ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brett Kavanaugh , Congressional hearings , Supreme Court nominees

Old Today, 11:02 AM   #1121
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
No sympathy for partisanship or sides? Who are you trying to sell that to? You mean no sympathy for partisanship or sides except when the driver of the car gets all afeared and wants to plow through pedestrians, I take it. 'Cuz you've spent several pages and days defending that rather partisan action, even linking us to scumbag rightwing youtubers who are the only people who share your views on this.
From the aclu. (not a right wing anything)

Quote:
Specific problems
If organizers have not obtained a permit, where can a march take place?
If marchers stay on the sidewalks and obey traffic and pedestrian signals, their
activity is constitutionally protected even without a permit. Marchers may be
required to allow enough space on the sidewalk for normal pedestrian traffic and
may not maliciously obstruct or detain passers-by.

Do I need a permit before I engage in free speech activity?
Not usually. However, certain types of events require permits. Generally, these
events are:
ē A march or parade that does not stay on the sidewalk, and other events
that require blocking traffic or street closure

ē A large rally requiring the use of sound amplifying devices; or
ē A rally at certain designated parks or plazas

Do I have a right to picket on public sidewalks?
Yes, and this is also an activity for which a permit is not required. However,
picketing must be done in an orderly, non-disruptive fashion so that pedestrians
can pass by and entrances to buildings are not blocked.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:03 AM   #1122
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by River View Post
I think all extremists are idiotic, and ignorant. We should put them in a room together and let them have at it until their perceived war is over.

I'm not seeing any far right protesters doing what Antifa does in many major cities. In fact, the tolerance of either side by LE only promotes its growth. (both sides) I think we need to start locking people up on federal charges when they earn it. If not, things will proceed to grow until a point and time where it will start to effect all Americans.

I do not endorse one side, and then condemn the other. All of the extremists committing illegal and violent acts should pay the consequences. No sympathy for partisanship, or sides.
The Left is violent!

*Is informed that the Right is actually far more violent both historically and today*

Yes, there is violence on both ends of the political spectrum and everyone needs to work together to address this issue.

The following day...

The Left is violent!
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #1123
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
The Left is violent!

*Is informed that the Right is actually far more violent both historically and today*

Yes, there is violence on both ends of the political spectrum and everyone needs to work together to address this issue.

The following day...

The Left is violent!
Lets see the stats, and source for your claim.

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #1124
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

From the aclu. (not a right wing anything)
You're really bad at this, aren't you?

Where in there does it say, "and random individuals are thus licensed, nay encouraged, to run you down with their car".

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #1125
The Great Zaganza
Philosopher

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hos-behind-it/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.525eebaec611

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi.../#69bfc6481e74

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; Today at 11:19 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #1126
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
You're really bad at this, aren't you?

Where in there does it say, "and random individuals are thus licensed, nay encouraged, to run you down with their car".
You keep leaving out the important part, where I've stated multiple times "if endangered".

Old Today, 11:12 AM   #1127
johnny karate

The Great Zaganza and Foolmewunz have already done the legwork on that in posts you conveniently glossed over.

But this does present another excellent opportunity for me to point out that while you are lamenting the flagrant violation of traffic laws, the president you find so praise-worthy is advocating for violent criminal assault.

I love the smell of hypocrisy and faux outrage in the morning.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:14 AM   #1128
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Here is a direct link to the data. (ive yet to read it, but will -- this laptop cannot open pdf have to open on another machine)

https://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

Last edited by River; Today at 11:15 AM.
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #1129
River
Illuminator

Right off the bat I noticed something odd about the stats. They start Since September 12, 2001 to Dec. 31, 2016? Convenient dating.

Old Today, 11:20 AM   #1130
The Great Zaganza
Philosopher

again, because of late editing.

Which Ideology Has Inspired The Most Murders In Terrorist Attacks On U.S. Soil?

Death toll is 168 death by Right-winger compared to 23 left-wingers between 1992 and 2017.

I assume you agree that it is time for Left to strike back?

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; Today at 11:23 AM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:25 AM   #1131
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

You keep leaving out the important part, where I've stated multiple times "if endangered".
"Endangered" does not mean "I am afraid of those guys dressed in black and feel trapped because I can't drive two blocks in the direction I would like", which is perception and not necessarily reality. And as much as you would like it so, random incidents captured on video aren't a valid basis to assess your personal threat level.

Last edited by LSSBB; Today at 11:29 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #1132
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
"Endangered" does not mean "I am afraid of those guys dressed in black and feel trapped because I can't drive two blocks in the direction I would like", which is perception and not necessarily reality. And as much as you would like it so, random incidents captured on video aren't a valid basis to assess your personal threat level.
Your contention is based on Antifas (protesters) breaking at least two laws in order to impede traffic. Also, when doing so they often beat on the peoples cars with batons. This is assault. An armed mob blocking the street, illegally and you're supposed to (according to you and several others here) stop and obey their orders.

Hilarious!

Meanwhile, people trying to legitimately escape this mob are being demonized. Carry on, and think you're correct. Meanwhile, in reality I'll be keeping myself and my family safe.

Old Today, 11:47 AM   #1133
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Your contention is based on Antifas (protesters) breaking at least two laws in order to impede traffic. Also, when doing so they often beat on the peoples cars with batons. This is assault. An armed mob blocking the street, illegally and you're supposed to (according to you and several others here) stop and obey their orders.

Hilarious!

Meanwhile, people trying to legitimately escape this mob are being demonized. Carry on, and think you're correct. Meanwhile, in reality I'll be keeping myself and my family safe.
Last time you drove a car, how many times did you break a law? Or do you scrupulously keep to the speed limit and observe every traffic law to the T?

You are still basing the threat level on perception Perception and reality seldom perfectly match. Why do you keep carrying on as if they do?
Old Today, 11:49 AM   #1134
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
again, because of late editing.

Which Ideology Has Inspired The Most Murders In Terrorist Attacks On U.S. Soil?

Death toll is 168 death by Right-winger compared to 23 left-wingers between 1992 and 2017.

I assume you agree that it is time for Left to strike back?
Interesting.

Quote:
168 people
Oklahoma City bombing, terrorist attack in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, U.S., on April 19, 1995, in which a massive homemade bomb concealed in a rental truck exploded, heavily damaging the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. A total of 168 people were killed, including 19 children, and more than 500 were injured.
(hate this laptop, i just killed an entire post trying to edit lol)

Quote:
The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history, killed 168 people and accounted for 77% of all the murders
So your point is, extremists suck?

Why arent you condemning the actions of Antifa?

Last edited by River; Today at 11:54 AM.
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #1135
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Interesting.

(hate this laptop, i just killed an entire post trying to edit lol)

So your point is, extremists suck?

Why arent you condemning the actions of Antifa?
False equivalence. How many murders did Antifa commit?
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #1136
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Senator Mitch McConnell Confronted at Restaurant

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, was confronted Friday night by some angry diners who loudly berated him for his politics.

The Kentucky Senator was eating dinner with his wife at Havana Rumba in Louisville, when 4 men confronted Mitch. The main aggressor screams at McConnell, "Why don't you get out of here? Why don't you leave the entire country?"

The woman who shot the video tells us, before she started recording, the main aggressor slammed his fists down on McConnell's table, grabbed his doggie bag, threw the food out the door of the restaurant, and was screaming that McConnell was killing people with his views.

-- TMZ (Oct 20, 2018)

It's unknown whether the aggressors had been paid by Soros, or if they were just responding to Maxine Waters' clarion call.

The Left: An Unhinged Mob
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:04 PM   #1137
The Great Zaganza
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
It's unknown whether the aggressors had been paid by Soros, or if they were just responding to Maxine Waters' clarion call.
It's inconceivable that they just hated his guts -
as every constitution-respecting citizen should.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #1138
River
Illuminator

Orwellian?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old Today, 12:28 PM   #1139
River
Illuminator

This is the rhetoric you support? Wait until it's reciprocated.

I'll ask again of all moderates to speak out against this fascist, bullying activity. Before its too late.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old Today, 12:36 PM   #1140
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Orwellian?

"Fox News finished No. 1 across the board on Wednesday, with Tucker Carlson delivering more adults 25-54 than any other cable news show."

-- TVNewser (Oct 17, 2018)

The Left: An Unhinged Mob

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; Today at 01:05 PM.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:50 PM   #1141
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

I'll ask again of all moderates to speak out against this fascist, bullying activity. Before its too late.

I AGREE
oops, too late - it is reciprocated and endorsed by trump, he is pro rough em up - he said so

I AGREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfn4EqeshdQ

Too bad there was not a group opposing the NAZIs in a reciprocate manner in the 20s and 30s.

Really, these "best people" are going to reciprocate?
https://i.imgflip.com/2jtdpb.jpg
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #1142
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

I AGREE
Who are you talking to?
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #1143
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

"Fox News finished No. 1 across the board on Wednesday, with Tucker Carlson delivering more adults 25-54 than any other cable news show."

-- TVNewser (Oct 17, 2018)
News? it is alt right dumbed down propaganda feeding trumps delusional ego. The cult watches fox news.

That is funny, trump's minority watch fox, and the rest of the world gets their news from varied sources. The fox news is not news, it is a joke, especially Tucker Carlson.

I AGREE
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:11 PM   #1144
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
oops, too late - it is reciprocated and endorsed by trump, he is pro rough em up - he said so

I AGREE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfn4EqeshdQ

Too bad there was not a group opposing the NAZIs in a reciprocate manner in the 20s and 30s.

Really, these "best people" are going to reciprocate?
https://i.imgflip.com/2jtdpb.jpg
I like this angle better.

I AGREE

Old Today, 01:21 PM   #1145
Elagabalus
Illuminator

I like this angle better.

I AGREE
You might be interested in this thread.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...3#post11964993

ETA: Some more that you may find pertinent.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0#post11976730

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8#post11963348

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8#post11955428

Last edited by Elagabalus; Today at 01:30 PM.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:45 PM   #1146
johnny karate

Bump for River:
Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
How exactly will it "bite them in the bootay"?

Trump actively supports violent criminal assault, and his supporters can't cheer hard enough.

Why would they get their panties in a bunch over what some anonymous protestors might have done? Because they seem to be really big fans of criminal violence.

What is this fallout you keep predicting? That Trump and his supporters will become even more enamored with violence and violent rhetoric than they already are?
Old Today, 02:55 PM   #1147
johnny karate

I guess they should have body slammed McConnell, which President Trump recently informed me is an acceptable thing to do to people you don't like.
Old Today, 06:24 PM   #1148
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

It's funny when Trump supporters suffer. They're all traitors so the deserve what they get.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #1149
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
It's funny when Trump supporters suffer. They're all traitors so the deserve what they get.
No. I don't want to see anyone suffer. But it is funny to see them proved wrong. Which happens so often.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:43 PM   #1150
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post

They're worried about the midterms, Craig4! Look, at them. Running around like scared little white mice.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics