ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 14th March 2020, 01:16 AM   #521
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Random View Post
It's a bit grim, but Coronavirus kills Republicans at a higher rate than Democrats. The 65+ bracket is when the death rate starts to look scary and that is an age group that is majority GOP. Enough people die, some close elections could break to the Democrats, even if no one changes their votes.
And even so, the overwhelming share of Democrats are and will be firmly in favor of preventing those deaths and pushing policies that benefit them, as opposed to the Republicans that they tend to vote for that keep trying to remove the things that protect them.

To poke elsewhere, though...

Supreme Court Bar member resigns and rips the Roberts Court in his letter

Stuff like...

Quote:
The Court, under your leadership and with your votes, has wantonly flouted established precedent. Your “conservative” majority has cynically undermined basic freedoms by hypocritically weaponizing others. The ideas of free speech and religious liberty have been transmogrified to allow officially sanctioned bigotry and discrimination, as well as to elevate the grossest forms of political bribery beyond the ability of the federal government or states to rationally regulate it. More than a score of decisions during your tenure have overturned established precedents—some more than forty years old– and you voted with the majority in most. There is nothing “conservative” about this trend. This is radical “legal activism” at its worst.
Old 14th March 2020, 01:52 AM   #522
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Our president’s idea of leadership.

He had charts printed up showing Friday’s stock market rally and the signed them before sending them out to Congresscritters and GOP supporters.
"The President would like to share the attached image with you, and passes along the following message: 'From opening of press conference, biggest day in stock market history!'“

But don’t say he has a mental disorder! Because that is totally normal!

Last edited by Ladewig; 14th March 2020 at 01:53 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 02:12 AM   #523
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
How will a fat old man like the president be able to cope with COVID-19 if he gets infected?

Ranb
Trump getting even seriously ill from Corona virus would in my book qualify as valid, albeit far from conclusive, evidence for the existence of God.

Hans
Old 14th March 2020, 02:18 AM   #524
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Dunno if I agree. He may not make any sense but can go on for extended periods non-stop.
That's about 90% of being a successful speaker.
Only provided you make some sense while you talk.

Hans
Old 14th March 2020, 04:07 AM   #525
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

A tweet for everything.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·Nov 8, 2013
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 04:12 AM   #526
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
It's not about supplies. They are offering their parking lots to be used by mobile testing facilities.
The giant parking lots that are almost always 3/4 empty?

Such noble sacrifice!
Old 14th March 2020, 05:34 AM   #527
chrispy
Muse

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Our president’s idea of leadership.

He had charts printed up showing Friday’s stock market rally and the signed them before sending them out to Congresscritters and GOP supporters.
"The President would like to share the attached image with you, and passes along the following message: 'From opening of press conference, biggest day in stock market history!'“

But don’t say he has a mental disorder! Because that is totally normal!
Is this real? Jesus Jumpin' Christ!
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 06:10 AM   #528
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

BIGGEST STOCK MARKET RISE IN HISTORY YESTERDAY!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 06:12 AM   #529
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted
Candace Owens
@RealCandaceO
LET’S GO AMERICAFlag of United States!
After 2 years of fighting and challenging the status quo— I finally wrote it.
The book Democrats don’t want Minorities to read.
BLACKOUT: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape From The Democrat Plantation. Available for pre-order on Amazon today!
Old 14th March 2020, 06:16 AM   #530
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
The first question you should ask about such news stories is "Is it something an idiot who knows nothing would do?", if it passes that test then you have passed the first hurdle, it could be something Trump has done. The second question is "Is it crass?" again if it passes that test then it is getting more and more likely the story is true. The final question is "Is it something an egotistic person would do?" If it is 3 for 3, you can act on the reasonable conclusions it is more than likely true. Of course with Trump this will fail from time to time as what you will find is that what he actually did was even more idiotical, even more crass and even more egotistically self serving.

Last edited by Darat; 14th March 2020 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Not enough ego
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 06:17 AM   #531
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted
Candace Owens
@RealCandaceO
BLACKOUT: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape From The Democrat Plantation. Available for pre-order on Amazon today!
He really is pulling all the stops out to unite the country, sorry to unite his base at this time of national emergency.
Old 14th March 2020, 06:23 AM   #532
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Trump Tweets

BIGGEST STOCK MARKET RISE IN HISTORY YESTERDAY!
I suppose since history for Trump began yesterday and ended yesterday he doesn't have a good metric by which to measure such things. Of course he is lying: It's the biggest increase for 11 years, but still down from last week.
Old 14th March 2020, 06:31 AM   #533
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/13/p...oto/index.html

Image copyright CNN.
Old 14th March 2020, 06:42 AM   #534
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I suppose since history for Trump began yesterday and ended yesterday he doesn't have a good metric by which to measure such things. Of course he is lying: It's the biggest increase for 11 years, but still down from last week.
While it is not the biggest one-day percentage increase (two days in October 2008 have larger percentage increases), it is the biggest DJIA one-day increase based on raw numbers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...strial_Average

ETA
That page also shows that President Trump holds the record for the fifteen largest one-day drops.

There does not appear to be any reliable evidence that he signed printouts of those days.
On the other hand, given how chuckle-headed our POTUS is, I suspect a wag might be able to get him to sign a print-out of one of those drops by sweet talking him as he holds out a pen and paper.

Last edited by Ladewig; 14th March 2020 at 06:51 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 06:43 AM   #535
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
And even so, the overwhelming share of Democrats are and will be firmly in favor of preventing those deaths and pushing policies that benefit them, as opposed to the Republicans that they tend to vote for that keep trying to remove the things that protect them.

To poke elsewhere, though...

Supreme Court Bar member resigns and rips the Roberts Court in his letter

Stuff like...
Been saying this since the so-clled conseervatives simply invented a new constitutional right to justify gutting the Voting Rights Act - in fact, I've called it the worst civil rights decision since Plessy. I'm guessing this guy (who is far more knowledgable than I am, clearly) concluded this before I did, but found their assisting the idiot in chief to be the last straw.

Trump Retweeted
Candace Owens
@RealCandaceO
Hilite, mine. What a remarkably racist title for a book.

Again, grifters like Owens aren't speaking or writing for black people, they're doing it to validate the views of racist white people. Gotta make money somehow, I guess.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 07:03 AM   #536
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Why, gee...thanks a whole hell of a lot. It's nice to know I'm expendable.
To be clear, I'm GenX, not that far from the age where the data so far indicate things get dicey, with risk factors on top of that. I'm not exactly sanguine about my own chances if worse comes to worse.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 07:14 AM   #537
slyjoe
Graduate Poster

Don't think anyone has touched on him saying Google has 1700 engineers working on software to get people to testing centers.

As a retired engineer, I knrw this was BS as soon as he said it.

Turns out, Verify (a company owned by Alphabet, Google's parent) will have a small website in place for the Bay Area in California only in the near term.

ETA: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/2...-thru-covid-19
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade

Last edited by slyjoe; 14th March 2020 at 07:17 AM.
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 08:29 AM   #538
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
Don't think anyone has touched on him saying Google has 1700 engineers working on software to get people to testing centers.

As a retired engineer, I knrw this was BS as soon as he said it.

Turns out, Verify (a company owned by Alphabet, Google's parent) will have a small website in place for the Bay Area in California only in the near term.

ETA: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/2...-thru-covid-19
In other words, Trump is dealing with this the way he has dealt with just about everything - by lying about what's being done and achieved.
Old 14th March 2020, 08:45 AM   #539
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Trump officials too scared of Dear Leader to tell him the truth:
Quote:
Interviews with 13 current and former officials, as well as individuals close to the White House, painted a picture of a president who rewards those underlings who tell him what he wants to hear while shunning those who deliver bad news.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...t-style-123465
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 09:09 AM   #540
Tero
Graduate Poster

Trump's response to the coronavirus (his words):

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 13: National Emergency Declaration
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 09:33 AM   #541
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
(snip for brevity)
Don't forget... March 7: I didn't know people died from the flu.
Old 14th March 2020, 09:40 AM   #542
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

At what point do you think Trump voters are going to realise that electing a know nothing know it all with the emotional maturity of a spoilt toddler as their President might not have been a good idea?
Old 14th March 2020, 09:45 AM   #543
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump's response to the coronavirus (his words):

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 13: National Emergency Declaration
is there a way to Sticky this?
Old 14th March 2020, 09:49 AM   #544
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Quote:
I was about to ask our resident trump disciples if they could defend or explain this... string of words, when it hit me... Is it just me, or have they been away from the forums the past few days?
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 10:06 AM   #545
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
I was about to ask our resident trump disciples if they could defend or explain this... string of words, when it hit me... Is it just me, or have they been away from the forums the past few days?
They're around. I'd imagine they're not commenting on Trump's actions in regards to this issue because it's not that big of a deal. If the disease does die down in the next couple months, I'd imagine a long, hot summer in which this subject is never brought up by the deplorables.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 10:12 AM   #546
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

T
This can't be a real quote, can it?

This is totally moronic. And I mean that in the literal sense with the original meaning of moron. I mean, Webster's definition 2

2dated, now offensive : a person affected with mild intellectual disability
Old 14th March 2020, 10:12 AM   #547
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Trump getting even seriously ill from Corona virus would in my book qualify as valid, albeit far from conclusive, evidence for the existence of God.

Hans
A scene I'd like to see:
Trump begins a press conference, solo. He's looking a bit disheveled and sweaty. Gives the same blah, blah, blah he always does. Then suddenly coughs, and coughs again. Begins a slow (very slow, like the sloth laughing at the DMV in Zootopia) realization that he's got it. Ends blah, blah with racking coughs and takes no questions.

Oh, I'm sure he would receive the best treatment available, so no worries there...
Old 14th March 2020, 10:21 AM   #548
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

So what happens when most of what he and these other clowns promised Friday doesn't come to pass? When the media calls him out on it, he'll just continue lying and blaming Obama and Democrats.
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 10:40 AM   #549
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
So what happens when most of what he and these other clowns promised Friday doesn't come to pass? When the media calls him out on it, he'll just continue lying and blaming Obama and Democrats.
Yes, and 40% of Americans will believe him.
Old 14th March 2020, 10:49 AM   #550
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

THE UNITED STATES LOVES ITALY!
Old 14th March 2020, 10:52 AM   #551
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump Tweets

Because, for now, it makes Trump look good by comparison?
Old 14th March 2020, 10:53 AM   #552
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

You forget they live in their own alternative reality, where inconvinient facts can't reach them.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 10:54 AM   #553
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Well, that was random.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 11:01 AM   #554
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That has to be the worry. His usual "action plan" is to say he will have a press conference in two weeks time.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:03 AM   #555
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Yesterday the stock market recovered almost the entire loss from Thursday. Today, the Embecile-in-Chief informs us that he's "honored" by this.

Some time back, I made an effort not to get wound up by his daily diarrhea of the mouth. It's been hard to stick with that the past week.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:07 AM   #556
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
A scene I'd like to see:
Trump begins a press conference, solo. He's looking a bit disheveled and sweaty. Gives the same blah, blah, blah he always does. Then suddenly coughs, and coughs again. Begins a slow (very slow, like the sloth laughing at the DMV in Zootopia) realization that he's got it. Ends blah, blah with racking coughs and takes no questions...
Wow, would I ever love to see that. He's so transparent. You can read him like a highway sign. Would be sheer comedic gold!
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 11:27 AM   #557
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

18 hours ago: no need for Trump to be tested.
Two hours ago: says he's been tested.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:35 AM   #558
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Trump Tweets

Americans are the strongest and most resilient people on earth...We will remove or eliminate every obstacle necessary to deliver our people the care that they need, and that they are entitled to. No resource will be spared.

It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15th as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these....

....No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!

Any thoughts on how much praying Trump will do, aside from praying that this whole disease thing doesn't screw up his chances for re-election, that is?

Quote:
At my request, effective midnight tonight, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and MSC have all agreed to suspend outbound cruises for thirty days. It is a great and important industry – it will be kept that way!

When and how did cruise ships become "a great and important industry"?

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 11:44 AM   #559
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump Tweets

To those families and citizens who are worried and concerned for themselves and their loved ones, I want you to know that your Federal Government will unleash every authority, resource and tool at its disposal to safeguard the lives and health of our people.

I fully support H.R. 6201: Families First CoronaVirus Response Act, which will be voted on in the House this evening. This Bill will follow my direction for free CoronaVirus tests, and paid sick leave for our impacted American workers. I have directed....

....the Secretary of the Treasury and the Secretary of Labor to issue regulations that will provide flexibility so that in no way will Small Businesses be hurt. I encourage all Republicans and Democrats to come together and VOTE YES! I will always put....

....the health and well-being of American families FIRST. Look forward to signing the final Bill, ASAP!
Trump Tweets

Americans are the strongest and most resilient people on earth...We will remove or eliminate every obstacle necessary to deliver our people the care that they need, and that they are entitled to. No resource will be spared.

It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15th as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these....

....No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!

At my request, effective midnight tonight, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and MSC have all agreed to suspend outbound cruises for thirty days. It is a great and important industry – it will be kept that way!
Someone is definitely writing his Tweets today.
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 11:48 AM   #560
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

How are you feeling?
Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Space Force.
Because feeding poor people is socialism.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics