IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mike Lindell

Old 11th March 2021, 03:47 AM   #1
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

MyPillow guy to start own Social media site due to “all the election-machine fraud.”

The social media site is described as a cross between Twitter and YouTube, currently has no backers, only 10 people working on it, will rely upon his own servers rather than using Amazon and *will launch within three weeks*.

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...etween-youtube

This, if it ever gets off the ground, is going to be an glorious and short lived dumpster fire. I can't wait.

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; 11th March 2021 at 03:48 AM.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 03:48 AM   #2
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
The social media site is described as a cross between Twitter and YouTube, currently has no backers, only 10 people working on it and will rely upon his own servers rather than using Amazon.

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...etween-youtube

This, if it ever gets off the ground, is going to be an glorious and short lived dumpster fire. I can't wait.
Free pillows to all subscribers?
Old 11th March 2021, 04:10 AM   #3
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Subscribe a bunch of sock-puppets, then start firestorms with the other right-wing sock-puppets. See who gets the most ban-hammers.

It will all die a horrible death very quickly, if it ever gets off the ground.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 04:21 AM   #4
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Some wag on Twitter:

Quote:
Sounds good? But Mike, don’t give it an effeminate name like all these social media apps (Twitter, Instagram, bitchute, Parler). Call it “Fister”, as in a hand fist. So, when members post they can say they “fisted” or “fisting”. When someone posts on your stream you can say, “Oh look. Someone just fisted me”. Cheers mate.
Old 11th March 2021, 04:25 AM   #5
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by EvilBiker View Post
Some wag on Twitter:

I nominate the name "PillowTalk".
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 04:25 AM   #6
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Is that "MyPillow" as in the soon to be renamed "The Dominion buy one get ten free, we got all his money and had to take these damned pillows too, please have some. Pillow"?

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 04:25 AM   #7
Belz...
Fiend God

Wow, right-wingers are eager to have their own echo chamber.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 04:59 AM   #8
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Is that "MyPillow" as in the soon to be renamed "The Dominion buy one get ten free, we got all his money and had to take these damned pillows too, please have some. Pillow"?
The very same!
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 05:08 AM   #9
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

transparent attempt to spend all his money before Dominion can take it.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 05:19 AM   #10
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Dominion Sleep Systems
Old 11th March 2021, 05:49 AM   #11
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Good, but I nominate FingerBlast because you use your fingers to send messages and have a blast using it.

Or, we're all missing the obvious title, which is LibPwn.
Old 11th March 2021, 05:52 AM   #12
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
Good, but I nominate FingerBlast because you use your fingers to send messages and have a blast using it.

Or, we're all missing the obvious title, which is LibPwn.
I’d just go for Finger, myself:

“You’ve been fingered, mate!”

“I’m just busy fingering Beth, give me a few minutes.”

Etc.
Old 11th March 2021, 10:11 AM   #13
Carlotta
Critical Thinker

How about just YouTwit?
Carlotta is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 01:17 PM   #14
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Let;s make book on how long it lasts...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 03:59 PM   #15
carlitos
"más divertido"

Etc.
Facebook had (has?) "Poke" which wasn't nearly as direct. IIRC, there were reminders, like so-and-so poked you x years ago.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 09:17 PM   #16
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
How about just YouTwit?
Yup... you don't post much Carlotta, but when you do.......!!!
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2021, 09:19 PM   #17
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post

Post a poll, for the Planet X option, use

"On Planet X, only soft-cocks use pillows"
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2021, 09:04 AM   #18
Joe Random
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post

Where do I sign on to the 'explodes on the launchpad' option?
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2021, 10:18 AM   #19
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Those jokers on 4chan are already planning what they're going to do to it. This gon be gud.
Old 12th March 2021, 11:39 AM   #20
bknight
Master Poster

Unfortunately my son showed us a link to Lindell's video about a month ago. He believes it 100 %, even after attempting to dissuade him, we raised a CT how sad is this?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2021, 01:12 PM   #21
Agatha
Winking at the Moon
Deputy Admin

He was planning to call it Vocl. But there are already two trademarks registered at the US patent office for vocl, and Creatd (who own the trademark for the Vocal platform) have sent him a cease-and-desist.

So this afternoon Lindell said he would be launching a new name and URL on Monday. Fister is still in with a chance!

https://twitter.com/questauthority/s...595031558?s=20

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/my...174452987.html
Old 12th March 2021, 02:30 PM   #22
Galaxie
Muse

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Dominion Sleep Systems
I like it, it says "We take sleep seriously."
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2021, 03:32 PM   #23
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
transparent attempt to spend all his money before Dominion can take it.
This plus all the lawsuits.

There's not even a viable business plan for this social media malarkey. He himself describes it as ten tech guys with super computers stuff in a hidden shack. That's not even a mission statement, that's just a plot pitch for "Penguins of Madagascar 2".
Old 12th March 2021, 04:28 PM   #24
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
He was planning to call it Vocl. But there are already two trademarks registered at the US patent office for vocl, and Creatd (who own the trademark for the Vocal platform) have sent him a cease-and-desist.

So this afternoon Lindell said he would be launching a new name and URL on Monday. Fister is still in with a chance!

Hosted by mypillowguydumpsterfire.com
Old 12th March 2021, 06:41 PM   #25
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
Dominion Sleep Systems
I like it, it says "We take sleep seriously."
As one should.

Half of the world's problems would disappear if everybody had a good night's rest every night.
Old 14th March 2021, 01:40 PM   #26
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Free pillows to all subscribers?

And you call yourself a capitalist?

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post

Surely "PillowBiter" would be more manly?
Old 15th March 2021, 05:29 AM   #27
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post

Except he's got to alter the name slightly to stick with trends, call it Fistr or something.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2021, 06:59 PM   #28
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
Except he's got to alter the name slightly to stick with trends, call it Fistr or something.
I still love Fistr, baby?
Old 15th March 2021, 07:07 PM   #29
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Etc.
Back in the day, I fingered people on Unix all the time. Heck, the whole reason I started dating my wife is that she fingered me and contacted me.

I see my Ubuntu distro has finger, but it's not like back in the day, when we would put our contact info in the .finger (or however it worked) for the world to see.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2021, 08:33 PM   #30
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I still love Fistr, baby?
It's like "First" but typically speled rong.
Old 16th March 2021, 03:52 AM   #31
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Back in the day, I fingered people on Unix all the time. Heck, the whole reason I started dating my wife is that she fingered me and contacted me.

I see my Ubuntu distro has finger, but it's not like back in the day, when we would put our contact info in the .finger (or however it worked) for the world to see.
It showed your .plan file, and your .project if you had one.
The command is still in Windows and most other OS's, though the daemon is usually disabled.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2021, 05:06 AM   #32
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Good morning. May God bless you, your lovely pillows, and his faithful servant Mike Lindell on this fine day.

https://twitter.com/MeatsNates/statu...11831887151105
Old 16th March 2021, 05:31 AM   #33
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Good morning. May God bless you, your lovely pillows, and his faithful servant Mike Lindell on this fine day.

If people are going to lay on them as requested, who is going to collect the eggs?
Old 16th March 2021, 05:40 AM   #34
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

A 10,000 seat stadium full of gullible idjits, every one having been sold a $100 pillow. That's one million dollars in old math. Less the cost of his sweatshop labour to make them, say $5 each, and he has made a very tidy profit out of them on the day plus made them look insane in TV.

Win/win!
Old 16th March 2021, 05:43 AM   #35
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I have no words, and need to pick my jaw up of the floor.
Old 16th March 2021, 10:14 AM   #36
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Step one: Kneel on and hug your pillow while babbling to god.

Step Two: Hump the flag.

Step Three: ??????
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2021, 10:22 AM   #37
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
It showed your .plan file, and your .project if you had one.
The command is still in Windows and most other OS's, though the daemon is usually disabled.
Thanks. Been a while since I used it.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2021, 11:07 AM   #38
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Step one: Kneel on and hug your pillow while babbling to god.

Step Two: Hump the flag.

Step Three: Storm the Capitol
Puzzle completed for you!
Old 16th March 2021, 11:07 AM   #39
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, this is a deep fake, right?
Old 16th March 2021, 12:02 PM   #40
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Ok, this is a deep fake, right?
no.

Tens of thousands of pillows were given away to concert attendees as a promo. They also set the record for the largest pillow fight, which ended with this prayer.

https://www.swnewsmedia.com/mypillow...43ab24528.html

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories