IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 19th December 2021, 09:22 PM   #81
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Well, I guess you folks are still trying to get rid of "the Queen". We have other problems.
That's just what the shape-shifting alien reptiles want you to think.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 09:37 PM   #82
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

As we are all huge David Icke fans in this thread, and the dumbest among us can't even stop mentioning him, here is his latest speech, likely from Saturday, on his home soil, the beautiful Isle of Wight. But was he right? If so, we know that right is evil, so well then.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 10:29 PM   #83
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

As we are all huge David Icke fans in this thread, and the dumbest among us can't even stop mentioning him, here is his latest speech, likely from Saturday, on his home soil, the beautiful Isle of Wight. But was he right? If so, we know that right is evil, so well then.
We already know the right is evil. You were caught quoting goebbels.

But for the curious, (from CE's video) is Icke giving a speech while surrounded by wheely bins and a loon smoking weed and a crowd of some fellow travelers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icke.jpg (49.4 KB, 15 views)

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 10:46 PM   #84
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
We already know the right is evil. You were caught quoting goebbels.

But for the curious, (from CE's video) is Icke giving a speech while surrounded by wheely bins and a loon smoking weed and a crowd of some fellow travelers.
The wheelie bins are are most intelligent member of his audience.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 10:52 PM   #85
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

If Icke is such a reliable source of information, why does it get under your skin so much when anyone mentions any of the many, many literally insane claims he's made? Can't you find any sources that aren't full of ******
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th December 2021, 11:34 PM   #86
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
That graph makes it easy to show that if it was not for the pandemic, most of those people would likely still be alive, i.e. it was not any co-morbidities they might have had that killed them, it was Sars Cov2 itself.
I noticed that in late winter/early spring last year the UK all cause mortality rate did briefly dip below the usual rate, which was put down to those who would otherwise have died of their co-morbidities around then having already died of Covid within the previous year. So there was a small effect of that here at least. But even for those individuals it's a loss of up to a year of life, due to a disease CE is pretending doesn't exist.
Old 19th December 2021, 11:38 PM   #87
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I noticed that in late winter/early spring last year the UK all cause mortality rate did briefly dip below the usual rate, which was put down to those who would otherwise have died of their co-morbidities around then having already died of Covid within the previous year. So there was a small effect of that here at least. But even for those individuals it's a loss of up to a year of life, due to a disease CE is pretending doesn't exist.

I don't bother engaging with those who will remain "proudly wrong" and steadfastly unconvinced by any amount of irrefutable evidence. In those situations I simply post the evidence for the benefit of lurkers and, dismiss the "proudly wrong" as a lost cause.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower

Last edited by smartcooky; 19th December 2021 at 11:41 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 12:06 AM   #88
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The far-right in Europe exists to the degree it does, because it is heavily supported by the Kremlin, financially and through targeted propaganda, as it well documented.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 12:58 AM   #89
Tom Palven
Thinker

This is different from the kind of headlines we've been seeing from Reuters since 2019:
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ne-2021-12-20/
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 01:07 AM   #90
catsmate
No longer the 1

It's pity none of them try to eat him and replace him with an Auton duplicate.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 02:37 AM   #91
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

This clownshow has been going on since the beginning. "Nazi! Nazi! Right-Wing! Right-Wing!", and for some time it worked. You just had to carry some stooges with "Reichsflaggen" to a demo and the average media consumer heard it in the news. But if you were there, you saw who really was the vast majority of participants.

But now it doesn't work anymore. People have caught up and the numbers are exploding. That's why you get articles about it in your laughable "newspapers" like the properly named Guardian. If there weren't something that fundamentally scares the culprits, you would just get another article about how evil Vladimir Putin is,
These are not Stooges.

Or one you've referenced - David Icke

Include me in. Your "guilt by association" trick is baseless, MarkCorrigan. David Icke is a reliable source of information. When he comes up with very weird stuff like the Reptilians and the hollow moon, he does say so. "It's very weird, I've heard it from this or that chap." But the core of his message, MarkCorrigan, you might want to consider. It is still very weird, but it might be the truth.
Who quotes from the most famously-debunked antisemitic hoax in history - The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

And who has claimed that schools "indoctrinate children with the unchallenged version of events" about the Holocaust. I know that he says that he's not a Holocaust denier. But he also makes claims that even you know are untrue (and stupid). He lies. And in light of those documented antisemitic claims by him, it makes sense to assume he's trying an unsubtle code, where "Lizard" means "Jewish Cabal"

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 03:18 AM   #92
MBDK
Scholar

I'll just point and laugh. Do something about it.
Aping cruel actions that others have enacted on you will never allow those scars to heal. I can only suggest you refrain from treating others in the ill-manner in which you have been treated.
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 07:55 AM   #93
eerok
Quixoticist

As we are all huge David Icke fans in this thread [...]
Sure we are. I'll steal a quote from somebody: "If David Icke is a reliable source of anything, its Noise and maybe Comedy."

In other news, covid-19 is a serious health threat, and the vaccines save lives.

But by all means, buy a ticket to visit the hollow moon if you like.
Old 20th December 2021, 07:59 AM   #94
carlitos
"más divertido"

He went to the Jacob Wohl / Jack Burkman school of press relations!
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 08:10 AM   #95
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
This is different from the kind of headlines we've been seeing from Reuters since 2019:
From that link:
Quote:
The death is New Zealand's second linked to a known but rare side effect from the vaccine
What you seem to be saying is that you're surprised that the rare thing isn't happening more often.
Do you think that might be because it's rare?
Old 20th December 2021, 08:20 AM   #96
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
These are not Stooges.

LOL at that picture with the three stooges. jimbob, you understand that showing the Roman salute in public is iillegal in Germany, right? If these stooges weren't stooges, they would be in jail or at least in big legal trouble.

You don't usually see people like this at any demonstrations against the fascist corona-regime.

Seriously, get a grip.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 08:31 AM   #97
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

If you're claiming that there haven't been any news stories about side effects of the vaccines prior to the one you linked, you are wrong.

If you think that anyone you're arguing with here was ever under the delusion that the COVID-19 vaccines have zero chance of adverse effects, you are wrong.

Every vaccine to date has had a potential for adverse effects. The vaccines used against smallpox, measles, polio, chickenpox, rubella, hepatitis, diphtheria, influenza, tetanus, pertussis etcetera have all had a small chance of causing adverse reactions including death. And it's not just vaccines that carry a certain risk. Virtually any drug, even when properly administered and used, has the capacity to cause a serious adverse reaction, including death.

So what's your point, Tom?
Old 20th December 2021, 08:31 AM   #98
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

They aren't in Germany.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 08:41 AM   #99
Tom Palven
Thinker

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
From that link:

What you seem to be saying is that you're surprised that the rare thing isn't happening more often.
I'm saying that in the past it seems that they would have scoured the world to find a story about a child that died of omicron before running that article.
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 09:02 AM   #100
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

I'm saying that in the past it seems that they would have scoured the world to find a story about a child that died of omicron before running that article.
The way you've scoured the internet to find a report of a child who may have died because of the vaccine?

The omicron variant is new, so there isn't much of a past to scour. But it's sadly easy to find reports of children who have died of COVID-19.
Old 20th December 2021, 09:04 AM   #101
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
From that link:

Also:

Quote:
The man, who died within two weeks of his first dose, had not sought medical advice or treatment for his symptoms.
Old 20th December 2021, 09:05 AM   #102
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

LOL at that picture with the three stooges. jimbob, you understand that showing the Roman salute in public is iillegal in Germany, right? If these stooges weren't stooges, they would be in jail or at least in big legal trouble.

You don't usually see people like this at any demonstrations against the fascist corona-regime.

Seriously, get a grip.
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
They aren't in Germany.
Indeed. That flag is the flag of Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists and National Socialists* at an anti lockdown demonstration in Trafalgar Square. You can see the flags of Canada House in the background.

Mosley married in a house owned by Goebbels with Hitler as guest of honour. I think it's safe to call anyone flying that flag proudly a Nazi.

The three antivaxers giving the Nazi salute were supporters of a minor candidate at a by election in Glasgow.

Note the vile use of the yellow star as well. VERY common outside Germany amongst antivaxers.

The AfD seems pretty antivax, and by most standards, they're far-right.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 09:07 AM   #103
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I read some stuff from a prophet the other day, and surprisingly, he's almost right some of the time, so I figure I'd better pay attention when he says we're all stuck in a matrix designed by Zionist space lizards so clever only he knows what they're up to. I mean hidden truths can't be any good unless they're hidden, right? The appearance of craziness is a ruse erected by the Illuminati to mislead us. He must be either a god or a lunatic, and he knows how to tie his shoes, so...god it is.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 09:11 AM   #104
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I read some stuff from a prophet the other day, and surprisingly, he's almost right some of the time, so I figure I'd better pay attention when he says we're all stuck in a matrix designed by Zionist space lizards so clever only he knows what they're up to. I mean hidden truths can't be any good unless they're hidden, right? The appearance of craziness is a ruse erected by the Illuminati to mislead us. He must be either a god or a lunatic, and he knows how to tie his shoes, so...god it is.
Nah, it's just his attempt to hide his antisemitic conspiracy theories by using codewords for Jews.

Old 20th December 2021, 09:12 AM   #105
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

. . . and the dumbest among us can't even stop mentioning him . . .
Hmmm . . .

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 10:38 AM   #106
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

jimbob, I couldn't care less about a band of three obscure British Nazis. Has nothing to do with the mass protests agsainst the fascist corona-regime. As I said, this nonsense doesn't work anymore.

Today Saxony again, Monday demonstrations in around 100 cities and villages. They know totalitarianism when they see it. Has been only a bit over 30 years.

edit: List of protests in Saxony today (copied from telegram):

Adorf -18 Uhr- Markt
Altenburg -18 Uhr- Brüderkirche
Auerbach (Vgtl) -19 Uhr- Markt
Bad Gottleuba - 18 Uhr - Markt
Bad Lausick - 19 Uhr - Rathaus
Bad Schandau -19 Uhr- Markt
Bautzen –18 Uhr– Kornmarkt
Bannewitz -19 Uhr- Markt
Beierfeld -19 Uhr- Bernsbacher-/August-Bebel-Str.
Bernsbach -19 Uhr- Markt
Bernsdorf -18 Uhr- Lidl
Bischofswerda -18 Uhr- Markt
Böhlen -18 Uhr- Rathaus
Brandis -19 Uhr- Markt
Breitenbrunn -19 Uhr- Rathaus
Burgstädt -19 Uhr- Brühl
Canitz -18 Uhr- Feuerwehr
Chemnitz –18 Uhr- Schillerplatz
Chemnitz-Einsiedel -19 Uhr- Pyramide
Colditz -19 Uhr- Fleischerei Sogut
Coswig -18 Uhr- Wettinplatz
Delitzsch -19 Uhr- Markt
Diera-Zehren -18 Uhr- Ortskern
Dippoldiswalde -18 Uhr- Parksäle
Dorfhain -18 Uhr- ehemalige Schule
Döbeln –19 Uhr– Obermarkt
Dresden –18 Uhr- Pieschener Allee (Korso); 18 Uhr - Wiener Platz
Eilenburg -19 Uhr- Markt
Eppendorf -18 Uhr- Alte Schule
Frankenberg -18 Uhr- Markt
Freital -18 Uhr- Neumarkt
Frauenstein -18 Uhr- Markt
Fraureuth -18 Uhr- Erich Glowatzky Halle
Freiberg –18 Uhr– Albertpark
Freital -18 Uhr- Neumarkt
Frohburg -19 Uhr- Markt
Geising -19 Uhr- Markt
Gersdorf -18 Uhr- Markt
Glauchau -18 Uhr- Markt
Glaubitz -18 Uhr- Drei Lilien
Glashütte -18 Uhr- An der Feuerwehr
Geithain –19 Uhr- Markt
Görlitz -18:30 Uhr- Postplatz
Graupzig -18 Uhr- Windräder (still. Protest)
Greiz -18 Uhr- Schloßbrücke
Großharthau -17.30 Uhr- Eisenbahnbrücke
Grimma –19 Uhr- Markt
Großenhain -19 Uhr- Markt
Hainichen -19 Uhr- Markt
Halle -18 Uhr- Moritzkirche
Hartenstein -19 Uhr- Markt
Hartmannsdorf -18.30 Uhr- Parkplatz Elcon
Heidenau -19 Uhr- Markt
Hohenstein-Ernst. -18 Uhr- Markt
Hoyerswerda -18 Uhr- Lausitzer Platz
Jahnsdorf -19 Uhr- ab Nahkauf
Johanngeorgenstadt -18 Uhr- Platz des Bergmannes
Jöhstadt -19 Uhr- Markt
Kamenz -18 Uhr- Markt
Kitzscher -18 Uhr- Rathaus
Königsbrück -18.30 Uhr- Markt
Königstein -19 Uhr- Markt
Königswalde -19 Uhr- Parkanlage
Kreischa -19.30 Uhr- Jahrmarktswiese
Leipzig -18 Uhr- Augustusplatz
Leipzig-Engelsdorf -18 Uhr- Norma
Lengenfeld (Vgtl) -18.30 Uhr- Markt
Lichtenstein -18 Uhr- Kreisverkehr
Limbach-O. –18.30 Uhr- Rathausplatz
Löbau -18 Uhr- Altmarkt
Königsbrück -18:30- Markt
Machern -19 Uhr- Markt
Markkleeberg -19 Uhr- Bahnhof
Markranstädt -17.30 Uhr- Markt
Marienberg -19 Uhr- Markt
Meißen –19 Uhr– Heinrichsplatz
Meuselwitz -18 Uhr- Markt
Milkau –18 Uhr- Busplatz
Mittweida - 19 Uhr- Markt
Neugersdorf -18 Uhr - Markt
Neustadt -18.30 Uhr- Markt
Niesky -18 Uhr- Zinzendorfplatz
Nossen –19 Uhr– Markt
Oederan -18.30 Uhr- Markt
Oelsnitz (Erz) -19 Uhr- Markt
Oelsnitz (Vgtl) -18.30 Uhr- Jakobikirche
Olbernhau -19 Uhr- Gessingplatz
Oschatz -19.00 Uhr- Rathaustreppe
Ortrand -18.30 Uhr- Markt
Ottendorf-Okrilla -19 Uhr- Rathaus
Plauen –18:30 Uhr– Wendedenkmal
Pirna -19 Uhr- Markt
Pulsnitz -18 Uhr- Markt
Rabenau -18.30 Uhr- Markt
Raschau-Markersbach - 18 Uhr - Markt
Radeberg -19 Uhr- Markt
Radebeul -19 Uhr- Ostbahnhof
Radeburg -19 Uhr- Markt
Reichenbach (Vogtl) -19 Uhr- Markt
Riesa -18 Uhr- Rathausplatz
Rochlitz -18 Uhr- Markt
Röderau -18 Uhr- Markt
Rothenburg (Lausitz) -18 Uhr- Markt
Schönheide -19 Uhr- Rathaus
Schmiedeberg -18 Uhr- Feuerwehr
Schkeuditz -19 Uhr- Rathausplatz
Schneeberg –19 Uhr– Markt
Schwarzenberg -19 Uhr- Markt
Sebnitz -19 Uhr- Markt
Seerhausen -18 Uhr- Ortskern
Stauchitz -19 Uhr- Edeka
Stollberg -18 Uhr- Markt
Thalheim (Erz.) -18 Uhr- Rathaus
Torgau –18 Uhr– Markt
Treuen -18 Uhr- Markt
Waldheim -19 Uhr- Markt
Weißenfels -18 Uhr- Fürstenhaus
Weißwasser -18 Uhr- Markt
Werdau -18 Uhr- Markt
Wilsdruff -18 Uhr- Markt
Wurzen -18.30 Uhr- Markt
Wülknitz -18 Uhr- Markt
Zabeltitz -19 Uhr- Schloss
Zeithain -18 Uhr- Feuerwehr
Zittau -18 Uhr- Stadtring
Zschopau -19 Uhr- Markt
Zwenkau -19 Uhr- Markt
Zwickau –18 Uhr- Hauptmarkt
Zwönitz -19 Uhr- Markt
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 20th December 2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 20th December 2021, 03:00 PM   #107
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Well Stan's sure to win recognition of his right to have babies once the PFJ has ousted the hated Romans once and for all.
Old 20th December 2021, 03:18 PM   #108
MBDK
Scholar

A question for anyone. Is CE claiming that the COVID-19 virus and its variants don't actually exist? If so, has this already been hashed out?
MBDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 03:39 PM   #109
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
He went to the Jacob Wohl / Jack Burkman school of press relations!

Well that is a possibility, but I can't tell if his fly is open or not!
Cullen Hightower

Last edited by smartcooky; 20th December 2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old 20th December 2021, 03:55 PM   #110
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tom Palven
In both cases, this is "linked to" but not 100% confirmed (correlation does not equal causation), so that is two people (who probably died from the vaccines) out of 8,006,454 doses given. (and yes, you have to count both doses because there are recorded cases or myocarditis reactions that did not appear until after the second dose).

...and the other one of those two people was an overweight woman who died from blood clots, and who was taking medication for cranial diabetes insipidusa. That medication was Desmopressin, a drug that is also given to people with haemophilia to improve their blood clotting when they bleed.

ETA: Also worth noting regarding the man that article is about....
The person in question had not sought any medical advice or treatment for the symptoms, the board found.

The board also noted that Myocarditis was a treatable condition if identified, with earlier treatment offering better outcomes.
In NZ, everyone is kept back for observation for 30 minutes after getting each jab and they are fully briefed as to possible side effects, including the symptoms of myocarditis. They are instructed to seek urgent medical help if they have any symptoms (chest pains, arrhythmia, shortness of breath, swelling of the legs, ankles and feet, fatigue, headache, body aches, joint pain, fever, a sore throat and diarrhoea).

Now I mean no disrespect toward this man, but how silly do you have to be to ignore that advice and those warning signs?
Cullen Hightower

Last edited by smartcooky; 20th December 2021 at 04:14 PM.
Old 20th December 2021, 03:58 PM   #111
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MBDK View Post
A question for anyone. Is CE claiming that the COVID-19 virus and its variants don't actually exist? If so, has this already been hashed out?
Who knows. Hard to tell, isn't it?
Old 20th December 2021, 05:19 PM   #112
MBDK
Scholar

First of all, Steve, thank you for your reply. I'll now drop that aspect lest future revelations become addressable.

Now I mean no disrespect toward this man, but how silly do you have to be to ignore that advice and those warning signs?
I postulate as silly as anyone who ignores mountains of legitimate evidence to invest their lives with beliefs of misinformation, particularly misinformation demonstrably substantiated as such.
Old 20th December 2021, 05:58 PM   #113
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

You absolutely see people like this at anti-lockdown anti-mask anti-mandate demonstrations.

Experts unpick symbols and slogans at anti-COVID vaccination mandate protest in Perth

Quote:
...At these rallies, nurses in scrubs, people in high-vis vests and parents with small children march alongside people in Donald Trump caps and QAnon t-shirts...

...In this photo, the Australian national flag and the red ensign flag, flown at sea by Australian merchant ships, lead the way across the bridge at Perth's Elizabeth Key.

But they're being flown upside down, which is a sign of extreme distress, according to University of South Australia law lecturer Joe McIntyre.

"It's a way of communicating: 'I am in intense distress,'" he said.

"There's this sense that, 'I know the truth. I am fighting a righteous battle to protect my country. Why can't anybody see how unlawful our governments are?'"

Under Australian national flag protocols, the flag should never be flown upside down.

But upside-down flags have been used around the world as a protest symbol, including at the Capitol Hill riot in Washington in January this year...

...But Dr McIntyre said the use of the red ensign by sovereign citizen groups could also be because it was associated with a time in history when the White Australia policy existed in Australia.

The Canadian alternative-right has also appropriated their country's red ensign.

"The sovereign citizens' movement in the US is historically white supremacist," he said...

...But some protesters have co-opted and adopted symbols and slogans from overseas, including supporters of former US president Donald Trump.

For example, on the right of the photo below, two people are wearing matching red "Make Australia Great Again" caps.

It's a local remake of Mr Trump's campaign slogan, which has been widely adopted by the anti-lockdown and anti-vaccine protest movements, including Clive Palmer's United Australia Party.

In the photo, a man is wearing a T-shirt of the QAnon conspiracy theory, based around a belief that the world is run by a global cabal of Satan-worshipping paedophiles who control American politics and the media.

His T-shirt's slogan of "where we go one, we go all" is QAnon's rallying call.

Part of the pro-Trump conspiracy theory was that Mr Trump would expose the cabal, including Democrat politicians like US President Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

Dr Chilton said the anti-vaccination movement was alive with these kinds of theories...

...This sign uses symbols from Nazi Germany, including the deeply offensive use of the yellow star, which Jews were forced to wear.

In recent years, it has been used in the US by anti-vaccination protesters to symbolise oppression.

Dr Rich said the use of this symbol could indicate the involvement of white supremacist groups or just that people had created an alternate reality in their mind where this was appropriate...
Neo-nazi and white supremacist groups are absolutely at the core of anti-vaccination movements, not just in Australia but around the world. I've seen White Rose propaganda about town. I'll bet that you have, too. They're spreading the exact talking points that Childlike Empress has been repeating in this thread - bodily autonomy, freedoom from tyranny, masks and lockdowns don't work, the pandemic is a hoax... the correlations are direct, and obvious.

The White Rose, by the way, aren't just interested in spreading antivaccine propaganda. They are also strongly associated with flat earth conspiracies, Qanon, white supremacy and antisemitic holocaust denial. That's the team you're in bed with, Childlike Empress. How does that make you feel?
Old 20th December 2021, 06:03 PM   #114
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
You absolutely see people like this at anti-lockdown anti-mask anti-mandate demonstrations.

Experts unpick symbols and slogans at anti-COVID vaccination mandate protest in Perth

Neo-nazi and white supremacist groups are absolutely at the core of anti-vaccination movements, not just in Australia but around the world. I've seen White Rose propaganda about town. I'll bet that you have, too. They're spreading the exact talking points that Childlike Empress has been repeating in this thread - bodily autonomy, freedoom from tyranny, masks and lockdowns don't work, the pandemic is a hoax... the correlations are direct, and obvious.

The White Rose, by the way, aren't just interested in spreading antivaccine propaganda. They are also strongly associated with flat earth conspiracies, Qanon, white supremacy and antisemitic holocaust denial. That's the team you're in bed with, Childlike Empress. How does that make you feel?
I think all of us here know exactly how that makes Childlike Empress feel.
Old 20th December 2021, 07:31 PM   #115
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

I'm with the original White Rose and have never heard of your astroturf fringe group. Maybe read their pamphlets, they say a lot about the present.
auf dem Thron
Old 20th December 2021, 07:37 PM   #116
carlitos
"más divertido"

Lol. No true White Rose TM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 08:01 PM   #117
AcesHigh
Muse

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
AcesHigh,

I found a comment from you where you mentioned a glitch with your image host, but I did not find your comment in which you posted them. I see that JimBob (comment #3513 posted them, however.
I either take screenshots and post on Snipboard website (you just ctrl-v there and get the image link) or on Imgur.

It seems BOTH are not allowed by International Skeptics forum bot, as all images I posted were always removed by the forum bot. So I gave up.
AcesHigh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 08:07 PM   #118
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

I'm with the original White Rose and have never heard of your astroturf fringe group. Maybe read their pamphlets, they say a lot about the present.
There is no "original" White Rose, unless you're talking about the anti-Nazi resistance group during the War, which bears very little resemblance to the current incarnation. If you're with White Rose today, then you are a member of an antisemitic holocaust denying white supremacist group. Perhaps you might want to reconsider that.
Old 20th December 2021, 08:09 PM   #119
AcesHigh
Muse

you understand that showing the Roman salute in public is iillegal in Germany, right?
the Roman salute is not Roman at all. It was invented in the 18th century.

There is no ancient roman description of it and all ancient artwork displaying salute gestures, show nothing like it.
AcesHigh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th December 2021, 08:15 PM   #120
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Lol. No true White Rose TM.

Of course there is. Read their pamphlets. First paragraph:

Originally Posted by White Rose First Pamphlet
Nothing is so unworthy of a civilized nation as allowing itself to be "governed" without opposition by an irresponsible clique that has yielded to base instinct. It is certain that today every honest German is ashamed of his government. Who among us has any conception of the dimensions of shame that will befall us and our children when one day the veil has fallen from our eyes and the most horrible of crimes - crimes that infinitely outdistance every human measure - reach the light of day?
auf dem Thron

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories