IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 7th March 2021, 03:13 PM   #1
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
4 Cancer Models and Grape Seed Extract

Skin, Breast, Prostate and Colorectal

All these and now probably more are worked on in cancer research clinics with grape seed extract...Mayo, City of Hope, Sloan Kettering, Univ of Maryland and how many more I don't know

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728696/


Personally I've done 2 mams in my life and NO colonoscopies...

Hope you all have some fun with this topic on cancers.

Last edited by Caroline13; 7th March 2021 at 03:20 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 03:50 PM   #2
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 14,116
Wine is kind of a grape seed extract, isn't it? Takeaway should be to drink a lot of wine, like parking lot wino quantities. Cancer proof and lit up like a Christmas tree. To your health!
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 03:59 PM   #3
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
Wine is made from the Grapes, and I did my share of wines in my life, but choose no alcohol anymore...Drink Up....
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 04:05 PM   #4
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 14,116
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
..Drink Up....
SAY NO MORE, BABY!!!

Seriously, say no more.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 04:10 PM   #5
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Usk, Wales
Posts: 26,560
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Personally I've done 2 mams in my life and NO colonoscopies...
Have you had a 'poo test' to see whether a colonoscopy is indicated? If not, perhaps you should.
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 04:44 PM   #6
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,110
Why do you keep opening new threads and running away from questions people ask in your other threads?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:11 PM   #7
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
The Power is in the SEEDS of the Grape.

https://www.lanzaloe.com/en/blog/el-...as-de-uva.html

Good info on the power of the SEEDS of the Grape.

I've used some oils for cooking and salads but no longer do that.


Mark, I reply where I feel it will be accepted otherwise the members can either take the info I post or leave it. I've told my history on the use of the Grape SEEDS and what else is there...they can do their work if they have an interest, and MOST don't.

And furthermore, if someone here believes this info and wants to take these SEEDS in pulverized form in a capsule, they will as everyone is adult here I believe.

Last edited by Caroline13; 7th March 2021 at 05:26 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:13 PM   #8
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Have you had a 'poo test' to see whether a colonoscopy is indicated? If not, perhaps you should.
No, was close to having one 20 yrs ago and did not, I trust I am FINE.

Positive thinking, positive outcomes..
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:20 PM   #9
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,110
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
The Power is in the SEEDS of the Grape.

https://www.lanzaloe.com/en/blog/el-...as-de-uva.html

Good info on the power of the SEEDS of the Grape.

I've used some oils for cooking and salads but no longer do that.


Mark, I reply where I feel it will be accepted otherwise the members can either take the info I post or leave it. I've told my history on the use of the Grape SEEDS and what else is there...they can do their work if they have an interest, and MOST don't.
We want you to address criticism of your, and I'm being charitable here, arguments.

We would absolutely love for there to be a cheap alternative to expensive medications that works, people would be so happy to know that health was at their fingertips! The problem is we do not just accept your claims because we would like them to be true.

We might like fairies to exist as well, but someone simply announcing that they do is not going to impress anyone but the most gullible. We require evidence, not anecdotes and not assertions.

Quite frankly your posting style is highly offensive. You ignore counter arguments and get pissy when people won't just take your word for your wild claims. What would you do if someone announced to you that they had a dragon in their garage, would you just accept their say so? I doubt you would. In fact, I think you would ask for evidence of this dragon, and would not be satisfied if all they did was repeat the same claim over and over again. I imagine you would be indignant if they started to tell you that you were clearly stupid for not accepting their garage dragon. I imagine that you would find it highly offensive if they continually insisted to you that your lack of belief in dragons was evidence of your stupidity, and accused you of being brainwashed for following the "non-dragon orthodoxy".

So why is any of this behaviour acceptable when you do it?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:27 PM   #10
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian
 
GlennB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Usk, Wales
Posts: 26,560
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
No, was close to having one 20 yrs ago and did not, I trust I am FINE.

Positive thinking, positive outcomes..
Ah, so you seem to be saying that positive thinking will prevent benign polyps from becoming malignant. OK
__________________
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 9/11 truth is a clock with no hands." - Beachnut
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:30 PM   #11
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
Me offensive, so many here have been very offensive to me and attack everything I post, it's me against this whole forum.

I am to the point and no flowery stuff, and that's what I like about putting info out there.

You get with what I use or you don't..bottom line. I do NOT want pharma drugs in my life if I can find alternatives and PREVENTION.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:31 PM   #12
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Ah, so you seem to be saying that positive thinking will prevent benign polyps from becoming malignant. OK
Positive thinking can go a long way.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:34 PM   #13
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
And Mark read the links I post from the science people, I don't make that info up.

And who wants to hear the "C" dx from a doc? Not me. And if there is a supplement that MAY prevent these words, why not, cheap cheap insurance.

And as I believe I mentioned 25 yrs ago at a lecture when Grape Seed Ex was coming into the U.S. from France, the panel of docs and researchers said to t he audience "May Prevent Cancers".... the very main reason I jumped on it at age 57, and the first thing to go was a lifetime of allergy issues...

Last edited by Caroline13; 7th March 2021 at 05:41 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:42 PM   #14
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,110
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Me offensive,
Yes, exceptionally so. You have outright told me that I am either stupid or lying regarding the person I know who died from Covid, to give just one example. Further, your literal mocking refusal to even acknowledge the points people raise against you is highly offensive. You have literally stated that you won't listen to people. I can think of little more offensive, particularly on a sceptics forum, than preaching.
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
so many here have been very offensive to me and attack everything I post,
Because you are telling people that their illness is their own fault. You are victim blaming and preaching, nothing more. You obviously cannot deal with the arguments people are bringing up against you and therefore clearly know on some level that your beliefs are rubbish and you're pushing them anyway.

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
it's me against this whole forum.
If you were to address arguments rather than endlessly preach your rubbish at us, people might treat you with more respect. As it is, you are engendering no respect because you refuse to show any.

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
I am to the point and no flowery stuff, and that's what I like about putting info out there.
But you refuse to answer questions. You are not "to the point" you are metaphorically shouting at people on the street holding a sign. You are no different from street preachers denouncing the world as full of sin and saying the end is nigh.

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
You get with what I use or you don't..bottom line. I do NOT want pharma drugs in my life if I can find alternatives and PREVENTION.
Which is fine, but no one will accept your claims without evidence.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:48 PM   #15
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Yes, exceptionally so. You have outright told me that I am either stupid or lying regarding the person I know who died from Covid, to give just one example. Further, your literal mocking refusal to even acknowledge the points people raise against you is highly offensive. You have literally stated that you won't listen to people. I can think of little more offensive, particularly on a sceptics forum, than preaching.

Because you are telling people that their illness is their own fault. You are victim blaming and preaching, nothing more. You obviously cannot deal with the arguments people are bringing up against you and therefore clearly know on some level that your beliefs are rubbish and you're pushing them anyway.



If you were to address arguments rather than endlessly preach your rubbish at us, people might treat you with more respect. As it is, you are engendering no respect because you refuse to show any.


But you refuse to answer questions. You are not "to the point" you are metaphorically shouting at people on the street holding a sign. You are no different from street preachers denouncing the world as full of sin and saying the end is nigh.



Which is fine, but no one will accept your claims without evidence.
Laugh laugh laugh, evidence...How can that be...do you all want to visit me and view me and see no pharma drugs around my house???? Good Grief.

But if you come Mark, leave your gun at home, none are allowed in my house...

What do you want to hear from me, I love all you, you are all so receptive of me blah blah...just occurred to me that maybe I'm one of the first around this skeptics group or maybe not, I don't know how long it's been around. And yes I could not resist the gun remark as I'm very anti gun. And Mark's avatar is clearly showing a gun, those avatars tell a lot about a person I've learned...they are kinda foreign in my life.

Last edited by Caroline13; 7th March 2021 at 07:03 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:50 PM   #16
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Laugh laugh laugh, evidence...How can that be...do you all want to visit me and view me and see no pharma drugs around my house???? Good Grief.
You seem to be always in an antagonistic mood. Perhaps there's a cocktail of alternative medications you can take for that.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:52 PM   #17
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,110
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Laugh laugh laugh, evidence...How can that be...do you all want to visit me and view me and see no pharma drugs around my house???? Good Grief.
No, not evidence that you don't use medicine, evidence that the stuff you are shilling actually works.

Again, if I claim that I have a dragon in my garage, would you believe me or would you want evidence?

We all believe that you take the multitude of worthless crap you shill, (well, apart from those who think you're a troll) we just don't believe it is efficacious. Show that it works, don't just keep claiming it does.

Deal with people who provide counter arguments, don't just ignore them and make a new thread. Actually stick by your guns and back up your claims.

We have people on this board who diverge from the majority view, but there have been people who did so that gained respect by actually addressing claims and supporting their arguments. People who just insist that they are the smartest person in the room rarely get respect.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:53 PM   #18
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,110
What gun? I'm in the UK. I've never even held a gun, unless you count my airsoft bb guns.

Why do you assume everyone is American?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 05:55 PM   #19
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Laugh laugh laugh, evidence...How can that be...do you all want to visit me and view me and see no pharma drugs around my house???? Good Grief.
In a previous post you said that pharma drugs "saved you" from your thyroid related depressive symptoms and now you're back to ranting against pharma drugs and how you've none around the house? Also, didn't you say you take ibuprofen for arthritis or something?

You're all over the place. Again.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 07:07 PM   #20
Caroline13
Muse
 
Caroline13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: So Calif.
Posts: 557
Oh as usual I'm done here for some time, it's all nonsense from you people and what you are asking for...this thread is about cancer prevention and leave it at that...

You people make my info go all over the place.

I want to bring cancer prevention info and now we're at thryoid, ibuprofen, arthritis and what else I quit.

Last edited by Caroline13; 7th March 2021 at 07:09 PM.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 07:41 PM   #21
p0lka
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: near trees, houses and a lake.
Posts: 2,268
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Skin, Breast, Prostate and Colorectal

All these and now probably more are worked on in cancer research clinics with grape seed extract...Mayo, City of Hope, Sloan Kettering, Univ of Maryland and how many more I don't know

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728696/


Personally I've done 2 mams in my life and NO colonoscopies...

Hope you all have some fun with this topic on cancers.
If you read the notes, which anyone should do with any paper.. this is note 1,

"Published in a supplement to The Journal of Nutrition. Presented at the conference “Grape Health Workshop,” held in San Francisco, CA, December 2–3, 2008. The supplement coordinator for this supplement is John M. Pezzuto, University of Hawaii at Hilo. Publication costs for this supplement were defrayed in part by the payment of page charges. This publication must therefore be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 USC section 1734 solely to indicate this fact. The conference was organized by the National Grape and Wine Initiative (NGWI) (its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of NGWI)"
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th March 2021, 11:42 PM   #22
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,644
By all means don't bother having preventative checks. By all means don't bother getting any treatments that are proven to save lives. I mean, if you close your eyes and wish very hard you might not get cancer.

Closing your eyes and wishing very hard might not be what does it though, so good luck with the whole dying horribly and painfully thing.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 02:09 AM   #23
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 17,264
More spamming of the forum with Caroline's Woo woo BS.
__________________
I want to thank the 126 Republican Congress members for providing a convenient and well organized list for the mid-terms.
- Fred Wellman (Senior VA Advisor to The Lincoln Project)
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 03:51 AM   #24
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,049
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Skin, Breast, Prostate and Colorectal

All these and now probably more are worked on in cancer research clinics with grape seed extract...Mayo, City of Hope, Sloan Kettering, Univ of Maryland and how many more I don't know

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728696/


Personally I've done 2 mams in my life and NO colonoscopies...

Hope you all have some fun with this topic on cancers.
You still haven't answered my multiple questions in multiple threads about why you can't get your age right. It's almost like your pretending, but that can't be right.

Also, this thread you started is bollocks, like every other thread you have started.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 04:50 AM   #25
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 9,232
What's that word for someone repeatedly starting new threads about the same subject (what, grape seeds AGAIN??!) over and over and over, every time without any explanation or discussion, just huffing and running away before the end of page 1. Posts about stuff they apparently sell in their own business. As though they were trying to get free Google hits via our forum.

I'm SURE there's a word for it...it's right on the tip of my tongue...rhymes with scroll...

Darn it, what is it!

Anyway, if it happens again, I will be doing some reporting. Haven't done that in a long time. Would be good to flex that muscle again.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 05:15 AM   #26
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon
 
Foster Zygote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,008
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Personally I've done 2 mams in my life and NO colonoscopies.
And? You need to understand that the lack of examination doesn't mean that you are cancer free. That's like saying, "this old school building is safe for use by the Children's Theater because we've never even checked for asbestos".
__________________
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 05:18 AM   #27
RolandRat
Graduate Poster
 
RolandRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,019
https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/...and-drinks.php

"#2: Fruit Juice (Grape)
Fluoride per Cup 349.1μg (9% AI)
Fluoride per 100g 138μg (3% AI)
Fluoride per 200 Calories 460μg (11% AI)"

Uh oh.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 05:31 AM   #28
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 9,232
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Personally I've done 2 mams in my life and NO colonoscopies...
I've had zero mammograms and one colonoscopy in my life. Turns out I'm pretty healthy too.

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
No, was close to having one 20 yrs ago and did not, I trust I am FINE.

Positive thinking, positive outcomes..
Oh dear. You're not trying to shill The SecretTM as well, are you?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 05:31 AM   #29
Carrot Flower King
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 931
Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
If you read the notes, which anyone should do with any paper.. this is note 1,

"Published in a supplement to The Journal of Nutrition. Presented at the conference “Grape Health Workshop,” held in San Francisco, CA, December 2–3, 2008. The supplement coordinator for this supplement is John M. Pezzuto, University of Hawaii at Hilo. Publication costs for this supplement were defrayed in part by the payment of page charges. This publication must therefore be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 USC section 1734 solely to indicate this fact. The conference was organized by the National Grape and Wine Initiative (NGWI) (its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of NGWI)"
Not only that, but the paper itself (still open in another tab just over there ---->, so I did go look, Caroline) is highly speculative and uses predominantly rodent or in vitro studies, like pretty much everything I've seen purporting to demonstrate that anti-oxidants have anti-carcinogenic properties.

When these things are shown to have some consistent effects in yer actual human tissues it will become really interesting, but rodent and in vitro studies just put it in the large pile of "Mmmmm, must look into that a bit more some time" ideas.

Next?

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 8th March 2021 at 05:32 AM. Reason: ssssss
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 05:40 AM   #30
Carrot Flower King
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 931
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post

You people make my info go all over the place.
No, quite the opposite: several times now I have followed links you gave or done a search based on something you claimed, only to find that the link does not say what you claim or that the search does not produce results that support your claims, even when you mentined specific American hospitals which made a search easier. And then I have pointed this out, including links to specific papers or hospital websites. Other people have done similar things.

It is precisely because we have taken your claims seriously and followed the links or done relevant searches that we now know how much credence to put in your "info".

Not to mention all the ignored requests for sources for this "info" so any one could go and verify what you say (still waiting for the "science" which supports homeopathy, which would make very interesting reading).
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 05:44 AM   #31
Norman Alexander
Philosopher
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 9,232
Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
No, quite the opposite: several times now I have followed links you gave or done a search based on something you claimed, only to find that the link does not say what you claim or that the search does not produce results that support your claims, even when you mentined specific American hospitals which made a search easier. And then I have pointed this out, including links to specific papers or hospital websites. Other people have done similar things.

It is precisely because we have taken your claims seriously and followed the links or done relevant searches that we now know how much credence to put in your "info".

Not to mention all the ignored requests for sources for this "info" so any one could go and verify what you say (still waiting for the "science" which supports homeopathy, which would make very interesting reading).
Indeed. We have even quoted some of the linked articles. Which says we have wasted valuable time and effort reading them.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 06:48 AM   #32
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 92,374
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Positive thinking, positive outcomes..
Only if you believe that thoughts are magic.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 06:50 AM   #33
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 92,374
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Positive thinking can go a long way.
It can help in making decisions, but it won't make your problems go away.

Quote:
Laugh laugh laugh, evidence...How can that be...
See, we've got this little thing called science. Went to the moon, made the smartphone with it.

Quote:
Oh as usual I'm done here for some time,
Translation: "I'm going to run away from the discussion I started, again."
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 06:51 AM   #34
Carrot Flower King
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 931
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
What's that word for someone repeatedly starting new threads about the same subject (what, grape seeds AGAIN??!) over and over and over, every time without any explanation or discussion, just huffing and running away before the end of page 1. Posts about stuff they apparently sell in their own business. As though they were trying to get free Google hits via our forum.

I'm SURE there's a word for it...it's right on the tip of my tongue...rhymes with scroll...

Darn it, what is it!

Anyway, if it happens again, I will be doing some reporting. Haven't done that in a long time. Would be good to flex that muscle again.
There's another word for someone who consistently promotes things which they also sell - rhymes with "pill", IIRC.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 06:54 AM   #35
Carrot Flower King
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 931
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post

Positive thinking, positive outcomes..
And still with the standard alt med/wooster victim blaming...

Can you supply any evidence to support that particular claim? Preferably without any further victim blaming.

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 8th March 2021 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Sperlong
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 07:16 AM   #36
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,644
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Positive thinking can go a long way.
I'm positive that modern medicine cured my cancer.

I'm positive that the specialist doctors and nurses knew what they were doing thanks to their years of training and experience.

I'm positive that if I'd just relied on raising my pH and decalcifying my chakras I'd be dead.

I'm positive that if you got cancer you'd ditch your quackery and beg big pharma for mercy.

Chances are you already have, or have had, cancer without even knowing. I hope you don't get to find out the hard way what happens if it sticks.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 09:10 AM   #37
Butter!
Rough Around the Edges
 
Butter!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Deep Storage
Posts: 7,327
Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Me offensive, so many here have been very offensive to me and attack everything I post, it's me against this whole forum.

I am to the point and no flowery stuff, and that's what I like about putting info out there.

You get with what I use or you don't..bottom line. I do NOT want pharma drugs in my life if I can find alternatives and PREVENTION.
You just spread lies, though. The whole central purpose of this forum is to debunk lies and follow proper evidence. People here don't rip your posts apart because they're not "flowery," but rather because they are full of dangerous, unscientific nonsense.

I expect that your threads about coronavirus misinformation yielded even harsher responses than this type of generic grape-seed woo, and that would be because you're smugly posting lies that have killed people and continue to kill them. That is offensive.
__________________
Get these tribbles off the bridge
Butter! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 09:57 AM   #38
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 28,349
Like many here, I've known a few people who were fit and healthy and took their vitamins and all that, and still got cancer and died. Having a healthy immune system may well help you survive an illness, but it doesn't mean you won't get it.

Caroline, whether or not you are an opponent of numbers, I suggest you look into the fallacy known as "survivor syndrome." Your anecdotal report that you don't have any of these diseases is epidemiologically worthless. That you're one of the great majority who don't get those diseases is an observation of no value. What's important is the circumstances of those who do. Your crowing about your wonderful health, even it if is entirely true, has no more merit than that of the person refusing to wear seat belts because he hasn't died yet.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 10:02 AM   #39
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 14,116
Contrariwise, my father is 79 and lived on mostly cigarettes and alcohol, with other drugs for flavor, and is still kicking around cancer free. Data trumps anecdotes, as always.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2021, 10:02 AM   #40
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 6,448
Caroline, Norman Alexander and I both promise not to bring any guns to your house.

Can we bring our tomahawks?
__________________
If you would learn a man's character, give him authority.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.