ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 3rd October 2019, 12:00 PM   #481
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Acting-President
No. That was Ronnie's nickname.
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:02 PM   #482
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I bet if the House used these nicknames to refer to the president in their articles of impeachment, it would totally sway public opinion, and pretty much guarantee that the Senate votes to remove.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:23 PM   #483
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Comrade
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:24 PM   #484
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump thinks that repeating the crime dilutes the guilt.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:37 PM   #485
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I bet if the House used these nicknames to refer to the president in their articles of impeachment, it would totally sway public opinion, and pretty much guarantee that the Senate votes to remove.
You really don't see the irony in that statement, do you?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:49 PM   #486
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Not really, no. But ever since that one Alanis Morissette song, I've been confused about what irony is.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:53 PM   #487
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Not really, no. But ever since that one Alanis Morissette song, I've been confused about what irony is.
I suggest a close study of post #12843166.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:56 PM   #488
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I. M. Peachhy.
Old 3rd October 2019, 01:09 PM   #489
Doubt
Philosopher

Orange Rage Clown.

I thought of this yesterday but somebody else came up with it first around 2017.
Old 3rd October 2019, 02:08 PM   #490
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
Orange Rage Clown.

I thought of this yesterday but somebody else came up with it first around 2017.
Which inspires this:

PennyFoolish.
Old 3rd October 2019, 02:15 PM   #491
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Trump called a lot of his political opponents by a simple demeaning nickname. Little Marco Rubio, Lying Ted Cruz, Low Energy Jeb, Crispy Creme Christie etc. But I think it's time for everyone to call him a nickname.

I 've been trying to think of a good nickname for him. So many come to mind. Pussy Grabber, Deceitful Don, Drumpf Trump, Lying Turd or alternatively Lying POS.

But I think after his submissive obsequious performance with Putin, I've been thinking Treasonous Trump or Traitor Trump.

Any ideas? I'll put them up for a vote later.
The Orange man?
Old 3rd October 2019, 02:46 PM   #492
ToddH
Critical Thinker

Fat Nixon
ToddH is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 05:01 PM   #493
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I've taken to calling Trump voters, Magascum and Trumptrash. Not really his nickname but those are good, dehumanizing names for Trump supporters.
Old 3rd October 2019, 06:34 PM   #494
Senex
Philosopher

My sister voted for him and when I want to mention him in her presence I always look up in the air and appear puzzled and say, "you know, the grab them by the pussy guy. Oh yeah, Trump."

It gets my point across.
Senex is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 06:56 PM   #495
Cainkane1
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I've taken to calling Trump voters, Magascum and Trumptrash. Not really his nickname but those are good, dehumanizing names for Trump supporters.
That's downright insulting of you.
Old 3rd October 2019, 07:41 PM   #496
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

The Banana Republican

There is such a thing as orange colored bananas by the way.

I'm deeply concerned that my proposed nickname will fall short of the lofty goal to sway the impeachment proceedings.

Last edited by varwoche; 3rd October 2019 at 07:48 PM.
varwoche is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:09 PM   #497
Doubt
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ToddH View Post
Fat Nixon
Nixon actually had some redeeming traits. Not much, mind you. But we did get the clean air and clean water acts out of him.
Old 3rd October 2019, 08:22 PM   #498
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Nixon actually had some redeeming traits. Not much, mind you. But we did get the clean air and clean water acts out of him.
Yeah. You're absolutely right. Being from Southern California Trump was acutely aware of pollution. The smog there in the 60s and 70s was far worse than it is now. Support for environmental protection was quite bipartisan at that time.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2019, 07:57 AM   #499
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Yeah. You're absolutely right. Being from Southern California Trump was acutely aware of pollution. The smog there in the 60s and 70s was far worse than it is now. Support for environmental protection was quite bipartisan at that time.

That was because rich people had to live in it.

Once Beverly Hills and Manhattan got cleaned up enough the bipartisan stuff seemed to lose energy.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2019, 11:02 AM   #500
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I assume you mean Nixon was aware! Trump thinks it's fake news.
Old 4th October 2019, 12:48 PM   #501
CORed
Philosopher

Turns out that emission controls on cars actually worked. I wasn't in Southern California in the '60's and '70's, but I was in Denver then, and I remember days when the whole city smelled like a refinery. Though days with a temperature inversion still show a "brown cloud" the air at least remains reasonably breathable. And there are a hell of a lot more cars there now than there were then.

Last edited by CORed; 4th October 2019 at 12:49 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2019, 01:14 PM   #502
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Orange Rage Clown.

Would not be surprised if we see a lot of clown based nicknames for Donnie, given a certain movie opening this weekend...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2019, 03:30 PM   #503
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Nixon tried to reform insurance / health care. His plan went much further than Obamacare. It failed due to Dems insisting on more. <heavy sigh> In the modern GOP, Nixon would be considered a commie.
Old 5th October 2019, 05:02 PM   #504
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

No need for a nickname with proper emphasis: pResident tRump
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2019, 05:34 PM   #505
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I assume you mean Nixon was aware! Trump thinks it's fake news.
Yeah, I meant Nixon. Whoops.
Old 6th October 2019, 06:21 AM   #506
C_Felix
Master Poster

Commander-in-ept
Old 6th October 2019, 07:44 AM   #507
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
Commander-in-ept
Old 17th October 2019, 04:21 AM   #508
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

After that simple-minded letter to the president of Turkey?

Donald Gump.
Old 17th October 2019, 04:24 AM   #509
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Donald "when-I-grow-up-I-want-to-be-President" Trump
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2019, 05:16 AM   #510
Doubt
Philosopher

Freshly Squeezed Orange POTUS.
Old 17th October 2019, 08:22 AM   #511
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The Great Goat of Kiev.
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #512
bobdroege7
Master Poster

Playground Moderator

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM   #513
wasapi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bobdroege7 View Post
Playground Moderator
Yeah. He has always reminded me of the pudgy-guy in elementary school who bullied kids because they never let him be Hall Monitor.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics