ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , richard gage

Reply
Old 8th February 2008, 09:25 AM   #1
ref
Master Poster
 
ref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,671
AE911Truth Watch

This has taken place on screwloosechange as well.

Number of days that have gone by since Richard Gage admitted that his squib claim was false, without removing it from his website: 30

I will add in by including the "AE911Truth goal of 1000 members by September 11th, 2008" chart.



The right end of that chart is at Sept 11, 2008. They have a looot of work to do. Looks like they are going to break 300 though. Current count is 264.


__________________
9/11 Guide homepage

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2008, 04:48 PM   #2
boloboffin
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,001
As of today, the number of days that have gone by since Richard Gage admitted that his squib claim was false, without removing it from his website: 40

In the meantime, AE911Truth has completely erased his old slideshow. Two days ago, they updated the front page to remove the sample slide of the old slideshow and replaced it with a sample slide from the new slideshow.

Both slides were the collapse hypothesis slide for 7 World Trade. Both slides continue to display the squibs argument. The slide is so small that the type is illegible, but there are clearly still 10 points under the Characteristics of Controlled Demolition section of the slide. This is slide 24 in his new Powerpoint, and it is reproduced here:



40 days after Gage admitted the speciousness of the 7 World Trade squib argument, he continues to show no sign of removing this argument from his site. Indeed, he shows every sign of continuing to promote an known false argument.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2008, 05:27 PM   #3
Sizzler
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,562
^perhaps he re-evaluated his position.....
Sizzler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2008, 05:37 PM   #4
boloboffin
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,001
Has he? Gotta link?
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2008, 06:23 PM   #5
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 18,284
He also lists 'Cameron Porter' as one of his engineers on the front page although he has been told it's a fake.
__________________
Join the team, Show us what your machine can do (or just contribute to a good cause)Join Team 13232!

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2008, 07:14 PM   #6
Sizzler
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,562
Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
Has he? Gotta link?
just speculation

why don't you ask him if you are so concerned?
Sizzler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2008, 07:41 PM   #7
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 21,847
Originally Posted by ref View Post
The right end of that chart is at Sept 11, 2008. They have a looot of work to do. Looks like they are going to break 300 though. Current count is 264.
Do they know they have fake people, and people put on by others as a prank?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2008, 07:52 PM   #8
Calcas
Master of my Domain
 
Calcas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,472
Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Do they know they have fake people, and people put on by others as a prank?
I joined with a fake engineer name just to get on his nutcase email mailing list.

After realizing that the emails were garbage, I replied to the last one (about 3 weeks ago) and fessed up. I told him to remove the name.

Guess what.

It's still there...
Calcas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 08:07 AM   #9
Terral
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 257
The "Building Fires Did It" debunkers Still have NO CASE. Period.

Hi REF:

Originally Posted by ref View Post
This has taken place on screwloosechange as well.

Number of days that have gone by since Richard Gage admitted that his squib claim was false, without removing it from his website: 30

Man-0-man are you guys WAY off track. This is a clear case of far too many CT ‘debunkers’ (heh) writing nonsense in a 911Truth vacuum, when you have no “Building Fires Did It” or “Building Debris Did It” or “19 Bearded Jihadist Radicals Did It” case using any evidence at all. Richard Gage has no reason to remove the ‘squib’ evidence from his presentation, but “Squibs” (Chris Sarns) is merely pointing out that these complicated points be dropped from ‘future presentations because they just give ‘debunkers’ something to rail about.’ (Sun, 01/06/2008 - 5:25pm.). I know Chris from the Loose Change Board where he writes on my WTC-7 thread (like here = I like his avatar) and he is very much in support of the Controlled Demolition Explanation. I am also an AE911Truth member like Chris and know Richard Gage from our many conversations on these WTC topics. You guys act like this ‘squib’ argument is the basis of Richard’s entire Controlled Demolition Explanation, when in reality that is just one minor piece of the puzzle. Does this mean REF or any of these JREF ‘debunkers’ have a “WTC-7 Collapsed From Building Fires” Case? No! Does ‘this’ look like a picture of a real skyscraper collapsing from Building Fires? No!

Take another look at the ‘squib’ evidence frame-by-frame (here) and decide for yourself. The counter starts at 00:00, but click the >> button and keep your eyes fixed just above the “KTLA 5” logo showing “this” and evidence of this. Richard Gage is not the only 911Truther highlighting the evidence of ‘squibs’ (see the video) in the WTC Controlled Demolition cases. Here we have ‘squibs’ emerging on several WTC-7 floors simultaneously AND none of the concrete floors are in the process of collapse.

Richard’s biggest problem (IMHO) is that he is a really nice guy and wants very much to please everyone, which at times is interpreted as him being wishy-washy. All you are seeing here is Richard’s attempts to shape his CD Presentation for acceptance by an even wider audience, by eliminating what Chris sees as a weakness in the much larger overall case. That means Richard’s next presentation might contain more ‘molten metal’ evidence and less from the ‘squib’ side of the equation. However, the “Building Fires Did It” cronies will still have NO CASE for anything at all. That is the very reason they chuck stones at Richard rather than ‘debate’ the substance of his many CD arguments . . .

GL,

Terral
Terral is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 08:29 AM   #10
boloboffin
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,001
Terral, you don't understand. This is what Gage said:

Quote:
We will strike the controversial WTC7 squibs (in the upper right corner) from the online PPT and upcoming DVD update. I agree with the analysis - particularly the impossible "stationary explosions". ((Damn - I thought these were the real deal!)).
His agreement with the analysis is more than enough reason for getting rid of the argument. If he thinks that it's a false argument, why is he still, STILL, promoting it?
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 08:42 AM   #11
Terral
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 257
Richard Is Standing In The Middle Trying To Make EVERYONE Happy . . .

Hi Bolo:

Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
Terral, you don't understand. This is what Gage said:

His agreement with the analysis is more than enough reason for getting rid of the argument. If he thinks that it's a false argument, why is he still, STILL, promoting it?

Richard Gage is not the originator of the “squib” argument or the supreme being in charge of representing the entire 911Truth Movement on anything at all. He is just one architect trying to make everybody happy, which includes AE911Truth members like Terral and Chris on the one side and delusional Building Fires Did It ‘debukers’ on the other side. This is a good lesson proving beyond all doubt that it is impossible to make everyone happy, which hopefully Richard will learn at some point down the road . . .

The ‘squib’ evidence should remain a part of Richard’s larger CD Explanation simply because so much ‘squib’ evidence exists in the different videos showing the CD-like collapse of all three WTC skyscrapers. Just put ‘squib’ and ‘WTC’ into your Google search engine and you find MUCH more than just information about Richard’s CD Presentation . . .

GL,

Terral
Terral is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 09:14 AM   #12
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,771
Terral nice try, but this is a PRIME example of the tactics your movement uses.

Just look at that slide boloboffin posted! It's crap. Iron Microspheres and molten Iron? In WTC7??? It is carefully crafted to fool people who don't actually do their own research. This is PROPAGANDA, Terral. This should be anathema to people truly interested in the truth, on either side of this issue.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 09:23 AM   #13
Good Lt
Graduate Poster
 
Good Lt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,500
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Hi Bolo:




Richard Gage is not the originator of the “squib” argument or the supreme being in charge of representing the entire 911Truth Movement on anything at all. He is just one architect trying to make everybody happy,
So he's more interested in making his legions of followers happy than in getting the facts right? That's your excuse of this fraud's incompetence and errors?


Originally Posted by Terral View Post
which includes AE911Truth members like Terral and Chris on the one side and delusional Building Fires Did It ‘debukers’ on the other side. This is a good lesson proving beyond all doubt that it is impossible to make everyone happy, which hopefully Richard will learn at some point down the road . . .
It is also impossible for Troofers to understand simple standards of evidence, to correct their mistakes, to put forth theories and alternative explanations supported by reems of factual evidence, etc.

In other words, he's just another fradulent Troofer trying to make money off of the gullible and off the memory of the 9-11 victims.

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
The ‘squib’ evidence should remain a part of Richard’s larger CD Explanation simply because so much ‘squib’ evidence exists in the different videos showing the CD-like collapse of all three WTC skyscrapers. Just put ‘squib’ and ‘WTC’ into your Google search engine and you find MUCH more than just information about Richard’s CD Presentation . . .
They're not 'squibs,' and there is no "evidence" of controlled demolition. Sorry to ruin the fact-free nature of you response.

So now the results of a Google search are considered evidence of something? It's not even research. It's just being lazy and saying "see, other Troofers pave posted this on their meaningless websites thousands of times."

As is often forgotten by the Troof cult, repeating a lie over and over again doesn't make it true. Ignoring the facts does not change the facts.
__________________
Sorrowful and great is the artist's destiny.
- Liszt

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 09:55 AM   #14
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,482
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Richard Gage is not the originator of the “squib” argument or the supreme being in charge of representing the entire 911Truth Movement on anything at all. He is just one architect trying to make everybody happy
GL,

Terral
so the 911truth movement isnt about 911truth, its about making everybody happy?
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 10:01 AM   #15
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man
 
1337m4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,511
Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
so the 911truth movement isnt about 911truth, its about making everybody happy?
And suddenly, everything made sense.
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 10:08 AM   #16
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,771
Terral you should be all over Gage on this issue if you are indeed looking for the 'truth'. He makes your movement look like idiots. And not in the "he must be disinfo" way that most truthers resort to, but actively demanding he clean up his act. You should be just as hard as people within your own movement whom you feel misrepresent facts as you are everybody else.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 10:20 AM   #17
PB&J
Scholar
 
PB&J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 108
I wish I could live in Terral's world where buildings are only 5' tall
PB&J is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 10:47 AM   #18
boloboffin
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,001
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Richard Gage is not the originator of the “squib” argument or the supreme being in charge of representing the entire 911Truth Movement on anything at all.
He IS responsible for his own material and he is ON RECORD as relinquishing that squib foolishness, and yet he continues to promote it.

Let me explain this to you. For example, let's suppose that you managed to speak to Pat Robertson, let's say. You managed to convince him about your Two Churches interpretation. You would expect him to immediately change his website and teaching materials about the Two Churches doctrine, wouldn't you? Pat's got a lot of stuff out there, of course, and it wouldn't be an immediate change, but a visible effort should be apparent to you if only as a symbol of good faith.

This is the same thing. Gage has disavowed the argument. He thought, past tense, that it was the real thing. He no longer thinks this and yet he is continuing to post what he considers to be an inaccurate and untruthful argument about 7 World Trade. It is a disgrace to the word "Truth" for Gage to display and support something he considers to be false.

And this remains true as long as his linked remarks stand.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 11:09 AM   #19
Terral
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 257
Twoofer-Bashing Is The Result Of You Having No "Building Fires Did It" Case . . .

Hi Twinstead:

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Terral you should be all over Gage on this issue if you are indeed looking for the 'truth'.

We already ‘know’ the 911Truth that the WTC skyscrapers were taken down by Controlled Demolition (my LC Thread). Richard is receiving advice about making ‘his’ CD case that much stronger by possibly omitting the ‘squib’ evidence.

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
He makes your movement look like idiots.

JREF ‘debunkers’ (heh) call ‘this’ a crashed 100-Ton Jetliner. You say a real 100-Ton Jetliner went through this 18-feet 3-inch second story hole (a close-up shot). Your leaders like “Gravy” are professing “De Facto Atheists” (shown here) finding many of you standing with him. These readers can decide for themselves which side of the 911Truth debate has the most blooming idiots. :0)

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
And not in the "he must be disinfo" way that most truthers resort to, but actively demanding he clean up his act. You should be just as hard as people within your own movement whom you feel misrepresent facts as you are everybody else.

For the last time: There is PLENTY of ‘Squib’ evidence in all the video footage of these WTC skyscrapers collapsing CD-style into their own footprints. Do Richard Gage, the AE911Truth architects and engineers or the scholars at Scholars For Truth want to withdraw their Controlled Demolition Explanations (like 911Research) from the public record? NO! So stop being foolish . . . Real CD squibs ‘can’ look like puffs of smoke, clouds of hot air escaping from between collapsing floors or any number of things. Chris is suggesting that Richard remove the ‘squib’ EVIDENCE from ‘future’ CD Presentations, so the so-called ‘debunkers’ (heh) have less to whine about. If you guys had a real “Building Fires Did It” Case, or a real “Building Debris Did It” Case, or a “19 Bearded Jihadist Radicals Did It” Case, then you would have no reason to attack real 911Truthers with your constant flow of stupidity. Can anyone here point me into the direction of a “Building Fires Did It” Thread anywhere on this Conspiracies Forum? No! The reason is because you have NO CASE from ‘the evidence’ to support that kind of nonsense . . . Thus “Twoofer-bashing” is all you got . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited by Terral; 19th February 2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added 'receiving advice' lingo
Terral is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 11:30 AM   #20
Good Lt
Graduate Poster
 
Good Lt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,500
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
We already ‘know’ the 911Truth that the WTC skyscrapers were taken down by Controlled Demolition (my LC Thread). Richard is receiving advice about making ‘his’ CD case that much stronger by possibly omitting the ‘squib’ evidence.
There is no case to make stronger. There was no controlled demolition. Period. You have not provided, nor can you, any evidence for this whatsoever. Stop repeating debunked claims knowing full well that they're false. That's called lying.

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
JREF ‘debunkers’ (heh) call ‘this’ a crashed 100-Ton Jetliner. You say a real 100-Ton Jetliner went through this 18-feet 3-inch second story hole (a close-up shot). Your leaders like “Gravy” are professing “De Facto Atheists” (shown here) finding many of you standing with him. These readers can decide for themselves which side of the 911Truth debate has the most blooming idiots. :0)
Oh, believe me. We know which side the blooming idiots reside on. It's the side with the no-planers. It's the side with the space-beams idiocy. It's the side with the Mossad/JOOOOOISH cabal theories. It's the side claiming there were "explosives" in the WTC.

Again, your citations here prove nothing, do nothing to support any of your wild claims about controlled demolitions or any other buffoonery your cult comes up with.


Originally Posted by Terral View Post
For the last time: There is PLENTY of ‘Squib’ evidence in all the video footage of these WTC skyscrapers collapsing CD-style into their own footprints.
No, there isn't.

They're not "squibs." They're jets of ejecta and debris from the collapsing building.

DEAL WITH IT.

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Do Richard Gage, the AE911Truth architects and engineers or the scholars at Scholars For Truth want to withdraw their Controlled Demolition Explanations (like 911Research) from the public record? NO! So stop being foolish . . .
LOL

Foolish? We're not the ones claiming that mysterious secret teams of government agents wired up the WTC for demolition.

Apparently, AEFRAUDS for 9-11 Troof don't like making corrections to their asinine claims as well. No loss here. They're the ones with no careers trying to make a living off of the 9-11 Troof cult. It's not our job here to talk people out of ruining their lives or reputations.

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Real CD squibs ‘can’ look like puffs of smoke, clouds of hot air escaping from between collapsing floors or any number of things.
A foul ball can look like a fair ball from the other side of the stadium, but that doesn't make the ball fair. Your argument boils down to this:

Bedivere: "How do you know she is a witch?"

Townsman: "SHE LOOKS LIKE ONE!!!"

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Chris is suggesting that Richard remove the ‘squib’ EVIDENCE from ‘future’ CD Presentations, so the so-called ‘debunkers’ (heh) have less to whine about.
So much for the factual accuracy of your claims, then, huh? I mean, those interested in the accuracy of the claims and factual veracity and evidence are just "whiners."

Thanks for revealing, again, what the Troof cult is all about, because it ain't facts.

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
If you guys had a real “Building Fires Did It” Case, or a real “Building Debris Did It” Case, or a “19 Bearded Jihadist Radicals Did It” Case, then you would have no reason to attack real 911Truthers with your constant flow of stupidity.

Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Can anyone here point me into the direction of a “Building Fires Did It” Thread anywhere on this Conspiracies Forum? No! The reason is because you have NO CASE from ‘the evidence’ to support that kind of nonsense . . . Thus “Twoofer-bashing” is all you got . .
.

Can you look for the thread yourself? Have you ever searched for anything on the Internet before?

Sorry to flummox you, but 'Troofer-bashing' what we do to fools who make outlandish claims with no evidence to support them. Repeatedly. Every day. Over and over. In defiance of evidence, fact and logic.

You left us no choice. You've demonstrated again why you truly earn your derision. Congratulations.
__________________
Sorrowful and great is the artist's destiny.
- Liszt

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith

Last edited by Good Lt; 19th February 2008 at 11:33 AM.
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 12:26 PM   #21
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,771
Obviously Terral could care less about the truth. Like all who have come before him (at least the ones who aren't out to just make a buck), this is an issue of ideology, pure and simple. It's all about world view. Truth be damned. Evidence be damned. Propaganda is okay as long as it's propaganda from the 'truth' movement.

Preconception ROCKS!

In order to spread the truth, a few lies may just have to be told, eh, Terral?
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 03:11 PM   #22
ref
Master Poster
 
ref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,671
Gage HAS removed the squibs -claim from www.ae911truth.org front page WTC 7 evidence.

And it didn't take long.
__________________
9/11 Guide homepage

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 03:26 PM   #23
boloboffin
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,001
Squibs are still listed as part of the Powerpoint presentation on slides 24 and 66 (the hypothesis slide, before and after). Squibs is still checked off as if he's proven it.

Of course, so is the crazy claim of molten iron and microspheres. I digress.

Squibs are still listed on slides 38-39. The text reads:

Quote:
Side-by-Side Comparison to a Known Controlled Demolition

-- Note the Explosions (Squibs) on Upper Right Corner --
Gage has therefore whitewashed his front page, but continues to promote squibs in his online Powerpoint presentation.

This irredeemably destroys his entire argument, however. By removing this item from his list of controlled demolition characteristics, Gage has revealed the Texas Sharpshooter nature of the list. The front page still reads:

Quote:
As your own eyes witness — WTC Building #7 (a 47 story high-rise not hit by an airplane) exhibits all the characteristics of a classic controlled demolition with explosives:
Yet one of these characteristics was eliminated as soon as Gage realized he couldn't prove it anymore. Which is it? Has Gage truncated his list and now is calling an incomplete list of characteristics complete? Or should squibs never have been on that list in the first place?

By placing squibs on that list and then removing it while still presenting the list as complete, Gage has revealed his utter lack of authority in presenting this list in the first place. His argument is worthless now.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 06:24 PM   #24
Christopher7
Philosopher
 
Christopher7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,540
Originally Posted by boloboffin View Post
Squibs are still listed as part of the Powerpoint presentation
This irredeemably destroys his entire argument
Logic of desperation.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 06:39 PM   #25
Good Lt
Graduate Poster
 
Good Lt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,500
Originally Posted by Christopher7 View Post
Logic of desperation.
Nope. Just plain old logic.
__________________
Sorrowful and great is the artist's destiny.
- Liszt

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2008, 06:48 PM   #26
jhunter1163
Beer-swilling semiliterate
Moderator
 
jhunter1163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Room 118, Bohemian Grove Marriott
Posts: 21,390
Ideologues ROCK!
jhunter1163 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 12:55 AM   #27
Christopher7
Philosopher
 
Christopher7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,540
Originally Posted by Good Lt View Post
Nope. Just plain old logic.
If one statement is wrong then that makes all the other statements wrong.

That's not logic, that's a lame excuse to deny the evidence.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 01:33 AM   #28
Arus808
Philosopher
 
Arus808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,214
Originally Posted by Christopher7 View Post
If one statement is wrong then that makes all the other statements wrong.
false.

Quote:
That's not logic, that's a lame excuse to deny the evidence.
false.

how can someone be wrong so many times..oh wait...
__________________
Back home with a new sunburn...I look like a tomato.

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.”
“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”
Arus808 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 03:28 AM   #29
boloboffin
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,001
Originally Posted by Christopher7 View Post
If one statement is wrong then that makes all the other statements wrong.

That's not logic, that's a lame excuse to deny the evidence.
Perhaps you don't understand Gage's argument. Gage has presented us all with a list of what he calls the characteristics of controlled demolition. He then proceeds to prove every one of these characteristics exist in 7 World Trade's collapse. Therefore, Gage argues, 7 World Trade is a controlled demolition.

The two premises of his argument are the list and how 7 conforms to each item on the list. You are pretending that I have denied the second premise here. I am denying the first, Gage's authority to present a list of characteristics of controlled demolition.

By eliminating an item from his list and still saying that the list is complete, Gage has voided any such authority he might have had. He's merely building a list with the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy. As I go on to demonstrate at the website, he then cannot actually prove a single item of his list, making him the finest example of a Texas Footshooter available. But that is not the issue here. It is on his authority alone that this list of characteristics stands or falls, and by changing the list based on what he thinks he can prove, he has demonstrated the fallacious nature of the list. It is not a serious attempt to list actual characteristics of controlled demolition at all. It's a lousy CT argument.

Last edited by boloboffin; 20th February 2008 at 03:29 AM.
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 08:31 AM   #30
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,771
This is funny. Not ha ha funny, but sad funny. In a ha ha kind of way. Anyway, if Gage supported the 'official story', and it was found that some of his evidence to support it was suspect, people like Terral land Christopher7 would be ALL over it, claiming the rest of his research just may be suspect because of it.

But, since Gage is a conspiracy theorist, he pretty much gets a pass on any lies he tells because, I can only imagine, he is after all seeking the 'truth'.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 09:15 AM   #31
Terral
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 257
Senor Bushie Was In The "Conspiracy Theory" Business Before Gage And Jones

Hi Twinstead:

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
This is funny. Not ha ha funny, but sad funny. In a ha ha kind of way. Anyway, if Gage supported the 'official story', and it was found that some of his evidence to support it was suspect, people like Terral land Christopher7 would be ALL over it, claiming the rest of his research just may be suspect because of it.

But, since Gage is a conspiracy theorist, he pretty much gets a pass on any lies he tells because, I can only imagine, he is after all seeking the 'truth'.

Hold on one minute! Senor Bushie and his inside-job clan were in the ‘conspiracy theorist’ business pushing the “Official Story” long before Richard Gage or Dr. Steven Jones by claiming 9/11 was carried out by a bunch of Bearded Jihadist Radicals like this using boxcutters and whatnot. Twinstead simply stands with Bush, Rove, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, etc. in defending the Official Conspiracy Story rather than stand with the experts in the field and their CD explanations told by THE EVIDENCE. Never allow these so-called ‘debunkers’ to pretend ‘they’ are anything but ‘conspiracy theorists’ pointing fingers at people like this with their bold accusations. 911Truthers are ‘also’ in the conspiracy business just like Bush, the DoD, the FBI, the CIA and everyone else truly responsible for carrying out these 9/11 attacks ‘and’ for running the ongoing Cover-Up Operation.

Did Bearded Jihadist Radicals give away American Sovereignty by signing the illegal North American Union treaty in March of 2005? No. Bush did that. Did Bearded Jihadist Radicals allow 20 million illegals to run around loose in this once-great-country? No. Twenty-five US citizens are killed EVERY DAY here at home and BUSH is allowing that madness to continue. Bush is the one allowing Ramos and Compean to rot in prison for simply doing their jobs in defending our borders. Are Bearded Jihadist Radicals working behind the scenes to bring in the North American Union NASCO Super-highway? No! Senor Bushie and his newly created ministerial groups are doing all of that behind the scenes to bypass US ports of entry, our unionized longshoremen and truckers to ‘displace’ as many US workers as possible in his constant and unrelenting task of destroying the American Middle Class. That is the reason you have a Department of Homeland Insecurity to place illegal wiretaps on US Citizens ‘and’ 20 million illegal aliens running around loose from sea to shining sea. MANY of you have been DUPED by the Global Imperialist Elites working to bring in their New World Order and simply because Senor Bushie pointed to 19 Bearded Jihadist Radicals and YOU were stupid enough to buy ‘his’ ridiculous ‘conspiracy theory’ based nowhere in reality at all.

The USA is imploding upon itself just like WTC-7 and right before your very eyes, but you would rather stand and defend the inside-job bad guys than simply wake the heck up and look at ‘all’ the Controlled Demolition evidence. In that case, you deserve the coming DOOM facing America even as we speak . . .

GL, because you need it,

Terral

Last edited by Terral; 20th February 2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: by to "buy." You people need to Wake The HECK Up!
Terral is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 09:30 AM   #32
Good Lt
Graduate Poster
 
Good Lt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,500
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
The USA is imploding upon itself just like WTC-7 and right before your very eyes, but you would rather stand and defend the inside-job bad guys than simply wake the heck up and look at ‘all’ the Controlled Demolition evidence. In that case, you deserve the coming DOOM facing America even as we speak . . .
WTC7 did not "implode." It collapsed.

There is no "controlled demolition evidence."

America is not "imploding." The Troof cult is.

And through it all, you still haven't proved 9-11 was an inside job, have you Terral?

Didn't think so.
__________________
Sorrowful and great is the artist's destiny.
- Liszt

Certainly, in the topsy-turvy world of heavy rock, having a good solid piece of wood in your hand is often useful.
- Ian Faith

Last edited by Good Lt; 20th February 2008 at 09:30 AM.
Good Lt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 09:36 AM   #33
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,771
Terral just admit you are biased and hold evidence counter to your viewpoint to a different standard than you do evidence that supports it and you'll feel much better about yourself. You know you do it. We know you do it.

I promise. The truth will set you free.

And by the way, exactly how do you know YOU'RE not disinfo? I suspect that "They" have got to you, my friend, maybe blackmail, maybe brainwashing (the NWO are SLY, SLY, SLY!) who knows? Boy, they must have seen you from a mile away. You have disinfo written all over you.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 09:40 AM   #34
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,771
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
The USA is imploding upon itself just like WTC-7 and right before your very eyes, but you would rather stand and defend the inside-job bad guys than simply wake the heck up and look at ‘all’ the Controlled Demolition evidence. In that case, you deserve the coming DOOM facing America even as we speak . .
Terral
Wow. Ouch, that's going to leave a mark! LOL. I haven't read a good old-fashioned irrational, paranoid diatribe in a while (since the last time you typed one, probably).

Yea yea yea whatever. Rant all you want. You're just the internet equivalent of the bearded old man on the street corner in every big city staring wide-eyed and spewing spittle about how the world is going to end.
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison

Last edited by twinstead; 20th February 2008 at 09:41 AM.
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 09:45 AM   #35
pomeroo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,091
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Hi Twinstead:




Hold on one minute! Senor Bushie and his inside-job clan were in the ‘conspiracy theorist’ business pushing the “Official Story” long before Richard Gage or Dr. Steven Jones by claiming 9/11 was carried out by a bunch of Bearded Jihadist Radicals like this using boxcutters and whatnot. Twinstead simply stands with Bush, Rove, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, etc. in defending the Official Conspiracy Story rather than stand with the experts in the field and their CD explanations told by THE EVIDENCE. Never allow these so-called ‘debunkers’ to pretend ‘they’ are anything but ‘conspiracy theorists’ pointing fingers at people like this with their bold accusations. 911Truthers are ‘also’ in the conspiracy business just like Bush, the DoD, the FBI, the CIA and everyone else truly responsible for carrying out these 9/11 attacks ‘and’ for running the ongoing Cover-Up Operation.

Did Bearded Jihadist Radicals give away American Sovereignty by signing the illegal North American Union treaty in March of 2005? No. Bush did that. Did Bearded Jihadist Radicals allow 20 million illegals to run around loose in this once-great-country? No. Twenty-five US citizens are killed EVERY DAY here at home and BUSH is allowing that madness to continue. Bush is the one allowing Ramos and Compean to rot in prison for simply doing their jobs in defending our borders. Are Bearded Jihadist Radicals working behind the scenes to bring in the North American Union NASCO Super-highway? No! Senor Bushie and his newly created ministerial groups are doing all of that behind the scenes to bypass US ports of entry, our unionized longshoremen and truckers to ‘displace’ as many US workers as possible in his constant and unrelenting task of destroying the American Middle Class. That is the reason you have a Department of Homeland Insecurity to place illegal wiretaps on US Citizens ‘and’ 20 million illegal aliens running around loose from sea to shining sea. MANY of you have been DUPED by the Global Imperialist Elites working to bring in their New World Order and simply because Senor Bushie pointed to 19 Bearded Jihadist Radicals and YOU were stupid enough to buy ‘his’ ridiculous ‘conspiracy theory’ based nowhere in reality at all.

The USA is imploding upon itself just like WTC-7 and right before your very eyes, but you would rather stand and defend the inside-job bad guys than simply wake the heck up and look at ‘all’ the Controlled Demolition evidence. In that case, you deserve the coming DOOM facing America even as we speak . . .

GL, because you need it,

Terral


You've been caught lying again. American sovereignty has not been "given away."

When will you stop lying?
pomeroo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 10:15 AM   #36
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami
 
defaultdotxbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,482
Originally Posted by Terral View Post
Hi Twinstead:




Hold on one minute! Senor Bushie and his inside-job clan were in the ‘conspiracy theorist’ business pushing the “Official Story” long before Richard Gage or Dr. Steven Jones by claiming 9/11 was carried out by a bunch of Bearded Jihadist Radicals like this using boxcutters and whatnot. Twinstead simply stands with Bush, Rove, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, etc. in defending the Official Conspiracy Story rather than stand with the experts in the field and their CD explanations told by THE EVIDENCE. Never allow these so-called ‘debunkers’ to pretend ‘they’ are anything but ‘conspiracy theorists’ pointing fingers at people like this with their bold accusations. 911Truthers are ‘also’ in the conspiracy business just like Bush, the DoD, the FBI, the CIA and everyone else truly responsible for carrying out these 9/11 attacks ‘and’ for running the ongoing Cover-Up Operation.

Did Bearded Jihadist Radicals give away American Sovereignty by signing the illegal North American Union treaty in March of 2005? No. Bush did that. Did Bearded Jihadist Radicals allow 20 million illegals to run around loose in this once-great-country? No. Twenty-five US citizens are killed EVERY DAY here at home and BUSH is allowing that madness to continue. Bush is the one allowing Ramos and Compean to rot in prison for simply doing their jobs in defending our borders. Are Bearded Jihadist Radicals working behind the scenes to bring in the North American Union NASCO Super-highway? No! Senor Bushie and his newly created ministerial groups are doing all of that behind the scenes to bypass US ports of entry, our unionized longshoremen and truckers to ‘displace’ as many US workers as possible in his constant and unrelenting task of destroying the American Middle Class. That is the reason you have a Department of Homeland Insecurity to place illegal wiretaps on US Citizens ‘and’ 20 million illegal aliens running around loose from sea to shining sea. MANY of you have been DUPED by the Global Imperialist Elites working to bring in their New World Order and simply because Senor Bushie pointed to 19 Bearded Jihadist Radicals and YOU were stupid enough to buy ‘his’ ridiculous ‘conspiracy theory’ based nowhere in reality at all.

The USA is imploding upon itself just like WTC-7 and right before your very eyes, but you would rather stand and defend the inside-job bad guys than simply wake the heck up and look at ‘all’ the Controlled Demolition evidence. In that case, you deserve the coming DOOM facing America even as we speak . . .

GL, because you need it,

Terral
so do you have a script that puts the scare quotes around random words or do you do it manually?
__________________
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 10:58 AM   #37
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing
 
twinstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,771
Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
so do you have a script that puts the scare quotes around random words or do you do it manually?
He uses a software package called Special Program for Exclamation Words.

Probably SPEW 2.0
__________________
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -- Harlan Ellison
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 01:50 PM   #38
X
Slide Rulez 4 Life
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,121
Originally Posted by ref View Post
Gage HAS removed the squibs -claim from www.ae911truth.org front page WTC 7 evidence.

And it didn't take long.
Are you being sarcastic?
(it's hard to tell on the internet sometimes...)

"Squibs" is still present on the front page.
It's item 4 in the list of "characteristics of destruction by explosions:".


It links here.


below is a screenshot I just took, with the computer clock included.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (84.1 KB, 19 views)
__________________
It is sad that this is necessary:
Argumentum Ad Hominem: "You are wrong because you are ugly."
Not Ad-Hom: "You are wrong and you are ugly."

[X's posts are] ...as good as having 24 hours of Justin Bieber piped into your ears! - kmortis
X is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 03:04 PM   #39
Christopher7
Philosopher
 
Christopher7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,540
Originally Posted by Good Lt View Post
WTC7 did not "implode." It collapsed.
Pure denial.
You call Gage a liar because the squibs in WTC 7 are inconclusive and then you make asinine statements like this one.

Stacy Loizeaux: The term "implosion" was coined by my grandmother back in, I guess, the '60s. It's a more descriptive way to explain what we do than "explosion."


FEMA 5-31
"Loss of strength due to the transfer trusses could explain why the building imploded"
"WTC 7 had a relatively small debris field because the façade came straight down"

NIST L-33
"The debris of WTC 7 was mostly contained within the original footprint of the building."

Building implosion is a fine art. It cannot happen by chance. WTC 7 was a CD

Last edited by Christopher7; 20th February 2008 at 03:07 PM.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2008, 03:10 PM   #40
Christopher7
Philosopher
 
Christopher7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,540
Originally Posted by [X] View Post
"Squibs" is still present on the front page.
It's item 4 in the list of "characteristics of destruction by explosions:".
It links here.
below is a screenshot I just took, with the computer clock included.
The squibs in question are the ones in WTC 7, not the Trade Towers.
Christopher7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.