IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Closed Thread
Old 24th November 2020, 03:12 AM   #1
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Allegations of Fraud in 2020 US Election Part II

Mod Info Continuation thread from: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=347832
Posted By:Darat
Old 24th November 2020, 07:35 AM   #2
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Attorney heading up Trump campaign's Wisconsin recount effort is seeking to throw out his own vote:
Quote:
The attorney leading President Donald Trump’s recount effort in Wisconsin voted illegally according to his own legal argument that in-person absentee ballots should be thrown out. So did his wife.

Jim Troupis, a former Dane County judge and Cross Plains attorney who is representing the Trump campaign, would not answer questions about why he and his wife voted that way.

Troupis and his wife voted early using the state's in-person absentee option — one of a group of voters whose ballots the Trump campaign has asked election officials to deem illegal.

I have no words.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 08:25 AM   #3
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Add to that the board that wouldn’t certify their results even though Trump won in their county and you really begin to understand these folks. I think they missed the “don’t” in
"Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face" .
Old 24th November 2020, 09:03 AM   #4
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Add to that the board that wouldn’t certify their results even though Trump won in their county and you really begin to understand these folks. I think they missed the “don’t” in
"Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face" .
Well, that is part of Trump's effort to delay the certification at the State level (in PA) until a miracle happens. Given Rudy's success in the courts till now, it probably won't work. But there is a (perverse and disgusting) rationale there.

ETA: no miracle occurred: "Today @PAStateDept certified the results of the November 3 election in Pennsylvania for president and vice president of the United States. As required by federal law, I’ve signed the Certificate of Ascertainment for the slate of electors for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris."

https://twitter.com/GovernorTomWolf/...63684681867266

Last edited by Firestone; 24th November 2020 at 09:16 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 10:02 AM   #5
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I have not been following the Trump threads but surely someone must have posted this by now?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 24th November 2020, 10:08 AM   #6
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Trump is reportedly worried that his lawyers are "fools" and are "making him look bad"
Old 24th November 2020, 10:10 AM   #7
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
His lawyers are fools.

But as for making Trump look bad, that ship had already sailed.
Old 24th November 2020, 10:43 AM   #8
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by smartcooky
[Trump fires people after they resign] ...Because he cannot bear the idea that anyone else is in control, or that he is not the centre of attention!
It happens again and again.
And yet the true believers never see this trait of his. Or do they see it and admire him for it?

With faith like that, the Always-Trumpets are going to make the next several years long and tiring.
Old 24th November 2020, 10:48 AM   #9
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Facts about Dominion voting machines and tabulators.

Not all counties used Dominion voting machines.

The 14 Wisconsin counties that did use Dominion machines Donald Trump won.

Dominion voting machines use electronic touchpads that tabulate and create a printed ballot. The ballots allow the machines to be audited and vice versa.

Georgia which used Dominion voting machines completed a manual recount and audit and it confirmed the first count.
Old 24th November 2020, 10:49 AM   #10
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Quick question

Are we going to use this thread or start a new thread for the pool for when Trump will announce that his special teams of investigators are looking at shocking evidence in several states.

I’m thinking Friday, January 8.

Then again, between his general impatience and his ire at Biden repeatedly being the lead story in the coming weeks, it might happen before Christmas.
Old 24th November 2020, 10:57 AM   #11
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

When he's right, he's right.

Although, I think it would be more accurate to say that they are "making him look worse", which was not easy.
Old 24th November 2020, 10:58 AM   #12
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
His lawyers are fools.

But as for making Trump look bad, that ship had already sailed.
Nobody is quite as good at making Trump look bad as Trump. But Rudy and Powell came very close.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 11:03 AM   #13
Dragon
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
I have not been following the Trump threads but surely someone must have posted this by now?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I did think of this in reference to a certain Trump-supporting poster...
Old 24th November 2020, 01:51 PM   #14
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Leather and Lace?

Or was that Trump and Stormy?
Trump in leather? I don't think I want to see that.
Who says Trump got the leather?
Old 24th November 2020, 03:33 PM   #15
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Quick question

Are we going to use this thread or start a new thread for the pool for when Trump will announce that his special teams of investigators are looking at shocking evidence in several states.

I’m thinking Friday, January 8.

Then again, between his general impatience and his ire at Biden repeatedly being the lead story in the coming weeks, it might happen before Christmas.
Maybe he could have another million maga march on the day of the inauguration.

This time they could be chanting "Release the other Kraken! Release the other Kraken! And make it a better Kraken this time"
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 03:36 PM   #16
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

The intervenors in the federal appeals case have responded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_iG...iE1O7OBkU/view

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost

Last edited by jsfisher; 24th November 2020 at 03:45 PM.
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 03:37 PM   #17
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Robin View Post

This time they could be chanting "Release the other Kraken! Release the other Kraken! And make it a better Kraken this time"
Or better still:

:SCREW THE KRAKEN: RELEASE CTHULUHU!"

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 03:53 PM   #18
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
The intervenors in the federal appeals case have responded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_iG...iE1O7OBkU/view

Somewhere in that document there is a footnote where they call out Trump's team for LYING about the votes that came without an inner security envelope.

First, they point out that they misrepresent the SoS instruction on how to deal with them, which was, in fact, to not count them.

Second, they imply that that they were actually counted, even though there is no evidence they were.

To summarize: the SoS told the counties to throw out ballots that came without inner security envelopes. All indications are they did. But Rudy put it in their complaint that the counties did not disregard those ballots but should have. It's completely made up.

But then again, the President's lawyers, ladies and gentlemen....
Old 24th November 2020, 07:16 PM   #19
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
If you throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick.
But not always apparently.
Old 24th November 2020, 08:18 PM   #20
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

I'm guessing he was told that by the lawyers that withdrew from the case, but who's counting?

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 11:16 PM   #21
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

He is doing a damn good job of that on hi\s own without any help...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 05:12 AM   #22
Mongrel
Begging for Scraps

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Quick question

Well, Sidney Powell is picking up the reins from Orly TaitzWP so he's off to a good start.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” - Charles Darwin

...like so many contemporary philosophers he especially enjoyed giving helpful advice to people who were happier than he was. - Tom Lehrer
Mongrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:08 AM   #23
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Watch out Rudy, there's a bus a comin' !
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:17 AM   #24
Bubba
Philosopher

Antifa guy Eric Coomer Explains How To Alter Votes In The Dominion Voting System

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtB3tLaXLJE
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:20 AM   #25
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Antifa guy Eric Coomer Explains How To Alter Votes In The Dominion Voting System

too bad Rudy or Sidney never presented this in Court.

Now it's way too late.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:25 AM   #26
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
by Robin

Wrong. Be patient. "The Kraken" has yet to be released.

Powell starts with Georgia today or tomorrow

Quote:
"We have conclusive evidence Dominion software stole the election. It is a massive lawsuit. I'm confident Trump will prevail"

- Sidney Powell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpT2Rz4rTWM
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:26 AM   #27
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
too bad Rudy or Sidney never presented this in Court.

Now it's way too late.

Really?? You're certain of this??
Old 25th November 2020, 11:28 AM   #28
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

The video you presented has been up since 2017. The accusations against Cooper have been around long enough for Snopes to have a page on the accusations against the guy.

Of course, the method shown would be countered with any recount, and Trump lost via the mail-in ballots of people who respect the dangers of a pandemic.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:31 AM   #29
slyjoe
Master Poster

Who is Powell's client?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:44 AM   #30
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
The video you presented has been up since 2017. The accusations against Cooper have been around long enough for Snopes to have a page on the accusations against the guy.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Maybe next Bubba will post a video of a gangster robbing a bank with a tommy gun, from 1939.

"Watch out Copper, I'll fill ya full of lead, see!!"
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:48 AM   #31
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

completely.

But don't worry, you'll find something else to put all your hopes upon in a day or two.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:56 AM   #32
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
completely.

But don't worry, you'll find something else to put all your hopes upon in a day or two.
Certain as 306 - 232.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 11:57 AM   #33
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Except of course Eric Coomer is not explaining "How To Alter Votes In The Dominion Voting System", he's explaining how to ascertain the voter's intended selection when they haven't made that selection 100% clear.

It is in fact, impossible to alter votes in the Dominion Voting System in any way that cannot be detected in the hand count. The voter uses the machine to print a printed ballot, which the voter checks for correctness before handing it to the poll worker. It is that printed ballot which is hand counted for the results in each district, and subsequent state to be certified.

If a voter votes for Trump and then the machine switches the vote to Biden before the ballot is printed, the voter would notice this on the ballot paper when they check it.

If a voter votes for Trump and then the machine switches the vote to Biden after the ballot is printed, the totals of the hand counted ballots would not match the electronic vote tally.

There's a good explanation of this process, and of how vote switching is impossible, in this Fox News interview with Michael Steele, spokesperson for Dominion Voting Machines.

I AGREE
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 25th November 2020 at 11:59 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 12:19 PM   #34
eerok
Quixoticist

Is this the one where she accuses the Republican SOS and the Republican governor of fixing the election for Biden? Should be good for a laugh.
Old 25th November 2020, 12:26 PM   #35
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Is this the one where she accuses the Republican SOS and the Republican governor of fixing the election for Biden? Should be good for a laugh.
Yes. Then she's gonna charge them and have Andy and Barn come down from Mayberry to arrest them.
Old 25th November 2020, 12:37 PM   #36
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Yes. Then she's gonna charge them and have Andy and Barn come down from Mayberry to arrest them.

** whistles ** [Theme from the Andy Griffith Show]
Old 25th November 2020, 01:01 PM   #37
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

Of course, the method shown would be countered with any recount, and Trump lost via the mail-in ballots of people who respect the dangers of a pandemic.
Here's the Snopes link and their conclusion. Their finding: unconfirmed. Basically, no evidence other than Otlmann's say so and his word is simply not credible. He failed go provide his alleged affidavit when requested to do so.

Quote:
In mid-November, Oltmann published what appeared to be several screenshots from the Facebook account of an individual named Eric Coomer. We found an account whose profile picture matched that of the account apparently featured in the screenshots, but we have not yet been able to verify that it is owned by Eric Coomer from Dominion.

Snopes asked Oltmann for any and all relevant screenshots, archived links and URLs relating to what he presented as Coomer’s past pronouncements on Facebook, and in particular any concrete evidence demonstrating that the Facebook account did indeed belong to Eric Coomer from Dominion.

In response, Oltmann told Snopes he had “over 200 pictures and screenshots,” though he didn’t specify whether they constituted the proof we had requested. Oltmann expressed reluctance about providing them to Snopes, and ultimately did not do so in time for publication. If we receive substantive additional evidence, we will update this article accordingly.

Since we haven’t yet been able to verify the authenticity of the screenshots, or confirm that they were actually posted by Eric Coomer from Dominion, we’re not linking to them in this article. They included a post that contained a purported statement by “Antifa,” but no clear sign that the poster endorsed the statement; a vehemently anti-Trump post from July 2016; a post dismissive of Trump supporters in Texas; posts of YouTube videos for songs whose titles or lyrics expressed antipathy towards police; and a post that strongly criticized a controversial “election integrity” commission set up by Trump to investigate his own unfounded claims of widespread electoral fraud in the 2016 elections.

To reiterate, we don’t know whether Eric Coomer from Dominion created the posts shown in the screenshots Oltmann published. However, even if he did, they would not constitute proof of any impropriety on his part, and certainly would not point towards any election interference on his part. They do indicate that whoever created them is strongly critical of Trump and some of his followers. It might be inadvisable for an employee of an election technology company to articulate those views on social media, but the posts are not, in and of themselves, proof of improper actions.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/er...ominion-trump/
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 05:30 PM   #38
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Wrong. Be patient. "The Kraken" has yet to be released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpT2Rz4rTWM
Bubba, I'm starting to get the feeling this Powell woman ain't all she's krakened up to be.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 05:32 PM   #39
trustbutverify
Philosopher

He is sharp, this Trump guy.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 05:33 PM   #40
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Bubba, I'm starting to get the feeling this Powell woman ain't all she's krakened up to be.
Who is Powell's client?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics