IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 18th December 2021, 02:14 PM   #41
Nick Terry
Master Poster

Oh, the irony...

Guests urged to be vaccinated at anti-vaxxer Robert F Kennedy Jr’s party
Kennedy said his wife, Cheryl Hines, was behind it and that he is ‘not always the boss at my own house’

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cinated-guests

Everytime one asks you holocaust deniers for positive evidence you just put your finger in the ears, dance around and sing lalala - Kevin Silbstedt
Nick Terry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 02:21 PM   #42
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Germany did well in the first wave but by 2021 it is not the case.

That's what I said. Excess mortality is a real thing since the "vaccination" campaign started. Like in many other countries, tendency goes to that the higher "vaccination" rates, the higher the excess mortality is. Of course pure coincidence like everything.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 02:34 PM   #43
carlitos
"más divertido"

When you can’t even complete a sentence without several scare quotes and random tangents about nonsense, you are really losing the thread.

This particular flavor of conspiracy where deaths aren’t real even though real people are dying is just sad. Kind of like solipsism.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 02:40 PM   #44
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
That's what I said. Excess mortality is a real thing since the "vaccination" campaign started. Like in many other countries, tendency goes to that the higher "vaccination" rates, the higher the excess mortality is. Of course pure coincidence like everything.
Really? I presume you're not going to pretend that was the case in the UK.

England and Wales (especially England) have some of the highest-quality data publicly-available in the world.

It was Covid.

Even in Russia it was Covid, it's just that Russia has a history of ineptly hiding their data.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 03:05 PM   #45
eerok
Quixoticist

Your "opinion" is counterfactual and worthless.
Old 18th December 2021, 03:08 PM   #46
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Really? I presume you're not going to pretend that was the case in the UK.

England and Wales (especially England) have some of the highest-quality data publicly-available in the world.

It was Covid.

Even in Russia it was Covid, it's just that Russia has a history of ineptly hiding their data.

The UK? The birthplace of neoliberalisn, of privatisation of "health care"? Give me a break. I'm not even going to question or look up your "official data", I'll just point and laugh. Do something about it.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 03:09 PM   #47
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Your "opinion" is counterfactual and worthless.

Here's a mirror.
auf dem Thron
Old 18th December 2021, 03:24 PM   #48
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

The UK? The birthplace of neoliberalisn, of privatisation of "health care"? Give me a break. I'm not even going to question or look up your "official data", I'll just point and laugh. Do something about it.

These are my graphs of the data.

This shows the recorded all-cause deaths in England and Wales in 2020. It also has the death certificate data for then.

Now you'd have to be a completely stupid conspiracy theorist to think that coroners offices throughout the country made up deaths or that the ONS invented deaths in order to make the government look bad. You'd need thousands of doctors to cooperate in a criminal enterprise for no benefit to themselves.

I do know that at least one antivaxer might have had an explanation for how lockdowns or vaccines caused these deaths before they started but I guess you'd think that was stupid too:

So, ignoring time-travelling nanopatticles, you have Covid deaths being undercounted by about 2000 deaths per week for the 5 weeks of the first wave based on a simple eyeballing of the data (actuaries tend to estimate about 12000 in total, which is consistent)

There are plenty of non-nefarious explanations for this undercounting. A lack of testing and a lack of familiarity with the symptoms at the time are the most obvious.

ETA: Your rejection of the data makes no sense. This is not really the NHS but, hey, poison the well

We could look at other multiple other countries and see similar situations - however the UK does have some of the highest-quality data easily available

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK

Last edited by jimbob; 18th December 2021 at 03:28 PM.
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 03:33 PM   #49
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Wasn't it Churchill who said "never trust a statistic you haven't forged yourself?".
Nope. It comes from the ministry of propaganda of one Josef Goebbels and has been doing the rounds in Germany ever since.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 03:39 PM   #50
eerok
Quixoticist

Here's a mirror.
I'm not rejecting science and sanity. That's all you.
Old 18th December 2021, 03:58 PM   #51
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Nope. It comes from the ministry of propaganda of one Josef Goebbels and has been doing the rounds in Germany ever since.
Lol, quite fitting.
Old 18th December 2021, 03:59 PM   #52
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

?

excess mortality was before and after vaccination started due to COVID

excess ignorance is valid wrt anti-vaxxers, not a coincidence
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 04:54 PM   #53
eerok
Quixoticist

Doctors hate her! Woman beats covid with one weird trick (reddit.com)

How does one classify this level of cluelessness?

I think some people are so afraid of reality that they'll believe every stupid thing that gives them hope, and there are those who say that recommending reasonable precautions against covid infection is fearmongering.

I advocate zero tolerance toward covid disinfo and anti-vaxx BS.

Last edited by eerok; 18th December 2021 at 06:29 PM. Reason: grammar
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 05:15 PM   #54
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Gigantic eructations in Australian capital!
me right now:

Old 18th December 2021, 05:22 PM   #55
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I'm not rejecting science and sanity. That's all you.

Thanks. Science and sanity is all I'm contributiong to this forum, that's right. For you it seems more like denial and obstruction.
auf dem Thron
Old 18th December 2021, 05:27 PM   #56
eerok
Quixoticist

Thanks. Science and sanity is all I'm contributiong to this forum, that's right. For you it seems more like denial and obstruction.
Science and sanity will carry on without you, as it ever has.
Old 18th December 2021, 05:30 PM   #57
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

New numbers in for the third quartal 2021: BioNcash cashed in 3,2 billion dollsrs.

Profit, not sales. pseudo-skeptics. All is well.

An der Goldgrube.

auf dem Thron
Old 18th December 2021, 05:32 PM   #58
eerok
Quixoticist

New numbers in for the third quartal 2021: BioNcash cashed in 3,2 billion dollsrs.

Profit, not sales. pseudo-skeptics. All is well.

An der Goldgrube.
Your pathetic innuendo fails. Covid is real. Vaccination is effective.

You're probably vaccinated already.
Old 18th December 2021, 05:52 PM   #59
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Also:

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress
David Icke is a reliable source of information.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 05:58 PM   #60
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Thanks. Science and sanity is all I'm contributiong to this forum . . .
I am starting to doubt that you are the smartest person I'm likely to ever encounter.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th December 2021, 06:05 PM   #61
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress
David Icke is a reliable source of information.
That's some dark hilarity right there.
Old 19th December 2021, 02:27 AM   #62
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Radicalization of anti-vaxxers in Saxony

Quote:
Demonstrations against coronavirus restrictions are becoming more frequent and more violent -- with many ending in clashes with police. Authorities say right-wing extremists are exploiting the situation to push their own agenda. Some politicians are facing a campaign of intimidation. Protesters with flaming torches recently showed up outside the home of the health minister in the eastern state of Saxony. And earlier this week, police siezed weapons in a series of raids after death threats were made against Saxony's state premier. The government has warned of growing radicalization. But some who've spent their lives fighting extremism say the threat has always been there - it's just becoming more visible.

Police raided several locations in the eastern German city of Dresden on Wednesday after online threats were made against state Premier Michael Kretschmer and other members of the Saxony state government. In Dresden, police searched five properties, and another place was being searched in the nearby town of Heidenau. Prosecutors said five men and a woman, aged between 32 and 64, were targeted in the investigation. All of them are German nationals. Police have reason to believe the suspects were preparing to carry out violent acts. Officials in the German state of Saxony said "murder plans" against Premier Kretschmer were discussed via the Telegram messaging app. Death threats posted online and targeting Kretschmer were connected in large part with potential COVID-19 restrictions such as the possibility of mandatory vaccinations. Saxony has both one of the highest COVID-19 caseloads in Germany and one of the lowest vaccination rates. It was also once part of the former East Germany, where some vaccinations were mandatory by law. Dresden, the capital of Saxony, has seen numerous demonstrations against the government's COVID-19 policies and vaccines. The latest raids come just days after a group of far-right extremists held a torchlit rally in front of the home of Saxony's Health Minister Petra Köpping.
COVID protests in Germany become more frequent and more extremist (DW, Dec 17, 2021)

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 02:50 AM   #63
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

From an anti-Covid-measures speech by Piers Corbyn posted online:

Quote:
"We've got to hammer to death those scum, those scum who have decided to go ahead with introducing new fascism."

"If your MP is one of them, go to their offices, and, well, I'd recommend burning them down."
Man arrested on suspicion of encouragement to commit arson

Quote:
A man, aged in his 70s, has been arrested on suspicion of encouragement to commit arson.

He was arrested in Southwark at around 01:45hrs on Sunday, 19 December.

The arrest relates to a video posted online in which people were encouraged to burn down MPs’ offices.

The man remains in custody at a central London police station.
Old 19th December 2021, 03:16 AM   #64
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
From an anti-Covid-measures speech by Piers Corbyn posted online:

Man arrested on suspicion of encouragement to commit arson
If only American police were this aggressive toward anti vaxers and traitors.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 03:24 AM   #65
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

You're probably vaccinated already.

And you're probably a dog.
auf dem Thron
Old 19th December 2021, 04:21 AM   #66
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

And you're probably a dog.
I can't imagine that the GRU doesn't have a vaccine mandate for their officers.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 08:40 AM   #67
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

This, folks, is what real science looks like! This also looks nothing like denial and obstructionism! No siree Bob!

Hilarious!
Old 19th December 2021, 09:02 AM   #68
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Doctors hate her! Woman beats covid with one weird trick (reddit.com)

How does one classify this level of cluelessness?

I think some people are so afraid of reality that they'll believe every stupid thing that gives them hope, and there are those who say that recommending reasonable precautions against covid infection is fearmongering.

I advocate zero tolerance toward covid disinfo and anti-vaxx BS.
"Yesterday I had a gun shot wound, right through my head. I walked into the kitchen, got some lemon, and was healed completely. It really works!"
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 09:04 AM   #69
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

I posted this elsewhere on the board, but it fits in here

PJH Law who say they are "Exclusively Employment Law Solicitors" have published a letter to MHRA calling for immediate suspension of SARS COV2 injections and a summary of evidence for an injunction application.
This is on behalf of a Dr Sam White who "has evidenced concerns of the lack of safety regarding the vaccine and the suppression of safe and effective therapeutics."

Also Andrew Doyle, and Debbie Webb who are both students at Southampton University, who "are unable to go on placements by reason of the fact that they have declined consent to be injected."

https://pjhlaw.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...letterMHRA.pdf

It's all in there. vaccines are killing people not Covid, PCR tests are a fraud, Bill Gates is behind it all etc.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 09:55 AM   #70
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
This, folks, is what real science looks like! This also looks nothing like denial and obstructionism! No siree Bob!

Hilarious!
Nobody expects consistency from conspiracy believers. They just cannot help themselves.
Old 19th December 2021, 01:31 PM   #71
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Meanwhile in Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...080842de5fd591

Concern over far right links to antivax movements.

Good job our resident German antivaxer wouldn't go anywhere near fascists.

Old 19th December 2021, 05:32 PM   #72
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

95% of the eligible population of New South Wales is vaccinated. Right now there are 33 people in the ICU, 26 of whom are unvaccinated. Those numbers are disproportionate.

Source
Old 19th December 2021, 05:57 PM   #73
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Meanwhile in Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...080842de5fd591

Concern over far right links to antivax movements.

Good job our resident German antivaxer wouldn't go anywhere near fascists.

This clownshow has been going on since the beginning. "Nazi! Nazi! Right-Wing! Right-Wing!", and for some time it worked. You just had to carry some stooges with "Reichsflaggen" to a demo and the average media consumer heard it in the news. But if you were there, you saw who really was the vast majority of participants.

But now it doesn't work anymore. People have caught up and the numbers are exploding. That's why you get articles about it in your laughable "newspapers" like the properly named Guardian. If there weren't something that fundamentally scares the culprits, you would just get another article about how evil Vladimir Putin is,
auf dem Thron
Old 19th December 2021, 06:03 PM   #74
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Reichsflagge:

That's the flag of the second, not the third Reich. There are some people who claim that the government that was putsched after WWI was the last legitimate government of Germany. These people are a tiny, fringe minority among the protesters against the fascist Corona-Regime, but the cartel media tries to paint them as the drivers of the protests. While claiming the flag is about the third Reich (the Nazi regime).
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 19th December 2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 19th December 2021, 06:15 PM   #75
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Article with general information about Covid protestors and their slogans etc.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...ests/100707434
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 06:27 PM   #76
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Article with general information about Covid protestors and their slogans etc.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...ests/100707434

In Germany the stock slogan is "Frieden - Freiheit - [something else]". Peace, Liberty and the third one that comes in different flavours, by my observation most commonly "Demokratie" (democracy), "Keine Diktatur" (no dictatorship) and "Souveränität" (sovereignty).
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 19th December 2021 at 06:34 PM.
Old 19th December 2021, 07:34 PM   #77
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
In Germany the stock slogan is "Frieden - Freiheit - [something else]". Peace, Liberty and the third one that comes in different flavours, by my observation most commonly "Demokratie" (democracy), "Keine Diktatur" (no dictatorship) and "Souveränität" (sovereignty).

The word "sovereignty" has been big in right-wing politics here, and now I see it is probably influenced by the far-right.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 08:33 PM   #78
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
The word "sovereignty" has been big in right-wing politics here, and now I see it is probably influenced by the far-right.
"Sovereignty" was a buzzword for the Brexit lobby, too. It's a good crowd these protesters are associating themselves with.
Old 19th December 2021, 08:47 PM   #79
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Well, I guess you folks are still trying to get rid of "the Queen". We have other problems.
auf dem Thron
Old 19th December 2021, 08:56 PM   #80
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
Agreed. When I first saw such curves in The Economist magazine last year, it was a eureka moment for me. They showed graphs for many nations. This link might be behind a paywall.

Here is a simplified version

The CDC keeps track of deaths in the USA, and the reasons for them. Those death rates remain pretty constant year in year out going back decades, rising slowly with increased population, and seasonally fluctuating in a predictable manner; rising a little in winter and falling a little in summer. Now take a look at the graph below.

- The red line is the predicted upper threshold
- The orange line is the predicted average
- The red crosses indicate where the actual number exceeded the predicted upper threshold

It is pretty damned difficult to explain why all those 780,000 extra people died from April 2020 until now if it wasn't Covid that killed them. That graph makes it easy to show that if it was not for the pandemic, most of those people would likely still be alive, i.e. it was not any co-morbidities they might have had that killed them, it was Sars Cov2 itself.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories