ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 30th September 2019, 07:04 PM   #81
Venom
Illuminator

Another gem from the beginning of this week.

Originally Posted by Barack Obama
His lies were made in perhaps the most blatant and sinister manner ever seen in the great Chamber. He wrote down and read terrible things, then said it was from the mouth of the President of the United States. I want Schiff questioned at the highest level for Fraud & Treason.....
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2019, 03:31 AM   #82
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Did you see his tux at the Queen's dinner? Where did he get it? Walmart?
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...cc70f7e22a.jpg
Yes, the suit is laughable, but the purpose of posting it in political threads is not laughter. This photo is example 1734 of President Trump’s disdain for planning. A normal person would say, “if I am meeting a world leader for a state dinner and it has been more than a decade since I’ve worn white tie, then I should try on my clothes a week before to make sure everything fits. It will take only a couple of minutes and I can even do it while I am watching TV.”

Last edited by Ladewig; 1st October 2019 at 03:33 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2019, 04:56 AM   #83
SuburbanTurkey
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Yes, the suit is laughable, but the purpose of posting it in political threads is not laughter. This photo is example 1734 of President Trump’s disdain for planning. A normal person would say, “if I am meeting a world leader for a state dinner and it has been more than a decade since I’ve worn white tie, then I should try on my clothes a week before to make sure everything fits. It will take only a couple of minutes and I can even do it while I am watching TV.”
It's hard to say if this is bad planning or deliberate choice. None of Trump's suits fit that well. You can do better getting an off the rack cheap suit at a department store. It's pretty clear a lot of his bizarre mannerisms are deliberate choice, like his stupidly long ties or veering forward as he stands. I am assuming his giant, boxy suits are of a similar vein.

Factor in his silly handshake games, where he tries to surprise other men by yanking them off balance during a friendly hand shake, you start to see what a petty mindset is driving these decisions. Trump is still subscribing to "power tie" mentality of the 80's, where inconsequential details are somehow avenues for asserting dominance. He's a petty man down to the core, and everything about him, including his wardrobe and mannerisms, signal it.

Just a normal family, standing in the normal way.

Edited by Loss Leader:  Image edited for size. Please use IMGW=500 for large images.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 1st October 2019 at 05:17 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2019, 03:23 PM   #84
kedo1981
Master Poster

I think that "The Donald" found out that Melania's favorite vibrator was the black one with "Barrack" written on it.
kedo1981 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2019, 03:27 PM   #85
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kedo1981 View Post
I think that "The Donald" found out that Melania's favorite vibrator was the black one with "Barrack" written on it.
This would probably work better if you knew how to spell "Barack".
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2019, 04:47 PM   #86
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Just a normal family, standing in the normal way.

Now Trump looks like he has some serious anterior pelvic tilt going on there, resulting in an exaggerated forward tilt at the belly.

Could just be how he stands but sheesh.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2019, 04:56 PM   #87
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
This would probably work better if you knew how to spell "Barack".

That would be assuming Melania herself knows how to spell it: I don't have high hopes for Ms "Be Best", personally.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2019, 05:33 PM   #88
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Now Trump looks like he has some serious anterior pelvic tilt going on there, resulting in an exaggerated forward tilt at the belly.

It's his corset. Meanwhile, Junior looks like he's wearing a bra.
Old 2nd October 2019, 06:01 AM   #89
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...

It's like someone shaved a gorilla and put it in a suit.

It wouldn't look out of place to see him knuckle-walking.
Old 6th October 2019, 01:54 PM   #90
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Well we know how they reacted when he had the audacity to wear a Tan suit, so....
Or ask for foreign mustard (although the fact he though Djion was spicy was scandalous).

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 05:56 PM   #91
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Or ask for foreign mustard (although the fact he though Djion was spicy was scandalous).
Without good ole 'Merican Ketchup!

Oh, and even worse, he wore a bike helmet when riding a bike, unlike Putin who rode wild bulls, shirtless, all while wrestling Eurasian Brown Bears!

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 03:38 AM   #92
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

I think the forward tilt may be an optical illusion caused by the size of his yuge ass. If it really is a tilt, then it may be a subconscious invitation to kiss his yuge ass.

But seriously, I think it's because he's trying to puff up his chest to look manly and his yuge ass needs to shift backwards to maintain balance.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 04:05 AM   #93
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I thought it was established knowledge that he uses insoles to make himself look bigger.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics