IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Capitol riot , FBI conspiracies , Matt Gaetz , oklahoma city bombing , Ray Epps

Old 8th January 2022, 10:06 AM   #1
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Smile JANUARY 6TH CONSPIRACY theories

Dear Fellow debunkers,
Why is a Sitting United States Congressman endorsing the Idea that an Oklahoma Bombing Conspiracy theorist was employed by the FBI, to lead an Insurrection against the United States Capitol?
I know Ray Epps from the Republican Forum on MySpace he tried once to convince me the Oklahoma city Bombing was a False Flag to destroy the Militia Movement that formed after The Branch Dividian compound as raided By the ATF .
So why does Matt Gaetz think the FBI would hire a Man who said the FBI blew up Babies to destroy the Militia Movement?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2022, 11:29 PM   #2
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Dear Fellow debunkers,
Why is a Sitting United States Congressman endorsing the Idea that an Oklahoma Bombing Conspiracy theorist was employed by the FBI, to lead an Insurrection against the United States Capitol?
I know Ray Epps from the Republican Forum on MySpace he tried once to convince me the Oklahoma city Bombing was a False Flag to destroy the Militia Movement that formed after The Branch Dividian compound as raided By the ATF .
So why does Matt Gaetz think the FBI would hire a Man who said the FBI blew up Babies to destroy the Militia Movement?
Yeah, so is there like a link or something?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2022, 11:49 PM   #3
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

My personal FBI related Jan 6th conspiracy is that the Bureau chose a "pick up the pieces" attitude instead of trying to anticipate and prevent the violence.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th January 2022, 11:58 PM   #4
Warp12
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
My personal FBI related Jan 6th conspiracy is that the Bureau chose a "pick up the pieces" attitude instead of trying to anticipate and prevent the violence.
I would be looking more at why the security was so lax. It didn't take a rocket scientist to anticipate that there could be trouble, after all.
Old 9th January 2022, 12:14 AM   #5
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I would be looking more at why the security was so lax. It didn't take a rocket scientist to anticipate that there could be trouble, after all.
how so?
Republicans and Trump insisted that their supporters were peaceful, and all intelligence suggested (correctly) that counter-protesters would be absent.

So you are saying that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to anticipate that a Trump rally would be trouble.

And I agree with you there.

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 12:16 AM   #6
Warp12
Illuminator

how so?
Republicans and Trump insisted that their supporters were peaceful, and all intelligence suggested (correctly) that counter-protesters would be absent.

So you are saying that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to anticipate that a Trump rally would be trouble.

And I agree with you there.
It was more than a typical "Trump Rally", obviously. It was a "Save America" rally, after all.

I mean, how oblivious could those in charge of security be?

Last edited by Warp12; 9th January 2022 at 12:17 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 12:20 AM   #7
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It was more than a typical "Trump Rally", obviously. It was a "Save America" rally, after all.

you are in disagreement with the public statements of almost all Republicans here. Sure you are not a Liberal?

- Robert M. Pirsig
Old 9th January 2022, 12:26 AM   #8
Warp12
Illuminator

you are in disagreement with the public statements of almost all Republicans here. Sure you are not a Liberal?
Am I? I don't see too many around.

But, I will say...I don't endorse the actions of those on 1/6. I understand why they might have been deluded into thinking they were doing the right thing. But that does not excuse their actions.

But as far as a CT for that event, I would be looking at security very hard. It seems that even with a half-assed effort, this event could have been avoided. Depending on your leanings, you could pin it on either party, CT-wise.
Old 9th January 2022, 12:47 AM   #9
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

the answer to your question is, unfortunately, very obvious; that doesn't mean that you will accept it, instead will choose to take it as a personal attack against conservatives, as you usually do.

And the answer is this: it is incontrovertibly true that US Law enforcement systematically overestimates the potential for violence from minority and left-leaning groups, and has almost a blind spot when it comes to violence originating from right leaning groups and individuals. The reason being that people drawn to Law Enforcement work are overwhelmingly ideological to the Right themselves, and see right-wing agitators more than comrades than threats.

- Robert M. Pirsig
Old 9th January 2022, 12:53 AM   #10
Warp12
Illuminator

the answer to your question is, unfortunately, very obvious; that doesn't mean that you will accept it, instead will choose to take it as a personal attack against conservatives, as you usually do.

And the answer is this: it is incontrovertibly true that US Law enforcement systematically overestimates the potential for violence from minority and left-leaning groups, and has almost a blind spot when it comes to violence originating from right leaning groups and individuals. The reason being that people drawn to Law Enforcement work are overwhelmingly ideological to the Right themselves, and see right-wing agitators more than comrades than threats.
That overall debate is outside of the scope of my comments. Of course, your commentary doesn't surprise me at all.

I am just saying, if I were coming up with a CT, I would focus on the security end of things. No matter what my political leanings. The burden of proof for demonstrating that race/politics were primary factors in this particular case, is on you.

Last edited by Warp12; 9th January 2022 at 01:02 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 06:00 AM   #11
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Yeah, so is there like a link or something?
I didn't want to post the MTG, Matt Gaetz video, and I couldn't find the video on you Tube where me an Ray Epps argued about the Oklahoma Bombing Conspiracy theories, YouTube pulled it when they Pulled Infowars off YouTube.
Ray is a Constitutionalist Libertarian Infowars basket Case, totally lost in his fantasies.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 06:07 AM   #12
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Am I? I don't see too many around.

But, I will say...I don't endorse the actions of those on 1/6. I understand why they might have been deluded into thinking they were doing the right thing. But that does not excuse their actions.

But as far as a CT for that event, I would be looking at security very hard. It seems that even with a half-assed effort, this event could have been avoided. Depending on your leanings, you could pin it on either party, CT-wise.
Yes If I had told them idiots were believing the lies of Russian useful idiot Jerome Corsi about Trump making a deal with the Millitary in 2008, and that Trump needed violence so he could declare the Insurrection act, the January 6th might have been prevented.
Fortunately I only told BLM and people affiliated with Antifa. The Conspiracy theorists that raided the Capitol got caught in the Web of Lies Trump and his people spun.
I fill sorry for the Capitol police but I felt Jan 6th had to happen before anyone would understand what was wrong in this country with a President so linked to insane Conspiracy theorists and Crooks.
Old 9th January 2022, 06:37 AM   #13
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

You mean Mitch McConnell not wanting to embarrass Republicans by making the Capitol a fortress ahead of Republicans voting to over turn a free and Fair election and putting pressure on the senate Sargeant at arms not too Allow the National Guard into the Capitol grounds ahead of the vote he didn't want in the Senate.
I did warn Mitch McConnell in an Email to him but he didn't listen like always!
Old 9th January 2022, 07:37 AM   #14
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yes If I had told them idiots were believing the lies of Russian useful idiot Jerome Corsi about Trump making a deal with the Millitary in 2008, and that Trump needed violence so he could declare the Insurrection act, the January 6th might have been prevented.
Fortunately I only told BLM and people affiliated with Antifa. The Conspiracy theorists that raided the Capitol got caught in the Web of Lies Trump and his people spun.
I fill sorry for the Capitol police but I felt Jan 6th had to happen before anyone would understand what was wrong in this country with a President so linked to insane Conspiracy theorists and Crooks.
The attack on the Capitol would have happened without regard to any actions you took or didn't take. It was never in your power to stop nor was it in your power to allow it to proceed.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 08:08 AM   #15
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The attack on the Capitol would have happened without regard to any actions you took or didn't take. It was never in your power to stop nor was it in your power to allow it to proceed.
It was in Mitch McConnell's, power to stop, but I knew he wouldn't do anything, I tried contacting Shumer and Nancy who I had been in contact with before but their offices were closed because of Covid.
I did tell Ravensburger the Conspiracy theorists were dead set on violence.
I didn't tell Homeland Security, because I had been warning BLM groups though the Louisville Breanna Taylor Group, not to go on the sixth. And had contacted some people at knew who supported the antifa philosophy.
So I figured they would label me as a terrorist, when I only supported peaceful protesting with out Violence.y
Old 9th January 2022, 10:08 AM   #16
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Intel reports repeatedly failed to forecast Capitol riot

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/u...itol-riot.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Intelligence reports compiled by the U.S. Capitol Police in the days before last year’s insurrection envisioned only an improbable or remote risk of violence, even as other assessments warned that crowds of potentially thousands of pro-Trump demonstrators could converge in Washington and create a dangerous situation.

The documents, obtained by The Associated Press, underscore the uneven and muddled intelligence that circulated to Capitol Police officers ahead of the Jan. 6 riot, when thousands of Donald Trump loyalists swarmed the Capitol complex and clashed violently with law enforcement officers in their effort to disrupt the certification of the results of the 2020 presidential election. The intelligence reports in particular show how the police agency, up to the day of the riot itself, grievously underestimated the prospect of chaotic violence and disruptions.
So. Just very bad intelligence. (lower case "i")
Old 9th January 2022, 10:22 AM   #17
sackett
Philosopher

It was in Mitch McConnell's, power to stop, but I knew he wouldn't do anything, I tried contacting Shumer and Nancy who I had been in contact with before but their offices were closed because of Covid.
I didn't tell Homeland Security, because I had been warning BLM groups though the Louisville Breanna Taylor Group, not to go on the sixth. And had contacted some people at knew who supported the antifa philosophy.
So I figured they would label me as a terrorist, when I only supported peaceful protesting with out Violence.y
Are you presently at the center of national events? World events? Galactic?

Is Mitch McConnell in the room with you now?

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 02:15 PM   #18
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Dude, you got got pawned off on staffers possibly even interns. Their offices weren't closed. Their staffs were working, you just didn't get to the top of the slush pile.
Old 9th January 2022, 03:14 PM   #19
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Dude, you got got pawned off on staffers possibly even interns. Their offices weren't closed. Their staffs were working, you just didn't get to the top of the slush pile.

Actually all I got was, do to the Current CDC Guidelines our office is working Remotely please leave a message at the bleep, then a Sorry that Mail Box is full please Try again later.
Old 9th January 2022, 03:16 PM   #20
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Are you presently at the center of national events? World events? Galactic?

Is Mitch McConnell in the room with you now?
Not Now, but I use to make appointments to see him in his office, when it was in Owensboro Ky.
Old 9th January 2022, 03:31 PM   #21
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Actually all I got was, do to the Current CDC Guidelines our office is working Remotely please leave a message at the bleep, then a Sorry that Mail Box is full please Try again later.
The fact that you had that number tells me everything I need to know.
Old 9th January 2022, 04:40 PM   #22
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

The fact that you had that number tells me everything I need to know.
What other Numbers do I need to tell them Ron Paul's Waco Whackos want to Invade the Capitol and Kill them on the 6th?
Old 9th January 2022, 05:08 PM   #23
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

What other Numbers do I need to tell them Ron Paul's Waco Whackos want to Invade the Capitol and Kill them on the 6th?
Dude, if you were as connected as you let on, you'd have had the cell phones for their chiefs of staff, political director and spokesperson.
Old 9th January 2022, 05:12 PM   #24
Venom
Philosopher

You are surprisingly in the middle of a lot of things.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2022, 05:45 PM   #25
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
You are surprisingly in the middle of a lot of things.
I know of a lot of stupid People, I never asked for this.
Old 9th January 2022, 06:15 PM   #26
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

These claims reek of unreason. The epistemology consistently edges towards Time Cube territory.
Old 9th January 2022, 06:28 PM   #27
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
These claims reek of unreason. The epistemology consistently edges towards Time Cube territory.
Do you remember how many of the Ron Paul Libertarians were 9/11Conspiracy theorists?
Old 9th January 2022, 06:29 PM   #28
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Didn't you have numbers for anyone on Yarmuth's staff? I'm sure he could have gotten your message to "Nancy".
Old 10th January 2022, 01:20 AM   #29
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Didn't you have numbers for anyone on Yarmuth's staff? I'm sure he could have gotten your message to "Nancy".
No I got the same message from his office, the only People I could contact was Brent Guthrie, and Mitch McConnell by Email, and they have always been uninterested in Listening to me.
Yarmouth's not my Congressman so When I type in my email address it gives me an I am sorry we can't help you message.
Old 10th January 2022, 01:24 AM   #30
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I alway seem to be wrong place wrong time, I would actually like to stay out of politics, but the country seems for some reason to be constantly Cluster freaked up by conspiracy theorists in power now.
Old 10th January 2022, 01:47 AM   #31
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I alway seem to be wrong place wrong time, I would actually like to stay out of politics, but the country seems for some reason to be constantly Cluster freaked up by conspiracy theorists in power now.
And you're going to come in and save us all?
Old 10th January 2022, 03:40 AM   #32
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

And you're going to come in and save us all?
That or I am going to watch the Coutry burn, I haven't decided which is best at this point for the Country's evolution, maybe a civil war is nessisary for the Evolution of the Country, maybe it has to burn too renew itself, like the switch grass on the Great plains.
Old 10th January 2022, 05:11 AM   #33
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

That or I am going to watch the Coutry burn, I haven't decided which is best at this point for the Country's evolution, maybe a civil war is nessisary for the Evolution of the Country, maybe it has to burn too renew itself, like the switch grass on the Great plains.
How? You're not campaigning for anything. You have no organization. You don't have fund raising. Did you go to the Burgoo Festival? State Fair? Booth at farmer's market? Do you expect to save the country from the next 1/6 by simply announcing your candidacy for something? That's not how it works.
Old 10th January 2022, 06:02 AM   #34
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

How? You're not campaigning for anything. You have no organization. You don't have fund raising. Did you go to the Burgoo Festival? State Fair? Booth at farmer's market? Do you expect to save the country from the next 1/6 by simply announcing your candidacy for something? That's not how it works.
First I told what I know to Homeland Security, second I have documented much of it, Third since Law enforcement in Kentucky is Pro Trump I have too watch my back in this State I know many of the FBI in Owensboro are Crazy Constitutionalist Libertarians.
They love Rand Paul, as do many State Troopers. I can't trust any of them, so what I can do is limited by the risk it places on my Family.
Old 10th January 2022, 07:29 AM   #35
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

First I told what I know to Homeland Security, second I have documented much of it, Third since Law enforcement in Kentucky is Pro Trump I have too watch my back in this State I know many of the FBI in Owensboro are Crazy Constitutionalist Libertarians.
They love Rand Paul, as do many State Troopers. I can't trust any of them, so what I can do is limited by the risk it places on my Family.
So you're afraid of the FBI but not DHS?
Old 10th January 2022, 08:06 AM   #36
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

So you're afraid of the FBI but not DHS?
I am afraid of the Local FBI the Local Law enforcement because I have met and know them.

I gave copies of everything I said to the DHS, to Liz Cheney, and To Nancy Pelosi.

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 10th January 2022 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10th January 2022, 09:14 AM   #37
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I am afraid of the Local FBI the Local Law enforcement because I have met and know them.

I gave copies of everything I said to the DHS, to Liz Cheney, and To Nancy Pelosi.
Has the select committee asked to interview you?
Old 10th January 2022, 10:12 AM   #38
sackett
Philosopher

CC, you seem to meet and know everybody, at least as soon as they're mentioned.

Now you must've met me. But do you know me? Do you know what I know?

I was with Moses on the mountain
When the Lord give him the news.
He said, go down thar off the mountain,
And tell it to the Jews.

(Banjo solo with CC on spoons.)

I seen old Joe McCarthy
A-diggin' out the Reds.
I sez ta him, "Hey, look out thar, Joe!
"They's under all our beds!"

(Hammer dulcimer and CC dancing clogs.)

I was with that gal Melanny,
A-swimmin' in the nude.
Sez she, "Fer a nother hunnerd dollars,
"I'll do somethin' REALLY crude!"

(Tub bass with CC on washboard and FINALE!)

Do you know me a little better now?

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th January 2022, 02:44 PM   #39
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Has the select committee asked to interview you?
I am on the list of possible people But their main Focus is on what Trump did at the White house.
Old 10th January 2022, 02:46 PM   #40
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
CC, you seem to meet and know everybody, at least as soon as they're mentioned.

Now you must've met me. But do you know me? Do you know what I know?

I was with Moses on the mountain
When the Lord give him the news.
He said, go down thar off the mountain,
And tell it to the Jews.

(Banjo solo with CC on spoons.)

I seen old Joe McCarthy
A-diggin' out the Reds.
I sez ta him, "Hey, look out thar, Joe!
"They's under all our beds!"

(Hammer dulcimer and CC dancing clogs.)

I was with that gal Melanny,
A-swimmin' in the nude.
Sez she, "Fer a nother hunnerd dollars,
"I'll do somethin' REALLY crude!"

(Tub bass with CC on washboard and FINALE!)

Do you know me a little better now?
Oh Come on you guys probably wouldn't believe I met Jack Palance, from City Slickers.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories