IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Florida incidents , road rage incidents , shooting incidents

Old 12th January 2022, 06:31 PM   #1
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Florida State politician instigates armed road rage, got shot dead by Prius driver

Quote:
John Kuczwanski, the Legislative Affairs Director for the State Board of Administration, was killed last week in what appeared to be a shootout during a road rage incident north of Tallahassee.

Sources familiar with details of the investigation told Florida Politics that Kuczwanski apparently caused the auto accident that began the chain of events, and that he began the shootout that led to his own death.

The sources said the incident began after Kuczwanski’s BMW drifted out of its lane while heading north on Thomasville Road. The BMW hit a white Prius.

Both cars pulled into a parking lot. The driver of the Prius confronted Kuczwanski about hitting him, the sources said. The Prius’ driver got in his car to wait for law enforcement after confronting Kuczwanski. That is when, according to Florida Politics’ sources, Kuczwanski rammed his BMW into the Prius on the driver’s door, and began pushing the car sideways in the parking lot.

Kuczwanski then shot a gun at the white Prius, according to the sources. The Prius driver drew a gun and fired back into the windshield of Kuczwanski’s BMW. Kuczwanski was hit and killed, according to the sources.
https://floridapolitics.com/archives...rage-incident/

Lol owned. No charges as of yet for the hybrid sharpshooter.

Quote:
Previously, Kuczwanski pleaded no contest to assault and disorderly conduct charges in 2014 related to a separate road rage incident at the same intersection, as first reported by Tallahassee Reports.
Looks like there wont be a third incident.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 12th January 2022 at 06:41 PM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2022, 06:48 PM   #2
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

At least he died doing what he loved.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2022, 06:49 PM   #3
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Thank god he died, his Republican buddies would probably never let him hear the end of how he got plugged by some environmentally conscious dweeb.
Old 12th January 2022, 07:53 PM   #4
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

It says a lot about the state of things there that both of them were armed when they were just out driving somewhere, and then felt that a shoot-out was the first and only correct way to settle their differences. Is driving with a gun and a piss-poor attitude mandatory or something in Florida? I am NEVER going there!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th January 2022, 08:00 PM   #5
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
It says a lot about the state of things there that both of them were armed when they were just out driving somewhere, and then felt that a shoot-out was the first and only correct way to settle their differences. Is driving with a gun and a piss-poor attitude mandatory or something in Florida? I am NEVER going there!
I went to Florida once. Didn't get shot.

But this does nothing to counter my opinion that when you have a gun, everything looks like a target. Why bother to solve a problem when you can just shoot it instead?
Old 12th January 2022, 08:07 PM   #6
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post

Lol owned. No charges as of yet for the hybrid sharpshooter.

Looks like there wont be a third incident.
Did you find this news item by Googling for "Florida man"?
Old 12th January 2022, 08:15 PM   #7
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post

Uhm, only one of them seemed to feel that way. The Prius guy was waiting for the cops, like they should, and only fired in self-defense.

As ****** up as US gun culture might be, this guy doesn't seem to be the problem. If all gun owners were as sensible as he was, there wouldn't be so many problems with guns.
Old 13th January 2022, 03:19 AM   #8
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

A good guy with a gun will always stop a.......

Oh, wait!
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 07:35 AM   #9
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Looks like nothing of value was lost except for the Prius being damaged.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 07:37 AM   #10
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Looks like nothing of value was lost except for the Prius being damaged.
Hey, BMW makes a fine car. It's not their fault tiny ego weirdos like them so much.
Old 13th January 2022, 08:21 AM   #11
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I thought an armed society is a polite society......
Old 13th January 2022, 08:32 AM   #12
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

The Prius seems to factor into the narrative pretty heavily here. Are we pretty sure it had anything to do with whackadoodle's secondary attack?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 08:33 AM   #13
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

It's funny that he might still be alive today if the system hadn't molly coddled him in his first road rage incident. He was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for a very similar incident in 2014, but managed to avoid a felony and keep his gun rights.

Quote:
Records indicate that Kuczwanski was sentenced to probation under the conditions that he remain arrest free, no contact with victims, and possess no firearms. He completed the terms of the probation on February 16, 2018.
https://tallahasseereports.com/2022/...-intersection/
Old 13th January 2022, 08:45 AM   #14
lobosrul5
Master Poster

BMW driver really ****** up. As Marjorie Taylor Greene showed, Priuses can only be destroyed with a 50 cal:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Seriously though, the BMW driver is an example of why people with violent histories should be precluded from carrying guns around. The Prius driver is an example of why sane people feel as though they have to.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 08:54 AM   #15
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

The deceased aggressor's last twitter post was about entering a drawing for a fancy pistol.

People have having a field day in the replies:

https://twitter.com/jkuczwanski/stat...39696730890249

Quote:
I just entered to win the Laugo Arms Alien Pistol from
@ClassicFirearm
! Valued At $5000! #sweepstakes #LaugoArms #LaugoArmsAlien #LaugoAlien #Alienpistol #Lancer #LancerSystems
@LancerSystems
#LancerAlien #gungiveaway #winagun #dreampistol Enter Here -
Old 13th January 2022, 08:56 AM   #16
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
BMW driver really ****** up. As Marjorie Taylor Greene showed, Priuses can only be destroyed with a 50 cal:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
One forgets how crazy this bitch is sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
Seriously though, the BMW driver is an example of why people with violent histories should be precluded from carrying guns around. The Prius driver is an example of why sane people feel as though they have to.
"I needs a gun!"

"Why's that?"

"To shoot the other nuts what have a gun!"

Seriously, my fellow Americans. Just bag carrying, open and concealed. We do so in NJ. It works.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 08:58 AM   #17
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
One forgets how crazy this bitch is sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

"I needs a gun!"

"Why's that?"

"To shoot the other nuts what have a gun!"

Seriously, my fellow Americans. Just bag carrying, open and concealed. We do so in NJ. It works.
Generally speaking, carrying in a vehicle is often treated as legally different than carrying on your person. Some states have laws specifying how firearms must be transported in a vehicle, but it's usually treated as a distinct legal issue. When I lived in S. Carolina I could carry a pistol in the glove box without a concealed weapons permit, as an example.

Your point is still understood though, I just like to quibble.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 13th January 2022 at 09:00 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 09:06 AM   #18
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Generally speaking, carrying in a vehicle is often treated as legally different than carrying on your person. Some states have laws specifying how firearms must be transported in a vehicle, but it's usually treated as a distinct legal issue. When I lived in S. Carolina I could carry a pistol in the glove box without a concealed weapons permit, as an example.

Your point is still understood though, I just like to quibble.
Right, and that distinction always made perfect sense to me. A driver can't safely fire a weapon while operating the motor vehicle, so the weapon should be secured from driver and passengers while being transported. Did SC require the glove box to be locked, or the weapon unloaded?

Old 13th January 2022, 09:16 AM   #19
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Right, and that distinction always made perfect sense to me. A driver can't safely fire a weapon while operating the motor vehicle, so the weapon should be secured from driver and passengers while being transported. Did SC require the glove box to be locked, or the weapon unloaded?
No, loaded guns happily bouncing around in a non-locking glove box was fine. Didn't even have to be 21 either as I bought my first pistol at the ripe age of 19 via perfectly legal private sale. Yeehaw!

I imagine the few extra moments of walking to the trunk or unlocking a carrying case might allow for some people to cool down. This guy seems to have been unhinged enough for that not to have mattered, he was ramming the vehicle sideways across the parking lot before going for a gun.
Old 13th January 2022, 09:19 AM   #20
sackett
Philosopher

It's funny that he might still be alive today if the system hadn't molly coddled him in his first road rage incident. He was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for a very similar incident in 2014, but managed to avoid a felony....
I dunno, Turk, this guy sounds pretty doomed to me. All he could think of was violence. Or perhaps his inventory of responses was so limited that crashing and shooting occurred without any thought at all.

I wish to christ it was easier to prevent jolts like this from ever owning a gun. Or driving a car. Or being born.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 09:26 AM   #21
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

It's surprising that a nut job like that could hold a professional job. I mean, how did he get that far without like eating the face of someone who expressed disapproval of his budget proposal for the upcoming fiscal year?

Old 13th January 2022, 09:41 AM   #22
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

New rule: Only Prius drivers are allowed to have guns. I think this is a fantastic compromise in the whole debate.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 09:54 AM   #23
Chanakya

Good ******* riddance.
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 10:57 AM   #24
crescent
Illuminator

It's surprising that a nut job like that could hold a professional job. I mean, how did he get that far without like eating the face of someone who expressed disapproval of his budget proposal for the upcoming fiscal year?
Maybe he only raged when confronted with Priuses. People hate those things.

My parents have one, they say they get all sorts of rude behavior from other drivers when they are in the Prius that they don't get when they are in their SUV. Tailgating, getting cut off, flipped off, rolling coal, all that.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 10:59 AM   #25
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
Maybe he only raged when confronted with Priuses. People hate those things.

My parents have one, they say they get all sorts of rude behavior from other drivers when they are in the Prius that they don't get when they are in their SUV. Tailgating, getting cut off, flipped off, rolling coal, all that.
Send them a copy of this article and a glock catalog
Old 13th January 2022, 11:19 AM   #26
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

The deceased aggressor's last twitter post was about entering a drawing for a fancy pistol.

People have having a field day in the replies:

https://twitter.com/jkuczwanski/stat...39696730890249
I could see bragging about getting a Laugo Alien as they are an exceptionally neat target/competition pistol in short supply. Just entering a contest for one? What purpose is there for that besides getting MORE people to enter the contest?
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 12:14 PM   #27
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

Hey, BMW makes a fine car. It's not their fault tiny ego weirdos like them so much.
Hey! I drive a BMW!

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 01:01 PM   #28
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post
I could see bragging about getting a Laugo Alien as they are an exceptionally neat target/competition pistol in short supply. Just entering a contest for one? What purpose is there for that besides getting MORE people to enter the contest?
Probably some part of the contest meant having to Tweet about it to enter it.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 02:09 PM   #29
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
However, Kuczwanski’s wife, Rebekah Kuczwanski, said in a Twitter thread that her husband was a victim while confirming he lost his life. She claimed that he was trapped and “assassinated” and was trying to escape the person shooting at him.
So would this be grounds for libel? Not sure I would want to make myself a "public figure" in this way and expose myself to more attacks.

Ranb
Ranb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 02:28 PM   #30
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

No one has mentioned alcohol. Not sure if the autopsy result will be released but I'd bet on it showing DUI.

And I'd bet in the previous incident the cops didn't test for intoxication.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 03:05 PM   #31
Galaxie
Muse

<Cain mode>
Fake news! No way a Prius driver would own a gun. It has been well established that Prius drivers are limp-wristed liberal snowflakes who run screaming from anything that even resembles a gun. Therefore, I can only conclude that the Prius driver was, in fact, a car-jacking criminal making Mr. Kuczwanski's actions justified. He's a hero!

I'll see myself out...
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 03:07 PM   #32
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
<Cain mode>
Fake news! No way a Prius driver would own a gun. It has been well established that Prius drivers are limp-wristed liberal snowflakes who run screaming from anything that even resembles a gun. Therefore, I can only conclude that the Prius driver was, in fact, a car-jacking criminal making Mr. Kuczwanski's actions justified. He's a hero!

I'll see myself out...
Maybe he thought it was a taser? I'll follow you out.
Old 13th January 2022, 03:14 PM   #33
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post

It'd be just like some namby-pamby electric car driver to also own an electric gun!
Old 13th January 2022, 04:06 PM   #34
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Hey! I drive a BMW!
Well, I drive a Prius, so don't **** with me.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 04:14 PM   #35
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Or maybe he thought it was an unloaded prop? I'll follow both of you out.

"Freedom of choice is what you've got. Freedom from choice is what you want." -- Devo
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 04:26 PM   #36
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
At least he died doing what he loved.
I'm okay with this outcome without the rest.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th January 2022, 04:30 PM   #37
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Old 13th January 2022, 05:20 PM   #38
novaphile
Quester of Doglets

Needs a pair of sparking taser fangs...

Old 13th January 2022, 05:26 PM   #39
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

No, loaded guns happily bouncing around in a non-locking glove box was fine. Didn't even have to be 21 either as I bought my first pistol at the ripe age of 19 via perfectly legal private sale. Yeehaw!
How much was it, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 13th January 2022, 05:28 PM   #40
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Or maybe he thought it was an unloaded prop? I'll follow both of you out.
It was sitting next to the taser in the glove box and he grabbed it entirely by accident.

...where is that door...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events