IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 21st December 2021, 11:52 AM   #161
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I would agree but unfortunately Putin isn't an idiot he is quite the intelligent Machiavellian plotter and I see a future filled with death, murder, war and chaos all coming from him against those who he sees as his enemies.
I think it's possible to be an idiot but still be cunning. For example, being a bully in a culture that worships bullies is no special trick. He could be more, do more, and actually raise Russia up from the dung heap, but he'd rather play petty games with the West using the bully's zero sum logic.

Putin will be remembered by history as just another tyrant whose ego harmed his people. His response to covid-19 is a perfect example of his failure to lead.
Old 21st December 2021, 12:38 PM   #162
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post

<respectful snip>

The White Rose, by the way, aren't just interested in spreading antivaccine propaganda. They are also strongly associated with flat earth conspiracies, Qanon, white supremacy and antisemitic holocaust denial. That's the team you're in bed with, Childlike Empress. How does that make you feel?
And of course, the vile appropriation of the White Rose name.

And even if Childlike Empress wants to restrict themselves to Germany, the AfD has antivax policies.

Maybe Childlike Empress doesn't think the AfD are fascist.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 12:52 PM   #163
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Nope, I shouldn't. Nobody xares about some stickers in Melbourne. You just helped to make this alleged group more prominent. Maybe I should be angry about that.

jimbob's three sleazy Brit-Nazis, now your fake White Rose, what's next? Atomwaffen Division?

What about the AfD?

Are you happy to be making common cause with them?

And multiple other far-right parties in Europe and indeed many other countries.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 12:54 PM   #164
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by dann View Post
* 30. März 1950 in Pforzheim; † 18. Dezember 2021
Quote:
Far right politician from AfD and covid denier, Bernd #grimmer, died of covid after three weeks in intensive care.
He didn't believe that covid was dangerous so he didn't get a vaccine.
He praised Sweden's handling of the pandemic.
He was an idiot.
AfD-Abgeordneter Bernd Grimmer stirbt infolge von Covid-19-Erkrankung (Zeit.de, Dec 20, 2021)
https://twitter.com/AlinaWarne/statu...25442671882243
Quote:
Im Dezember 2021 starb Grimmer nach dreiwöchiger Krankheit an den Folgen einer COVID-19-Erkrankung. Er hatte sich nicht gegen COVID-19 impfen lassen und wiederholt Kritik an den Coronaschutzmaßnahmen und der Berichterstattung zur COVID-19-Pandemie geäußert. Unter anderem bezeichnete er Mitte 2020 die Berichterstattung zur Pandemie als „Panikmache“. Im September 2021 erklärte er auf Facebook, das „Corona-Regime“ könne „nur noch als krank bezeichnet“ werden.
Bernd Grimmer (Wikipedia)
Yes but what has the AfD got to do with far right antivaxers in Germany?

Old 21st December 2021, 02:38 PM   #165
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

LOL at that picture with the three stooges. jimbob, you understand that showing the Roman salute in public is iillegal in Germany, right? If these stooges weren't stooges, they would be in jail or at least in big legal trouble.

You don't usually see people like this at any demonstrations against the fascist corona-regime.

Seriously, get a grip.
But it was never a Roman salute. Do you know anything at all?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 05:10 PM   #166
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
But it was never a Roman salute. Do you know anything at all?
It's sometimes referred to, incorrectly, as the Roman salute, including in the article discussing it on Wikipedia. The fact that it was never actually used in ancient Rome is just one of those facts that we shouldn't make fun of people for not knowing.
Old 21st December 2021, 06:14 PM   #167
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

jimbob, drop the obnoxious attempts at Kontaktschuld. I'm already trolling you with David Icke, so I couldn't be more evil.

As to the AfD, I have nothing to do with them. They are very shy at taking a stance against the fascist corona-regime. At least on the leadership and propgram level. There are single people who do, like there are in other parties. And the AfD is far from "fascist" - they of course aren't in a position to be. They are as far-right as Kohl's CDU in the 80s, a niche in the political spectrum that was open thanks to Merkel's work when they founded themselves. There's the old saying of Franz-Josef Strauss (CSU) "right of me is only a wall". No more. If you want "far-right" German parties, there's the NPD, "The Right" and "Der III. Weg". All completely fringe while the AfD is the strongest party in some federal states (Saxony, Thuringa).

MarkCorrigan, you are treating on thin ice here. Publically wishing ill-will on other people like this will always point back to you more than to them. And I mean that in a carmic, not a "I will report you" kind of way. I know that you will now scream "WOO!" but I recommend you to try to deal with your intense fear of death. You do have a soul and it will survive your physical death. Good luck.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 06:23 PM   #168
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

It's sometimes referred to, incorrectly, as the Roman salute, including in the article discussing it on Wikipedia. The fact that it was never actually used in ancient Rome is just one of those facts that we shouldn't make fun of people for not knowing.

You understand that fascism in Italy (capitol: Rome) predates the take-over of the Nazis by ten years, right? From your wikipedia article:

Originally Posted by Roman Salute
Through d'Annunzio's influence, the gesture soon became part of the rising Italian Fascist movement's symbolic repertoire. In 1923 the salute was gradually adopted by the Italian Fascist regime. It was then adopted and made compulsory within the Nazi Party in 1926, and gained national prominence in the German state when the Nazis took power in 1933. It was also adopted by other fascist, far right and ultranationalist movements.
auf dem Thron
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 06:44 PM   #169
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I get it: the AfD Isn't fascist enough for you.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 06:49 PM   #170
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

You do have a soul and it will survive your physical death. Good luck.
Evidence?* Good luck.

*I forgot I was adressing the smartest person yadah-yadah-yadah.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 21st December 2021 at 06:50 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 06:55 PM   #171
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

You understand that fascism in Italy (capitol: Rome) predates the take-over of the Nazis by ten years, right? From your wikipedia article:
You understand that we don't usually refer to countries by the name of their capital city, right? And you understand that most of the time when we who are not Italian refer to something as being Roman, we're referring to ancient Rome and not the capital city of the modern state of Italy, right?

Regardless, while it is common to refer to the fascist salute as the "Roman salute", because of inaccurate post-Roman depictions of ancient Rome, it is incorrect to do so, and it should instead always be referred to as the fascist salute.

The history of the salute as related on the Wikipedia page I linked to earlier is actually quite interesting, and I lost several minutes of my day to it.
Old 21st December 2021, 06:58 PM   #172
MarkCorrigan
¡No pasarán!

No, I don't have a soul, although this isn't the thread to be arguing about that.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st December 2021, 08:18 PM   #173
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

I agree with not calling it the Roman salute for a number of reasons already cited, as well as that it leaves the possibility open of people quibbling over its interpreted meaning in contemporary events (or in the past century or so...).
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 06:07 AM   #174
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

jimbob, drop the obnoxious attempts at Kontaktschuld. I'm already trolling you with David Icke, so I couldn't be more evil.

As to the AfD, I have nothing to do with them. They are very shy at taking a stance against the fascist corona-regime. At least on the leadership and propgram level. There are single people who do, like there are in other parties. And the AfD is far from "fascist" - they of course aren't in a position to be. They are as far-right as Kohl's CDU in the 80s, a niche in the political spectrum that was open thanks to Merkel's work when they founded themselves. There's the old saying of Franz-Josef Strauss (CSU) "right of me is only a wall". No more. If you want "far-right" German parties, there's the NPD, "The Right" and "Der III. Weg". All completely fringe while the AfD is the strongest party in some federal states (Saxony, Thuringa).

MarkCorrigan, you are treating on thin ice here. Publically wishing ill-will on other people like this will always point back to you more than to them. And I mean that in a carmic, not a "I will report you" kind of way. I know that you will now scream "WOO!" but I recommend you to try to deal with your intense fear of death. You do have a soul and it will survive your physical death. Good luck.
It's a bit of an odd defence: "I'm merely trolling you whenever you find any of my sources have vile views"

And the far right are generally antivaxers in Germany as in most of Europe and the West. Although presumably, even they are not stupid enough to explicitly use arrestable symbols in public.

Old 22nd December 2021, 06:07 AM   #175
Georg
Graduate Poster

Science and sanity is all I'm contributiong to this forum, that's right.

You do have a soul and it will survive your physical death.

Georg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 06:18 AM   #176
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Georg View Post
CTists do not (can not) do consistency.
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:23 AM   #177
sackett
Philosopher

Watch this post get moved toot sweet

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
No, I don't have a soul, although this isn't the thread to be arguing about that.
Gee, Mark, I'm sorry. Would you like to have my soul? I'm not using it.

Or maybe CE has yours. Ask him to give it back and see what he says.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:31 AM   #178
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I get it: the AfD Isn't fascist enough for you.
I think fascism to CE is akin to what communism is for Bubba.
It's a catch-all phrase for anything they oppose. Thus, the German government is labelled as fascist, even though it isn't remotely fascist, but the German far-right isn't, purely because of CE's antipathy for one and predilection for the other. It matters not what fascism actually is, in the same way that Bubba clearly has no clue what communism actually is.
I think- and I'm just speculating here- that the main difference is that Bubba is coming from a position of comical ignorance, whereas CE's output is more crafted, possibly because it originates elsewhere and serves a different purpose.
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:58 AM   #179
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Bubba is coming from the Breitbart corner, CE from RT - interesting that there is so much overlap between the two.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:59 AM   #180
sackett
Philosopher

Like arth, I went to Wiki to get current on the Mein Bruder ist so hagen salute. Sure nuff, it comes from D'Annunzio's jerkwad mind, along with "Aya aya aya a la la!"* and "Morire non e basta!" How & the hell people back in the 20s and 30s managed not to spew a rib laffing at the fascists is a mystery, and not a trivial one.

Ignorance doesn't foster much sense of the ridiculous, I suppose. And when people cherish and nurture their ignorance, they can never know how silly they look.

* You should see what the software made of that on my first try.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 08:59 AM   #181
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

What is your evidence for a soul?
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 09:15 AM   #182
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Anti-vax kickboxer "The Undertaker" takes on COVID and gets taken to the real undertaker.
Quote:
A world champion kickboxer has died from complications caused by COVID-19 just weeks after he discharged himself from the hospital. Frederic ‘The Undertaker’ Sinistra, 41, died at his home in Belgium earlier this month, according to local outlets. An unvaccinated heavyweight fighter, Sinistra refused to use the term COVID-19. His coach, Osman Yigin, said he’d forced the athlete into the hospital after he contracted the “little virus,” as Sinistra liked to call it. From inside an intensive care unit in Liège, Sinistra posted updates on social media, maintaining, “A warrior never abdicates!!!!!! I will come back even stronger,” even as he acknowledged the inflammation in his lungs was 33 times greater than a healthy level. He went home days later and reportedly began to treat himself with oxygen. His partner announced his death on his Facebook page on Dec. 16.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 09:52 AM   #183
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Another lovely antivaxer:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59740841

Quote:
A man who admitted stalking former BBC Breakfast presenter Louise Minchin and her daughter has been sentenced to two years and eight months in jail.

Carl Davies, 44, was due to stand trial but later changed his plea.

Davies, of Flint, Flintshire, admitted causing alarm or distress to both Louise and her daughter Mia in July 2020 by posting intimidating comments on Instagram.
It's this guy, who deleted his twitter account and was also using that to stalk.

Old 22nd December 2021, 09:54 AM   #184
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

You do have a soul and it will survive your physical death. Good luck.
I agree we do all have a soul, not the kind you mean, but the 'R' variant.
As does this forum.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:29 AM   #185
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Does anyone else have any thoughts as to whether the world's medical science community is too dumb to figure out that it's just the flu and people are dying of hysterical delusions, or if they're all part of an evil empire of deception and fully committed to the hoax?

Again, both alternatives seem pretty ******* stupid to me. But if a self-declared genius thinks otherwise, I should like to know how either scenario actually works.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:43 AM   #186
eerok
Quixoticist

Deleted ... not worth it.

Last edited by eerok; 22nd December 2021 at 11:07 AM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:12 AM   #187
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What is your evidence for a soul?
Here's mine...

If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:14 AM   #188
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Yeah, folks, whatever.

Munich again massive right now. Police tried to prohibit it but they just don't have the slightest chance against that mass of people. There was just another chain peacefully broken.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
auf dem Thron

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 22nd December 2021 at 11:15 AM.
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:18 AM   #189
catsmate
No longer the 1

LOL at that picture with the three stooges. jimbob, you understand that showing the Roman salute in public is iillegal in Germany, right? If these stooges weren't stooges, they would be in jail or at least in big legal trouble.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:01 PM   #190
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Yeah, folks, whatever.

Munich again massive right now. Police tried to prohibit it but they just don't have the slightest chance against that mass of people. There was just another chain peacefully broken.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Argumentum ad populum? The numbers don't mean they're right. The videos you show are no better than religious arguments citing numbers of adherents as support for the truth of a religious belief. You need to present logical arguments that those people in the videos are right, not just that they believe.

This is a thread about conspiracy theories about COVID-19. The ones you've been pushing require that millions of experts worldwide are either all grossly inept compared to a bunch of untrained laymen on the internet, or are all fully aware of the deception and fully committed to the hoax. I want to know which you think is the correct explanation, or if you think both explanations apply to all the world's experts.

Are you afraid to address this issue for some reason?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:14 PM   #191
carlitos
"más divertido"

Bad news from Texas (via twitter) - a bunch of the anti-vaccine people caught Covid at an in-person event, and they are now claiming to be infected with Anthrax by their enemies.

Quote:
David Clements is claiming that Joe Oltmann, Jovan Pulitzer and “a dozen” others that were at the Reawaken America tour are “suffering from symptoms related to an anthrax attack”

If the tour sounds familiar, it’s because Lin Wood’s been feuding with the organizer, Clay Clark.
ETA - and Ron Watkins, the former "Q" himself, Candidate for Congress and ex 8-chan administrator, is plugging the same nonsense.

Last edited by carlitos; 22nd December 2021 at 12:17 PM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:38 PM   #192
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
This is a thread about conspiracy theories about COVID-19. The ones you've been pushing require that millions of experts worldwide are either all grossly inept compared to a bunch of untrained laymen on the internet, or are all fully aware of the deception and fully committed to the hoax. I want to know which you think is the correct explanation, or if you think both explanations apply to all the world's experts.

Are you afraid to address this issue for some reason?
One defining feature of a CT is that it make no sense. One can expect the conspiracist, when challenged, to continue to double down beyond all reason. There seems to be no point where this becomes too ridiculous for them.

This thread is a good example.
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:56 PM   #193
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Bad news from Texas (via twitter) - a bunch of the anti-vaccine people caught Covid at an in-person event, and they are now claiming to be infected with Anthrax by their enemies.
Of course, the fact that the symptoms of anthrax infection are nothing like the symptoms of Sars Cov 2 will not have occurred these charter members of the Stupidati!
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:57 PM   #194
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Anti-vaxxer said he prioritized "life over fear," then didn't live much longer.

Quote:
Jan McLaughlin, 65, Hermatige, PA, Car Sales, anti-vaxxer, dead from COVID.
According to this obituary Jan died on December 17, 2021. Jan was an extreme social media anti-vaxxer, as you'll see. He and 20 of his family members gathered for Thanksgiving, and out of those 20 family members 8 came down with COVID. Two of the 8 had to go on supplemental oxygen and another 2 were ventilated, including Jan here who died. I'm trying to track down the others. This was reported by a family member who attended that Thanksgiving get together but thankfully she and her family were vaccinated.
I would imagine it was extremely fearful being intubated due to the virus you actively minimized.

This isn't celebrating COVID deaths as one interlocutor claimed, it is pointing out the rank pig-ignorance of anti-vax disinformation, and the tragedy of the death and destruction that is causes.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 22nd December 2021, 07:57 PM   #195
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Tyranny!

Old 22nd December 2021, 10:27 PM   #196
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Help help! We're being repressed!
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:00 AM   #197
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Anti-vaxxer said he prioritized "life over fear," then didn't live much longer.

I would imagine it was extremely fearful being intubated due to the virus you actively minimized.

This isn't celebrating COVID deaths as one interlocutor claimed, it is pointing out the rank pig-ignorance of anti-vax disinformation, and the tragedy of the death and destruction that is causes.
The paraphrase Mother Teresa, it's beautiful when anti-vaxxer scum die for Trump in swing states.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:04 AM   #198
Tom Palven
Thinker

It seems that the major media are still framing the parameters of debate, determining the boundaries of discussion.

What is deemed to be debatable now are such things as "Are masks effective against the omicron strain? Which boosters are more effective against omicron, and so on.

This seems akin to religionists arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin rather than debating whether there are such things as angels.
Tom Palven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2021, 03:51 AM   #199
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Darn right, Tom!
Why is no one debating why the Reptilian NWO released the Omicron variant before, instead of after Christmas, as they promised?

- Robert M. Pirsig
Old 23rd December 2021, 07:53 AM   #200
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
It seems that the major media are still framing the parameters of debate, determining the boundaries of discussion.

What is deemed to be debatable now are such things as "Are masks effective against the omicron strain? Which boosters are more effective against omicron, and so on.

This seems akin to religionists arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin rather than debating whether there are such things as angels.

Where are all of the millions of people who died from Coronavirus, Tom?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories