ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , J. Leroy Hulsey , wtc 7

Old 18th October 2019, 12:58 AM   #3081
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
Awesome, thanks!

It's broken. It's in the original ZIP file format, which doesn't support the zip file being larger than 4 GB, nor does it support containing files larger than 4 GB, and this zip file has both. There is an extension called Zip64 which supports both things, but this zip file isn't using it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_(file_format)#ZIP64

Some decompression tools might ignore the size fields in the headers and succeed in generating the files, not sure.
I used 7z which, in contrast to Windows Explorer, succeeded in unzipping the file. I got 1 error warning early on, which I didn't understand and thus duly ignored:
Old 18th October 2019, 05:59 AM   #3082
AsbjornAndersen
Scholar

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
All the needling frustrations resulting from providing the data as one humongous hundreds of Gigs ZIP file.
This HAS to be way to ensure as few people as possible will ever see the data. From what I gather, it takes nearly 1 TB of free space to download unzip it? Insane...
AsbjornAndersen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2019, 01:56 PM   #3084
MileHighMadness
Muse

Originally Posted by benthamitemetric View Post
No surprise...as suspected, this is all another big con and lie from Gage and AE911Truth. Energize your base, and get the donations flowing. I wonder if Hulsey got any money out of this...for his retirement account.
Old 18th October 2019, 08:47 PM   #3085
ozeco41
Philosopher

At last definite proof of what we had long suspected. Hulsey the puppet. Szamboti pulling the strings. And if that is not bad enough at least one of the students also ethically compromised. Which could be more serious given his age. Hulsey is past his "use by date" but a pity to retire with this blot on his record. Let's hope he considers it a worthwhile price to pay.

And a sad reflection of current AE911 focus only on their CD obsessed followers - zero regard for honest rational and competent researchers. Such disdain that they dont even attempt to hide their tracks. And a final nail in the coffin of any last remnant of professional ethical credibility for T Szamboti.
Proof of graphics manipulated for the same audience of dedicated followers and utter disdain for anyone serious.

Last edited by ozeco41; 18th October 2019 at 08:50 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2019, 10:39 PM   #3086
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I used 7z which, in contrast to Windows Explorer, succeeded in unzipping the file. I got 1 error warning early on, which I didn't understand and thus duly ignored:
7z didn't work for me. I must have a different version.

One problematic file (>4GB compressed) is:

UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Door/Temp/test16_3.odb

It's 13 GB compressed and 32 GB uncompressed. Do you have this file? If so, what size is it?
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2019, 04:05 AM   #3087
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

7z didn't work for me. I must have a different version.
My version is 19.00 (x64) dated 2019-02-21

One problematic file (>4GB compressed) is:

UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Door/Temp/test16_3.odb

It's 13 GB compressed and 32 GB uncompressed. Do you have this file? If so, what size is it?
Yes, I have it, at 31,412,224 KB
Old 19th October 2019, 01:48 PM   #3088
pgimeno
Illuminator

I've managed to repair the zip.

It's available via Torrent:

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim...ED.zip.torrent

Also via ed2k and Kad (eMule, aMule, eDonkey2000, Adunanza, etc.):

Code:
ed2k://|file|UAF.WTC.7.Files.REPAIRED.zip|255870284936|AA4F42B2048AA1EAFFC490951E13EC36|/

Last edited by pgimeno; 19th October 2019 at 01:50 PM.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2019, 02:09 PM   #3089
ozeco41
Philosopher

I've managed to repair the zip.

It's available via Torrent:

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim...ED.zip.torrent
Thanks - now I will make sure that my Torrent downloader has a big enough slice of storage. It will be interesting to see if there are many torrent using clients to help with the process.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2019, 03:08 PM   #3090
pgimeno
Illuminator

File list with the full contents here:

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim...F-filelist.txt

Same listing but with file details (including uncompressed sizes and CRC32):

http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim...iledetails.txt

Sorting by CRC reveals that there are tons of duplicate files. For example, all of these 7MB files are equal:

Code:
UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Mid_Right/Temp/test5_333.prt
UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Mid_Right/Temp/test5_3333.prt
UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Mid_Right/Temp/test5_3333333.prt
UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Mid_Right/Temp/test5_33333333.prt
UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Mid_Right/Temp/test5_333333.prt
UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Mid_Right/Temp/test5_33333.prt
UAF WTC 7 Files/ABAQUS_Mid_Right/Temp/test5_3_9.prt
Edit: List sorted by original file size and CRC, here: http://www.formauri.es/personal/pgim...y-size-crc.txt

There are two big .GHO files that seem to come from a backup utility called GHOST: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_(disk_utility). Is there anyone here who can open these and list their contents?

Last edited by pgimeno; 20th October 2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 21st October 2019, 06:08 AM   #3091
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
There are two big .GHO files that seem to come from a backup utility called GHOST: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_(disk_utility). Is there anyone here who can open these and list their contents?
I worked with ghost in the past, and might still have a copy somewhere (although I can't make any promises).

What file extension/file type is on those two files? There ma be other options to read them.
Old 21st October 2019, 10:53 AM   #3092
pgimeno
Illuminator

The file is now uploaded to archive.org and can be downloaded from:

https://archive.org/details/uaf.wtc.7.files.repaired

The contents of the zip file can be viewed, and each file downloaded separately, from here:

https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc....REPAIRED.zip/

For example, one file that Mick West has brought attention to in Metabunk is this file: https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc...sentation.pptx

Unfortunately, that interface doesn't, to my knowledge, support downloading subfolders contained in the zip.

EDIT: For those who don't know, OpenOffice/LibreOffice/MSOffice files (e.g. .pptx, .docx, etc.) are actually renamed ZIP files which contain the assets used, therefore extracting said assets should be easy, in case someone needs to do that (just rename to .zip and open). The above file in particular contains the "videos" in .gif format, inside folder ppt/media/

Last edited by pgimeno; 21st October 2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 21st October 2019, 10:58 AM   #3093
pgimeno
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
I worked with ghost in the past, and might still have a copy somewhere (although I can't make any promises).

What file extension/file type is on those two files? There ma be other options to read them.
The extension is .GHO; the files are these two:

Code:
3941819269  2015-01-02 21:51   UAF WTC 7 Files/WIN7EN20150103.GHO
17933581058  2015-01-08 22:34   UAF WTC 7 Files/WIN7EN_Equipped_01092015.GHO
As you see, one is 3.9 GB long and the other is 17.9 GB long.

You can now access them here:

https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc...EN20150103.GHO
https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc...d_01092015.GHO
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:06 AM   #3094
Mark F
Graduate Poster

No surprise. I've been saying since about the day after the report came out that Tony ghost wrote it. All that stuff about the East Mechanical Penthouse is Tony's personal fetish.
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:02 PM   #3095
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
No surprise. I've been saying since about the day after the report came out that Tony ghost wrote it. All that stuff about the East Mechanical Penthouse is Tony's personal fetish.
Not sure I mentioned it here before: The sole argument that Hulsey raises against the ARUP (Nordenson) collapse initiation hypothesis (pages 86 to 89) has been pretty much copy&pasted from work Tony Szamboti first presented at Metabunk in early 2016 - but without proper citations or reference. Figure 3.15 and the calculations on pages 87ff are Tony's, including values like "0.51693 hz" in all its 5-relevant-digits glory.

Compare Tony Szamboti on Metabunk on Jan 22 2016
Originally Posted by TSz
The weight of the beams and girder is just over 20,000 lbs., so mass = 20,000/32.174 = 622 slugs so

K = (0.52 * 6.28)^2 * 622 = 6,633 lbs./inch
...with Hulsey Draft on Sep 03 2019, page 88:
Originally Posted by Hulsey Draft
The weight of the beam and girder assembly is approximately 20,000 lbs., so mass (m) = 20,000/32.174 = 622 slugs.
The stiffness (K) of the falling beam and girder assembly can then be found
K = (0.52 * 6.28)2 * 622 = 6,633 lbs./inch
Old 22nd October 2019, 01:25 PM   #3096
bknight
Graduate Poster

Not sure I mentioned it here before: The sole argument that Hulsey raises against the ARUP (Nordenson) collapse initiation hypothesis (pages 86 to 89) has been pretty much copy&pasted from work Tony Szamboti first presented at Metabunk in early 2016 - but without proper citations or reference. Figure 3.15 and the calculations on pages 87ff are Tony's, including values like "0.51693 hz" in all its 5-relevant-digits glory.

Compare Tony Szamboti on Metabunk on Jan 22 2016

...with Hulsey Draft on Sep 03 2019, page 88:
Not being an architectural type what is (.52 * 6.28)^2? The square and multiplication, I get.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2019, 04:27 PM   #3097
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Not being an architectural type what is (.52 * 6.28)^2? The square and multiplication, I get.
That's not a serious question, or is it??
It doesn't matter what this "is". The point is that Hulsey's terms and numbers and argument are identical to one Tony Szamboti posted almost 4 years ago on a skeptic forum. Which means that Hulsey copied it from Szamboti - but without credit. Using other people's uncredited material is generally a no-no in academia (political careers have been killed by revelations of plagiarism), but the fact that Hulsey used over more than 3 pages of his report uncredited material by a representative of his sponsor is doubly unethical.

(If you must know: "0.52" is the numerical value, in Hz, of the natural mode 2 frequency in the vertical direction of a particular piece of floor subassembly that would crash from floor 13 onto floor 12 in ARUP's Nordenson's collapse initiation sequence; "6.28" is 2*pi - rounded to 3 significant digits. Are you any wiser now?)
Old 23rd October 2019, 06:20 AM   #3098
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

The extension is .GHO; the files are these two:

Code:
3941819269  2015-01-02 21:51   UAF WTC 7 Files/WIN7EN20150103.GHO
17933581058  2015-01-08 22:34   UAF WTC 7 Files/WIN7EN_Equipped_01092015.GHO
As you see, one is 3.9 GB long and the other is 17.9 GB long.

You can now access them here:

https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc...EN20150103.GHO
https://archive.org/download/uaf.wtc...d_01092015.GHO
Odd. A .GHO file is a full device image...usually a hard drive. An odd thing to include in something like this. If you find anyone that has the Symantec Ghost Solution Suite, there's a "portable" GHO viewer in that called Ghost Explorer that will let you open and view those files. If anyone has the software, they should be able to get you a copy of that exe file. I did find some places that offer Ghost Explorer for free download, but I wouldn't trust them without looking into them more.

I did find my old copy, but it's old enough that it won't be compatible with anything recent (~2006). Sorry!
Old 23rd October 2019, 07:33 AM   #3099
pgimeno
Illuminator

If anyone has the software, they should be able to get you a copy of that exe file.
Unfortunately I can't do much with an exe file. I was hoping for something like a list of contents or at least a description of what seems to be contained there. I suspect it's not relevant to the report, I just wanted to be sure.

I did find my old copy, but it's old enough that it won't be compatible with anything recent (~2006). Sorry!
No problem, thanks anyway!
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:58 AM   #3100
MileHighMadness
Muse

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
Why should Tony waste his valuable time on requests that lack in sincerity?
I will give Tony credit, he is a true believer. To quote one of his emails to me.

you are supporting something anyone with a neuron of brain activity can figure out. That is that those building collapses were controlled demolitions.

Tony Szamboti
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:27 AM   #3101
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Why should Tony waste his valuable time on requests that lack in sincerity?
Because he's a bit loopy and has invested too much ego in this business to just let it go?

Back to the thread ... it's almost as if they don't want people to look into the detail, eh?

My hat is off to you guys for digging this deep.
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:03 PM   #3102
bknight
Graduate Poster

It doesn't matter what this "is". The point is that Hulsey's terms and numbers and argument are identical to one Tony Szamboti posted almost 4 years ago on a skeptic forum. Which means that Hulsey copied it from Szamboti - but without credit. Using other people's uncredited material is generally a no-no in academia (political careers have been killed by revelations of plagiarism), but the fact that Hulsey used over more than 3 pages of his report uncredited material by a representative of his sponsor is doubly unethical.

(If you must know: "0.52" is the numerical value, in Hz, of the natural mode 2 frequency in the vertical direction of a particular piece of floor subassembly that would crash from floor 13 onto floor 12 in ARUP's Nordenson's collapse initiation sequence; "6.28" is 2*pi - rounded to 3 significant digits. Are you any wiser now?)
Yes that is unethical, but I never opened anything to see credits. Yes I'm a wee bit more knowledgeable. Thanks
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2019, 01:00 PM   #3103
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Unfortunately I can't do much with an exe file. I was hoping for something like a list of contents or at least a description of what seems to be contained there. I suspect it's not relevant to the report, I just wanted to be sure.
No, i meant that if anyone has a copy of Ghost, they can provide you with Ghost Explorer.exe. That's a portable part of the suite that can be run on a Windows system to open and explore .GHO files. So anyone with a current copy of host can get you the Ghost Explorer bit.

Quote:
No problem, thanks anyway!
Yeah, just guessing on the year, but mine is still Norton Ghost rather than Symantec Ghost.
Old 24th October 2019, 06:37 AM   #3104
JSanderO
Master Poster

I read an email that Gage is sending his Hulsey report to engineering schools in the US and encourage his people to do the same. That could interesting.
Old 24th October 2019, 01:44 PM   #3105
MileHighMadness
Muse

If Hulsey, Szamboti and Gage truly believe in this report, then they need to submit it to:

Journal of Structural Engineering - American Society of Civil Engineers
Old 28th October 2019, 06:04 AM   #3106
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
I will give Tony credit, he is a true believer. To quote one of his emails to me.

you are supporting something anyone with a neuron of brain activity can figure out. That is that those building collapses were controlled demolitions.

Tony Szamboti
Much like Trump supporters seeing what they wish to see, it is truly amazing how willfully blind people can be to WTC7's obvious controlled demolition.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2019, 07:23 AM   #3107
MileHighMadness
Muse

Much like Trump supporters seeing what they wish to see, it is truly amazing how willfully blind people can be to WTC7's obvious controlled demolition.
Get some real evidence...
Old 28th October 2019, 08:47 AM   #3108
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Some of us require a higher evidentiary standard than "'S bleedin' obvious innit, if you can't see it you must be thick or sumfin'."

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2019, 10:04 AM   #3109
Venom
Illuminator

hmm...do you believe WTC1 and 2 were also controlled demolition?
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2019, 10:35 AM   #3110
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

You may recall that a few months ago I mentioned that I used to know one of Hulsey's superiors, Bill Schnabel. I had been debating whether to bring this matter to his attention, but these recent revelations have decided me. The only question upon which I'm still undecided is whether I should use my personal email or one of my University emails. I had been leaning toward using my personal email when it was just a case of letting Bill know about something that could be potentially embarrassing to UAF, but now that we have clear evidence of academic misconduct, I'm inclined to use my Purdue Fort Wayne email. I will, however, use my student, rather than my employee, email, and I will make it clear that I am not writing in my capacity as a University employee, but only as a graduate student.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya

Last edited by SpitfireIX; 28th October 2019 at 10:36 AM.
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2019, 11:19 AM   #3111
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
You may recall that a few months ago I mentioned that I used to know one of Hulsey's superiors, Bill Schnabel. I had been debating whether to bring this matter to his attention, but these recent revelations have decided me. The only question upon which I'm still undecided is whether I should use my personal email or one of my University emails. I had been leaning toward using my personal email when it was just a case of letting Bill know about something that could be potentially embarrassing to UAF, but now that we have clear evidence of academic misconduct, I'm inclined to use my Purdue Fort Wayne email. I will, however, use my student, rather than my employee, email, and I will make it clear that I am not writing in my capacity as a University employee, but only as a graduate student.
Since you may be a student, is the formula used(unreferenced) a common one in terms of teaching/learning? Or is it a derived piece of work?
Old 28th October 2019, 02:30 PM   #3112
benthamitemetric
Muse

Don't forget to mention how Hulsey publicly touted the "conclusions" of the study before he finished even the preliminary work necessary to support those conclusions. Or that he also plagiarized a portion of his public presentation.

It's pretty clear that Hulsey is and has been a dyed in the wool troofer who dishonestly pretends to be objective in his public comments. He's not terribly clever, however, so his words and actions betrayed him from the start.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 28th October 2019 at 03:24 PM.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2019, 03:19 PM   #3113
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Since you may be a student, is the formula used(unreferenced) a common one in terms of teaching/learning? Or is it a derived piece of work?

I'm sorry; I don't understand your question.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2019, 07:42 PM   #3114
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

text book projection

You fell for the CD fantasy conspiracy, thus you are like trump, a conspiracy theorist, and you don't know it. Like trump the birther, you are gullible to believe lies of CD with no evidence.

It is called projection, and you are doing exactly what trump does, project.

You got no evidence, and no clue what happened on 9/11.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 05:01 AM   #3115
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
hmm...do you believe WTC1 and 2 were also controlled demolition?
Absolutely.

It would have been one helluva coincidence if the planned demolition of WTC7 occurred on the same day that WTC1 and WTC2 totally collapsed.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 05:10 AM   #3116
JSanderO
Master Poster

Absolutely.

It would have been one helluva coincidence if the planned demolition of WTC7 occurred on the same day that WTC1 and WTC2 totally collapsed.
You BELIEVE... There is no evidence.
Old 29th October 2019, 05:15 AM   #3117
Gamolon
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
You BELIEVE... There is no evidence.
Come on JSanderO...

Everyone knows that when there is no evidence of something, using "coincidence" is the next best thing!
Gamolon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 07:16 AM   #3118
bknight
Graduate Poster

I'm sorry; I don't understand your question.
Is the formula that was used a part of the normal/standard calculations, not a formula derive by Tony S?
Clearer?
Old 29th October 2019, 07:25 AM   #3119
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Is the formula that was used a part of the normal/standard calculations, not a formula derive by Tony S?
Clearer?
No.
Old 29th October 2019, 08:08 AM   #3120
bknight
Graduate Poster

No.
There are always a set of standard equations used in any engineering problems. Is the equation among a standard set or was the equation derived by Tony?
Clearer? I don't think I am able to state it differently.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories