IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:04 PM   #1
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Okay Trumpublicans, it's time to put up or shut up.

Congratulations, Trump is finally sworn in as President. It's been a tumultuous year leading up to this, but you've finally gotten what you've been saying you wanted for the last 8 years: Republicans control the Presidency, both houses of Congress, and will in short order control the Supreme Court as well.

There's literally no one who can stop you from carrying out any legislative agenda that you want.

You've spent 8 years declaring everything and everyone a "disaster". Obama was a disaster, The Iran nuclear deal is a disaster, NAFTA and other trade programs are a disaster, foreign relations are a disaster, Hillary Clinton was a disaster, the ACA is a disaster. And you've spent the months since the election rubbing everyone else's noses in how big a win you got, and how Trump is going to Make America Great Again.

Okay, fine, you won, you deserved a bit of gloating.

But now it's time to do the work.

You've been claiming for years to know the secret to how to run the US, and the rest of the world, such that it won't be a "disaster". Well, now it's time to stop with the gloating, and put your money where you mouth is. You can't blame Obama, or Hillary, or the Democrats, or the libtards, or any else, any more, because you've won it all. Success or failure now falls entirely on you, your elected officials, and your philosophy.

So, like I said: it's time to put up or shut up.

The rest of us will be watching.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:17 PM   #2
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

The Democrats are still blaming Bush. Why can't we continue to blame Obama? Obama sure made a mess of things.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:19 PM   #3
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 View Post
The Democrats are still blaming Bush. Why can't we continue to blame Obama? Obama sure made a mess of things.
Blaming him for what, exactly?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:21 PM   #4
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Wrong.

You can blame him for how things are now, but Trump can change everything from day 1, as he said.
If he doesn't change things for the better, that's on him and the GOP.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:23 PM   #5
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Sorry, Trump said he would Make America Great. He's already picked out his 2020 slogan "Keep America Great".

So no excuses. You've got the House and Senate. Let's have at it. I expect some results.

What's first? I believe Trump promised a new trade agreement with the UK in a couple weeks. We'll give them the weekend off. I expect to see something signed, sealed and delivered by February 6th.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:25 PM   #6
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Two things that come to mind are:

Forcing Obama to pull US troops out of Iraq.

Causing the rise of ISIS.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:27 PM   #7
Spindrift

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

Well if the shoe fits.

Are you denying that Bush didn't sign the agreement that forced the US to pull out?
And if Bush hadn't decided he needed a war just like daddy, that ISIS wouldn't have arisen.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:28 PM   #8
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post

Well, the first one WAS Bush's fault, as you well ignore know.

The SOFA was signed by Bush, and agreed to by Iraq. So you're wrong there. MASSIVE shock. Sad!

The rise of ISIS naturally followed. Or do you think if ISIS packs its bags and quits, another won't follow in its footsteps?

you sure don't disappoint.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:39 PM   #9
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Because blaming people who aren't in office any more won't "Make America Great Again". Because you're supposed to be better than that "disaster" Obama. Because you've been saying for years that you could do a better job, and went out an won an election so you could have the chance to do that.

That's why.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:40 PM   #10
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Love to see sore winners making excuses on day one of Trump.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:46 PM   #11
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Because blaming people who aren't in office any more won't "Make America Great Again". Because you're supposed to be better than that "disaster" Obama. Because you've been saying for years that you could do a better job, and went out an won an election so you could have the chance to do that.

That's why.
Blaming Bush was not what made Obama a disaster as President. Blaming Bush just made him a jackass.
sunmaster14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:47 PM   #12
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Love to see sore winners making excuses on day one of Trump.
Well, I'm not sore anymore. Thankfully, my schadenboner subsided a long time ago.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:47 PM   #13
Spindrift

Blaming Bush was not what made Obama a disaster as President. Blaming Bush just made him a jackass.
Hopefully Trump won't make the same mistake by blaming Obama.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:48 PM   #14
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

The debt, for example.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:49 PM   #15
Denver
Penultimate Amazing

...So, like I said: it's time to put up or shut up.

He promised to Make America Great Again.
And people believed him.

And in four years, he will say he Made America Great Again.
And people will believe him.

Q.E.D.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:52 PM   #16
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

When are we going to see the more reasonable, more moderate, more presidential Trump the Trumptes have been promising forever?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:53 PM   #17
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Denver View Post
He promised to Make America Great Again.
And people believed him.

And in four years, he will say he Made America Great Again.
And people will believe him.

Q.E.D.
One of the worst things happening in the wake of Trump's election is people giving up on Democracy.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 01:54 PM   #18
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
When are we going to see the more reasonable, more moderate, more presidential Trump the Trumptes have been promising forever?
You're the one who seriously thought Trump would start a nuclear war. And you compared him to Hitler many times. I think we'll see Trump act more reasonably and moderately than that.
Old 20th January 2017, 01:55 PM   #19
sunmaster14
Penultimate Amazing

One of the worst things happening in the wake of Trump's election is people giving up on Democracy.
More hyperbole. Why am I not surprised?
Old 20th January 2017, 02:03 PM   #20
Giz
Philosopher

That, and Brexit across the pond, certainly seemed to cause some folks to give up on "one man, one vote". Did you see the thread on plural voting?
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 02:03 PM   #21
NoahFence
Banned

You're the one who seriously thought Trump would start a nuclear war. And you compared him to Hitler many times. I think we'll see Trump act more reasonably and moderately than that.
He very well may.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:12 PM   #22
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Giz View Post
That, and Brexit across the pond, certainly seemed to cause some folks to give up on "one man, one vote". Did you see the thread on plural voting?
Or how about, in the US, just eliminating the electorial College?

Robert Heinlein.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:18 PM   #23
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

But that's not the issue. Blaming Bush may not have caused the "disaster", but it also clearly didn't "Make America Great Again", and neither will blaming Obama. The Trumpublicans knew what the State of the Union was all through the election, and despite that, still asserted that a vote for Trump would "Make America Great Again". So you can't use "Obama was a disaster" as an excuse for not MAGAing.

Again, you got what you wanted, now show us the money.

More hyperbole. Why am I not surprised?

Clearly there's very little of both shutting up and putting up to be had so far.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:37 PM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I also wonder how our Trumpites think about his scrapping NATO and his continued worship of Vladimar Putin.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:43 PM   #25
sir drinks-a-lot
Illuminator

Boy, this place has really come a long way.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:47 PM   #26
Ron_Tomkins
Satan's Helper

...So, like I said: it's time to put up or shut up.

Not me. I won't be holding my breath, nor watching, as I know exactly how it all turns out: Things end up getting ********** real bad, and the people responsible for it, still decide to blame the Democrats. I've learned very quickly that when it comes with obtuse idiots, all logic is thrown out the window.

Carl Sagan
Ron_Tomkins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 02:50 PM   #27
Toontown
Philosopher

I also wonder how our Trumpites think about his scrapping NATO and his continued worship of Vladimar Putin.
You needn't have asked. They think that's great.
Old 20th January 2017, 03:07 PM   #28
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Obama didn't blame Bush. He simply completed the process Bush started, getting the US out of Iraq because that's what the American people wanted. If anything, by continuing Bush's program he was crediting him, not blaming him.

As we all know, had Obama stopped the withdrawal and continued an occupation which had already lasted five years and was never meant to happen at all, people like you would be blaming him for not getting out of Iraq.

Getting into an occupation of Iraq in the first place was unquestionably the Bush Administration's fault. That's what saw the creation and rise of ISIS.

Blaming the Bush Administration for the financial boom-and-bust of the 2000's is something Obama was quite entitled to do, of course. One dreads to think how horribly Trump would have mis-handled the situation in 2009.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 03:09 PM   #29
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

It's called realpolitik these days and is regarded as sophisticated.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 03:13 PM   #30
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

As I understand it the Trump Plan for ISIS should reveal itself very quickly.

Old 20th January 2017, 03:13 PM   #31
Toontown
Philosopher

Well, if this thread is any indication, it doesn't look good.

I count one Obama-blamer, zero putter-uppers, and zero shutter-uppers .
Old 20th January 2017, 03:15 PM   #32
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Or how about, in the US, just eliminating the electorial College?
"You red states voted stupid! You are what's wrong with this country! Sign on to this constitutional amendment to strip power from yourselves so you can't vote stupid again and will lose to us next time, like you shamefacedly should!"

Good luck with that.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 03:15 PM   #33
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Again, you got what you wanted, now show us the money.
A little patience is called for.

Old 20th January 2017, 03:16 PM   #34
Shiner
Motor Mouth

To quote a popular meme .....

This is what is wrong with this forum.
Shiner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 03:17 PM   #35
applecorped
Banned

you sure don't disappoint.
Neither do you congrats
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 03:28 PM   #36
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

When the Democrats were blaming Bush, did you think it was a good and right thing to do then? Most conservatives thought it a bad thing. Now it's good again?

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2017, 03:36 PM   #37
Toontown
Philosopher

There is no absolute good or bad in the political mind. It all depends on motive.
Old 20th January 2017, 03:37 PM   #38
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently "From this day forward ... America will start winning again winning like never before".

That should show up pretty quickly.

Old 20th January 2017, 03:38 PM   #39
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Apparently "From this day forward ... America will start winning again winning like never before".

That should show up pretty quickly.
But not too quickly. It's Friday. Presidentin' doesn't start until Monday, right?
Old 20th January 2017, 03:43 PM   #40
mgidm86
Philosopher

Congratulations, Trump is finally sworn in as President. It's been a tumultuous year leading up to this, but you've finally gotten what you've been saying you wanted for the last 8 years: Republicans control the Presidency, both houses of Congress, and will in short order control the Supreme Court as well.

There's literally no one who can stop you from carrying out any legislative agenda that you want.

You've spent 8 years declaring everything and everyone a "disaster". Obama was a disaster, The Iran nuclear deal is a disaster, NAFTA and other trade programs are a disaster, foreign relations are a disaster, Hillary Clinton was a disaster, the ACA is a disaster. And you've spent the months since the election rubbing everyone else's noses in how big a win you got, and how Trump is going to Make America Great Again.

Okay, fine, you won, you deserved a bit of gloating.

But now it's time to do the work.

You've been claiming for years to know the secret to how to run the US, and the rest of the world, such that it won't be a "disaster". Well, now it's time to stop with the gloating, and put your money where you mouth is. You can't blame Obama, or Hillary, or the Democrats, or the libtards, or any else, any more, because you've won it all. Success or failure now falls entirely on you, your elected officials, and your philosophy.

So, like I said: it's time to put up or shut up.

Obama had the same thing. We ended up with Trump.

I don't see anyone rubbing noses here. We don't need to, you won't stop crying. You said put up or shut up - the left didn't put up, so...

I don't gloat and I'm not exactly thrilled, but I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully the temper tantrum threads and posts will start to slow down here.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics