your ability to dodge providing an answer has increased! (23)

Gee, I wonder what keeps victimhood mentality thriving? Its many supporters, of course!
Ooohh nice dig, I think you have it thinly veiled enough to pass muster. Good on ya. Is this all you have? Just a rinse\repeat of "it's not racist"? If so we can just stop. I'm really doing nothing more than forcing you into saying the same thing repeatedly because it's mildly entertaining for me to watch you find new ways to admit, without actually admitting, that you've got no alternative theory. I'm good when you're good.
Old 31st August 2021, 08:54 AM   #291
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

"I'm not racist, I will just never believe a single incident of racism exists" is again, a weird flex.
Old 31st August 2021, 09:01 AM   #292
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Doc Whitfield is calling out the board for racism, according to his own words in his FB posting, because a speaker said Whitfields name during his address (which the Board interrupted to reprimanded Clark for repeatedly during his speaking). Whitfield brought up the couple year old anniversary pics (which he hadn't previously said a peep about) in support of this.

Honestly, now. Does this sound just a little capricious, race-wise? Sounds a whole lot more like an anti-CRT battle getting red-herringed.

Dr Whitfield used his personal FB page to discuss both school matters, personal life, and CRT advocating. Seems to me if he kept school matters off the personal FB page, the board would have no issue with any of it. Reasonable or nah?
Old 31st August 2021, 09:08 AM   #293
carlitos
"más divertido"

I can't understand your first point at all. Who is Clark? Reprimanded for repeatedly ___ what? In support of "this" what?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2021, 09:10 AM   #294
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Doc Whitfield is calling out the board for racism, according to his own words in his FB posting, because a speaker said Whitfields name during his address (which the Board interrupted to reprimanded Clark for repeatedly during his speaking).
No, they corrected him once, according to reports. The fact is that after they corrected him, he kept calling him by his name, and no one really seemed to bother correcting him after that. Unless I missed something, I've been doing that a lot around here.

Whitfield brought up the couple year old anniversary pics (which he hadn't previously said a peep about) in support of this.
I understood that he brought it up to show a pattern of behavior, which appears to be targeting him for minute, pathetic little things just to nitpick or harass him.

Honestly, now. Does this sound just a little capricious, race-wise? Sounds a whole lot more like an anti-CRT battle getting red-herringed.
Yet there's no CRT being taught in the school, let alone by the principal, who of course doesn't teach. He hasn't pushed for anything CRT related to be taught in the schools, he hasn't pressured any teachers to teach racism, etc., or at least there's absolutely no evidence of it.

So why would a man who has not done anything at all with regards to implementing, or pursuing the teachings of CRT in a school being targeted? What other possible explanation could there be that a man is being targeted for absolutely no reason at all? Anyone? Take your time. I know I'm stumped.

Dr Whitfield used his personal FB page to discuss both school matters, personal life, and CRT advocating. Seems to me if he kept school matters off the personal FB page, the board would have no issue with any of it. Reasonable or nah?
Absolutely Thermal, you're absolutely right. I couldn't agree more. There is absolutely no way at all that anyone, in any way, could possibly view this as racist. Thank you for clearing that up, this is obviously just one big misunderstanding and Whitfield should just shut the **** up, get fired, and learn to keep his God damned mouth shut in the future, ESPECIALLY on his facebook.

Last edited by plague311; 31st August 2021 at 09:13 AM.
Old 31st August 2021, 09:18 AM   #295
Warp12
Banned

For the record, I'm not saying it's absolutely the reason.
Sweet. You're halfway there.
Old 31st August 2021, 09:21 AM   #296
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I can't understand your first point at all. Who is Clark? Reprimanded for repeatedly ___ what? In support of "this" what?
Catch up on the thread. It was just on the previous page.
Old 31st August 2021, 09:26 AM   #297
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

The entire thread has been nothing but the same "I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, I'm just saying that racism never actually happens, and my proof is liberals are SJW cucks who who overplay the race card" from the same people who make that argument in every thread.

There, now everybody is entirely caught up on everything that matters.
Old 31st August 2021, 09:34 AM   #298
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

No, they corrected him once, according to reports. The fact is that after they corrected him, he kept calling him by his name, and no one really seemed to bother correcting him after that. Unless I missed something, I've been doing that a lot around here.
Watch the video. I did. It was twice, and no, they didn't let him continue.

Quote:
I understood that he brought it up to show a pattern of behavior, which appears to be targeting him for minute, pathetic little things just to nitpick or harass him.
Yeah, exactly two things in this pattern: "letting" a speaker say his name, and asking him to remove arguably sexy pics on a page where he discusses school matters.

Quote:
Yet there's no CRT being taught in the school, let alone by the principal, who of course doesn't teach. He hasn't pushed for anything CRT related to be taught in the schools, he hasn't pressured any teachers to teach racism, etc., or at least there's absolutely no evidence of it.

So why would a man who has not done anything at all with regards to implementing, or pursuing the teachings of CRT in a school being targeted? What other possible explanation could there be that a man is being targeted for absolutely no reason at all? Anyone? Take your time. I know I'm stumped.
Yeah, I think the CRT postings are much ado about nothing. An evidently conservative contingent is making noise over it. So ok. They're not the only ******** bitching about CRT for no reason. The Board did nothing to support said bitching, though. A lot of posters here seem to forget that. They have to hear concerns as a formality, which they did. No other action till being publicly called out for racism by their new principal. If all Whitfield has is "letting" Clark say his name, and the anniversary pics, then I dunno. Pretty weak T.

Quote:
Absolutely Thermal, you're absolutely right. I couldn't agree more. There is absolutely no way at all that anyone, in any way, could possibly view this as racist. Thank you for clearing that up, this is obviously just one big misunderstanding and Whitfield should just shut the **** up, get fired, and learn to keep his God damned mouth shut in the future, ESPECIALLY on his facebook.
Not what I said. Pay attention:

Keep school matters off his personal page. Done and done, and IMHO, reasonable.
Old 31st August 2021, 09:43 AM   #299
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
The entire thread has been nothing but the same "I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, I'm just saying that racism never actually happens, and my proof is liberals are SJW cucks who who overplay the race card" from the same people who make that argument in every thread.

There, now everybody is entirely caught up on everything that matters.
I think my personal favorite has been:

"You have no evidence it's based on racism"

To which I reply:

"Technically true. There's nothing solid because that's not how ******* racism works. What I can say is that it can't be due to CRT, because he doesn't teach and isn't having his teachers teach CRT? So if that's the reason "they" are upset, then it's just a screen. He took the pictures down per their request so it can't be that either. It's not his job performance or else they wouldn't have said it was a 'personal matter' (which he is steadfastly denying). Which doesn't leave us with a whole hell of a lot of other options. He's obviously being targeted as this is the 3rd thing they've tried to harass him with specifically (the Floyd stuff was brought up too), and it appears this is working."

I'm not positive it's racism, but I'm ******* trying to come up with something else and I'm left with my hands open. I've asked warp12 and he doesn't have anything at all. Just the normal one-liner quips that always seem to pop-up. Thermal has made a quasi decent argument, but it's really just based on saying "they didn't say they were racist, so it's probably not racism. It's probably just this CRT thing." Which just doesn't pass the sniff...
Old 31st August 2021, 09:48 AM   #300
plague311
Great minds think...

Do you have a link? Maybe I watched the wrong video. Just a post # will work too.

Yeah, exactly two things in this pattern: "letting" a speaker say his name, and asking him to remove arguably sexy pics on a page where he discusses school matters.
Plus the complaints about George Floyd and the statements that he's teaching, wants to teach, or is pushing "CRT" in some way, but ok.

Yeah, I think the CRT postings are much ado about nothing. An evidently conservative contingent is making noise over it. So ok. They're not the only ******** bitching about CRT for no reason. The Board did nothing to support said bitching, though. A lot of posters here seem to forget that. They have to hear concerns as a formality, which they did. No other action till being publicly called out for racism by their new principal. If all Whitfield has is "letting" Clark say his name, and the anniversary pics, then I dunno. Pretty weak T.
But they are doing something, he's suspended right now. If what you're saying is true then this is a crazy amount of restriction on the 1st Amendment rights of a public school principal (I'm pretty sure that, like universities they do get reasonable leeway in what they can say, due to being a government employee). Lets be honest though, there will be nothing at all that makes you see this otherwise. You aren't even being honest by including everything that's happened. Nothing will change unless you physically see one of the people involved say on video, "I can't stand black men, and he's a black man" and even then I'm there's a "but he's only one person, not the whole district" waiting on the tip of the tongue.

Not what I said. Pay attention:

Keep school matters off his personal page. Done and done, and IMHO, reasonable.
That's not required. That's not something he has to do. That's not a policy I've seen, and that's not what the **** this is about because that's not at all what the school is saying. If you're implying that it's about what he's posting on facebook more than racism then I'll need to see the same amount of evidence that you're requesting with regards to proving it's about racism. As of right now, I see nothing to support this and it's just another red herring in a bowl of red herrings used against this guy.

Last edited by plague311; 31st August 2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 31st August 2021, 11:13 AM   #301
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Do you have a link? Maybe I watched the wrong video. Just a post # will work too. Plus the complaints about George Floyd and the statements that he's teaching, wants to teach, or is pushing "CRT" in some way, but ok.
You're conflating entirely different issues: one is the Boards actions against Whitfield, the other is the public complaining about Whitfield. They are not the same issue.

Quote:
But they are doing something, he's suspended right now.
Where have you been? They are suspending him now for publicly accusing his employer of some fairly nasty actions. A principal serves at the pleasure of the BOE, as noted. If you publicly accused your boss of racism on similar grounds, would you expect him to willingly keep employing you or you think you might face some problems?

Quote:
If what you're saying is true then this is a crazy amount of restriction on the 1st Amendment rights of a public school principal (I'm pretty sure that, like universities they do get reasonable leeway in what they can say, due to being a government employee).
See above. The Board might also start bantering the term "libel" around. The man can speak his mind. That doesn't mean the Board is required to keep him.on the public payroll.

Quote:
Lets be honest though, there will be nothing at all that makes you see this otherwise. You aren't even being honest by including everything that's happened. Nothing will change unless you physically see one of the people involved say on video, "I can't stand black men, and he's a black man" and even then I'm there's a "but he's only one person, not the whole district" waiting on the tip of the tongue.
Oh, please shove the personalization. But since you are totally not baiting me:

You should know by now how I argue these things. "Isms" are not assumed or a given; they need to be shown. Do you automatically scream "sexism!" over something bad happening to a woman? Hey, maybe the Board has female members who are being sexist against Dr Whitfield? The "auto-racist" argument literally is that stupid. Ya gots to show your work. Your personal assumptions don't cut it.

Quote:
That's not required. That's not something he has to do. That's not a policy I've seen, and that's not what the **** this is about because that's not at all what the school is saying. If you're implying that it's about what he's posting on facebook more than racism then I'll need to see the same amount of evidence that you're requesting with regards to proving it's about racism. As of right now, I see nothing to support this and it's just another red herring in a bowl of red herrings used against this guy.
FFS, dude, Whitfields whole argument is a red herring. Against the BOE (see above) he has two claims: "allowing" Clark to speak his name (they demonstrably didn't), and the anniversary pics, singled out from his many postings of him with his wife and family. Note that even the pic of he and his wife embracing under a mirrored ceiling was not objected to and remains even now.

The Board has taken no action against him over the current CRT witch hunt, complete with Floyd references. Yet Whitfield loudly blasts them for racism. So they suspend him. That's what we are looking at here.
Old 31st August 2021, 11:21 AM   #302
plague311
Great minds think...

*snipped*
Got it, thanks.

ETA: Anyone want to take a stab in the dark at what color the interim principal is?

Last edited by plague311; 31st August 2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 1st September 2021, 03:26 PM   #303
Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...253238543.html

Clark is reading a prepared speech that is all about Mr Whitfield. He says his name at 13" and 15" in the video, but he's interrupted at 51" and told to stop personalising and concentrate on issues (sounds familiar somehow); he ignores this and carries on with his prepared speech which only addresses Mr Whitfield's views and mentions him several times, including by name at 1' 59". He is again interrupted just after that and asked to stop mentioning specific employees. He continues with his speech and mentions Mr Whitfield again at 2' 28" and then finishes his speech, which he was allowed to do.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2021, 02:33 PM   #304
Warp12
Banned

ETA: Anyone want to take a stab in the dark at what color the interim principal is?
Hopefully, the color of the most qualified candidate. Although I can imagine that if the person isn't black, that is more than enough "evidence" of racism...for some.
Old 21st September 2021, 06:49 AM   #305
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Black principal will not have his contract renewed because he is too uppity.

Quote:
Here is where
@GCISD
read off reasons for proposing to not renew his contract as principal.

Apparently
@robinryan_gcisd
alleged that Dr. Whitfield was “insubordinate”, “unreasonable” and “disrespectful”.
https://twitter.com/KarenAttiah/stat...84757434781706

Quote:
The Grapevine-Colleyville ISD school board approved a proposal Monday not to renew the contract of suspended Heritage High School principal James Whitfield.

Board members voted 7-0 on a recommendation from Superintendent Robin Ryan and repeatedly said the vote was a "procedural" step that would allow Whitfield to make his case.

The district publicly revealed for the first time its reasons for the recommendation of nonrenewal. The allegations include deleting emails as a public record, insubordination, failing to cooperate with an internal investigation and being dishonest with the media.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/gr...uture/2747298/

I suppose a black man ought to know better than to run off his mouth to his betters in Texas, even if he's a principal or has a PhD

Last edited by TurkeysGhost; 21st September 2021 at 06:50 AM.
TurkeysGhost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2021, 07:59 AM   #306
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Black principal will not have his contract renewed because he is too uppity.
Quote:
The allegations include deleting emails as a public record, insubordination, failing to cooperate with an internal investigation and being dishonest with the media.
Do we know any of the accusations to actually be untrue? I mean, this same Board appointed him to Middle School Principal, then High School Principal in short order. Not exactly keeping a brother down. They seem to have been boosting and supporting his career.

The tweet video also abruptly cuts off when reading the charge of failure to comply with Board policies.

Quote:
I suppose a black man ought to know better than to run off his mouth to his betters in Texas, even if he's a principal or has a PhD
I dunno man. Even now, Dr Whitfield's accusation to the board is:

Originally Posted by Dr Whitfield
"I’ve only chosen to speak up after they allowed that man to speak my name at the board meeting.
That's it? That's all this is about? 'Allowing' someone to speak his name at a Board meeting (which the speaker was told not to do, twice)?

Then he publicly, nay, internationally, calls them racist over the pics from a couple years ago? Yeah, I can sure see someone getting fired over that alone.

I certainly hope there is a whole lot more to this story cuz it makes like no sense as-is. What we need are the specifics of the Board's accusations and Whitfield's response to come to even preliminary conclusions. No more red herrings, whether CRT or anniversary pics.
Old 21st September 2021, 08:12 AM   #307
plague311
Great minds think...

I certainly hope there is a whole lot more to this story cuz it makes like no sense as-is. What we need are the specifics of the Board's accusations and Whitfield's response to come to even preliminary conclusions. No more red herrings, whether CRT or anniversary pics.
Well, let me provide some more:

Quote:
The official gave a laundry list of reasons that included performance issues, insubordination with superiors, and Whitfield failing to establish and implement high expectations for all staff and students.

In addition, the official also said Whitfield was deficient in observation reports, evaluations and lacked communication skills and situational awareness.

The official also listed an instance where Whitfield failed to report misconduct among staff.
So if I'm reading this right, he did exactly **** all right during his tenure with the school at all. He'd only been in the role of principal for that school for, what, a few months maybe? They had this "laundry list of complaints" yet promoted him to his current position despite all of those? Even the paper said:

Quote:
Regardless, Whitfield has been a shining star with the district and has been promoted several times in the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD system.
You're absolutely right, something doesn't make sense.

How did the Dr. keep this hidden for so long? How did the BoE all of a sudden discover this "laundry list of reasons"? Why was the Dr. repeatedly promoted if he was such a complete and total doofus at his job, as the allegations certainly imply? Like I said, something doesn't make sense.

As you've pointed out without hesitancy or second-guessing, it can't, I say it CAN'T be because of racism. So we can scratch that out.

I guess he just is exceedingly unqualified and was able to trick them all those years right up until he, coincidentally I'm sure, expressed his opinions about racism, and issues facing PoC\CRT on his FB page. Makes sense to me.
Old 21st September 2021, 08:24 AM   #308
plague311
Great minds think...

That's it? That's all this is about? 'Allowing' someone to speak his name at a Board meeting (which the speaker was told not to do, twice)?
It's enough for one of the board members to apologize for it at the least meeting:

Quote:
Though Monday’s decision was unanimous, several board members said the vote was procedural and did not reflect their position on whether Whitfield’s contract should be terminated. One went so far as to apologize for not defending Whitfield after he was “unjustly attacked” in July.

“I think this moment is an opportunity to express some regret for not speaking up,” board member Coley Canter said. “I didn’t do it, and I regret that. … I am changed by this moment. Our community is changed by this moment.”
Per the Board President:

Quote:
Jorge Rodríguez recounted how he was “very excited” when Whitfield was hired on as principal, first at a middle school and then at Colleyville Heritage High School.
So, Thermal, there is more to the story. Now it appears the next step is for Dr. Whitfield to defend himself in front of the board. A board which seems a bit indecisive.

Last edited by plague311; 21st September 2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old 21st September 2021, 08:37 AM   #309
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Well, let me provide some more:

So if I'm reading this right, he did exactly **** all right during his tenure with the school at all. He'd only been in the role of principal for that school for, what, a few months maybe? They had this "laundry list of complaints" yet promoted him to his current position despite all of those? Even the paper said:

You're absolutely right, something doesn't make sense.

How did the Dr. keep this hidden for so long? How did the BoE all of a sudden discover this "laundry list of reasons"? Why was the Dr. repeatedly promoted if he was such a complete and total doofus at his job, as the allegations certainly imply? Like I said, something doesn't make sense.

As you've pointed out without hesitancy or second-guessing, it can't, I say it CAN'T be because of racism. So we can scratch that out.
That's a dead-ass bald-faced lie. I said nothing of the kind. Of course it could be; but after rocketing his career to the top, the Board...what? Just now noticed he was black? That's stupid to even suggest.

What might be interesting is if the Board had changed leadership/membership during a recent election. Then it would be a strong case to say that when the Board got new members, his performance was suddenly deemed inadequate. That would be a strong argument for racism or a personal grudge.

But if we are looking at the same Board that supported his career advancement, then out of the blue have donned Klan hoods, that's... well a take that will need more support.

Quote:
I guess he just is exceedingly unqualified and was able to trick them all those years right up until he, coincidentally I'm sure, expressed his opinions about racism, and issues facing PoC\CRT on his FB page. Makes sense to me.
Check his FB. He's been doing that for years. It's not new.

I'm inclined to think that someone influential in the community who has that knee-jerk hatred/misunderstanding of CRT leaned hard on the Board, rather than the Board abruptly turning white supremacist. But Whitfield's claim that this is all over some douche being allowed by the Board to speak his name (untrue) makes me think there is something else going on.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:04 AM   #310
plague311
Great minds think...

That's a dead-ass bald-faced lie. I said nothing of the kind. Of course it could be; but after rocketing his career to the top, the Board...what? Just now noticed he was black? That's stupid to even suggest.
Are you serious? No wonder it's too stupid to suggest, because it's a ******* strawman. No one has implied that. In fact, I don't even see much of this to be the boards doing (outside of voting to hire him, and now voting to not renew). Something I learned through research.

I mean hell, even as you know, someone else brought the complaint about his FB. The board had to address it. The board didn't initiate it them ******* selves. However, it's possible that someone with racial undertones is behind the complaints to the board, maybe, eh?

What might be interesting is if the Board had changed leadership/membership during a recent election. Then it would be a strong case to say that when the Board got new members, his performance was suddenly deemed inadequate. That would be a strong argument for racism or a personal grudge.
Check this out, cause I'm going to blow your mind right now. THE BOARD ISN'T THE ONE INITIATING OR ATTEMPTING TO FIRE DR. WHITFIELD!

Quote:
Superintendent Robin Ryan submitted a request to the district’s board, asking its members to authorize a move to notify Whitfield of Ryan’s intent to end the principal’s contract.
The board are just the ones voting on it. As I've said, they voted 7-0 to not renew, why?:

Quote:
“The vote tonight, this is not about terminating Dr. Whitfield’s contract,” he added. “This is just a procedural vote, where the board decides to hear Dr. Whitfield’s side.”
But if we are looking at the same Board that supported his career advancement, then out of the blue have donned Klan hoods, that's... well a take that will need more support.
You apparently have no idea what the roles of all the people involved are because you keep coming back to the board. The one fault of the board that I can see, from Whitfield's side, is that they let that member call him out by name, repeatedly, without sticking up for him. Something that members of the board themselves have acknowledged and apologized for, stating that it was wrong. You seem to be the only one treating it like it's nothing. Why? Because to you it is nothing. I'm sure, to you, it makes no sense why he doesn't just get over it.

Check his FB. He's been doing that for years. It's not new.
Evidence? When did he begin posting about racism in society, George Floyd, and CRT? Before he was hired as a principal? Were his opinions already known? When was that in relation to him being promoted, him being dismissed, and him now defending himself against removal? What is the time frame of all of that? This is your claim, support it. I'm not thumbing through his entire FB to see when he started making comments in order for me to support your claim.

I'm inclined to think that someone influential in the community who has that knee-jerk hatred/misunderstanding of CRT leaned hard on the Board, rather than the Board abruptly turning white supremacist. But Whitfield's claim that this is all over some douche being allowed by the Board to speak his name (untrue) makes me think there is something else going on.
What the **** is that? Untrue? Matthew straight up provided you God damned time stamps, and a link to the video showing Clark called him out at least half a dozen or more times. Did you look at it?

Whitfield's claim isn't that this is all over some douche speaking his name. Whitfield's claim is that he's being targeted for speaking his mind about racially sensitive topics. Something that Clark, himself, said he was targeting Whitfield for! This isn't about the board, the board is just the arbiter. As information has come in we should re-evaluate.

The Board has to vote on this, and for some reason the Superintendent now wants the principal gone. So yes, something is definitely off.

Last edited by plague311; 21st September 2021 at 10:14 AM.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:15 AM   #311
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

It's enough for one of the board members to apologize for it at the least meeting:
"Not defending Whitfield" =/= "saying his name". I'm sure they do regret not putting up more of a PR show, considering the fallout.

Quote:
Per the Board President:

So, Thermal, there is more to the story.
Where is the "more"? What else would the Board President say publicly? "Man, I had some real reservations about installing a darkie as principal". I don't see anything "more" you are offering.

Quote:
Now it appears the next step is for Dr. Whitfield to defend himself in front of the board. A board which seems a bit indecisive.
Which is the part I'd like to hear before pointing the racist finger at the Board.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:18 AM   #312
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Seems to me that the major gripe is that our principal wasn't appropriately obsequious when a small group of unhinged parents starting whining about Critical Race Theory or prudishly complaining about some glamour shots on social media. Rather than stand up for their employee, the board finds it easier to just throw him under the bus.

Hopefully the political fallout for such a shamefully cowardly response will result in sufficient drive to replace these dorks.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:49 AM   #313
plague311
Great minds think...

"Not defending Whitfield" =/= "saying his name". I'm sure they do regret not putting up more of a PR show, considering the fallout.
Yes, it literally ******* does equal that in this case. He brought up the meeting by date. You're great at mind reading though, so I'm sure you're right lol.

Where is the "more"? What else would the Board President say publicly? "Man, I had some real reservations about installing a darkie as principal". I don't see anything "more" you are offering.
Yup, in true "Thermal" style it can only be racism if it's blatantly and excessively over the ******* top racism. No other racism exists. Also, still stuck on "the board" eh? Did you not read a damn thing?

Which is the part I'd like to hear before pointing the racist finger at the Board.
I'm not pointing the racist finger at the board, since it doesn't appear this is much of the boards doing. You just either don't understand what's going on, or just don't care. All you care about is that absolutely everyone is found to not be racist.

You don't even know what's going on, as you've proven now repeatedly. Just stop.
Old 21st September 2021, 11:10 AM   #314
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Are you serious? No wonder it's too stupid to suggest, because it's a ******* strawman. No one has implied that. In fact, I don't even see much of this to be the boards doing (outside of voting to hire him, and now voting to not renew). Something I learned through research.

I mean hell, even as you know, someone else brought the complaint about his FB. The board had to address it. The board didn't initiate it them ******* selves. However, it's possible that someone with racial undertones is behind the complaints to the board, maybe, eh?

Check this out, cause I'm going to blow your mind right now. THE BOARD ISN'T THE ONE INITIATING OR ATTEMPTING TO FIRE DR. WHITFIELD!
Yeah, stellar research dude. You are parroting back what I already pointed out to you on this very page, that the Board did nothing. Yet from the OP (and Whitfields statements), the Board is being blasted as racist. As we seem to agree, the Board has done nothing yet. So what are you arguing with me about? Im arguing against the alleged racism of the Board. It has not been shown.

Quote:
The board are just the ones voting on it. As I've said, they voted 7-0 to not renew, why?:
They have cited their reasons in generalities. Dunno if they are accurate or a smear campaign. Publicly calling the Board racist is reason enough, though. Serving at the pleasure and all.

Quote:
You apparently have no idea what the roles of all the people involved are because you keep coming back to the board. The one fault of the board that I can see, from Whitfield's side, is that they let that member call him out by name, repeatedly, without sticking up for him. Something that members of the board themselves have acknowledged and apologized for, stating that it was wrong. You seem to be the only one treating it like it's nothing. Why? Because to you it is nothing. I'm sure, to you, it makes no sense why he doesn't just get over it.
You could give reading my posts a shot, rather than making **** up. It's an option.

Quote:
Evidence? When did he begin posting about racism in society, George Floyd, and CRT? Before he was hired as a principal? Were his opinions already known? When was that in relation to him being promoted, him being dismissed, and him now defending himself against removal? What is the time frame of all of that? This is your claim, support it. I'm not thumbing through his entire FB to see when he started making comments in order for me to support your claim.
His Facebook has been linked since the OP. Knock yourself out. It's not my claim, it is looking at the included links. Please don't ask me to read the provided materials and assemble a picture book for you while you sit on your thumbs.

Quote:
What the **** is that? Untrue? Matthew straight up provided you God damned time stamps, and a link to the video showing Clark called him out at least half a dozen or more times. Did you look at it?
MB confirmed what I said, that two corrections were made on the two occasions Whitfields name was used. One more, in the final second, was said, that I guess the Board didn't respond to because it was over.

Whitfield's name was said three times. Twice admonished by the Board, and the last upon finishing. I guess they should have reprimanded him again after he was done, but it doesn't strike me as a horror off horrors, when he had already been repeatedly rebuked. I'd guess they were happy he had stopped talking and let it go

Quote:
Whitfield's claim isn't that this is all over some douche speaking his name. Whitfield's claim is that he's being targeted for speaking his mind about racially sensitive topics. Something that Clark, himself, said he was targeting Whitfield for! This isn't about the board, the board is just the arbiter. As information has come in we should re-evaluate.

The Board has to vote on this, and for some reason the Superintendent now wants the principal gone. So yes, something is definitely off.
Something to do with Doc Whitfield calling the Board, specifically, racists, to an international audience, ya think?
Old 21st September 2021, 11:13 AM   #315
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, it literally ******* does equal that in this case. He brought up the meeting by date. You're great at mind reading though, so I'm sure you're right lol.

Yup, in true "Thermal" style it can only be racism if it's blatantly and excessively over the ******* top racism. No other racism exists. Also, still stuck on "the board" eh? Did you not read a damn thing?

I'm not pointing the racist finger at the board, since it doesn't appear this is much of the boards doing. You just either don't understand what's going on, or just don't care. All you care about is that absolutely everyone is found to not be racist.

You don't even know what's going on, as you've proven now repeatedly. Just stop.
Plague. Bro. Yet again:

I told you earlier on this very page that the Board had done nothing. In your personalizing zeal, you forgot and think you have a gotcha. You don't.
Old 21st September 2021, 11:14 AM   #316
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Something to do with Doc Whitfield calling the Board, specifically, racists, to an international audience, ya think?
Is he wrong though? Rolling over to a bunch of thinly veiled racist complaints (which CRT hysteria absolutely is) is either complicity with that racism, or total cowardice. Neither are admirable qualities.
Old 21st September 2021, 11:22 AM   #317
plague311
Great minds think...

Plague. Bro. Yet again:

I told you earlier on this very page that the Board had done nothing. In your personalizing zeal, you forgot and think you have a gotcha. You don't.
Because while I don't believe the board is racist, I believe Whitfield is being targeted because of racism. I believe the board is being passive in letting Whitfield being attacked, which while it's not racist, all it takes for evil, blah, blah, blah. If they sit and let some ******* break the rules specifically designed to protect its members then they should be called out on it. They were, they are now apologizing.

The entire thing, to me, has been is Whitfield being targeted because of racism? If we agree on parts, great. Go us, we're both awesome. But if the board is pandering to racists then Whitfield is still being targeted because of racism, right? Which, while I can't blame "the board" because it's clear not all of them condone it, it still means racism is a central part.

Good God I hope this is ******* clear now.
Old 21st September 2021, 11:24 AM   #318
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Is he wrong though? Rolling over to a bunch of thinly veiled racist complaints (which CRT hysteria absolutely is) is either complicity with that racism, or total cowardice. Neither are admirable qualities.
I guess it depends on ow much strength the Board's charges have, which we don't know yet in any detail.

We know the Board is pissed now. They didnt appear to be before being called racist by Whitfield. If all of their complaints stem from Whitfields public charges onward, they have a point.

If their documented issues precede the publicity, and are unevidenced, they got some splaining to do Lucy.
Old 21st September 2021, 11:24 AM   #319
Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know what the obsession with "saying his name" is. I'm pretty sure that the problem is not that the complainant said his name out loud, but that he was, as we like to say on this board, addressing the arguer rather than the argument. His entire speech was addressing Mr Whitfield - it really isn't important how many times he "said his name" out loud, the whole thing was personal, and that was the problem.

Maybe we can move on from how many times he "said his name"?
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2021, 11:28 AM   #320
plague311
Great minds think...

I guess it depends on ow much strength the Board's charges have, which we don't know yet in any detail.

We know the Board is pissed now. They didnt appear to be before being called racist by Whitfield. If all of their complaints stem from Whitfields public charges onward, they have a point.

If their documented issues precede the publicity, and are unevidenced, they got some splaining to do Lucy.
How do you figure the board is pissed? What has the board said?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events