ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump controversies

Old 26th September 2019, 07:56 PM   #121
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
At least Louis the XIV ,the Sun King, had some style. Trump does not.
Actually, it was Louis XV who said that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2019, 09:30 PM   #122
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
"Why are we letting people from ****-hole countries come in?"
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Mexico is sending us rapists and drug dealers.
Both mentioned at the start but have dropped won the list thanks to even worse statements.
Old 27th September 2019, 12:34 AM   #123
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Both mentioned at the start but have dropped won the list thanks to even worse statements.
Ah, I missed "----hole countries" in the list, but that's too brief; it misses the reason it's so disgusting. What he was saying is that anyone unfortunate enough to be born in such a country was automatically undesirable -- straight up racist stereotyping regardless of the state of those countries.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2019, 12:54 AM   #124
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Everything Trump ever said about women.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 27th September 2019 at 01:57 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2019, 01:11 AM   #125
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
A new one to add to his most disgusting comments:

Yep, whistleblowers are treasonous spies who should be shot. What an ass.

My understanding is that the whistle blower went through a legal channel by reporting it to an inspector general or something. He didn't do a Snowden. Nor did he leak classified information to a reporter, to my knowledge.
Old 27th September 2019, 01:57 AM   #126
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
My understanding is that the whistle blower went through a legal channel by reporting it to an inspector general or something. He didn't do a Snowden. Nor did he leak classified information to a reporter, to my knowledge.
...but given how his Complaint was handled, he might come to regret that decision.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2019, 02:05 AM   #127
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
At least Louis the XIV ,the Sun King, had some style. Trump does not.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Actually, it was Louis XV who said that.
Not so fast Stacyhs, my research indicates that Dubalb was correct.

Old 27th September 2019, 02:07 AM   #128
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Duplicate post
User error.
Old 28th September 2019, 06:51 AM   #129
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

The problem with this thread is that 10 is far too small a number!
Old 28th September 2019, 07:55 AM   #130
wasapi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Exactly. I could count off 10 within the first week of his campaign. If I sat down and worked out a list, I'm sure I could tic off a hundred in a short period of time.
Old 28th September 2019, 08:31 AM   #131
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

That's because there are so many distinct categories!

My list would favor the category of utterances that generally come from the mouths of dictator thugs. The calls for violence against people whose only "crime" is to oppose Trump. Labeling the media as "enemy of the people". Etc.
Old 29th September 2019, 05:55 AM   #132
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm kind of seeing collusion and coercion with/of other countries to help his election prospects as kind if the same thing. Ukraine, Russia count as one to me.
Old 29th September 2019, 05:59 AM   #133
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm kind of seeing collusion and coercion with/of other countries to help his election prospects as kind if the same thing. Ukraine, Russia count as one to me.
To Putin too.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 08:10 AM   #134
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

How about making this thread manageable - change the title to top ten disgusting things by Trump this month?
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 10:03 AM   #135
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
How about making this thread manageable - change the title to top ten disgusting things by Trump this month?
Month?
Old 29th September 2019, 10:42 AM   #136
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Maybe like the TLA? You can get a lot in, and I probably could cut it down to ten worst ovet3that timeframe.
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 10:53 AM   #137
Cainkane1
Philosopher

No President was ever perfect. Trump needs to think before he says anything. Shoving people out of the way no. I don't approve. What I do approve of is his handling of Americas Economy and the way he puts America first. A lot of countries fit his description although he should not have come out and said it.

Trump has strengthened our military. He is a better leader than Obama ever hoped to be. Obama seemed to love every nation in the world that openly hated the United States. Hillary and Slick Willie are way more immoral than Trump and while Trumps admittedly crass comments about women are bad they are nothing compared to Billy Clinton going to an Island possibly to have sex with very young and underaged girls.

Truman once said If Nixon that he was a shifty-eyed GD son of a b---h. Presidents cuss and do things that are not according to Hoyle. Why single out Trump?
Old 29th September 2019, 11:15 AM   #138
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cainkane1 View Post
What I do approve of is his handling of Americas Economy and the way he puts America first.

What has he done? His trade war doesn't seem to be helping anything. Probably falls short of disgusting, though soy bean farmers and others may disagree.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 11:48 AM   #139
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

No President was ever perfect. Trump needs to think before he says anything. Shoving people out of the way no. I don't approve. What I do approve of is his handling of Americas Economy and the way he puts America first. A lot of countries fit his description although he should not have come out and said it.

Trump has strengthened our military. He is a better leader than Obama ever hoped to be. Obama seemed to love every nation in the world that openly hated the United States. Hillary and Slick Willie are way more immoral than Trump and while Trumps admittedly crass comments about women are bad they are nothing compared to Billy Clinton going to an Island possibly to have sex with very young and underaged girls.

Truman once said If Nixon that he was a shifty-eyed GD son of a b---h. Presidents cuss and do things that are not according to Hoyle. Why single out Trump?

Disclosing US intelligence sources to a strategic opponent (Putin) doesn't seem like strengthening the US military.

Instigating a trade war with China doesn't seem like helping the economy.

I get that you don't like the Clintons, but I don't see why you think Hilary is more immoral than trump.
Old 29th September 2019, 12:01 PM   #140
catsmate
No longer the 1

Have you considered altering your number base? Hexadecimal is popular but there's always sexagesimal...
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:34 PM   #141
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Have you considered altering your number base? Hexadecimal is popular but there's always sexagesimal...
That's the numbering system that makes the timing of Easter make sense?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:40 PM   #142
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

1. Blackface
2. Blackface
3. Blackface
5. TBD
6. TBD
7. TBD
8. TBD
8. TBD
9. TBD
10. TBD

No, wait. That's Justin Trudeau. Funny how Donald Trump is supposedly the big racist.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:41 PM   #143
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Why single out Trump?
Can you provide evidence of former presidents who have:

Mocked the disabled?
Abused a Gold Star family?
Bullied a young girl?

It's Trump that is singular, not the criticism of him.
Old 29th September 2019, 12:43 PM   #144
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
1. Blackface
2. Blackface
3. Blackface
5. TBD
6. TBD
7. TBD
8. TBD
8. TBD
9. TBD
10. TBD

No, wait. That's Justin Trudeau. Funny how Donald Trump is supposedly the big racist.
You have convinced me not to vote for Justin Trudeau.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 12:51 PM   #145
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

1. Blackface
2. Blackface
3. Blackface
5. TBD
6. TBD
7. TBD
8. TBD
8. TBD
9. TBD
10. TBD

TBD was Justin Trudeau?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 01:01 PM   #146
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
TBD was Justin Trudeau?
I mean, the ****** wears blackface on the regular. Who knows what he's really capable of?

But somehow Donald Trump is the "obvious racist". How does that work, in your mind?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 01:06 PM   #147
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

I mean, the ****** wears blackface on the regular. Who knows what he's really capable of?

But somehow Donald Trump is the "obvious racist". How does that work, in your mind?
Because he makes racist comments. And keeps making them. And has been making racist comments for decades. And backs them up with racist policies.

Also is being a racist a bit like being in Highlander, where there can be only one?
Old 29th September 2019, 01:09 PM   #148
Venom
Illuminator

No no we need to spoon feed theprestige the overt uncensored racism.
Otherwise we can't say Trump is racist.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 06:20 PM   #149
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

1. Blackface

It really does show a total paucity of defence when the best you can come up with is "Trudeau's a racist".

Aside from the logical fallacy, it's already been noted that it's quite possible to have racists both sides of the border. Also, the thread's not about Trudeau.
Old 29th September 2019, 07:56 PM   #150
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
What has he done? His trade war doesn't seem to be helping anything. Probably falls short of disgusting, though soy bean farmers and others may disagree.
It's a good thing Obama left such a strong, robust economy that thrives despite Trump's economy-wrecking policies. It is looking like things are starting to deteriorate. Even the biggest mountains can be cut in half with trickle-down stream of Republican policies.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2019, 07:59 PM   #151
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Because he makes racist comments. And keeps making them. And has been making racist comments for decades. And backs them up with racist policies.

Also is being a racist a bit like being in Highlander, where there can be only one?
Trump supporters pretend that Trump isn't racist because it helps them feel that it hides their own racism. They don't mention the racist things Trump and Trump's father have done.
  • Redlining black people from renting.
  • Calling for the death penalty of acquitted black people.
  • Praising Nazis.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 02:54 AM   #152
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Racism is discrimination based on ethnic chauvinism and xenophobia, so yes, Trump is an obvious racist. Nothing anyone else in the world does changes or excuses that. That's how it works in my mind, but then I'm not trying to excuse myself for voting for a race-baiting demagogue.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 05:21 AM   #153
Armitage72
Illuminator

It really does show a total paucity of defence when the best you can come up with is "Trudeau's a racist".

Aside from the logical fallacy, it's already been noted that it's quite possible to have racists both sides of the border. Also, the thread's not about Trudeau.

It's the Law of Conservation of Racism. The total amount of racism in the world never increases or decreases, so if someone is revealed to be more racist, it means that someone else is less racist.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 11:06 AM   #154
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

I think tiny-hands Donny has been looking at this thread and has decided the current top five aren't really up to the standard of revulsion we should all have for him, so has brought up two new contenders in a couple of days.

Re-Tweeting this statement:

Quote:
If the Democrats are successful in removing the President from office (which they will never be), it will cause a Civil War like fracture in this Nation from which our Country will never heal.”
And coming up with this gem all on his own: arrest the House intelligence chair for treason.

(I'm presuming he Tweets so much from his phone because his tiny hands make it easy)
Old 30th September 2019, 11:56 AM   #155
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

I think tiny-hands Donny has been looking at this thread and has decided the current top five aren't really up to the standard of revulsion we should all have for him, so has brought up two new contenders in a couple of days.

Re-Tweeting this statement:

And coming up with this gem all on his own: arrest the House intelligence chair for treason.

(I'm presuming he Tweets so much from his phone because his tiny hands make it easy)

And building on that we have this gem:

Quote:
Hereís the money quote from that thread. This is the truth. This is where we are. We ARE on the verge of a HOT civil war. Like in 1859. Thatís where we are. And the Right has ZERO trust or respect for anything the left is doing. We see THEM as illegitimate too.@StewartRhodesOK
https://twitter.com/Oathkeepers/stat...847590400?s=19

Ignorant Trash
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 03:31 PM   #156
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And we have a couple of late entries with Trump's 'Arrest Schaff For Treason" and'Impeach me and start a Civil War" comments.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2019, 04:46 PM   #157
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Not so fast Stacyhs, my research indicates that Dubalb was correct.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...dd018c3f90.jpg
Damn, that's funny! Well done.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 10:06 PM   #158
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Strong contender for top five - throwing US allies, the Kurds, to the Turks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...kurdish-allies
Old 7th October 2019, 12:43 AM   #159
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Strong contender for top five - throwing US allies, the Kurds, to the Turks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...kurdish-allies
Yes I came here to post that. Really bad in the long term.
Old 7th October 2019, 03:36 AM   #160
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

"Very fine people."

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics