ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 14th April 2019, 05:14 AM   #1281
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Polticized much?

Did we fall for the loonies' left wing russian collusion hoax?

Rachel didnt tell you someone caught CNN admitting it was BS ?

'Project Veritas' Catches CNN Producer Admitting Russia Story Is "Mostly ********," "About Ratings"

"I can’t think of a right-wing conspiracy claim that turned out to be warranted"

"I'll counter this point not by bringing up a right-wing conspiracy claim that was warranted, but by posting about a left-wing conspiracy claim with a broken link!*"

And you wonder why we don't buy your ********.

*and let's just address that link, shall we? Who was the guy being filmed?

"“I haven’t seen any good enough evidence to show that the president committed a crime,” CNN supervising producer John Bonifield, who works in the network's medical unit, says in the clip."

So, a guy who doesn't even work in that division of CNN, in a video produced by someone notorious for editing video deceptively, saying something dismissive, that is nothing more than his own personal opinion, is supposed to be what, exactly? It's certainly not convincing.
Old 14th April 2019, 07:04 AM   #1282
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
"I can’t think of a right-wing conspiracy claim that turned out to be warranted"

"I'll counter this point not by bringing up a right-wing conspiracy claim that was warranted, but by posting about a left-wing conspiracy claim with a broken link!*"

"“I haven’t seen any good enough evidence to show that the president committed a crime,” CNN supervising producer John Bonifield, who works in the network's medical unit, says in the clip."

So, a guy who doesn't even work in that division of CNN, in a video produced by someone notorious for editing video deceptively, saying something dismissive, that is nothing more than his own personal opinion, is supposed to be what, exactly? It's certainly not convincing.
To be fair a lot of YT videos have been manipulated to show the producers "beliefs" not necessarily fact that can be substantiated.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 07:17 AM   #1283
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
To be fair a lot of YT videos have been manipulated to show the producers "beliefs" not necessarily fact that can be substantiated.
O'Keefe is in his own league, though.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 09:34 AM   #1284
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
O'Keefe is in his own league, though.
I'm assuming you mean Ken O'Keefe, but there are a lot more on YT that push their agenda as "poorly"/""ideological"/"hoax"/"big bad lying government" such as Eric Dubay, Pascal Xavier ALA hunchbacked, Jarrah White to name a few.

Now realize I'm not disagreeing with you just pointing out that there are others in the same camp of stupid people that use YT to dispense BS.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 10:24 AM   #1285
Bubba
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post

Deeply sorry re bad link.

Silver lining:

Project Veritas’ American Pravda: CNN continues today with a video of left-leaning political commentator Van Jones caught on camera plainly stating that “the Russia thing is just a big nothing burger.”

This video comes just a day after CNN's statement declaring John Bonifield was just a "health producer" and "isn’t involved in Russia or Trump coverage."

https://www.projectveritas.com/american-pravda-cnn/
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 02:33 PM   #1286
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

I'm assuming you mean Ken O'Keefe, but there are a lot more on YT that push their agenda as "poorly"/""ideological"/"hoax"/"big bad lying government" such as Eric Dubay, Pascal Xavier ALA hunchbacked, Jarrah White to name a few.

Now realize I'm not disagreeing with you just pointing out that there are others in the same camp of stupid people that use YT to dispense BS.
No, I meant James O'Keefe of Project Veritas.
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 02:38 PM   #1287
bknight
Graduate Poster

No, I meant James O'Keefe of Project Veritas.
Ok, but my comments concerning others rantings still stands.
Old 14th April 2019, 04:35 PM   #1288
Bubba
Master Poster

Do tell when Rachel reports those nothingburger and BS comments from CNN's Bonfield and Jones
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 06:43 PM   #1289
Bubba
Master Poster

regarding

Quote:

Bonifield said:
" I haven’t seen any good enough evidence to show that the president committed a crime,” CNN supervising producer John Bonifield, who works in the network's medical unit, says in the clip."

(Bonifield also said 'the president is right to say we are witch hunting him'.... Its all about ratings' )

Horatius posted,
Quote:
by Horatius

This bit strikes me as sorta lame: "...a guy who doesn't even work in that division of CNN."

Bonifield mentioned being in staff meetings with their boss.
Did Rachel assure you Bonifield never talks with other CNN producers, off camera ?

...just a day after CNN's statement declaring John Bonifield was just a "health producer" and "isn’t involved in Russia or Trump coverage, etc, along comes a bigger fire you'd have to extinguish :

"https://www.projectveritas.com/american-pravda-cnn/
Old 14th April 2019, 07:27 PM   #1290
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

It's like we just went in a time warp back to 2008.

I don't understand, Bubba.

Can you get out a blackboard and draw words and lines all over it for me?

ETA: bonus points if you cry about how you fear for America's future.
Old 15th April 2019, 01:35 AM   #1291
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
....and the most annoying award goes to, envelope please....

Be sure to tune in next week !
Is there a grown-up there who can help you, Bubba? Most people don't need a week to open an envelope.
Old 15th April 2019, 07:14 AM   #1292
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
At least in general. I don’t remember some of the more specific details. There’s the typical mishmash of classifications as bureaucracy evolves over decades, including the amusing detail that “Formerly Restricted Data”... still is.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 07:20 AM   #1293
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
At least in general. I don’t remember some of the more specific details. There’s the typical mishmash of classifications as bureaucracy evolves over decades, including the amusing detail that “Formerly Restricted Data”... still is.
As in classified data that may or may not have been unclassified over the decades? Apollo data was classified secret for a bit until that all was unclassified.
Old 15th April 2019, 07:45 AM   #1294
Bubba
Master Poster

It's like we just went in a time warp back to 2008.

I don't understand, Bubba.

Can you get out a blackboard and draw words and lines all over it for me?

ETA: bonus points if you cry about how you fear for America's future.

True the left one isnt American, but still...

https://magaimg.net/img/7qqa.jpg
Old 15th April 2019, 07:46 AM   #1295
Bubba
Master Poster

Now we know why they evicted Assange

http://magaimg.net/img/7qto.jpg
Old 15th April 2019, 07:53 AM   #1296
carlitos
"más divertido"

I invite all patriotic americans to join me in not clicking "maga img dot net."
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 08:16 AM   #1297
Bubba
Master Poster

Someone said "the left can't meme"

thats funny
Old 15th April 2019, 08:35 AM   #1298
Bubba
Master Poster

Although I think the left can meme. I've seen 1 or 2.

No wonder they dont like memes
Old 15th April 2019, 09:03 AM   #1299
carlitos
"más divertido"

Seltzer water is good. I like it best when it's only lightly sparking. In Germany, they sell "lightly" and "medium" sparkling, which are nice options to have.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 10:46 AM   #1300
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Apollo data was classified secret for a bit until that all was unclassified.
Project Chapel Bell is still classified, though widely rumored to relate to over-the-horizon radar. Not even the astronauts were told what it was, only that it pertained to the launch vehicle only and not their mission. A lot of the bits of Apollo were classified for obvious reasons: they dealt with U.S. missile capability. Some, like the low-light television pickup tubes, were just sort of handed to Apollo under the table from Defense without talking a lot about it. The debriefings were classified for a standard 25 years because they dealt with the crew's private health information. They were automatically declassified according to a standard stand-down schedule.

That illustrates really how it works. The actual astronauts who flew in the rocket were still not code-word cleared to know some aspects of the missions. Sure, they knew a lot about how the rockets worked, and therefore had to have the appropriate general clearance levels. But operational security works on a need-to-know basis. Even an engineer who needed access to the mission debriefing while it was still classified was probably likely to be given a version from which private crew information had been redacted. He may be Top Secret cleared to read the technical material, and code-word cleared to get the precise information he needs, but that doesn't given him access to information he does not need to know. A schema to map Dept. of Energy clearances to those in other agencies is kind of a red herring. It doesn't capture what really goes on.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 11:08 AM   #1301
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Project Chapel Bell is still classified, though widely rumored to relate to over-the-horizon radar. Not even the astronauts were told what it was, only that it pertained to the launch vehicle only and not their mission. A lot of the bits of Apollo were classified for obvious reasons: they dealt with U.S. missile capability. Some, like the low-light television pickup tubes, were just sort of handed to Apollo under the table from Defense without talking a lot about it. The debriefings were classified for a standard 25 years because they dealt with the crew's private health information. They were automatically declassified according to a standard stand-down schedule.

That illustrates really how it works. The actual astronauts who flew in the rocket were still not code-word cleared to know some aspects of the missions. Sure, they knew a lot about how the rockets worked, and therefore had to have the appropriate general clearance levels. But operational security works on a need-to-know basis. Even an engineer who needed access to the mission debriefing while it was still classified was probably likely to be given a version from which private crew information had been redacted. He may be Top Secret cleared to read the technical material, and code-word cleared to get the precise information he needs, but that doesn't given him access to information he does not need to know. A schema to map Dept. of Energy clearances to those in other agencies is kind of a red herring. It doesn't capture what really goes on.
This.

I had a military clearance, and they work the same way. I couldn't just go up and ask for any "top secret" classified document I wanted, even though I had that clearance level. I had to demonstrate a need-to-know. My job was computer support, and I worked on SIPRnet systems, so I needed the general clearance level as my work would put me in contact with classified information. But if I just decided to go browsing on the SIPRnet one day, I would've been out on my rear-end faster than I could say "What data?"
Old 15th April 2019, 11:24 AM   #1302
Axxman300
Illuminator

Having read through about 10% of the newly released classified JFK Assassination files at the National Archives I can say that there are a lot of boring secrets, even the important ones. Many of the JMWave files are uninteresting progress reports, but they contained code names which were in use through the early 1980's which referred to other ongoing anti-Cuban/Soviet operations in the Caribbean and Central America. The FBI files contained code-names for criminal informants, and moles within Cuba, and the Cuban exile communities in Miami and New Orleans. The release of the files en mass ended up outing a couple of people who spied on FPCC, and other American Communist groups.

None of this had anything to do with the Kennedy assassination.

The WikiLeaks/Manning US diplomatic files contained the names of everyone who walked into a US Embassy offering to spy on their own country. In China these people were reporting on human rights abuses, and since the release of the files these people have vanished. So while WikiLeaks wants to claim it is all about freedom the fact is that it has a body-count made up of real human rights activists.
Old 15th April 2019, 11:43 AM   #1303
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
I needed the general clearance level as my work would put me in contact with classified information.
Bingo. At any reasonably large Dept. of Energy facility, entire areas will be cordoned off as Q-clearance areas. (Well, for all clearance levels, but we're talking about Q specifically.) Everything behind those doors is some Q-level project, but that doesn't mean everyone who works behind those doors is entitled to know everything that happens in that room or building, or in other Q areas of the facility. You still have to follow the normal rules of need-to-know, minimal access, document control, etc.

Los Alamos is particularly amusing because the organic way in which some of the older parts of the campus are laid out, there are some L-cleared areas that are only accessible through Q-cleared parts of buildings. A couple times a day there are herds of L-folk escorted through Q-space. An announcement is made, and Q-folk are given time to secure their labs and workstations. The the L-folk go through, following a prescribed path and -- I'm not making this up -- wearing hats that have flashing red lights on them. In that particular Q space, "flashing red" means an uncleared worker in transit. Other labs like Livermore are able to segregate the different clearance levels more usefully.

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
So while WikiLeaks wants to claim it is all about freedom the fact is that it has a body-count made up of real human rights activists.
And don't forget when they released the source code of CIA computer infiltration tools. Under the guise of transparency regarding spy operations, WikiLeaks put weapons-grade cyber warfare tools into the hands of anyone who wanted to download them, a near Zero-Day incident that gave computer security people in legitimate businesses like banks, power-distribution grids, and healthcare almost no time to respond or devise defenses.

The picture of WikiLeaks that most of us in the high-tech world see is that of an ego-driven organization focused on staying in the headlines.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 01:17 PM   #1304
sts60
Illuminator

As in classified data that may or may not have been unclassified over the decades? Apollo data was classified secret for a bit until that all was unclassified.
Jay and Hellbound covered a lot of good points, but “Formerly Restricted Data” is just atomic data originally classified under an earlier scheme. It’s still classified. “Restricted Data” is atomic data classified under a later classification scheme. The bureaucracy is always trying to simplify things, but basically winds up generating more rather than fewer labels.

None of which, of course, has anything to do with the steaming pile of “Q” idiocy.
sts60 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 02:06 PM   #1305
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
None of which, of course, has anything to do with the steaming pile of “Q” idiocy.
Can we perhaps please emphasize this several times a day? There is categorically no chance that QAnon has the slightest actually to do with real classified work.
Old 15th April 2019, 02:49 PM   #1306
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

For all time, Qanon are abysmal neurotic oblivious nuts. Also known as the cult of trump, aka clownstick.

Failed gullible conspiracy nuts, falling for assorted dumbed down conspiracy theories from JFK JR to pizzagate. Wondering how idiotic conspiracy theories could get dumber; along comes Qnuts tying them all together.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 06:41 PM   #1307
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
For all time, Qanon are abysmal neurotic oblivious nuts. Also known as the cult of trump, aka clownstick.

Failed gullible conspiracy nuts, falling for assorted dumbed down conspiracy theories from JFK JR to pizzagate. Wondering how idiotic conspiracy theories could get dumber; along comes Qnuts tying them all together.
I'm reminded of this excellent NPR piece:

We Tracked Down A Fake-News Creator In The Suburbs. Here's What We Learned

Quote:
He was amazed at how quickly fake news could spread and how easily people believe it. He wrote one fake story for NationalReport.net about how customers in Colorado marijuana shops were using food stamps to buy pot.

"What that turned into was a state representative in the House in Colorado proposing actual legislation to prevent people from using their food stamps to buy marijuana based on something that had just never happened," Coler says.
Old 15th April 2019, 06:51 PM   #1308
sts60
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Can we perhaps please emphasize this several times a day?
Nah. This thread doesn’t merit that much attention from the grown-ups. I’ve come in here now and then to point and laugh, but the infantile anti-American “Q” claptrap is too boring for regular looks. In my volunteer gig, I’ve had patients undergoing full psychotic breaks that made more sense and provided better conversation.
Old 16th April 2019, 10:17 AM   #1309
carlitos
"más divertido"

We were driving by a fairly new car that was such a horrible shade of shiny, metallic green, that everyone noticed it. On the back - a Q anon sticker in red white and blue. Nice look. I should have taken a photo for /r/truthermobiles/ or whatever that group is.
Old 16th April 2019, 10:29 AM   #1310
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
We were driving by a fairly new car that was such a horrible shade of shiny, metallic green, that everyone noticed it. On the back - a Q anon sticker in red white and blue. Nice look. I should have taken a photo for /r/truthermobiles/ or whatever that group is.
I don't do bumper stickers of any kind/variety. But that is me.
Old 16th April 2019, 10:31 AM   #1311
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

nm

Lewis Black
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM   #1312
Bubba
Master Poster

This article is just so darn politicized

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #1313
bknight
Graduate Poster

This article is just so darn politicized
You expected anything else?
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #1314
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Someone said "the left can't meme"

thats funny
And the right can't reproduce, so they recruit.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #1315
MSBAYOU
New Blood

Good evening.
I am a bit late to the party, but just wanted to inquire:
Why haven't we seen HRC (the alleged Prions-disease-addled candidate) or Obama in shackles or clumsily boarding a military plane to Gitmo?

My Fox-addled spouse and other cult members are still convinced this will happen.
What's up?

Last edited by MSBAYOU; Yesterday at 03:22 PM.
MSBAYOU is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM   #1316
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MSBAYOU View Post
Good evening.
I am a bit late to the party, but just wanted to inquire:
Why haven't we seen HRC (the alleged Prions-disease-addled candidate) or Obama in shackles or clumsily boarding a military plane to Gitmo?

My Fox-addled spouse and other cult members are still convinced this will happen.
What's up?
Remember these things take time. Many are still worried that president Obama is going to take away all the bullets and that gay rights are going to end marriage. Give them a break. There's a big backlog to get through.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #1317
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Any day now credules, any day.

Lewis Black
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:22 AM   #1318
Belz...
Fiend God

So the Mueller report is out, and Hillary has not been indicted; nor has Tom Hanks.

How are the Q-anus people reacting to this?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #1319
Bubba
Master Poster

The (or one) beauty of it is that should anyone deserving ever be prosecuted, let alone sent away, such actions can never be conclusively linked to any Q-anus claims and predictions. No matter how convincing a relevant Q archive dive is. No crow meals here.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories