IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st February 2008, 01:29 PM   #41
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post
I'm sorry that Diane has decided that she isn't quite ready to appear on 'Hardfire.' She strikes me as intelligent and reasonable, which, of course, raises the question of what she's doing on her side of the fence. We can look forward to her participation at a later date.

I'm back to square one. I can't produce any champion of Truth to explain to Mark and Arthur Scheuerman where they're going wrong. Isn't this an astonishing development? How can these people prefer endlessly reciting the same canards on tiny blogs to spreading the gospel to a worldwide audience?

The comical buffoon Jon Gold, incidentally, wouldn't dream of facing Mark or even poor little me. He has richly earned his nickname, "The Running Man."
I don't think you'll find a rational person to debate an irrational subject against someone that knows their techniques. How about a show that features you, Arthur and Mark discussing the leading theories and why they don't hold water? It does not give any of them personally any attention but would get the point across.

Personally I think giving any of them any attention is wrong and could (if they use enough double speak) gain them more members. Remember any publicity is good publicity, If they can't associate it to a certain person they can't directly use it for support.

Again my $.02

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 01:40 PM   #42
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Ron:
I just had an idea (feeding of my last post). What about you being the devils advocate so to speak. You present the theories and the arguments and Arthur and Mark knock them down. It works logically as a host and man would it piss them off that you had to present their case.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 04:28 PM   #43
pomeroo
Banned

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Ron:
I just had an idea (feeding of my last post). What about you being the devils advocate so to speak. You present the theories and the arguments and Arthur and Mark knock them down. It works logically as a host and man would it piss them off that you had to present their case.

Not a bad idea, DGM. Maybe we'll try it.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 06:10 PM   #44
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by pomeroo View Post
I'm sorry that Diane has decided that she isn't quite ready to appear on 'Hardfire.' She strikes me as intelligent and reasonable, which, of course, raises the question of what she's doing on her side of the fence. We can look forward to her participation at a later date.

I'm back to square one. I can't produce any champion of Truth to explain to Mark and Arthur Scheuerman where they're going wrong. Isn't this an astonishing development? How can these people prefer endlessly reciting the same canards on tiny blogs to spreading the gospel to a worldwide audience?

The comical buffoon Jon Gold, incidentally, wouldn't dream of facing Mark or even poor little me. He has richly earned his nickname, "The Running Man."

there sure are a lot of not ready for prime time troothers who wont debate
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 07:08 AM   #45
Max Photon
Graduate Poster

Oh well...I gues the Scheuerman episode is hosed.
Max Photon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 07:59 AM   #46
Open Blinded
Scholar

Diane has an update on her blog
Open Blinded is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:48 AM   #47
Totovader
Game Warden

Originally Posted by Totovader View Post
I never understood that sort of ad hominem attack. If Mark really is that incompetent, incapable, or otherwise an easy adversary- then why not destroy him in a debate? He's obviously a well-recognized figure for "our side", but somehow going after an "easy" figurehead just doesn't seem like a good strategy to these people?

Diane I can excuse- she's unprepared... but the rest of the jokers who try and claim that Mark is unqualified as an excuse are only making themselves look worse, and contradicting their entire position.
Diane has quoted the above paragraph on her blog and stated that she never made these comments- she left out the bottom part which would seem to clarify that the first paragraph was not specifically referring to Diane, but rather to Mark's challenges as a whole.

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:52 AM   #48
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Wouldn't it be funny if Mark and Diane met on Ron's show and fell in love? They could be the James Carville-Mary Matalin of the conspiracy world.
Alt+F4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:11 AM   #49
Max Photon
Graduate Poster

Let's see...what's playing at the Grand Ole Oprah?

Last edited by Max Photon; 2nd February 2008 at 10:12 AM.
Max Photon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:01 AM   #50
Totovader
Game Warden

Originally Posted by Max Photon View Post
Let's see...what's playing at the Grand Ole Oprah?
Max, why are you posting in this thread?

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:51 AM   #51
Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Totovader View Post
Max, why are you posting in this thread?
Probably boredom.
"Structural Engineering is the art of molding materials we do not wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to understand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our own ignorance." James E Amrhein
Newtons Bit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:25 PM   #52
pomeroo
Banned

I didn't want to resurrect the "Hardfire News" thread, so I'll post this here.

Gary Popkin has persuaded (he thinks) Richard Gage to appear on 'Hardfire' via remote hookup by assuring him that I won't be involved. A libertarian named Joseph Dobrian, a very bright, pleasant guy, will host. Mark, are you available to oppose Gage on Thursday, April 10, at 7:15 PM?

Last edited by pomeroo; 2nd February 2008 at 02:26 PM.
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:37 PM   #53
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Ron:
Since all the Truthers have chickened out, I think it might be a good idea to get a former Truther to be the devil's advocate. In the other thread I sugested Mikey Metz, but I'm sure there are many of them to choose from.

It's not that I don't think Ron could do it, but a former Truther might be more familiar with the CT positions.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories