IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 22 34.38%
No 28 43.75%
I don't know 14 21.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 5th March 2021, 07:33 AM   #2401
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,429
Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Do you know of any brain surgeons or rocket scientists in a no money society? No because they donít exist. Instead you have farmers, hunters and gatherers.
And slaves, let's not forget about the slaves.

Gaetan has one unit he measures something by, an ill defined "work" metric. Time, effort, and anything else does not matter. If you "worked" you are entitled to everything everyone else has "worked" to produce. All work is equal. I don't believe he has worked that requires any skill above entry level.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #2402
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,840
Corruption by money kills:

Joe Biden refuses the independent public inquiry to hide that the elderly are not victims of covid but of corruption. The Chinese treat the elderly with covid with plants and vitamins and out of a population of 1.430 million there are only 4636 victims. If you put that across US you would have only had 1070 victims of covid instead of 526,000 if the state had taken the appropriate care methods. Plants and vitamins do not interest the medical community because they are not products that pharmacies can patent and resell at high prices like vaccines. At the height of corruption, they used the elderly as hospital guinea pigs to test dangerous pharmaceutical drugs that killed them. Sanitary measures were nothing but unnecessary masquerades intended to apprehend, subdue and rob the population. Call the police to investigate and put those responsible under lockdown.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM   #2403
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,891
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
The Chinese treat the elderly with covid with plants and vitamins and out of a population of 1.430 million there are only 4636 victims. If you put that across US you would have only had 1070 victims of covid instead of 526,000 ...
Your argument is illogical. I'll just pause for a moment so people can collect themselves after that shock.

The Chinese prevented infection spreading by locking down hard. If you can bring evidence they somehow did that with "plants and vitamins" I encourage you to do so.

Their 4636 deaths were reportedly from 90 thousand cases (obviously not from the 1.4 billion Chinese people who never got infected).

The US has had 28.9 million cases. If the US had the same proportion of fatalities as China reported, it would have had 1.5 million so far, 3 times as many deaths as really happened.

Another example: the UK has had 4.2 million cases. If it had the same proportion of victims as China, it would have had double the number of deaths it really has.

It doesn't seems like your "plants and vitamins" cure Covid-19.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #2404
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,840
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Your argument is illogical. I'll just pause for a moment so people can collect themselves after that shock.

The Chinese prevented infection spreading by locking down hard. If you can bring evidence they somehow did that with "plants and vitamins" I encourage you to do so.

Their 4636 deaths were reportedly from 90 thousand cases (obviously not from the 1.4 billion Chinese people who never got infected).

The US has had 28.9 million cases. If the US had the same proportion of fatalities as China reported, it would have had 1.5 million so far, 3 times as many deaths as really happened.
Chinese don't lock, they danse in disco and why they would check if people have covid they just have to give propre plants and vitamins to cure the flue.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #2405
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,429
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Chinese don't lock.
Charlie don't surf.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #2406
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,429
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Corruption by money kills:

Joe Biden refuses the independent public inquiry to hide that the elderly are not victims of covid but of corruption. The Chinese treat the elderly with covid with plants and vitamins and out of a population of 1.430 million there are only 4636 victims. If you put that across US you would have only had 1070 victims of covid instead of 526,000 if the state had taken the appropriate care methods. Plants and vitamins do not interest the medical community because they are not products that pharmacies can patent and resell at high prices like vaccines. At the height of corruption, they used the elderly as hospital guinea pigs to test dangerous pharmaceutical drugs that killed them. Sanitary measures were nothing but unnecessary masquerades intended to apprehend, subdue and rob the population. Call the police to investigate and put those responsible under lockdown.
It's less about money, and more about political tribalism, which would exist without currency. Power, not money, is the currency of that realm.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #2407
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Corruption by money kills:

Joe Biden refuses the independent public inquiry to hide that the elderly are not victims of covid but of corruption. The Chinese treat the elderly with covid with plants and vitamins and out of a population of 1.430 million there are only 4636 victims. If you put that across US you would have only had 1070 victims of covid instead of 526,000 if the state had taken the appropriate care methods. Plants and vitamins do not interest the medical community because they are not products that pharmacies can patent and resell at high prices like vaccines. At the height of corruption, they used the elderly as hospital guinea pigs to test dangerous pharmaceutical drugs that killed them. Sanitary measures were nothing but unnecessary masquerades intended to apprehend, subdue and rob the population. Call the police to investigate and put those responsible under lockdown.
You are under the misguided assumption that the Chinese are telling the truth rather than the BS they want you to believe.
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #2408
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
In a system of money products come by work and investment of money, in a system of no money products come by work then can't you see that if you eliminate investment as not require you'll have more products for the need of people, we can keep the system of money just for internationnal trade untill contries abolish money.
Why is ti that not a single civilized country has eliminated money completely to try to create the utopia you claim to achieve with a no money society?
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.