ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , koran

Closed Thread
Old 14th April 2019, 04:23 PM   #1281
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
No, I didn't use that phrase for you, for example.

There's a Couple of missionaries, and they're putting a couple of in every forum.
Who is this mysterious "they" you keep referring to who are "putting missionaries" in all sorts of funny places?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 04:29 PM   #1282
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

There's a Couple of missionaries, and they're putting a couple of in every forum.
That's pretty paranoid.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 04:50 PM   #1283
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Who?

Who on this forum do you think is a Christian Missionary?

If you canít name names than stop making the accusation.
Old 14th April 2019, 04:57 PM   #1284
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, the ubiquitous "they". Somehow you know "they" exist yet are unable to identify who exactly "they" might actually be.

So let us just ignore the imaginary "they" for a moment.

The koran is trash and allah is a figment of the imagination.
The bible is trash and jehovah is a figment of the imagination.

Can you imagine how foolish it is to claim that one stupid book somehow corrects another stupid book? All because of some imaginary deities?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 05:00 PM   #1285
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
Iím not sure what you mean to be saying?
I can say:
I have 8 green onions
And 8 carrots in my fridge.
Who cares
I do. Do you ensure the carrots are separate from the onions? It's important.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th April 2019, 05:14 PM   #1286
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
That's pretty paranoid.
Yes. Given all of the respondents in this thread are flat out atheists. Have we any christian respondents in this thread? Not having a go at christians, you understand, but there doesn't seem to be any participating in this thread at all, so who exactly Emre is railing against is somewhat of a puzzle.

Old 14th April 2019, 08:02 PM   #1287
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Yes. Given all of the respondents in this thread are flat out atheists. Have we any christian respondents in this thread? Not having a go at christians, you understand, but there doesn't seem to be any participating in this thread at all, so who exactly Emre is railing against is somewhat of a puzzle.

All her/his parroted replies are based on a Christian opponent. They donít have replies that address atheists or even Christians who take the Bible metaphorically.
Old 14th April 2019, 09:46 PM   #1288
winter salt
Thinker

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
All her/his parroted replies are based on a Christian opponent. They donít have replies that address atheists or even Christians who take the Bible metaphorically.
True. Because his holy book Quran doesn't know about atheists and Emre thus feels obligated to pretend that there's no such thing as atheist.
winter salt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 01:39 AM   #1289
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
Repeating a fallacy does not make it less of a fallacy
No. It makes it a religion.
Old 15th April 2019, 01:42 AM   #1290
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Some puzzled missionaries tried to misinterpret the numbers by looking at the translations.

You will look at the original Arabic text in .
Why don't you link to an Arabic version of the Quran that you think is accurate? Then we can check it.
Old 15th April 2019, 06:02 AM   #1291
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by winter salt View Post
True. Because his holy book Quran doesn't know about atheists and Emre thus feels obligated to pretend that there's no such thing as atheist.
I've had the same issue with Mormons. All the examples of "atheists" in the Book of Mormon are people who eventually admit they were just angry at God, usually just before they die.
Old 15th April 2019, 09:12 AM   #1292
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I've had the same issue with Mormons. All the examples of "atheists" in the Book of Mormon are people who eventually admit they were just angry at God, usually just before they die.
I've noticed that too, but I though that was just my geographical bias. You're right; I don't recall the Book of Mormon having much to say about atheists and atheism. The baddies in the Book of Mormon seemed mostly to be apostates and idolaters, not atheists. Coincidentally a lot of the atheists in my region were raised Mormon. They're thought of not as atheists but as lapsed Mormons -- "really" still Mormons, and "really" still believers in God.

But I think the same thing happens in any faith community that occupies a majority of the geography. They're so steeped in their faith that they simply don't grasp that there can fail to exist a belief in some kind of deity. Here, I think, Emre is going off the deep end. He's apparently been reading too much James Bond, because now the argument seems to be that Christians are sending undercover missionaries to every backwater discussion forum. I really just think he wants his jihad, and he'll invent whatever he has to in his mind to make it seem like it's happening.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 09:52 AM   #1293
Emre_1974tr
Muse

The Quran makes a wide criticism of atheism. I gave you the Relevant verses in English. But since you don't understand English, I'll give you my Turkish article on the subject:

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/2011/...ateistler.html
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 10:00 AM   #1294
halleyscomet
Philosopher

The Quran makes a wide criticism of atheism.
That's not an answer to the question I asked you. You're making the claim that there are Christian Missionaries in this thread. I'm asking you to tell us who you think are the missionaries. The presence of atheists in the Koran is completely irrelevant to this discussion. There's already considerable evidence on this forum of your own lack of comprehension of the content of the Koran, so citing discussions of atheists in the Koran, even if such discussions actually exist, does NOTHING to bolster your own position.

Who?

Who on this forum do you think is a Christian Missionary?

If you can’t name names than stop making the accusation.
Are you going to keep dodging the question?

Last edited by halleyscomet; 15th April 2019 at 10:18 AM.
halleyscomet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 10:04 AM   #1295
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

The Quran makes a wide criticism of atheism. I gave you the Relevant verses in English.
You misunderstand the problem. You seem to think your critics here are primarily Christian. In fact your critics here are primarily atheist. You're giving them the canned responses you would use as rejoinders to Christians and expecting your critics to follow you. They will not do that. You will have to respond to the rebuttals they actually give, not to the ones you expect from Christians.

Even more baffling, you've suggested that there is a concerted effort by some unnamed party to plant "Christian missionaries" in forums, ostensibly to argue against you. You have been asked to substantiate that claim, but you seem uninterested in doing so.

Quote:
But since you don't understand English, I'll give you my Turkish article on the subject:

Everyone here speaks English, many of us natively. Few if any speak Turkish, and we aren't interested in reading and commenting on your blog. The problem seems to be that you don't read English well enough to understand the rebuttals you're being given. Perhaps you would be more effective at a Turkish-language forum.
Old 15th April 2019, 10:10 AM   #1296
Scorpion
Graduate Poster

The Quran makes a wide criticism of atheism. I gave you the Relevant verses in English. But since you don't understand English, I'll give you my Turkish article on the subject:

I don't recall reading the word 'atheist' in the Quran. It refers to unbelievers or disbelievers many times over. But they seem to be unbelievers in Muhammad not in God.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 10:24 AM   #1297
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I don't recall reading the word 'atheist' in the Quran. It refers to unbelievers or disbelievers many times over. But they seem to be unbelievers in Muhammad not in God.
This may be the core of Emre_1974tr's confusion. Anyone who doesn't believe in Emre_1974tr's version of $deity is thrown into the same bucket. The content of Emre_1974tr's posts suggest Emre_1974tr does not understand the difference between a Christian and an atheist. The arguments made by Emre_1974tr are all ones you'd expect to be used against Christians.

Emre_1974tr,

Please define, in your own words, what an "Atheist" is.

Please define, in your own words, what a "Christian" is.

Please define, in your own words, the difference between an Atheist and a Christian.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 15th April 2019 at 10:25 AM.
halleyscomet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 11:06 AM   #1298
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

The arguments made by Emre_1974tr are all ones you'd expect to be used against Christians.
But in fairness, some of the rebuttals he's received would be expected from Christians. That's because he's factually wrong about so many parts and premises of his arguments, and it's not a matter of defending a devotion to correct him according to the facts.

Time and again I hear Mormons say, "Well, Catholics believe that..." as a prelude to misrepresenting the Catholic teaching. I'm not Catholic, but I lived for years in Italy among Catholics. On those terms, I feel confident correcting the more egregious mistakes. But then people assume I'm Catholic, and further assume that I've corrected them in order to advocate and defend Catholicism. A skeptic just wants accurate facts to work with, even if there can be different sustainable conclusions drawn from them. I may agree with the Mormon not to believe the Catholic doctrine, but we should start from an accurate position of what the doctrine is.

I don't give a flying finagle how many times "day" appears in the Qur'an, or what numerological song and dance someone composes from it. But I do care whether an Arabic idiom is being interpreted correctly. Calling attention to that error doesn't have anything to do with whether I believe the Qur'an or not, or what other holy books I might believe or not believe in. It's an error of fact that I happen to have the appropriate knowledge to refute. This is the part Emre doesn't seem to understand. There are factual rebuttals that work because they're factual. That both Christians and atheists can both notice those things doesn't create any more connection than that.
Old 15th April 2019, 05:35 PM   #1299
winter salt
Thinker

The issue of quran not mentioning atheists has been brought up before, possibly more than once here in this thread. He failed to defend his position then too. It's useless trying to reason with this kid. He's here probably just to practice his English.
winter salt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 07:33 PM   #1300
Emre_1974tr
Muse

The Quran mentions atheists many times.

ATHEISTS

69:33 For he did not acknowledge God, the Great.

4:38 Those who spend their money to show-off to the people, and they do not acknowledge God or the Last day. Whoever has the devil as his companion, then what a miserable companion!

52:35 Or were they created from nothing? Or was it they who created?

In Addition, all verses mentioning the design criticized atheism.

------------------

Polytheists

-And verily, if you ask them: "Who created the heavens and the earth?" Surely, they will say: "Allah (has created them)." Say: "Tell me then, the things that you invoke besides Allah, if Allah intended some harm for me, could they remove His harm, or if He (Allah) intended some mercy for me, could they withhold His Mercy?" Say: "Sufficient for me is Allah; in Him those who trust (i.e. believers) must put their trust."
Az-Zumar:38

----------------------

Christians

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"
An-Nisaa:171

--------------

Jews

Say (O Muhammad ﷺ): "O you Jews! If you pretend that you are friends of Allah, to the exclusion of (all) other mankind, then long for death if you are truthful."
Al-Jumu'ah:6

----

Pantheists

43:15 They assigned a share to Him from His own servants! The human being is clearly denying.

112:3 "Never did He beget, nor was He begotten,"
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 07:48 PM   #1301
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

ATHEISTS

4:38 Those who spend their money to show-off to the people, and they do not acknowledge God or the Last day. Whoever has the devil as his companion, then what a miserable companion!

------------------

Polytheists

-And verily, if you ask them: "Who created the heavens and the earth?" Surely, they will say: "Allah (has created them)." Say: "Tell me then, the things that you invoke besides Allah, if Allah intended some harm for me, could they remove His harm, or if He (Allah) intended some mercy for me, could they withhold His Mercy?" Say: "Sufficient for me is Allah; in Him those who trust (i.e. believers) must put their trust."

----------------------

Christians

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"

--------------

Jews

Say (O Muhammad ﷺ): "O you Jews! If you pretend that you are friends of Allah, to the exclusion of (all) other mankind, then long for death if you are truthful."

----

Pantheists

43:15 They assigned a share to Him from His own servants! The human being is clearly denying.

So what.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th April 2019, 09:39 PM   #1302
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

You spammed this to both your threads without addressing the open question. it's like a knee-jerk reaction with you. I'm not going to get into the tortured interpretations of those passages that you think refer to atheism. I'm just going to repeat the question everyone is trying get you to answer:

Who, according to you, are the "Christian missionaries" in this thread? Actual user names, please.
Old 16th April 2019, 01:52 AM   #1303
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

This may be the core of Emre_1974tr's confusion. Anyone who doesn't believe in Emre_1974tr's version of $deity is thrown into the same bucket. The content of Emre_1974tr's posts suggest Emre_1974tr does not understand the difference between a Christian and an atheist. The arguments made by Emre_1974tr are all ones you'd expect to be used against Christians.

Emre_1974tr,

Please define, in your own words, what an "Atheist" is.

Please define, in your own words, what a "Christian" is.

Please define, in your own words, the difference between an Atheist and a Christian.
I'd like, if I may, to add to this list of questions.

Emre_1974tr, please define, in your own words, what "Islam" is.
Things Emre says are not Islamic:
Sunni.
Shia.
The Hadith.
The Islamic calender (Hijari).
Sharia.

Does rather leave me wondering what Emre thinks Islam is, because it clearly doesn't agree with the view of the vast majority of the world's Muslims..

Last edited by Cosmic Yak; 16th April 2019 at 01:53 AM.
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2019, 07:09 AM   #1304
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Emre_1974tr,

What's your take on this study?

Religious upbringing associated with less altruism, study finds
Old 16th April 2019, 07:18 AM   #1305
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Emre_1974tr,

What's your take on this study?

Religious upbringing associated with less altruism, study finds
I'd like to see a thread devoted to this story.
Old 16th April 2019, 07:40 AM   #1306
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
I'd like to see a thread devoted to this story.
Ask and ye shall receive:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...php?p=12666043
Old 16th April 2019, 10:58 AM   #1307
winter salt
Thinker

ATHEISTS

------------------

Polytheists

----------------------

Christians

--------------

Jews

----

Pantheists

Your mistakes that are mostly based on the translation issues were shown to you multiple times before. So I'm not gonna repeat them. You're not interested in intellectual honesty and truth and critical thinking. And you clearly have no knowledge of the Arabic language.
I lived as a devout Muslim for three decades. Memorized most of the Quran and studied Arabic. There's nothing in the Quran about atheism. People who invented Quran had no idea on this issue. In fact they believed the end of the world was eminent, possibly in their life time. They just tried to prosiletize Christians Jews and polytheists. They had no time and interest in philosophical debates about the existence of a creator of everything.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:48 PM   #1308
catsmate
No longer the 1

<gibber snip>
Seriously?
Do you actually think anyone, not already suffering from god botheration, won't see through such a pathetic lie?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2019, 12:49 PM   #1309
catsmate
No longer the 1

the singular ďdayĒ (yewm) is mentioned 365 times

Its plural (eyyam, yewmeyn) is used 30 times

The word ďa monthĒ (shehr) is also mentioned 12 times.

Read again...
Still a lie. And a truly pathetic one.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2019, 12:50 PM   #1310
catsmate
No longer the 1

I've also looked at Other titles, the writings written by Christian Missioners. And you show it without shame
Is there supposed to be an actual message buried somewhere in that gibberish?

On the Turkish Atheist Forum, atheists counted themselves to refute this miracle. And they admitted it was 365 times. This time they began to argue that the words were added later.
Old 16th April 2019, 12:52 PM   #1311
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Filippo Lippi View Post
I've checked and seven of these references are wrong
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Emre stops counting at 101.4, yet my link shows one at 102.8.
Are you surprised? God botherers lie, they have to to enable themselves to cope with the obvious evidence contradicting their beliefs.

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
I will give him credit for one thing: every time I think he can't embarrass himself any further, he steps right up and proves me wrong.
Indeed.
Old 16th April 2019, 04:52 PM   #1312
Emre_1974tr
Muse

ATHEISTS

------------------

Polytheists

----------------------

Christians

--------------

Jews

----

Pantheists

Notice that the difference between atheist and pagan is clearly stated in the verses. When One doesn't believe in God (atheist), the other (pagan) believes to God, but in the faith of Shirk.

Meanwhile, in the verses, there is also an answer to the spiritualists who claim the matter/universe is imagination/illusion:

46:3 We did not create the heavens and the earth, and everything between them except with truth, and for an appointed time. Those who reject turn away from what they are being warned with.

29:44 God created the heavens and the earth, with truth. In that is a sign for those who acknowledge.

Matter/universe and other universes are real.

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 16th April 2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 16th April 2019, 04:57 PM   #1313
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Notice that the difference between atheist and pagan is clearly stated in the verses.
Except that it isn't.

Quote:
Meanwhile...
Don't change the subject. No one wants to hear you preach. What we want is for you to either substantiate or withdraw your claim that you are being opposed here by "Christian missionaries." Are you going to name names, or shall we just conclude that all this was just your latest paranoid delusion?
Old 16th April 2019, 05:05 PM   #1314
MEequalsIxR
Critical Thinker

Notice that the difference between atheist and pagan is clearly stated in the verses. [snip]
No I notice no such thing.

But what I do notice is that the question of who the Christian missionaries are is still unanswered. JayUtahs question seems quite clear yet it remains unaddressed.
Old 16th April 2019, 05:44 PM   #1315
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Does that mean thereís a parallel universe where you answer the questions asked of you with integrity instead of trying to change the subject?

Nah. Thatís crazy talk.
Old 16th April 2019, 05:51 PM   #1316
winter salt
Thinker

Notice that the difference between atheist and pagan is clearly stated in the verses. When One doesn't believe in God (atheist), the other (pagan) believes to God, but in the faith of Shirk.

Meanwhile, in the verses, there is also an answer to the spiritualists who claim the matter/universe is imagination/illusion:

46:3 We did not create the heavens and the earth, and everything between them except with truth, and for an appointed time. Those who reject turn away from what they are being warned with.

29:44 God created the heavens and the earth, with truth. In that is a sign for those who acknowledge.

Your mistakes that are mostly based on the translation issues were shown to you multiple times before. So I'm not gonna repeat them. You're not interested in intellectual honesty and truth and critical thinking. And you clearly have no knowledge of the Arabic language.
I lived as a devout Muslim for three decades. Memorized most of the Quran and studied Arabic. There's nothing in the Quran about atheism. People who invented Quran had no idea on this issue. In fact they believed the end of the world was eminent, possibly in their life time. They just tried to prosiletize Christians Jews and polytheists. They had no time and interest in philosophical debates about the existence of a creator of everything.

You insist on this stupidity.
Islamic scholars used several terms to denote atheistic philosophies known to them.
Mainly MaddÓyyun, DehrÓyyun, Zen‚dika, Mel‚hide.
And even these are not mentioned in the Quran.
Because the first Muslims were not exposed so much to other cultures.
Their world was very small. (Mohammad's world).
He simply didn't even know about the atheistic philosophies of his time.
That's why they're not mentioned in the Quran.
Sirk in the Quran is not even close to "non-belief in the supernatural entities".
It only means believing there to be other god/gods working together with allah.
You need to study your Quran before you blabber about it.

Hey Emre, I have news for you.
By Quranic standards you're going to eternal hellfire.
You put words into allah's mouth.
You interpret his words in ways that even his messenger didn't.
You're a kafir.
You're also a mulhid. (You're working to spoil his religion).
You're doomed to Hell, that is if you really believe it.
You're no more muslim than we atheists are.

Last edited by winter salt; 16th April 2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 17th April 2019, 03:27 AM   #1317
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
You're just repeating your claims and ignoring the corrections. You don't actually have any intelligent answer for them, do you?
As the master said:
Quote:
One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about human beings was their habit of continually stating and repeating the obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you alright? At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behaviour. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favour of a new one.
If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Old 17th April 2019, 03:46 AM   #1318
catsmate
No longer the 1

In the Quran, the word "day" is 365 times, the word "days" is 30 times, and the word "month" repeats 12 times and does not mean anything to you?
Repeating mis-spelled lies isn't going to convince anyone.

BLACKHOLES IN QURAN

Quran 56:75- So, I swear by the place where the stars fall.(56- The Inevitable, 75)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...esmighty-oath/

[Quran 86.1-3] And the heaven and the "Knocker" (Tarek in Arabic طارق) How could you know about the "Knocker"? The piercing star (Thakeb in Arabic).
Absolute nonsense. Obviously you're unfamiliar with "that short, fat humble village rector".

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
this space for lease
Old 17th April 2019, 03:56 AM   #1319
catsmate
No longer the 1

On the contrary, you've detected that I'm right.
Nope. We've detected that you're desperately lying to cover your ignorance and uncertainty.
That's why the Christian missionaries in the forum panicked for the first time, and their voices began to vibrate.
What "Christian missionaries" are those? Other than in your imagination of course...

In the Quran, the word "day" is 365 times, the word "days" is 30 times, and the word "month" repeats 12 times.
Still lying. Pathetic.

1 month =

30.4368499 days
No.
There are actually several "months". For example astronomy has five:
The classic sidereal month of ~27.32166 days
The synodic month of ~29.53059 days
The tropical month of ~27.32158 days
The anomalistic month of ~27.55455 days
The draconic month of ?27.21222 days

Calendars don't have equal length months.
Old 17th April 2019, 03:58 AM   #1320
catsmate
No longer the 1

Notice that the difference between atheist and pagan is clearly stated in the verses.
You're lying again. Pathetic.

Meanwhile......
Ah the wallpaper words some out.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy