IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 1st February 2008, 04:32 PM   #41
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Mobyseven View Post
But can we please try and stick to the rules when nominating?

Twoofers don't stick to any other rules, why should Teh Stundies be any different?
Old 1st February 2008, 04:57 PM   #42
FM21.105
Thinker

I'm surprised no one has nominated this one yet. Let me quote the part that had me laughing:

Originally Posted by Max Photon
Originally Posted by pomeroo
Nobody in the business has ever heard of attempting to bring down a building by weakening the steel.
Told you so! Told you so!

None of the demolition experts have even conceived of demolition by heat-weakening.

Well how then did demolition experts rule out controlled demolition if they can't even see past the limited world of demolition by explosive cutting, to demolition by heat-weakening?

Obviously if they have never conceived of demolition by heat-weakening, they are not experts on the subject, and hence should not be paraded as experts.
FM21.105 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 05:20 PM   #43
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Damn it,A.W, I was going to nominate blndrhed for that myself.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 05:25 PM   #44
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Damn it,A.W, I was going to nominate blndrhed for that myself.

There's plenty to go around. Keep reading that thread. iI you act fast you can nominate this one
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 10:09 PM   #45
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

metamars muses on the explosive type and detonation velocity of the Hushaboomtm that destroyed the towers.

Originally Posted by metamars View Post
What sound does a low intensity thermobaric make? By 'low intensity', I mean one with a blast front which never exceeds, let's say, 100 mph.
Old 1st February 2008, 11:32 PM   #46
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by maccy View Post
I suspect that this has to be disqualified on the grounds that Sizzler didn't just lack for better words, he lacked for any words of his own:

http://gordonssite.tripod.com/id4.html
A plagiarized stundie - Or is sizzler really Gordon Ross? Ross' page and his work there is useless.
Quote:
In this study I intend to show how the collapse of the towers was deliberately caused by the use of explosive and or incendiary devices placed at identified points within the structure.
He is so sure it was explosives... or incendiary devices. Or was it just the impact and fire. incendiary - nope couldn't be fire

Last edited by beachnut; 1st February 2008 at 11:59 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:00 AM   #47
Alareth
Philosopher

I'm surprised no one took advantage of the pure, distilled and refined Stundiness of this one (bolding mine):

Originally Posted by bofors View Post
I also have noticed a military background problem here too. These people are clearly unaware that they have been psychological conditioned and are weak egos being driven by cognitive dissonance.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:05 AM   #48
MikeyMetz
Scholar

Do moon landing CT's count?

Posted 2/1 by David C. on the LCF:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/LooseChange...=28313&t=51606

Quote:
This is quite true. The government lies all the time about so many other things; why should we be so surprised at the idea that they would lie about moon rocks?

Some of the pro-Apollo people here just ignore the evidence.
MikeyMetz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:08 AM   #49
MikeyMetz
Scholar

Alareth-- Ha, go to the link in my previous post. The very next piece of evidence David C. presents is... you guessed it-- a definition of cognitive dissonance!
MikeyMetz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:34 AM   #50
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by MikeyMetz View Post
Do moon landing CT's count?

Posted 2/1 by David C. on the LCF:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/LooseChange...=28313&t=51606

Pretty much any CT counts, so post away if you find more!

ETA: Like this one, from just below the cognitive dissonance comment:

Quote:
This might be another reason.

http://www.philosophicalsociety.com/...0Fallacies.htm
(excerpt)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
invincible ignorance -- the fallacy of insisting on the legitimacy of one's position in the face of contradictory facts. Statements like "I really don't care what the experts say; no one is going to convince me that I'm wrong"; "nothing you say is going to change my mind"; "yeah, okay, whatever!" are examples of this fallacy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, who does this remind us of?

Last edited by Horatius; 2nd February 2008 at 09:35 AM.
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:41 AM   #51
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Can we nominate an anti-Stundie? I like this person:

Quote:
Re: 9/11 was an Inside Job - Yesterday, 11:44 AM
The irrationality of your "evidence" is obvious to everyone but yourself.

You will never be convinced, so all you do is aggravate everyone you meet.

Honest, there is no conspiracy to hate you. You're just naturally annoying because you make no sense and you keep babbling the same illogical arguments over and over again.

How's that workin' for ya?
Buffy

This is from a thread on another forum that David C linked to in the above LCF thread. A very nice summation of why everyone not interested in CTs for their own sake find CTists so annoying.
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:51 AM   #52
blndrhed
Thinker

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
Part 2 of Gravy's Nomination, because I think it's funnier like this:
Wow! How inconceivably out of context! I'm not even a conspiracy theorist. My first comment was towards the claims of those who know the absolute truth. My second comment referred to my claim that "debunkers" were dogmatists. You guys are soooooo f-ed up! I can't believe you could be so unethical.

http://www.ubuntu.com/
blndrhed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:00 AM   #53
Minadin
Master Poster

1. You stated your opinion that anyone who made any claim was full of hogwash.
2. You proceeded to make a claim.

To me, this is funny. It's bad logic, or at least poor self-awareness. What you're basically saying in those posts is, "Listen to me when I tell you, don't believe anything you hear from anyone. You can never be 100% certain about anything, I'm sure of that." Do you not see how the first half of each statement is in contradiction to the second half?

The red arrows at the top of the quote box link back to the entire original post / thread, so that it can be viewed in context. I hope you don't feel like your statements have been misrepresented.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:10 AM   #54
blndrhed
Thinker

Not really, because they're unassociated comments. The first referred to those who make "claims" as far as the absolute validity of evidence or who know the "real" truth. The second referred to my original proposal, or "claim", that I set forth that debunkers could be considered dogmatists. Each usage of the word "claim" was completely unassociated with the other.

Last edited by blndrhed; 2nd February 2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: grammar
blndrhed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:26 AM   #55
Walter Ego
Illuminator

Quote:

It only makes sense to include the news media, and include them from the beginning. Blood must be on the media hands. This is how their complicity is assured.

Authentic news reports? There were some of those. Check the very same BBC report by Jane Standley that you mention. She says ground zero "looks like the aftermath of a huge atom bomb".

Yes, it sure did look like the aftermath of nuclear weapons. It also continued to melt down like that.

mrwronggt13

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1&postcount=18
There's more...

Quote:
Of course, there was no jet fuel there anyway, because there were no planes. But that's a different subject perhaps.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=171
Walter Ego is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 10:56 AM   #56
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

2 pages already? It's going to be an interesting month.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:12 AM   #57
blndrhed
Thinker

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
A gift
Only gifted as far as being referred to as an intellectual by people who would know, such as my psychiatrist. I consider it a curse as much as a gift, though.

Old 2nd February 2008, 11:15 AM   #58
Crungy
Critical Thinker

I'm not sure if this was plagerized from an old Scooby Doo script, but with quotes like this, MM is fast becoming my favorite nut. Reading his posts is like trying to comprehend someone after a four day absinthe binge trying to explain a science experiment he saw in third grade.

Originally Posted by MirageMemories
My suspicion is that having been given much time to research further, and likely having given this momentous event a great deal of thought, Danny Jowenko now realizes the awful truth.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=1072

Last edited by Crungy; 2nd February 2008 at 11:16 AM.
Crungy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:26 PM   #59
stateofgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miragememories

I'm not worried about the contradiction as either way, it proves my point.

If Danny Jowenko is right about WTC7 being a same day, non-pre-planned controlled demolition, then there's been a suspicious coverup of a major crime involving people in high places.

If Danny Jowenko is wrong about WTC7 being a same day, non-pre-planned controlled demolition, then it points to the events of 9/11 being an inside job.

MM
Wrong or right it's an inside job.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...91#post3396391

Last edited by stateofgrace; 2nd February 2008 at 01:27 PM.
stateofgrace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:39 PM   #60
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

AlexBrasil123123 from Youtube breaks down what makes an expert

Quote:
wheres your evidence that there WERENT explosives?? or that the "official story" is correct? and don't give me quotes from so called "experts," cuz "experts" don't know [RULE 10]!! When someone tells me 2 buildings of that size collapsed at that speed and that perfectly because of the weight of the above falling floors (which defies real science and common sense), then I stop listening to anything they have to say.....
hidden for language

Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 05:54 PM   #61
OldTigerCub
Striped Shapeshifting Reptoid

Smile

I nominate Terral for this post today at the LCF forum:
Quote:
Flight 93 never crashed in the empty field outside Shanksville, Pennsylvania on 9/11 or any other day. You are bearing witness to one of the greatest hoaxes ever perpetuated on the masses in United States history. Try to find just one picture of Flight 93 crashed anywhere to realize NONE even exist.
Nothing particularly funny about it...other than the fact that it shows total a total lack of originality or research effort.

(what really surprised me was a complete debunking of his post by RKOwens4 immediately afterwards! That part did make me laugh! The censors must be losing their touch over there! )
Old 2nd February 2008, 07:05 PM   #62
bofors
Muse

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Quit looking at videos and concentrate on the physical evidence.
News flash, world famous JREF "debunkers" determine that videos fail to capture physical evidence.
bofors is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 07:53 PM   #63
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

News flash, world famous JREF "debunkers" determine that videos fail to capture physical evidence.
I believe it is traditional for people to make their idiotic posts in different threads so that they can be nominated by others in this one. You are a non-tradionalist I see. Kudos for cutting out the middle man.
Brainache is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 08:00 PM   #64
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

In fact, physical evidence often is contrary to videos. You like videos. I do not. To you, the video is the thing.

Whatever. Regardless, I think your theory is full of crap. Is there a stundie for that?
Old 2nd February 2008, 08:43 PM   #65
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Er...videos do fail to capture physical evidence. You can't do a chemical analysis of a video of twisted metal. It's like rubbing a photo of a lump of potassium on a photo of a bowl of water and expecting it to go 'BOOM!'
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 08:45 PM   #66
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

It's like rubbing a photo of a lump of potassium on a photo of a bowl of water and expecting it to go 'BOOM!'
of course not, you gotta put the picture of potassium in a bowl of water
Old 2nd February 2008, 08:53 PM   #67
OldTigerCub

Since The History Channel has been implicated by twoofers in the 9-11 conspiracy, realcddeal is going to let the NY City District Attorney know that he was an eyewitness to Larry Silversteins crimes...
Quote:
I think there is one more thing I can do and that is call the NYC District Attorney and tell them I witnessed Silverstein making that comment on the History Channel. I will do that this week and you can check with them about it. Beyond that what would you suggest I do?
From this post in this thread here at the JREF Forum.

My guess is that the DA is not going to listen for very long....
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:21 PM   #68
bofors
Muse

Originally Posted by Graham2001 View Post
I'd like to congratulate Bofors on his shining demonstration of just how CTs work to 'twist' threads from their original objectives.

I started this thread out to discuss a possible overlap between the TWA800 CT community and the 9/11 CT community as these are both internet based phenomenon.

Instead we seem to have ended up discussing TWA800 itself, I wonder what Bofors was afraid we would uncover?
Gosh darn it... my mission to prevent JREFers from learning the secret overlap between 9/11 and TWA 800 conspiracy theorists has been uncovered.

Last edited by bofors; 2nd February 2008 at 11:23 PM.
bofors is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:43 PM   #69
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
That would have saved a mate of mine a trip to the hospital in Year 9...moral of the story, don't let teachers handle potassium unless they actually have a science background.
Mobyseven is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:57 PM   #70
OldTigerCub

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe

That would have saved a mate of mine a trip to the hospital in Year 9...moral of the story, don't let teachers handle potassium unless they actually have a science background.
Dangit! I was going to put that in for a "Pithy"
Oh...What the heck!

Last edited by OldTigerCub; 2nd February 2008 at 11:59 PM.
OldTigerCub is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2008, 05:38 AM   #71
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Originally Posted by OldTigerCub View Post
Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe

Dangit! I was going to put that in for a "Pithy"
Oh...What the heck!
Hey, don't let me stop you!

The story ends well, mind you. No permanent damage, which was lucky as he ended up with some glass in his eye. A spectacular way to make a point though...
Old 3rd February 2008, 07:25 AM   #72
Sizzler
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
But, if you apply that to what Jones and company are doing with the thermite "evidence", isn't it more apt of an analogy to say that they found those ingredients in the rubble of your apartment and assumed there was a cake?
But that isnt the claim.

Lets use bread in the analogy instead of cake.

They aren't simply claiming they found flour water and yeast in the rubble.

They claim they found flour water and yeast on cooking utensils (therm?te byproducts in slag) and mini dough balls in the dust (microspheres) and possibly actual pieces of bread (thermite chips).

Whether the above claims are supported or not (I believe they are not fully supported yet) is no matter to this discussion. I am simply pointing out that your analogy mistakingly simplifies such.
Sizzler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2008, 07:27 AM   #73
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by blndrhed View Post
Not really, because they're unassociated comments. The first referred to those who make "claims" as far as the absolute validity of evidence or who know the "real" truth. The second referred to my original proposal, or "claim", that I set forth that debunkers could be considered dogmatists. Each usage of the word "claim" was completely unassociated with the other.
You know, I still disagree with your reasoning here. However, since your quote is not specifically in reference to any particular conspiracy theory per se, I'll respectfully withdraw my nomination.

Other people might decide to re-nominate it, however.

Last edited by Minadin; 3rd February 2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: spelling error
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2008, 07:53 AM   #74
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by realcddeal View Post
You seem to be the delusional one. Just keep fantacizing that nothing untoward happened on 911. It was all just 19 hijackers with two planes that took down three buildings.

Yep, nothing untoward. Apparently, 19 hijackers with two planes taking down three (sic) buildings is just an everyday occurrence in realcddealland.
Old 3rd February 2008, 08:10 AM   #75
Mobyseven
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
But that isnt the claim.

They claim they found flour water and yeast on cooking utensils (therm?te byproducts in slag) and mini dough balls in the dust (microspheres) and possibly actual pieces of bread (thermite chips).

Whether the above claims are supported or not (I believe they are not fully supported yet) is no matter to this discussion. I am simply pointing out that your analogy mistakingly simplifies such.
Please take the discussion to another thread if you want to keep talking about it. I don't mind a bit of banter in the thread, but when there are actual debates and such taking place they would do better in their own thread and they make more work for me to wade through at the end of the month.

On a related note, I expect to have the voting thread for January up by Tuesday at the latest, preferably tomorrow. Apologies, it's a busy time (once again) for me.
Old 3rd February 2008, 08:49 AM   #76
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Mechanical engineer and "peer reviewer" for the Journal of 9/11 Studies Tony Szamboti knows of specific evidence that proves a 9/11 conspiracy. What's he done about it in the years since he's known?

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
This is the story of the century, Tony, and you're stopped in your tracks after one call to customer service?
Originally Posted by realcddeal View Post
Don't forget I e-mailed them also.
I win teh Stundies!
Old 3rd February 2008, 09:22 AM   #77
Totovader
Game Warden

Originally Posted by stateofgrace View Post
Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post
I'm not worried about the contradiction as either way, it proves my point.

If Danny Jowenko is right about WTC7 being a same day, non-pre-planned controlled demolition, then there's been a suspicious coverup of a major crime involving people in high places.

If Danny Jowenko is wrong about WTC7 being a same day, non-pre-planned controlled demolition, then it points to the events of 9/11 being an inside job.

MM
Wrong or right it's an inside job.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...91#post3396391
stateofgrace beat me to it- but this is an absolute stundierific post.

Conspiracist logic at its finest.

Totovader's 9/11 Conspiracy Challenge Still unanswered!
Totovader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2008, 12:12 PM   #78
Blender Head
Muse

Speaks for itself:

Originally Posted by fred10538
"Let me get this straight. The Madrid fire and the Empire State building crash are *so* different to the WTC impacts, that comparing them is a pointless argument. You realize of course that that works in favour of 9/11 conspiracy theory too, don't you?"
This video.
Blender Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2008, 12:25 PM   #79
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Mechanical engineer and "peer reviewer" for the Journal of 9/11 Studies Tony Szamboti knows of specific evidence that proves a 9/11 conspiracy. What's he done about it in the years since he's known?

I win teh Stundies!
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2008, 02:26 PM   #80
SDC
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
But that isnt the claim.

I think it is safe to say that you don't do the baking in your house.
SDC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories