ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags stundie awards , stundie nominations

Old 2nd December 2007, 04:57 AM   #1
Mobyseven
Philosopher

December 2007 Stundie Nominations

Hey hey!

I'm sorry again for the bland opening post but I'm currently running on four hours sleep and could drop out any second. The rules are:
  1. Nominations from the JREF forums are allowing, but will not be as highly regarded as nominations from other sources, be they on or off the interwebs. The finalists will contain a maximum of 25% nominations from the JREF forums; 75-100% must be from nominations external to the JREF forums.
  2. Nominations should always be accompanied by a link or a screenshot, to confirm that the quote exists and has not been taken out of context. (It would be wise to always have a backup screenshot, as truth movement forums are well known for deleting entire threads.)
  3. For a nomination to be eligible, it must have a real and obvious link to conspiracy theories, but not exclusively 9/11 conspiracy theories.
  4. Stundie nominations should 'stand alone'. Do not over-embellish introductions, but do provide comments. Do not use any blatant ad hominem attacks.
  5. Please post the nomination under the real screenname of the nominee, and not under a slightly altered name (e.g. Killclown, Roxpup, Do-over).
  6. The best Stundie nominations are short and sweet. As a guideline, no more than 6 lines should be included from the post. If you are giving context, highlight the actual nomination.
  7. Entire videos or audio clips are not eligible for nomination. Specific statements or claims from videos or audio clips are eligible for nomination.
  8. No long rants. Cut them down to the funniest bit.
  9. No speeling mistikes or tie-pose. Everybody makes a mistake once in a while!

And now, I must slumber...

Mobyseven

Democratically Elected Tyrant
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2007, 09:23 PM   #2
JamesB
Master Poster

OK, let's kick off this festival of nuttery. From those geniuses over at 911 Blogger.

http://911blogger.com/node/12773

Quote:
If anybody with a reasonable amount of intelligence looked at any of the the data regarding 9/11 they would certainly see that there are smoking guns all over the place.
I will make an observation using percentages regarding the second tower collaspe.
How did 20% of the mass crush to dust 80% of the mass, when half of the 80% mass is 60% stronger than the 20% mass? Absolutely Impossible without the use of explosives. Smoking gun!
I am 100% sure that 50% of this is 90% idiotic.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2007, 09:41 PM   #3
tomwaits
Master Poster

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...howtopic=18817

from LCF:

Quote:
What I think is hilarious is the fact that the people against 9/11 truth always bring in experts to debate everything we are investigating.
GAH! why ever would they do something so horrible?!

Last edited by tomwaits; 2nd December 2007 at 09:42 PM.
tomwaits is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:11 PM   #4
mortimer
NWO Janitor

December is starting off strong!
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

December is now over. That quote wins all.
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:28 PM   #6
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Are we going to have a separate Best of 2007 poll?

I suppose it would have to be after the december winner has been decided.

Invert the prominent diaphragm!!!

I have eaten breakfast and have not written an Epistle to any Church. - dejudge.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 06:29 AM   #7
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

be nice if the november finalists came up first
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 08:16 AM   #8
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Malmoesoldier with this little piece of insight.

Quote:
Alex jones has nothing to do with any of the FACTS i brought up. Besides he only talks about things he can prove, watch endgame.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...88#post3208688

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 08:23 AM   #9
Good Lt
Graduate Poster

Fresh from Kevin Barrett @ 9-11 Blogger via SLC:

Quote:
By blinding people to the need to take the only effective action, [Noam Chomsky] is bringing on disaster. If he convinces even one person to do something other than work for 9/11 truth, he may as well have personally murdered all 6 billion people on earth.
Sweet sassy molassey.

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 08:27 AM   #10
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Depris, from the seemingly endless (and pointless) Zeitgeist thread:

Originally Posted by Depris View Post
While I know nothing, I am very wise for a twenty two year old.
How can he tell?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 08:41 AM   #11
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by tomwaits View Post

from LCF:

That is a good one, but doesn't it technically have to be from December?
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 09:29 AM   #12
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
its my understanding that as long as it hasnt been nominated previously its eligible
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:12 AM   #13
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Depris, from the seemingly endless (and pointless) Zeitgeist thread:

How can he tell?

Dave
Doesn't wisdom derive, in part, from experience ???
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:26 AM   #14
Argumemnon
World Maker

Well... that's a nice start for Lee5

Originally Posted by lee5 View Post
Yea yea, I know you have Scientific proof and all but I am going off my own feelings.
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:39 AM   #15
Argumemnon
World Maker

And here, Kageki explains that he doesn't hate jews "necessarily", and...

Originally Posted by kageki View Post
Well it's not 90% and no I never hated Jews necessarily. I would hate anyone that does anything wrong. Where does all this assumption comes from anyways?
So be careful, folks. Don't forget to say "I'm sorry" when you burp.
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:53 AM   #16
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by Good Lt View Post
Fresh from Kevin Barrett @ 9-11 Blogger via SLC:
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:55 AM   #17
tomwaits
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
if that's the case, then my bad. but it hasn't been nominated yet AFAIK.

Last edited by tomwaits; 3rd December 2007 at 10:56 AM.
tomwaits is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:25 PM   #18
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by StickMan2008 View Post
I have a lot of famous quotes of renowned individuals about the banking fraud on my hard drive.
Originally Posted by StickMan2008 View Post
I have the actual quote on my hard drive. WHich just got the blue screen of death by some coincidence.

Im not trying to accuse anyone but that's never happened before.
He was soooo close! Bwahahaha! The NWO is everywhere!

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:27 PM   #19
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

That was ALLL me, kiddos. High Five!
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:28 PM   #20
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man

Quote:
I have the actual quote on my hard drive. WHich just got the blue screen of death by some coincidence.

Microsoft is in on it! OH SHI-
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:36 PM   #21
ihaunter
Undead Skeptic

Originally Posted by Unsecured Coins View Post
December is now over. That quote wins all.
Every time someone says that, there seems to be a concerted effort by the twoofers to out-stupid said quote.

Or was that your plan?

"No two humans are created equal. They're like snowflakes with a 250° C combustion temperature." Freefall comic
ihaunter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:39 PM   #22
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Never Question Bruce Dickenson.
Old 3rd December 2007, 02:15 PM   #23
Drudgewire
Critical Doofus

Originally Posted by ihaunter View Post
Every time someone says that, there seems to be a concerted effort by the twoofers to out-stupid said quote.
Continuing a trend that probably started on 9/13/01.
"You post a lie, it is proven 100% false, you move the goalposts and post yet another lie and it continues on around till we're back to the original lie as if it will somehow become true if it's re-iterated again. The same misquotes over and over again. The same hindsight bias, appeals to authority, etc."
-lapman describing every twoofer on the internet
Drudgewire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 04:31 PM   #24
Kiosk
He Thinks He's People

The man himself, Stundie on LCF, claiming that the argument that the WTC would have needed to have been fully prepped for controlled demolition actually debunks the "official theory":

Quote:
Lets say one of the plane crashes into the WTC taking out (For the sakes of the argument!) 5 floors and the supporting columns, which caused the WTC to collapses. In theory, you should be able to put explosives on the same columns across the same 5 floors and cause the building to collapse.

So you wouldn't need all those explosives if you believe a plane with jet fuel can achieve cause it.

If explosives are planted all the way up the WTC to enable the building to collapse. Surely a plane crashing into 5 floors ofthe WTC would not cause the collapse then??
Rest of the page congratulates Stundie on his amazing "logical detective work".

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...howtopic=19764
Many of the medical profession are sceptical about my work. They point to my record of treatment of athlete's foot sufferers - 84 dead, 65 severely wounded, and 12 missing believed cured. But then, people laughed at Bob Hope. People laughed at my wife when she wrapped herself up in greaseproof paper and hopped into the Social Security office - but that doesn't mean that Pasteur was wrong.
Kiosk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 04:45 PM   #25
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.theblackvault.com/ftopic-58196-1080.html
5th post fromn the top of the page, poster IAM1

Quote:
It's funny, as well as predictable that the disinformationists here are attempting to discredit me by claiming I must be mad/nuts to post theories that they obviously don't like, or have been told by their masters not to like . FYI, this is the CONSPIRACY FORUM. I guess they're having terrible difficulty perceiving that . And I'm sure Bushy boy butt kissers really have a problem with conspiracies. It's odd then that they'd waste their time harping on all these conspiracy theories and the people who post them, unless they had an agenda of some type? As I've said before, it's extremely telling when these theories rile up the disinformationists to such an angry state . It's a very good sign that I'm on the right track with my postings and that the disinformationists feel threatened by the information in the articles. It makes me very happy indeed. They'd probably do just about anything in cyberspace world to try to stop me from posting. Just watch those disinformationists squirm and complain folks!

Actions/behavior always speaks louder than words
!
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 04:48 PM   #26
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Kiosk View Post
The man himself, Stundie on LCF, claiming that the argument that the WTC would have needed to have been fully prepped for controlled demolition actually debunks the "official theory":

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=19764
What if, and I'm going out on a limb here, you wanted to add an element of control to your demolition? I'm not sure how the costs compare (ruining an airliner every time you want to remove a building sounds a bit pricey), but it certainly seems safer to use shaped charges as opposed to jumbo jets (esp. for the pilot).

Last edited by Minadin; 3rd December 2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: clarify who I responded to
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 04:51 PM   #27
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:

December is young,but that will be hard to top.
The level of paranoia in that reminds me of the The Question's paranoid rantings in "Justice League,Unlimited.",which is a wonderful parody of Conspiracy Thinking..
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 04:52 PM   #28
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Kiosk View Post

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...howtopic=19764
well this may be a step in the right direction for stundie, as hes pretty much admitted crashing a plane into the WTC is sufficient to destroy it, while also debunking much "evidence" for demolition (squibs on multiple floors, demolition wave, etc)

of course it could also be a step in the wrong direction if hes gone no-planer
Old 3rd December 2007, 05:25 PM   #29
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
He was soooo close! Bwahahaha! The NWO is everywhere!
How does a hard drive get the BSOD?
Old 3rd December 2007, 05:38 PM   #30
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by qarnos View Post
How does a hard drive get the BSOD?

Also, someone needs to talk the guys in the NWO Operations Planning Department. There really are less flamboyant methods of accomplishing these tasks...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 06:36 PM   #31
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tomwaits View Post

from LCF:

Unfortunately James is right - that quote is from November. The reason I allow a bit of slack is because, being in a different timezone, there are nominations that may pop up at the last minute and miss the cut for the month they were made in. The thread that nom is from hasn't been posted in since November 20, so it's a bit too late to make it.

Sorry.

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
be nice if the november finalists came up first
I'm working on it...
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:05 PM   #32
cyclonic
Muse

The proof!

sunwestmovies
"I tried to slam into the Wold Trade Center Towers with my Microsoft Flight Simulator and it was very hard to maneuver the plane to hit the Towers. And I was going slow, not the speeds that the these planes were going. When I tried to go that fast the plane died on me and crashed into the ground. This is proof that 9/11 was an inside job"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cddIgb1nGJ8
cyclonic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:49 PM   #33
Mel Odious
NWO Public Relations Dept.

This is my first contribution to a Stundie nominations page. Right now I don't have the time to look through the threads for previous months. PLEASE tell me this one hasn't been nominated before:

http://www.physics911.net/mitchell

Originally Posted by Edward Mitchell
Steel at higher temperatures may bend, but it NEVER melts or turns to dust. Never. No, not ever.

So Edward Mitchell doesn't buy the "molten steel in the rubble piles" story, then?
Mel Odious is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:57 PM   #34
Minadin
Master Poster

How do they make the beams in the first place, anyway?
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 12:26 AM   #35
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cyclonic View Post
The proof!

sunwestmovies
"I tried to slam into the Wold Trade Center Towers with my Microsoft Flight Simulator and it was very hard to maneuver the plane to hit the Towers. And I was going slow, not the speeds that the these planes were going. When I tried to go that fast the plane died on me and crashed into the ground. This is proof that 9/11 was an inside job"

Someone tried that argument with me last month and a little "get-together". I then ripped "Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden on Guitar Hero III and demanded a recording contract. He didn't get it.

Last edited by 332nd; 4th December 2007 at 12:27 AM.
332nd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 12:27 AM   #36
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
How do they make the beams in the first place, anyway?

Hammers. Lots and lots of hammers...
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 12:58 AM   #37
greyleonard
Thinker

Quote:
spooked911 :"if the plane broke apart as it entered/hit the building it wouldn't have made a plane-shaped hole, and stuff would have broken off OUTSIDE the building"
On DU's Conspiracy Forum
Old 4th December 2007, 01:22 AM   #38
cyclonic
Muse

Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
Someone tried that argument with me last month and a little "get-together". I then ripped "Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden on Guitar Hero III and demanded a recording contract. He didn't get it.
Lol,probably too much heroin hero.
cyclonic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2007, 02:48 AM   #39
tomwaits
Master Poster

ok, this isn't a conspiracy theory, so it's not eligible, but i had to post it anyway

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=9222

from monstro:
Quote:
One major problem with many people here, (not all) is that they are not Bigfoot researchers as such, but are merely dilettantes who think they can tear down the whole castle
with what they think is logic.
Old 4th December 2007, 07:17 AM   #40
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cyclonic View Post
The proof!

sunwestmovies

That is a priceless example of believeing that fiction is real.

One small point though, I would give the poster the benefit of the doubt in that when he typed "died" he wanted the word "dived".
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories