IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 10:20 PM   #2561
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Doubt it.
Melania won't share a bed with him.

My guess is both had a fling with Hicks separately.
Great! You win.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:23 PM   #2562
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

parody warning

Breaking news:

Trump to withdraw his Supreme Court Nominee, because, come January, he will need the Obamacare to get health insurance.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:29 PM   #2563
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Well, well, well.....Trump has tested positive for Covid. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Hold up there.
It is far more accurate to say “Trump claims to have tested positive.”
After all, no lie is too big for President Chucklehead.
Old 1st October 2020, 11:24 PM   #2564
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Melania declares war on christmas in a recording made by former friend and aide, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff.

Quote:
In the recordings, apparently made without her knowledge, Ms Trump can be heard saying: "I’m working like a – my ass off at Christmas stuff that you know, who gives a ******* about Christmas stuff and decoration?
She also seems to explain her "I Don't Care -- Do You?" jacket.

Quote:
"OK, and then I do it. And I say that I’m working on Christmas planning for the Christmas. And they said, ‘Ooh what about the children, that they were separated? ’ Give me a f***ing break.

“Where they were saying anything when Obama did that?”

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 11:34 PM   #2565
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Politically, the only thing that can safe Trump's Corona Narrative now is if Biden catches it, too.
Old 1st October 2020, 11:44 PM   #2566
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Wouldn't it be interesting to see Trump come down with COVID in the next few days? Wonder how that would affect the election?
This was posted just minutes before that was first reported. Now we'll find out!
Old 1st October 2020, 11:48 PM   #2567
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
This was posted just minutes before that was first reported. Now we'll find out!
WITCH! BURN HIM!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:45 AM   #2568
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Well, well, well.....Trump has tested positive for Covid. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Anyone want to bet how long it will be before we see trump tweet to complain about either people being happy he is sick, or people"politicizing" his personal illness.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:56 AM   #2569
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Anyone want to bet how long it will be before we see trump tweet to complain about either people being happy he is sick, or people "politicizing" his personal illness.
The Dems should publicly send a "Get well" card. Inside, it reads "Get well and truly".
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:57 AM   #2570
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I hope he survives it because I want to see him voted out.
Old 2nd October 2020, 03:41 AM   #2571
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Covid definitely owes us a W. Trump dying wouldn't work off the whole tab, but it would put a dent in it.

It would almost be karmic justice for known germophobe Trump's last waking memories be getting intubated for a pandemic he personally played a massive role in spreading conspiracy theories about.
Old 2nd October 2020, 04:23 AM   #2572
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Hold up there.
It is far more accurate to say “Trump claims to have tested positive.”
After all, no lie is too big for President Chucklehead.
Perhaps he's just trying to get out of another debate. He has a note that reads "ekskuz Trump from debait he has the kovad China viris".
Old 2nd October 2020, 05:43 AM   #2573
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Perhaps he's just trying to get out of another debate. He has a note that reads "ekskuz Trump from debait he has the kovad China viris".

Signed,

Donnie's Mom.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 05:45 AM   #2574
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Last night on hid call to Fox Trump said

"It's time to move, they should all be in jail, Hillary Clinton got caught, Comey got caught. They all got caught, and Obama too "
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 05:47 AM   #2575
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

"In response to this deliberate biological attack on our President, we have decided to nuke China."

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 05:49 AM   #2576
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

"It's time to move, they should all be in jail, Hillary Clinton got caught, Comey got caught. They all got caught, and Obama too "
If only Donald Trump had some kind of influence over the organisations that could prosecute those ne'er do wells instead of President Biden running interference for the last 4 years. If Donald Trump is elected President he'll finally be in a position to do something about it
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:24 AM   #2577
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

Poor diddums got a fever, has it?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:36 AM   #2578
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Nah, he's just doing it to gain publicity.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 06:45 AM   #2579
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Poking time -

Trump blames low-income people, minorities for 'ruining' suburbia.

Quote:
“By the way, just so we can get this straight, 30 percent of the people in the suburbs are low-income people. Thirty percent of the people in the suburbs are minorities. And so we’re ruining this American dream for everybody,” Trump said.
I don't want to waste my time writing up a condemnation of the obvious here, though, so moving on.

Texas' governor has made a somewhat remarkable attempt at voter suppression.

Quote:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has issued a proclamation limiting each of the state's counties to only one mail-in ballot drop-off location for the November election.
Some consequences?

Quote:
Harris County (population nearly 5 million people) must now reduce its 11 drop-off locations to one starting on Friday.

One location for 5 million people. One location for an area that is 1,777 mi² in size.

Travis County, which includes the reliably Democratic city of Austin, must limit its four drop-off locations to one.
Yeah, that's BS.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:38 AM   #2580
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I hope he survives it because I want to see him voted out.
This. Very much this. Way too many people on the forum seem to be hoping he dies.
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:08 AM   #2581
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/statu...55257992753152

GOP Senator for Utah, Mike Lee announces he's tested positive

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:12 AM   #2582
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/statu...55257992753152

GOP Senator for Utah, Mike Lee announces he's tested positive
Video of the ACB announcement event on Saturday at the WH featuring Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, who has now tested positive for Covid-19.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...64332306542592

Incredible ...
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:22 AM   #2583
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
This. Very much this. Way too many people on the forum seem to be hoping he dies.
I want him out. He is the biggest threat to American democracy since World War 2. My very country and freedom are at risk. He is doing everything he can to undermine the election illegally and immorally. He has already multiple times indicated that he simply will not accept losing. He has also made statements that encourage his followers into violence and even civil war. If you haven’t read about how the Nazis took over Germany.

Lose the election? How? Dead by COVID-19 would guarantee he is out.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:27 AM   #2584
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I want him out. He is the biggest threat to American democracy since World War 2. My very country and freedom are at risk. He is doing everything he can to undermine the election illegally and immorally. He has already multiple times indicated that he simply will not accept losing. He has also made statements that encourage his followers into violence and even civil war. If you haven’t read about how the Nazis took over Germany.

Lose the election? How? Dead by COVID-19 would guarantee he is out.
.....and then his successor would take over.

IMO President Trump is merely a symptom of the problems that US democracy is facing. Without him the GOP would still be purging voter rolls, closing polling stations, introducing voter ID laws and making as difficult as possible for certain people to vote. The GOP still want a majority of the power with a minority of the popular vote and an even smaller proportion of popular support.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:29 AM   #2585
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I honestly couldn't care less if he dies. Don't give one whit.

That ******* went on national tv on Tuesday and mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask. And now he is sick.

Boo
Friggin
Hoo
Old 2nd October 2020, 10:26 AM   #2586
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
.....and then his successor would take over.

IMO President Trump is merely a symptom of the problems that US democracy is facing. Without him the GOP would still be purging voter rolls, closing polling stations, introducing voter ID laws and making as difficult as possible for certain people to vote. The GOP still want a majority of the power with a minority of the popular vote and an even smaller proportion of popular support.
I don't think his replacement (i.e. Pence) would be anywhere near the order of magnitude of the problem Trump is.
Old 2nd October 2020, 10:38 AM   #2587
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
Nah, he's just doing it to gain publicity.
Nah, he has it. And deserves it. It must be difficult for an ego like his, to show any - weakness.
Old 2nd October 2020, 10:52 AM   #2588
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Lose the election? How?
I hear that happens if you get less votes than the other guy.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 11:29 AM   #2589
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
I hear that happens if you get less Electoral College votes than the other guy.
Fixed that for you.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:12 PM   #2590
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks .
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:20 PM   #2591
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

I don't wish him dead - at least not yet - I just want him to suffer.
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:32 PM   #2592
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
And only in the context of building his character.
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:37 PM   #2593
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
I hear that happens if you get less votes than the other guy.
As already corrected, Electoral College votes. But more so Trump and his minions are already doing whatever they can to disenfranchise likely Biden but not Trump voters. Arranging to prohibit mail in voting in Democratic states, slowing the mails if that doesn’t work, eliminating virtually all drop off boxes (as in Texas), etc. They are not even trying to hide the corruption!

In addition the Republicans are already challenging the count. Making it difficult to count the ballots and trying to implement rules that cut off the count after Election Day itself. And Trumps threatens to simply not accept a result wherein he loses, consisting both of calls to his followers to disrupt the count as “poll watchers” and attempts to rush formation of a favorable Supreme Court. All this and more to create anarchy if the count goes to Biden.

So no, the election is likely to not to go to who gets the more legitimate votes.

Again, look up to how Hitler was voted into office. And that was probably more fair than what the Republicans are implementing.

But dead is dead. I trust dead.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:42 PM   #2594
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Yeah, they've already filed a lawsuit against that rather obvious little bit of voter suppression. Abbott is an idiot. Did he really think he was going to get away with that?

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10...-drop-lawsuit/
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:42 PM   #2595
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

I sympathize with your view. I know a lovely lady who died in awful pain of Covid-1o. But as a moral compromise I will settle on wishing a quick death for him.
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:30 PM   #2596
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I don't even want him to suffer from Covid. I want him to suffer a humiliating defeat at the polls.
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:33 PM   #2597
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

I don't even want him to suffer from Covid. I want him to suffer a humiliating defeat at the polls.
Old 2nd October 2020, 02:08 PM   #2598
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I can appreciate the irony of him getting COVID, but I agree. I want to see him held to account.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd October 2020, 02:18 PM   #2599
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is being taken to Walter Reed on Marine One.
Old 2nd October 2020, 02:36 PM   #2600
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I just want him gone,period, and am not really particular about how it happens.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics