ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 7th January 2019, 07:06 AM   #441
Drewbot
Philosopher

There was a guy on BFF a couple years ago who was saying that Bigfoot lives in Chicago proper.

It was operating in Washington Park, and following the Midway Plaisance down to the lake front.

I'm not kidding. I did an artistic rendition.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 09:08 AM   #442
carlitos
"más divertido"

My dad told me that they used to freeze the Midway Plaisance for ice-skating in the winter. I wonder how that impacted the bigfoot migration.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 09:57 AM   #443
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
There was a guy on BFF a couple years ago who was saying that Bigfoot lives in Chicago proper.

It was operating in Washington Park, and following the Midway Plaisance down to the lake front.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/YNSqb6.jpg
My favorite footer, next to Dr. Melba (I'm sore) Ketchum (DVM).

Feynman
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 10:02 AM   #444
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/YNSqb6.jpg
Can he kick a field goal?
Old 7th January 2019, 10:18 AM   #445
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Can he kick a field goal?
Couldn't be worse than Parkey.

Feynman
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2019, 04:43 PM   #446
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Couldn't be worse than Parkey.
Curiously it's already been recognized by the NFL® and Treyvon Hester himself that the kick was ever-so-slightly deflected by him at the line. Parkey won't ever forget it, but he's not the only one to blame in that instance.

One of the greatest NFL games ever played (watched it at the time) was a Chargers-Dolphins playoff game in Jan 1982 that involved: Kellen Winslow (TE) blocking a Miami game-winning FG in literally the last second of regulation play; in OT a straight-up missed 27 yard FG by a Charger who had never missed a game winning field goal in his entire career; and yet another blocked Miami FG before it was all over. And that was just the FG statistics between 0:03 seconds left in regulation to the end.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 06:04 AM   #447
Drewbot
Philosopher

Another bad Bigfoot video form North Provo Utah.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9aUwP_1549538465
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 04:23 PM   #448
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Okay I agree it's Bigfoot (because duh!), but those aren't hunters. It's Todd and Tadd Tedster from Philly with their 5 year old adopted daughter.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th February 2019, 06:36 PM   #449
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Isn't the forecast for a bigfoot in every basement by 2025?

Ironically, our family sees deer coming in to O'Hare - there is actually a lot of wildife, even big game, right next to one of the busiest airports on earth.

If there's snow, anyway. Easy to spot then.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2019, 04:48 AM   #450
The Shrike
Philosopher

Forced perspective is a hell of a drug.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 07:48 AM   #451
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

This is the newest map of people who have seen Bigfoot. This shows the location of 6,500 claims of Bigfoot encounters throughout North America - though it excludes the far north and Alaska.

Bigfoot is nearly everywhere and certainly is consistently right where the people are. This is really contrary to the older description of Bigfoot which is that they are always far from dense civilization and also are generally in the Pacific Northwest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSR 6500 Reports.jpg (147.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 11th April 2019, 07:56 AM   #452
8enotto
Graduate Poster

And the map of where bigfoot remains like bones and bodies were found?
8enotto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2019, 08:27 AM   #453
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
And the map of where bigfoot remains like bones and bodies were found?

According to noted scholar James Butcher*, Bigfoot is actually a creature of the Faerie realm that creates a body out of ectoplasm to exist in the physical world. When they die, the body reverts back to ectoplasm, which quickly evaporates.

*-Not actually a scholar
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 10:13 AM   #454
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
According to noted scholar James Butcher*, Bigfoot is actually a creature of the Faerie realm that creates a body out of ectoplasm to exist in the physical world. When they die, the body reverts back to ectoplasm, which quickly evaporates.

*-Not actually a scholar
Wow. It takes a lot of ectoplasm to make all them bigfeets. No wonder the stuff has gotten so expensive.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 11:00 AM   #455
ArchSas
Thinker

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
This is the newest map of people who have seen Bigfoot. This shows the location of 6,500 claims of Bigfoot encounters throughout North America - though it excludes the far north and Alaska.

Bigfoot is nearly everywhere and certainly is consistently right where the people are. This is really contrary to the older description of Bigfoot which is that they are always far from dense civilization and also are generally in the Pacific Northwest.
It's not uncommon for people to assume the area they live in is actually more remote than it actually is. I'm sure a lot of those people genuinely think they're seeing bigfoot in the middle of nowhere.

I grew up in the PNW, and most of my childhood was spent living in an area that the locals tended to assume was fairly rural. Also that, because there were a lot of woods, it was still somewhat of wilderness area. The thing is, that's hilariously false. It was an area on the outskirts of a major city that had seen a pretty fair amount of disturbance over the years, especially since the 1950s. All of the "woods" were fairly young Douglas Fir trees that grow like weeds in places that aren't turned into parking lots or are maintained as lawns. A lot of the are was actually native prairie and the trees were technically invasive. That kind of situation isn't uncommon. Most people don't really know much about the history of their area, or vegetation, and tend to assume that any amount of tall-ish trees indicate wilderness. In reality, most places even remotely close to that map have been developed in some way (inhabitation, logging, mining, farming, etc.), and a lot of the people that think they're seeing bigfoot out in the woods are unaware of that.

Relating again to the area I grew up, there are several BFRO reports of sightings from that area. They're all in places that are thoroughly disturbed by housing and warehouse development (not to mention a major military base), but the people who wrote the reports talk about the place like it's in the middle of a national forest (trees everywhere, wilderness, etc.). The idea that a giant ape could remain undetected there is completely ridiculous to me, but no one involved with them seems to realize how much disturbance is there. This is one of the facets of ignorance driving the bigfoot community that I'd really like to see explored more because of how unaware people are of it, but how devastating it really would be to a lot of people. "You know that place you thought was untouched wilderness where the wood ape lives? It's been logged for 150 years and was clearcut as recently as 20 years ago. There's also a huge warehouse two miles away."
ArchSas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 12:50 PM   #456
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

I saw a werewolf does that count? kidding
Old 12th April 2019, 01:48 PM   #457
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by MinnesotaBrant View Post
I saw a werewolf does that count? kidding
Was he looking for Lee Ho Fook's?

Feynman
Old 12th April 2019, 04:58 PM   #458
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Was he looking for Lee Ho Fook's?
Sadly, a fix of beef chow mein is no longer possible as they closed a couple of years ago.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2019, 08:12 PM   #459
The Shrike
Philosopher

This shows the location of 6,500 claims of Bigfoot encounters throughout North America - though it excludes the far north and Alaska.
Forests = bigfoot. I see only two interesting exceptions: eastern Bitterroots and central Mississippi.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 09:54 PM   #460
gigmaster
Scholar

No one has ever seen a Bigfoot. They just think they have. People see ghosts, faeries, Nessie, UFOs, and other non-existent things as well. It proves nothing.
gigmaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 10:32 PM   #461
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by gigmaster View Post
No one has ever seen a Bigfoot. They just think they have. People see ghosts, faeries, Nessie, UFOs, and other non-existent things as well. It proves nothing.
Jussie Smollett saw a Sasquatch wearing a MAGA hat.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 04:41 AM   #462
Drewbot
Philosopher

Can we say the attempt to rekindle the Bigfoot legend has failed?

I would say they had about 12 years of trying to reignite the Bigfoot story.

It seems to have failed. The only people who think there is actually a Bigfoot, are the Bigfooters. I think everyone I have ever asked, "So, did you ever see a Bigfoot out there?" has just laughed and said 'Oh yeah, he molests my housecats' or something jokey about it.

The question is, was it a concerted effort to try to reignite it?
Were TV production companies, or some other force trying to get people on board with the Bigfoot tourism, TV shows, Movies etc???

I wonder if Crypto-sites, like ghost hunter, bigfooter, alien sites are funded by TV producers or companies, in order to keep a baseline of interest in these cheap TV money makers.
Old 14th May 2019, 01:22 PM   #463
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Can we say the attempt to rekindle the Bigfoot legend has failed?

I would say they had about 12 years of trying to reignite the Bigfoot story.

It seems to have failed. The only people who think there is actually a Bigfoot, are the Bigfooters. I think everyone I have ever asked, "So, did you ever see a Bigfoot out there?" has just laughed and said 'Oh yeah, he molests my housecats' or something jokey about it.

The question is, was it a concerted effort to try to reignite it?
Were TV production companies, or some other force trying to get people on board with the Bigfoot tourism, TV shows, Movies etc???

I wonder if Crypto-sites, like ghost hunter, bigfooter, alien sites are funded by TV producers or companies, in order to keep a baseline of interest in these cheap TV money makers.
There was a kind of rekindled "interest" in Bigfoot in the UK and the US a few years back, and it resulted in Discovery going ape-**** for half-arsed programming about Bigfoot, so we got Legend Meets Science, Finding Bigfoot, Bigfoot: the Real Evidence, Monsterquest, new shows about the Yeti, etc, so much so that even Channel 4 got on board. Discovery weren't about finding Bigfoot, they were just doing what the cast of that show were doing, making crap fast-food television for the "Most Haunted" generation of viewers who wanted to see people running around yelling through night-vision lenses.

Channel 4 took the time to take this nonsense subject and study it in as serious a manner as they could, and they came to the conclusion that Bigfoot was, as it's always been, a load of old bollocks.

Since then, the interest in Bigfoot, beyond fast-food television shows like Mountain Monsters, etc, has dwindled to the point of it being worthy of having a missing persons report and a picture on a milk carton.

Beyond silly shows where people point and laugh at idiots yelling in the woods like mental midgets, there isn't a great deal to be gleaned from a Bigfoot documentary, and the DNA debacle pretty much kicked any shred of "You never know, I mean, Attenborough even said anything could be up in those mountains" off the tongue of even the most well-meaning, open-minded optimist with no horse in the race.

So now, Bigfoot, and any chance of his being real, is, as it's always been, on ice. I expect in a few years, when people forget that they've still not found him, they might release a new TV show (probably bloody ITV, presented by Ant and Dec) in which the UK sits down with a cup of tea and pretends like Bigfoot could, might, just maybe actually be out there, and they'll show the same evidence, collect new samples, and they'll come to the same conclusion people have been coming to again and again, that Bigfoot doesn't exist.

It is what it is.

It used to interest me, but now there's nothing there beyond weird people online claiming they smoked a cigarette with a 12-foot Bigfoot chief who raped their sister and married their aunt.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2019, 02:15 PM   #464
The Shrike
Philosopher

Wait, are you guys saying Meldrum is wrong?

What about Area X? Rob Lowe went there and everything!
Old 15th May 2019, 04:22 AM   #465
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Wait, are you guys saying Meldrum is wrong?

What about Area X? Rob Lowe went there and everything!
I never saw any of the Rob Lowe stuff, I'd phased out of Bigfoot television long before they brought that out.

It reminds me of when they had Linda Blair doing ghost shows, because she was in the Exorcist, but for what reason did they have Rob Lowe looking for the Hairy Bloke?

They should have Tommy Wiseau look for Bigfoot, Oh, hi, 'Squatch.

"One man went off in search of Bigfoot, but what he found... Was himself."

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th May 2019, 07:40 AM   #466
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
I never saw any of the Rob Lowe stuff, I'd phased out of Bigfoot television long before they brought that out.

It reminds me of when they had Linda Blair doing ghost shows, because she was in the Exorcist, but for what reason did they have Rob Lowe looking for the Hairy Bloke?

They should have Tommy Wiseau look for Bigfoot, Oh, hi, 'Squatch.

"One man went off in search of Bigfoot, but what he found... Was himself."
Because. Have you seen the Finding Bigfoot crew?

Rob Lowe is much easier to look at, plus he is funny. Re: Tommy Boy
Old 15th May 2019, 07:54 AM   #467
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Because. Have you seen the Finding Bigfoot crew?

Rob Lowe is much easier to look at, plus he is funny. Re: Tommy Boy
I guess, but if that's the case then I'd just have Minnie Driver go and look for the big, damp sod.

Old 15th May 2019, 12:01 PM   #468
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Rob Lowe and his sons ended up at Area X because he already had an "interest" in Bigfoot. Lowe had a cable TV program called "The Lowe Files" which included ghost hunting and other weird and paranormal stuff. He did an episode on Bigfoot at Area X, and he also did a Bigfoot episode with Matt Moneymaker in the Redwoods.
Old 6th September 2019, 05:17 PM   #469
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

North Carolina man claims he spotted three Bigfoots

Originally Posted by KVUE ABC News
A Hickory man has shared video claiming it shows an encounter with three Bigfoots in the North Carolina foothills.

Doug Teague said he shot the video two weeks ago while retrieving game cameras he set up in a wooded area of McDowell County. Teague said he was walking back to his truck with his dog, "Crazy Daisy," when the encounter happened.

"A rock was thrown. [My dog] chased it," he said. "I just kinda stopped, took the phone out, gazed the hill." He said that's when he spotted three different Bigfoots watching him from a hill. He said he recorded about 10 minutes of video during the encounter; he shared a snippet of it with NBC Charlotte. "[I was] like a giddy school kid," he said. "Just nervous, heart beating. It was crazy."

He's a member of the Catawba Valley Bigfoot Research Club in McDowell County...
Video is in the article: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/we...a-9efa429d1886
Old 9th September 2019, 04:37 AM   #470
Drewbot
Philosopher

Looks like the Scott Herriott Klamath footage.

In other words, not a Bigfoot.
Old 9th September 2019, 08:58 AM   #471
gigmaster
Scholar

A great video of an nondescript blurry, grayish blob. I looks like an out-of-focus person behind some trees. Rubbish.

Video is in the article: https://www.kvue.com/article/news/we...a-9efa429d1886
gigmaster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 09:07 AM   #472
rockysmith76
Thinker

Y'all don't 'bleeve in nuthin
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 02:50 PM   #473
mgidm86
Philosopher

A great video of an nondescript blurry, grayish blob. I looks like an out-of-focus person behind some trees. Rubbish.

I'm not even sure that's a person. Looks like the camera is moving and branches make weird shapes as it does so. Maybe a squirrel in a tree.

I'm pretty damned hairy and I look more like bigfoot than most photos and videos I've seen. Hmmm....
Old 12th September 2019, 05:38 PM   #474
The Shrike
Philosopher

Bigfooter claims he saw bigfoot. Story at 11:00.

Relevant:
How in the heck could a rock be thrown through such a dense tangle of saplings?

I weep for the news media, the good people of North Carolina, and that guy's granddaughter.

Really rather disappointed that this guy was not, in fact, made of hickory.
Old 9th October 2019, 11:52 AM   #475
Drewbot
Philosopher

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/us/pg...day/index.html

PG&E Cutting power to northern California residents to protect against wildfires?

Or is it to accommodate the cover up of a Bigfoot population in the area? Hmmm?

(No seriously, I saw the second theory on a Bigfoot group on Facebook)
Old 13th October 2019, 06:34 PM   #476
gigmaster
Scholar

No one has actually seen one, because they don't exist.
Old 14th October 2019, 01:11 PM   #477
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

No one has actually seen one, because they don't exist.
You mean we've been here for literally decades arguing Bigfoot and that's the actual final answer? Who knew?! Somebody better get on the horn to the Admin and get this place shut down.

"Man! It kinda makes ya wonder what it was it all for."

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal