ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges

Old 18th September 2019, 11:57 AM   #1
d4m10n
Illuminator

Donald Trump Ancestry Thread

Over at the "Elizabeth Warren Ancestry Thread," I've learned that it is of particular interest whenever a candidate propagates untruths about their national or ethnic origins.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Thoughts?
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 12:24 PM   #2
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

President Trump just says stuff. He's to be taken seriously, not literally. He probably just exaggerated to try and look cool. Like a 5 year old claiming his dad's a fireman/policeman/spy/Chippendale dancer.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 12:25 PM   #3
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

The Democrats do a piss-poor job making an issue of this crap when they could and they should. I hope the first time he calls Warren Pocahontas when she's campaigning against him she brings this up.
Old 18th September 2019, 12:26 PM   #4
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
President Trump just says stuff. He's to be taken seriously, not literally. He probably just exaggerated to try and look cool. Like a 5 year old claiming his dad's a fireman/policeman/spy/Chippendale dancer.
See what I mean, the response is that his lies didn't matter before so why bother.

I say, it's time to bother, loudly.

This is an older lie of his, BTW.
Old 18th September 2019, 12:30 PM   #5
Belgian thought
Master Poster

Is there something from your childhood you would like to share The Don?
Old 18th September 2019, 12:32 PM   #6
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

According to WA Po he claimed it 3 times.

Surprisingly he claims his father was an immigrant. I guess German heritage is fine.

Even weirder, his grandfather wasn't born in Germany either, he was born in Bavaria.
Quote:
BERLIN (AP) — A handwritten letter has been found in a German archive in which President-elect Donald Trump’s grandfather unsuccessfully fought his expulsion from the country for failing to perform mandatory military service.

Bild newspaper on Monday printed the 1905 letter located by an historian, in which Friedrich Trump wrote Bavarian Prince Luitpold begging the “well-loved, noble, wise and just” leader not to deport him. Luitpold rejected the “most subservient request.”

Trump’s grandfather was born in Kallstadt, then part of Bavaria, and immigrated to the U.S. as a teenager without performing his military service. It was after he’d made his fortune there and tried to resettle in Germany that he was ordered expelled, and returned to the U.S.

Rhineland-Palatinate state archive spokeswoman Isabell Weisbrod says Friedrich Trump’s birth certificate’s also in the archive.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 18th September 2019 at 12:33 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 12:49 PM   #7
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

Surprisingly he claims his father was an immigrant. I guess German heritage is fine.

Even weirder, his grandfather wasn't born in Germany either, he was born in Bavaria.
So he was following the family tradition when he dodged the draft.
Old 18th September 2019, 01:07 PM   #8
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Trump’s grandfather was born in Kallstadt, then part of Bavaria, and immigrated to the U.S. as a teenager without performing his military service. It was after he’d made his fortune there and tried to resettle in Germany that he was ordered expelled, and returned to the U.S.

Rhineland-Palatinate state archive spokeswoman Isabell Weisbrod says Friedrich Trump’s birth certificate’s also in the archive.
Ooh, I had an ancestor from that region as well. Mine got kicked out because he DID do his military service--for Napoleon. Does that qualify me to be President? Other than being too old, that is.
Old 18th September 2019, 01:53 PM   #9
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Over at the "Elizabeth Warren Ancestry Thread," I've learned that it is of particular interest whenever a candidate propagates untruths about their national or ethnic origins.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Thoughts?
Why didn't that reporter ask him which town. Gawd that could have been good.
Old 18th September 2019, 04:03 PM   #10
d4m10n
Illuminator

Why didn't that reporter ask him which town. Gawd that could have been good.
Whichever town, it was totes wunderbar.

Anyhow, since we're coming up on election it's about time to give this right-wing populist who continually scapegoats minorities some kind of German nickname. Alas, nothing comes immediately to mind.

Last edited by d4m10n; 18th September 2019 at 04:04 PM.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 04:26 PM   #11
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Der Fuehrer?

(Godwin acknowledged, I lose.)
Old 18th September 2019, 04:50 PM   #12
Stacyhs
Philosopher

President Trump just says stuff.
IOW, he just lies.

Quote:
He's to be taken seriously, not literally.
He seriously and literally just lies.

Quote:
He probably just exaggerated to try and look cool.
Saying your father, who was born in the Bronx, was born in Germany isn't an exaggeration. It's a lie. Lying doesn't make you look cool; it makes you look like a liar.

Quote:
Like a 5 year old claiming his dad's a fireman/policeman/spy/Chippendale dancer.
IOW, Trump is lying like a 5 year old. Forgivable in a 5 yr. old, not in a grown man.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 04:56 PM   #13
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Der Fuehrer?

(Godwin acknowledged, I lose.)
Nah, Trump wouldn't be happy being known as that; someone else will always associated with it first. He'd want a brand new, greatest of all time, bestest title. Maybe 'Das Größte Stabile Genie der Welt"?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 05:05 PM   #14
Cain
Straussian

He's a direct descendant of some deity. A great deity. The best deity.
Old 18th September 2019, 05:33 PM   #15
crescent
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Ooh, I had an ancestor from that region as well. Mine got kicked out because he DID do his military service--for Napoleon. Does that qualify me to be President? Other than being too old, that is.
I've got ancestors from that area as well - from Edenkoben which is kind of close to Kallstadt. Mine left about the same time as yours, and went to what is now Ukraine. There are still people with my unusual French-sounding name in Edenkoben and the surrounding area.

I hope I am not related to Trump. It would be a pity to chop down the family tree and burn it in fires of Mordor, but that might be the only way to expunge the family from the taint.

Last edited by crescent; 18th September 2019 at 05:35 PM.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 06:53 PM   #16
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Maybe 'Das Größte Stabile Genie der Welt"?
lolz auf deutsch
Old 18th September 2019, 10:28 PM   #17
Venom
Illuminator

You're not supposed to take him literally. sheesh.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2019, 11:28 PM   #18
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Such a pity that Trump's grandfather wasn't allowed to return to Germany. Just think how different subsequent history might be! At least for the US.
Old 18th September 2019, 11:47 PM   #19
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
IOW, Trump is lying like a 5 year old. Forgivable in a 5 yr. old, not in a grown man.
Yes, and this is the man who has the support of 40%+ of the US electorate and the undying loyalty of over 90% of the GOP.
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 02:14 AM   #20
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Old 19th September 2019, 02:20 AM   #21
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I think you didn't get it.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 03:40 AM   #22
Earthborn
Terrestrial Intelligence

Why didn't that reporter ask him which town.
Bielefeld.
Old 19th September 2019, 04:26 AM   #23
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!

He should jump on the Bavaria thing, they make wonderful automobiles.
Old 19th September 2019, 04:44 AM   #24
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
Thoughts?
I think he has a plurality of ass hole DNA.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 06:36 AM   #25
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Earthborn View Post
Bielefeld.
Nonsense, Bielefeld doesn't exist!
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2019, 03:10 PM   #26
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
I think he has a plurality of ******* DNA.
Well, that would at least explain why he's so appealing to the alt-reich kids and their neo-nazi uncles.

Come to think of it, those volk may be who he's tryna impress with his made-up German roots.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics